Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2013, 06:36 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default International shipping

Someone wants to buy about $70 worth of items and they live in Australia. I have heard some bad things about international shipping so I am not sure if I should? And if I do, what's the best way to ship it?
ilyellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 09:16 AM   #2 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to iluvfish2 Send a message via Yahoo to iluvfish2

Best way would be international priority which should have tracking.

Registered will also work but with both options your costs will go up.

Link below will help for calculating options.

International Price Calculator

While its never "safe" I typically look at the persons feedback if needed on here and elsewhere. Any collector typically has a price they're willing to pay and that price doesnt go up for shipping normally so either you pocket more funds or the post office does.

Last resort if your worried about chargebacks would be either gift (illegal on the forums) or a money order.
Old 01-14-2013, 10:54 AM   #3 (permalink)

Is this through ebay? If so I would recommend you enroll into the Global shipping program. Once my item reaches the shipping hub in TN, if the item is lost or stolen or damaged for there on out, I'm covered.
Old 01-14-2013, 02:55 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gritt81 View Post
Is this through ebay? If so I would recommend you enroll into the Global shipping program. Once my item reaches the shipping hub in TN, if the item is lost or stolen or damaged for there on out, I'm covered.
Yes it is through eBay, I will look into that. Thanks
Old 01-14-2013, 03:01 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gritt81 View Post

Is this the program that recently started? I thought sports items were not eligible.
Old 01-14-2013, 03:16 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullmetal View Post
Is this the program that recently started? I thought sports items were not eligible.
It says it is not eligible here: eBay: Global Shipping Program - Buyer Terms & Conditions
But doesn't say anything about it here: Using the Global Shipping Program

So now I am confused
Old 01-14-2013, 03:18 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilyellow View Post
It says it is not eligible here: eBay: Global Shipping Program - Buyer Terms & Conditions
But doesn't say anything about it here: Using the Global Shipping Program

So now I am confused
Sports cards were on the original list in November as non-eligible items. They don't appear to be on the list now, but in order to use the service you must list you item through the service, so that potential overseas buyers can see their cost of shipping. Do a search on this site's forums for 'global shipping' and you will see a couple of threads from Oct/Nov last year with the details as posted then.

I can't find an actual dollar amount for what the costs add up to, but here is the breakdown. It can't be a better rate than going to the post office yourself and sending with tracking.

Payment and Program Fees.

No Enrollment Fee. There is no fee to join the Program.

Description of Program Fees. Your Buyer is responsible for paying all shipping and import charges (collectively, the “Program Fees”) that apply to the purchase of GSP Items during checkout. These Program Fees, which will be calculated and displayed to your Buyer within GSP Item listings, are as follows:

“International priority shipping” (or “Shipping”):this amount is comprised of the following variable charges, as applicable:

U.S. shipping fee: the amount (if any) charged by you for domestic shipping within the United States which, in the case of GSP Items, shall be to the U.S. Shipping Center;

International shipping fee: a variable fee covering shipment of your Buyer’s order by the third party shipping carrier selected by Pitney Bowes from the U.S. Shipping Center to the delivery address designated by your Buyer, including applicable miscellaneous third party charges and fees;

Fuel surcharges: any and all fuel surcharges charged to Pitney Bowes by its service providers, to the extent not included within the international shipping fee;

Transaction fee: a variable fee covering selling, general, and administrative expenses, software development, operations, software licenses, hardware, and hosting by Pitney Bowes;

Parcel processing service fee: a variable fee covering services by the third party parcel processing service providers;
Distribution center management fee: a variable fee covering management by Pitney Bowes of the third party parcel processing service providers and related software systems;

Loss management fee: a variable fee covering the expenses to Pitney Bowes of insuring the risks to it of lost or damaged items;

Transportation risk premium fee and variances: a variable fee covering operational expenses associated with short-term loss recovery and the management of any variances between the Shipping amount quoted to your Buyer and actual costs; and,

Referral fee: a variable fee paid by Pitney Bowes to eBay for referring Buyers to the Program.

Last edited by fullmetal; 01-14-2013 at 03:22 PM.
fullmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 03:45 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullmetal View Post
Sports cards were on the original list in November as non-eligible items. They don't appear to be on the list now, but in order to use the service you must list you item through the service, so that potential overseas buyers can see their cost of shipping. Do a search on this site's forums for 'global shipping' and you will see a couple of threads from Oct/Nov last year with the details as posted then.

I can't find an actual dollar amount for what the costs add up to, but here is the breakdown. It can't be a better rate than going to the post office yourself and sending with tracking.

Payment and Program Fees.

No Enrollment Fee. There is no fee to join the Program.

Description of Program Fees. Your Buyer is responsible for paying all shipping and import charges (collectively, the “Program Fees”) that apply to the purchase of GSP Items during checkout. These Program Fees, which will be calculated and displayed to your Buyer within GSP Item listings, are as follows:

“International priority shipping” (or “Shipping”):this amount is comprised of the following variable charges, as applicable:

U.S. shipping fee: the amount (if any) charged by you for domestic shipping within the United States which, in the case of GSP Items, shall be to the U.S. Shipping Center;

International shipping fee: a variable fee covering shipment of your Buyer’s order by the third party shipping carrier selected by Pitney Bowes from the U.S. Shipping Center to the delivery address designated by your Buyer, including applicable miscellaneous third party charges and fees;

Fuel surcharges: any and all fuel surcharges charged to Pitney Bowes by its service providers, to the extent not included within the international shipping fee;

Transaction fee: a variable fee covering selling, general, and administrative expenses, software development, operations, software licenses, hardware, and hosting by Pitney Bowes;

Parcel processing service fee: a variable fee covering services by the third party parcel processing service providers;
Distribution center management fee: a variable fee covering management by Pitney Bowes of the third party parcel processing service providers and related software systems;

Loss management fee: a variable fee covering the expenses to Pitney Bowes of insuring the risks to it of lost or damaged items;

Transportation risk premium fee and variances: a variable fee covering operational expenses associated with short-term loss recovery and the management of any variances between the Shipping amount quoted to your Buyer and actual costs; and,

Referral fee: a variable fee paid by Pitney Bowes to eBay for referring Buyers to the Program.
Is it safe to send parcel post international?