Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2013, 10:04 AM   #1 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Default The - Thanks you suck thread

Just a quick "Thanks You Suck" to all those who I have given free cards to over the lasr 3 or 4 months who have not even bothered to take 30 seconds out of their very busy and important lives to say "Thank You".

As I was cleaning out my PM Box of over 700 messges I came upon 6 instances of this.

I don't want praise, I don't want reciprocation, I would just like a simple note of thanks.

/rant

Back to real life and death issues now.

kthanksbye
jlzinck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 10:10 AM   #2 (permalink)

Give me their names Jon. I am prepared to scour the earth for those mf'ers.
Old 01-14-2013, 10:17 AM   #3 (permalink)

Gimme gimme gimme
more more more
mine mine mine
Old 01-14-2013, 10:18 AM   #4 (permalink)

I'm with ya

Just a thanks, got the card would suffice

Love sending stuff out to ungrateful #@#@#@#@s
Old 01-14-2013, 10:19 AM   #5 (permalink)

Sadly it seems this happens to me about 2/3s of the time as well. I have never dealt with you but appreciate your contributions to the boards.

A slightly funny joke for you.

Corbin and Jon are riding down the road when they see a goat with his head stuck in the fence. Jon gets out of the car to go and check on it. He confirms that the goat is stuck so he gets behind it and "goes to town."
When Jon finishes he asks Corbin, "Do you want to get in on this?" Corbin replies, "Absolutely, but do I have to stick my head in the fence?"
Old 01-14-2013, 10:20 AM   #6 (permalink)

You didn't send me anything, so thanks for nothing.
Old 01-14-2013, 10:26 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamar3504 View Post
Sadly it seems this happens to me about 2/3s of the time as well. I have never dealt with you but appreciate your contributions to the boards.

Corbin and Jon are riding down the road when they see a goat with his head stuck in the fence. Jon gets out of the car to go and check on it. He confirms that the goat is stuck so he gets behind it and "goes to town."
When Jon finishes he asks Corbin, "Do you want to get in on this?" Corbin replies, "Absolutely, but do I have to stick my head in the fence?"
Old 01-14-2013, 10:29 AM   #8 (permalink)

Jon, you know better than anyone here, that everyone you deal with is in the hospital because of a broken this, hurt that, death of so and so, car accident, meth lab exposion, pc blew up, 3g issues, ipad turned into a DOS 3.1 OS, etc.
http://sportscardalbum.com/u/cactuspies
RIP Mom 10/8/09, PAPAJIM 11/22/10
Cactuspies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 10:34 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamar3504 View Post

REPORTED as Corbin would be the one to get out of the car 1st.
jlzinck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 10:35 AM   #10 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

I'm with you. I've sent out 100s of free packages over the years, most send a simple 'thanks,' which isn't required but its nice to receive.

I sent out about $100 worth of cards to a contest winner about 6 months ago and never heard a peep from the guy. Not even 'I received them.'
Old 01-14-2013, 10:49 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullmetal View Post
I'm with you. I've sent out 100s of free packages over the years, most send a simple 'thanks,' which isn't required but its nice to receive.

I sent out about $100 worth of cards to a contest winner about 6 months ago and never heard a peep from the guy. Not even 'I received them.'
Same here. I had a contest once and gave away like 50$ in cards, not one came back with a thanks or got my item. Its a joke.

Also to jlzinck, I was involved in your Joe Savery travels the world!! thread and after the birth of my child I was not on the forum for some time and saw a post were you offered to send my boy some cards, sorry I never replied to that message in the thread. I only saw it like 2 wks ago and was going to pm you and just thank you for even offering to do something like that. You A+ in my book for just offering.
Old 01-14-2013, 11:56 AM   #12 (permalink)

I've had that happen to me too, but focus on the appreciative members. Also if you feel down you can always send me stuff. I PC Mantle, Harper, Ruth and Trout ONLY. You hook me up with some free stuff and I'll send you a thank you. Heck, I'll even trap a goat in a fence for you!
Old 01-14-2013, 01:03 PM   #13 (permalink)

See this is exactly why people on here should send free stuff to me.....I always say thank you!

By the way Jon.....thanks for being my secret santa! I posted the awesome cards in the official thread, but never said thanks directly to you because I wasn't sure if we were supposed to say who our santa was.

SIDE NOTE FOR EVERYONE ELSE......Awesome lot of Tigers and Lions cards for sale at a killer price. Sent send me a pm!
Old 01-14-2013, 01:18 PM   #14 (permalink)

I know what you mean. I do not think I have ever not said thank you to anyone who hooked me up through either a PM or feedback, but I know I have not be thanked by some people who I hooked up. So goes life though, man. Some folks were raised right, while others take stuff for granted.
ilovethelakings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 01:21 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovethelakings View Post
I know what you mean. I do not think I have ever not said thank you to anyone who hooked me up through either a PM or feedback, but I know I have not be thanked by some people who I hooked up. So goes life though, man. Some folks were raised right, while others take stuff for granted.
Wow, you're coming up on 10,000. Thanks for cluttering up the forums. You suck.
Old 01-14-2013, 02:12 PM   #16 (permalink)

Anyone who wants to send me free stuff, feel free to do so...

I promise I will not say thanks
Dacubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 02:55 PM   #17 (permalink)

Thank you in advance

Lots of [???], [Missing] and #N/A at ROCK BOTTOM PRICES!
Chaddie84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 06:34 PM   #18 (permalink)

I have given away more cards than I can count. I think I get a thank you, or even a response that they got the cards maybe half the time. I was shocked that I didn't even get thank yous from everyone that I put into my 2 free group breaks. And most of those were hand picked members. (The members that were chosen by random, have both acknowledged receipt of their packages and said thank you).

I promise to say thank you to everyone who sends me free stuff. Except jlzinck whom I will thank in a more intimate way.
mmbtvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 06:46 PM   #19 (permalink)

you suck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

had a giveaway and the winner was talking about selling it like 2 post later in the same thread

:jedi::jedi::jedi:
natbornkiller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 06:46 PM   #20 (permalink)

oh and by the way i miss the mug shots

:jedi::jedi::jedi:
natbornkiller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 06:55 PM   #21 (permalink)

Thank You Jon. I have been waiting for this thread. If I started the thread my trollers would be in here instantly bashing me. I cannot even begin to tell you the amount of people I send free stuff too. Not only do I not even get a thank you but getting people to leave feedback is getting harder and harder as well.The best was when someone sent me a nice pc card for free awhile back. I sent them a 1/1 of a star player to show my appreciation. 3 days later I get a pm from them asking me if its ok if they sell the card.I appreciate that they asked but thought it was pretty crappy that they sold it. But whatever. I dont expect much more from people nowadays. Everyone thinks they are owed something in life. I send free cards in 9/10 packages I send. I maybe get a thank you 2/9 times, maybe..............
Old 01-14-2013, 06:56 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmbtvs View Post
I have given away more cards than I can count. I think I get a thank you, or even a response that they got the cards maybe half the time. I was shocked that I didn't even get thank yous from everyone that I put into my 2 free group breaks. And most of those were hand picked members. (The members that were chosen by random, have both acknowledged receipt of their packages and said thank you).

I promise to say thank you to everyone who sends me free stuff. Except jlzinck whom I will thank in a more intimate way.

I'm still waiting for your "special" box package with your manhood. Once I get that I will thank you. FYI, once I'm done laughing at your package I will be regifting it to ilovethelakings.
Old 01-14-2013, 07:01 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodie27 View Post
I'm still waiting for your "special" box package with your manhood. Once I get that I will thank you. FYI, once I'm done laughing at your package I will be regifting it to ilovethelakings.
Do you want me to ship it directly to him? I'll save you some postage.
mmbtvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 07:04 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmbtvs View Post
Do you want me to ship it directly to him? I'll save you some postage.
Of course not. I still want to see if Adruw Jones would trade me his so that I can have your set. Then I will charge a kings ransom for Corbins Balls.
Old 01-14-2013, 07:04 PM   #25 (permalink)

Preach on, brother! I know when I set up my "Pay It Forward" threads, I maybe got 20% who told me thank you, which lead me to stopping altogether. Of course, we don't do it for the acknowledgement, but it sure doesn't hurt to get a "thanks" after you've sent a guy an Aaron Rodgers RC /1000. Yeah, that guy didn't say thank you...

Also depleted my tOSU PC through a "If You Want Them They're Yours," thread, and out of the two guys that put their hands in the air, only one said thanks.

Son of a...
tajikey is offline   Reply With Quote