Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2013, 11:08 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default PS Vita owners....school me!

My 11 year old son is upgrading his PSP for Vita on his dime.

My question to current or past owners of the system are plenty.

Please comment on issues or the like so we go in buying with some knowledge.

Thanks in advance.

Extras, beware of, did you know that....etc.

We will be buying brand new, 3g, wifi, 4gb.
Old 01-17-2013, 06:25 PM   #2 (permalink)

Hi man, my brother has a Vita which I've had a play on for a fair while so I know a decent amount on the system. First and foremost, the screen is absolutely beutiful and blew me away, colors are vibrant and text is easily readable. the touchscreen is exceptionally responsive and nice as well. The battery life was OK from what I used of it. Game graphics beat the PSP to a pulp. One problem is the fact that you need to install games when you ply them, using a lot of storage (way more than a standard save) so memory cards fill up quickly. There is no internal memory so a Sony specific memory card is required, which are kind of expensive and if your son wants lots of games you'll want a 16gb or 32gb card, which are quite expensive.
Great console, but bear in mind the added memory card money and the fact games seem to be as expensive as 360 and PS3 titles. (here in the UK anyway)
Hope I helped!
Jack
EDIT: I wouldn't recommend the 3G version unless you are willing to take on a data contract with Verizon/AT&T

Last edited by RamRage; 01-17-2013 at 06:27 PM.
RamRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:01 PM   #3 (permalink)

i'd steer clear of the 3g... not enough bandwith to play online on the go so pretty much you would be paying monthly for nothing.. wifi model is cheaper and would give him more money for games or larger memory card

i would suggest a bigger card than 4gb. I got the Assassin's Creed III bundle (great game btw) and it came with 4gb card and it's already filled

Playstation Plus is great if you have a larger memory card as you can download full games for free to play (changes often) it's like 20 for 3 months
gatordeve86 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 07:34 PM   #4 (permalink)

Great info guys!
We picked up the wifi madden bundle.
it came with the hard game.
picked up an 8gb card and downloaded a free game via linkage with our PS3 (Jetpack something)
The system is NASTY! In a very good way.
Wifi is unreal and compatibility with the PS3 smooth.
Thanks agin.
Old 01-19-2013, 11:35 PM   #5 (permalink)

glad you guys love it i wasnt sure if i would like mine as much as i do but i love it
gatordeve86 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 03:28 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by darealstunna View Post
Great info guys!
We picked up the wifi madden bundle.
it came with the hard game.
picked up an 8gb card and downloaded a free game via linkage with our PS3 (Jetpack something)
The system is NASTY! In a very good way.
Wifi is unreal and compatibility with the PS3 smooth.
Thanks agin.
Great decision! Love me some Madden and Jetpack Joyride. 8gb should be enough to keep him going for a while aswell