Blowout Cards Forums
New Categories

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

View Poll Results: Did you get your flu shot?
Yes, already taken care of! 46 33.82%
No, but I will 3 2.21%
I never get the flu shot/not getting it this year 87 63.97%
Voters: 136. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2013, 05:56 PM   #26 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

I had the flu shot last year and it didn't prevent me from getting the flu. I just go over what everyone's going through right now about 1 month ago. So since it doesn't work and i already had the flu no use in me getting another flu shot
Collecting: Raimel Tapia, Drew Brees
Pejarox7620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 06:24 PM   #27 (permalink)
Banned

every time I get the flu shot I end up getting the flu and when I don't get it I am perfectly fine.
vc15jrich23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 07:01 PM   #28 (permalink)

Not this year. My daughter did however and she still ended up with it and thus I am now enjoying my own little bout.
Old 01-16-2013, 07:20 PM   #29 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Flu shots are for the birds!

Pun intended. I voted no, and never will.
tajikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:51 PM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNJOHNNY View Post
SORRY FOR YOUR LOSS..

But they had thimersoal which has trace amounts of mercury. Not anywhere near enough to cause any issues with the baby.

Correlation does not equal causation
Study Confirms Anecdotal Link Between Flu Vax and Miscarriage

There are thus far 6,000 cases documented of miscarriages within a 6 month period over these 2 years. All had the flu shot within 4 weeks of fetal death.

Flu Shot Given To Pregnant Women Causes Fetal Death Rate To Rise By 4,250%! | Vactruth.com

Have you any other information against this? Just because the CDC says "I told you so" means nothing.

Read the articles and certainly I hope you do not share the same experience we have. To suggest you understand the situation and the cause when its apparent that you do not is quite offensive.
cruiserdaddy7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:51 PM   #31 (permalink)

I didn't, and probably won't, but I am sick as a dog right now!
Old 01-17-2013, 12:01 AM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiserdaddy7 View Post

There are thus far 6,000 cases documented of miscarriages within a 6 month period over these 2 years. All had the flu shot within 4 weeks of fetal death.

Flu Shot Given To Pregnant Women Causes Fetal Death Rate To Rise By 4,250%! | Vactruth.com

Have you any other information against this? Just because the CDC says "I told you so" means nothing.

Read the articles and certainly I hope you do not share the same experience we have. To suggest you understand the situation and the cause when its apparent that you do not is quite offensive.
Link #1 'Anecdotal'
Link #2 VAERS is a self-reporting database (from the submission form: "Please report all significant adverse events that occur after vaccination of adults and children, even if you are not sure whether the vaccine caused the adverse event.")

Either way, of course be careful with what you decide to put into your body but I just wanted to point out you can find 100 links for and against the flu shot. Both include misinformation, unfortunately, never know what is true and what is false these days. Here is a study, I haven't checked the credentials of BMJ but do know it is a open-access peer-reviewed medical journal.
Old 01-17-2013, 12:02 AM   #33 (permalink)

I got one, but haven't had one for years. Worked good for me this year, everyone at work got the flu but me. You can still get the flu even if you get the flu shot, but it usually isn't as bad. I think alot of people think a simple cold virus is the flu, it is not. If you get H1N1 or a serious strain of the flu, you will wish you were dead, and you'll be missing more than a couple of days at work. Also, YOU CANNOT GET THE FLU FROM THE FLU SHOT, it is dead virus.
Check out my photobucket by clicking on my homepage in the drop down list under my username. Looking for any Twins cards I don't have, and Mickey Mantle refractors that I don't have. I will trade for bait, on occasion. 2011 Topps Chrome auto set completed!!
stumpfreeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:45 AM   #34 (permalink)

Worked at a clinic as an xray tech for 4 yrs. I would never get the flu shot, to many ppl said they got the flu shot and then got sick. Only time my wife ever had the flu was when she got her flu shot. Go figure
Old 01-17-2013, 04:40 AM   #35 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooosh View Post
Link #1 'Anecdotal'
Link #2 VAERS is a self-reporting database (from the submission form: "Please report all significant adverse events that occur after vaccination of adults and children, even if you are not sure whether the vaccine caused the adverse event.")

Either way, of course be careful with what you decide to put into your body but I just wanted to point out you can find 100 links for and against the flu shot. Both include misinformation, unfortunately, never know what is true and what is false these days. Here is a study, I haven't checked the credentials of BMJ but do know it is a open-access peer-reviewed medical journal.
Certainly it is all subjective. One can do simple research. The levels of Mercury in the drug were toxic to a fetus. Ever wonder why when you get the Flu Shot there is very little paperwork? The CDC prefers you do not see the warnings on miscarriages in lab testing within the first 2 trimesters of pregnant women.

Its unfortunate that many hospital workers are now forced to receive their flu shot or they are fired. Are hospital workers not allowed to choose what is injected into their body? There are now many lawsuits being started by medical workers against employers for this very reason. While Im not one for hopping onto a lawsuit I certainly can see why people are frustrated.
Old 01-17-2013, 04:46 AM   #36 (permalink)
Banned

Nope, I dont trust that stuff anymore espeacially if the government has there hands in it now. What was that shot multiple people got back east for one ailment and it ended up killing a bunch due to being contaminated with "menengitis" !!

No thanks!
Trueduckfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 05:45 AM   #37 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trueduckfan View Post
Nope, I dont trust that stuff anymore espeacially if the government has there hands in it now. What was that shot multiple people got back east for one ailment and it ended up killing a bunch due to being contaminated with "menengitis" !!

No thanks!
It is amazing how many people blindly trust the CDC in this country. They do not realize the relationships between government and pharmaceutical companies. Alot of money in those relationships folks..

MIT scientists two months ago studied CDCs own data and found 4200% more miscarriages after the H1N1 flu shot (42x) than ever reported(CDC cover up). This is consistent with another study that indicated an additional 2000 or so miscarriages above what would be expected were experienced with the same flu shot. Flu shots are not nearly as effective as the 60% we are being led to believe. See Pregancy, Flu Shots and Autism at Journal of Natural Food and Health | Raw Milk, Fluoride, Vaccines and More . . .
Old 01-17-2013, 05:59 AM   #38 (permalink)

The 20 walgreens all nearest to my location are all out of the vaccine. My parents got sick, my grandmother, and my sister as well. Me and by little brother at the last ones unaffected as of 3:55am CT 1/17/2013.

Add my dog to that unaffected list too
eBay sellers beware, I will leave you a neutral if you don't at least include a toploader when shipping a card. Feel free to block me if you don't ship with a toploader or secured card holder. That is all.
High-End Bucket: http://s1135.photobucket.com/albums/m627/AvenOZ/High-End%20and%20HTG/
CP3toOKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 08:55 AM   #39 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to fm8418

Nope and a lot of people will confuse the flu with other illnesses out there like Noro
fm8418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 09:54 AM   #40 (permalink)

Quote:
It is amazing how many people blindly trust the CDC in this country. They do not realize the relationships between government and pharmaceutical companies. Alot of money in those relationships folks..

MIT scientists two months ago studied CDCs own data and found 4200% more miscarriages after the H1N1 flu shot (42x) than ever reported(CDC cover up). This is consistent with another study that indicated an additional 2000 or so miscarriages above what would be expected were experienced with the same flu shot. Flu shots are not nearly as effective as the 60% we are being led to believe. See Pregancy, Flu Shots and Autism at Journal of Natural Food and Health | Raw Milk, Fluoride, Vaccines and More . . .
Again, I am not trying to discredit one side or the other but the links you are providing aren't of great caliber. I'll try to find the MIT studythough, it is not linked to in this "article", only says "It is yet another study that concluded a strong correlation between autism and the MMR vaccine, neurotoxic aluminum additives in vaccines and the use of acetaminophen (Tylenol and others) during pregnancy."

Now, I don't know much about scientific studies, but the way they have worded that one sentence sets off alarms in my head because that is a whole lot of work crammed into a single sentence.

What is it saying? That the combination of putting a MMR vaccine, vaccines that have neurotoxin aluminum additives, and Tylenon into your body is going to mess up brain function of a fetus at higher rate compared to not taking all that? Yeah, I would believe that but I doubt that is the full story, for example how does the timing of shots - first trimester vs. third trimester, previous family history, previous health history, dose level, play into it all? I'd like to look at the study myself.

(I have not gotten the flu shot, never have, and probably won't in the future)

Last edited by Ooosh; 01-17-2013 at 09:56 AM.
Ooosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:23 AM   #41 (permalink)

Quote:

MMS: Error
The New England journal of medicine and NIH say you're wrong. Keep making those tin foil hats though...
PAYING VERY HANDSOMELY FOR THE "O" IN THE 2009 DREW BLEDSOE BY THE LETTER SET. WILL PAY $25 FINDERS FEE IF YOU DIRECT ME TO ONE AND I AM ABLE TO MAKE A DEAL (eBay and COMC listings NOT APPLICABLE/REDEEMABLE)

Last edited by ssbledsoe; 01-17-2013 at 11:42 AM.
ssbledsoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:29 AM   #42 (permalink)

The problem with many people claiming to get sick from their flu shots is that they're idiots. All the people that are getting their flu shots now or during the peak flu season are getting exposed before your body has the time (4 weeks) to build the appropriate antibodies. They in turn get sick because they were exposed before the shot works. You don't become magically immune to the flu the second you recieve the shot...
Those saying the shot only protects against 1 strain are also wrong. There are 3 strains it protects against: A, B and H1N1. But hey, keep spreading misinformation and anecdotes about mercury and ineffectiveness. When you're at home missing work or school I'll be feeling fine and dandy!
PAYING VERY HANDSOMELY FOR THE "O" IN THE 2009 DREW BLEDSOE BY THE LETTER SET. WILL PAY $25 FINDERS FEE IF YOU DIRECT ME TO ONE AND I AM ABLE TO MAKE A DEAL (eBay and COMC listings NOT APPLICABLE/REDEEMABLE)
Old 01-17-2013, 12:04 PM   #43 (permalink)

I got the flu twice in one year a few years back (H1N1 and then a different strain). A lot of people get "colds" in winter and say they've had the flu. It's not remotely close to the same thing. After that, I'll never pass up the shot again.
Hugemojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:05 PM   #44 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssbledsoe View Post
The problem with many people claiming to get sick from their flu shots is that they're idiots. All the people that are getting their flu shots now or during the peak flu season are getting exposed before your body has the time (4 weeks) to build the appropriate antibodies. They in turn get sick because they were exposed before the shot works. You don't become magically immune to the flu the second you recieve the shot...
Those saying the shot only protects against 1 strain are also wrong. There are 3 strains it protects against: A, B and H1N1. But hey, keep spreading misinformation and anecdotes about mercury and ineffectiveness. When you're at home missing work or school I'll be feeling fine and dandy!
Preach it!
Hugemojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:29 PM   #45 (permalink)

Quote:
Everything you said is true. I've gotten the flu shot every year for at
least 20 years. I've never gotten the flu during that time. I'm also exposed
to the flu as much as any person. People come to see me when they are ill
and I've written for 100s of prescriptions for tamiflu. (I'm a physician).

Frankly, it would be in my financial best interest to not recommend the flu
shot. When any of my patients ask if they should get it, I tell them they
should, especially this year.
pcbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:51 PM   #46 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by coyne81486 View Post
You sir are a retart
Dude WTF, why because I got the flu?!?!?!?!?!?! You sir are an A$$Hole
Thommy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 02:01 PM   #47 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to fm8418

I dont mind the flu,puking is no problem and crapping aint either
fm8418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 02:08 PM   #48 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fm8418 View Post
I dont mind the flu,puking is no problem and crapping aint either
MasterPattie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 04:23 PM   #49 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcbuck View Post
Everything you said is true. I've gotten the flu shot every year for at
least 20 years. I've never gotten the flu during that time. I'm also exposed
to the flu as much as any person. People come to see me when they are ill
and I've written for 100s of prescriptions for tamiflu. (I'm a physician).

Frankly, it would be in my financial best interest to not recommend the flu
shot.
When any of my patients ask if they should get it, I tell them they
should, especially this year.
For you (physicians) AND the drug companies. As a pharmacist, I'll never understand is how people cry for medicines and treatments that cure and prevent disease. Yet, when given the option, people find every excuse under the sun not to get said cure or treatment. Hell, you spend more money on OTC flu treatments and being away from work than the shot costs. Oh well, you can't fix some ignorance.
Old 01-17-2013, 10:16 PM   #50 (permalink)

Quote:
For you (physicians) AND the drug companies. As a pharmacist, I'll never understand is how people cry for medicines and treatments that cure and prevent disease. Yet, when given the option, people find every excuse under the sun not to get said cure or treatment. Hell, you spend more money on OTC flu treatments and being away from work than the shot costs. Oh well, you can't fix some ignorance.
I couldn't have said it better ssbledsoe. The flu vaccine in my opinion, is very effective at preventing the flu and is recommended for everyone. A lot of people don't seem to understand that influenza is lethal and causes many deaths around the world each year. A patient doesn't have to have disease X or Y for it to be lethal either. $20 for a flu shot is one of the best investments you can make in your health.