Blowout Cards Forums
Retail Rummage

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2013, 11:34 PM   #51 (permalink)

I hope everything turns out well for you. So sorry to hear this
Old 01-19-2013, 12:27 AM   #52 (permalink)

Expenses For Connor & Family by Kristen Smith - GoFundMe

Some have asked . This is the link
"Nothing in the world seems more important"
thebrokepoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 12:37 AM   #53 (permalink)

What a great site(the funding site), I thought I was generous then noticed someone gave $1000- way to go!
coltsnsox07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 12:49 AM   #54 (permalink)

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by coltsnsox07 View Post
What a great site(the funding site), I thought I was generous then noticed someone gave $1000- way to go!
We are very lucky to receive the support we are . I am sure my wife had already thanked you via the site . If not , you will get one when she wakes up . LoL . But I will thank you also from the bottom of my heart . Thank you
Old 01-19-2013, 12:57 AM   #55 (permalink)

how was the test? is it in fact SMA?..........I lost my oldest son to it in 2009

Riddle: I do no wrong when I am called out I talk smack than run to a moderator when you hurt my feelings...who am I?
texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 01:04 AM   #56 (permalink)
Banned

Prayers man. Hang in there. Rely on god. He controls it all just do what u can to help hold him close and cherish everY moment you have. Good luck man
ryan_cards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 01:49 AM   #57 (permalink)

Prayers are out to you.
Thommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 02:10 AM   #58 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by texas View Post
how was the test? is it in fact SMA?..........I lost my oldest son to it in 2009
Very sorry to read this. I cannot imagine.
cruiserdaddy7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 02:13 AM   #59 (permalink)
Banned

my family and I are praying for him and his family as well brother....I hope everything in the end all turns out well.. Keep your head up and stay positive for him.
Trueduckfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 02:16 AM   #60 (permalink)

Just clicked the link to your donation page. Reading your story and seeing the picture really puts things in perspective for those of us with children. I made a donation and hope others here will help out as well. These bills can really add up quick. Again our prayers are with your family.
Old 01-19-2013, 02:45 AM   #61 (permalink)

Just want to tell people to be cautious with donating to this. Nothing against you thebrokepoet, but it just seems a little unusual that you just find out your baby might have SMA and you still have to wait 10 days to find out for sure and you already have a page about it and are taking donations. Again please bare with me if I am in any way wrong, but with everything that has happend lately I just wanted to caution people to be careful. I just find it odd that the day you get a POSSIBLE diagnosis you have a page up and are taking donations the same exact day. If this is for real your family is in my prayers, but it just seems like you jumped on the donation band wagon very fast for something that hasn't even been completely diagnosed yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebrokepoet View Post
Hi ... I've been a member on here for some time now . Some of you know me and some do not . My 4 month-old (today) son was rushed to the ER after gasping for a few breaths on Monday . After oxygen levels were checked at ER he was quickly transported to the Bronson Children s Hospital . Things quickly spiraled as we found out he had a collapsed left lung and air outside of his lung on the right side and near his heart No flu or viral sickness yet a infection causing phnemonia . He is on full respiration and a feeding tube and had to have an emergency operation putting a tube into his chest to drain air and fluid from around the lung . Doctors are thinking, saying everything points towards SMA type 1 . A fatal disease to 90% of infants before they are 2 Me and my wife are now waiting for the official diagnosis which will take roughly 10 days due to the fact it is genetic testing . I have a feeling we maybe in for the longest few months of our lives . Please send us your prayers and positive thoughts . Please like his Facebook page "Prayers for Connor" ... Welcome to Facebook ... Please share the page. Please . Please, pray pray pray . He needs every one he can get . Thanks for reading
Old 01-19-2013, 04:01 AM   #62 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lockdown32 View Post
Just want to tell people to be cautious with donating to this. Nothing against you thebrokepoet, but it just seems a little unusual that you just find out your baby might have SMA and you still have to wait 10 days to find out for sure and you already have a page about it and are taking donations. Again please bare with me if I am in any way wrong, but with everything that has happend lately I just wanted to caution people to be careful. I just find it odd that the day you get a POSSIBLE diagnosis you have a page up and are taking donations the same exact day. If this is for real your family is in my prayers, but it just seems like you jumped on the donation band wagon very fast for something that hasn't even been completely diagnosed yet.
The page says the child has been diagnosed with the disease as of the 17th.
Old 01-19-2013, 04:45 AM   #63 (permalink)

I find it interesting they edited it. When I first read it they said the dna test would take 10 days. Now that is no longer on the page. Seems fishy! Also seems weird why they wouldn't have people donate to a site like this.

Spinal Muscular Atrophy Fundraising Events

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiserdaddy7 View Post
The page says the child has been diagnosed with the disease as of the 17th.
Old 01-19-2013, 04:48 AM   #64 (permalink)

Quote:
I find it interesting they edited it. When I first read it they said the dna test would take 10 days. Now that is no longer on the page. Seems fishy! Also seems weird why they wouldn't have people donate to a site like this.

Spinal Muscular Atrophy Fundraising Events
They should look into Ronald McDonald house as well since they provide alot of services. Im sure we can both agree that we hope your suspicions are wrong. Im not worried about the $25 I donated as much as I would be about someone who could make up such a thing as this. Lets simply hope thats not the case.
Old 01-19-2013, 05:02 AM   #65 (permalink)

Wow... good luck with everything. That is a horrible situation.
freethrowtommy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 05:09 AM   #66 (permalink)

Poor little guy
Oilngo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 10:38 AM   #67 (permalink)

Hey lockdown . Find a tall building and jump off it . I have asked you all for nothing but prayers and positive thoughts . People asked me how to help . I don't know how clear I can be . Go #@#@#@#@ yourself

Neither, me or my wife made his prayers page . We were asked if it could be made . Neither me or wife have asked for a penny from anyone . We were told people were asking how to help . My son has not been diagnosed yet . He has a prognosis of SMA type one . Doctors say they are not really looking in any other direction . Our diagnosis is expected back this week . It is genetic testing that must sent to MAYO Clinic . Monday I brought my son in for labored breathing and a baby cough . My son is now on full life support . If you have kids hug them . If you are a jackass that knows nothing and spews hate and negativity . Then shut the hell up and go back to your basketball forum .

I am not leaving my sons side . And without the care he is currently receiving he would die . I have cried for 6 days straight . My tolerance for idiocracy is at a all time low . I am neither Manti Te'o or Lance Armstrong . Deception free . Look up the disease before you speak of it . My son deserve sooooooooooo much more than the the desease will ever allow him . It is fatal . I don't need a barbers opinion to tell me if someone is bald, and me and my wife don't need the doctor to tell us what is wrong with our son .

Last edited by thebrokepoet; 01-19-2013 at 12:57 PM.
Old 01-19-2013, 10:44 AM   #68 (permalink)

My thoughts go out to the little guy. I can't imagine how difficult this must be. Hang in there and remember we are here for you.
Old 01-19-2013, 11:16 AM   #69 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
Hey lockdown . Find a tall building and jump off it . I have asked you all for nothing but prayers and positive thoughts . People asked me how to help . I don't know how clear I can be . Go #@#@#@#@ yourself

Neither, me or my wife made his prayers page . We were asked if it could be made . Neither me or wife have asked for a penny from anyone . We were told people were asking how to help . My son had not been diagnoses yet . He has a prognosis of SMA type one . Doctors say they are not looking really on any other direction . Our diagnosis is expected back this week . It is genetic testing that must sent to MAYO Clinic . Monday I brought my son in for labored breathing and a baby cough . My son is now on full life support . If you have kids hug them . If you are a jackass that knows nothing and spews hate and negativity . Then shut the hell up and go back to your basketball forum
Don't let the bad ones get to you, brother. I've gone through the loss of a child, and don't don't wish it on my worst enemy. I will be praying for you and your family in this time of uncertainty. Keep Matthew 7:7-8 tucked in your heart and mind.
tajikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 04:02 PM   #70 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tajikey View Post
Don't let the bad ones get to you, brother. I've gone through the loss of a child, and don't don't wish it on my worst enemy. I will be praying for you and your family in this time of uncertainty. Keep Matthew 7:7-8 tucked in your heart and mind.
Yeah man focus on the positives and don't let the rest get to you... you have a lot of thoughts and prayers from the rest of us coming your way.
jeffro318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 05:34 PM   #71 (permalink)

I'm praying for your little guy to be healed. Try to stay strong!
ld8759 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 06:07 PM   #72 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Hoping for the best possible outcome!
Follow Me On Twitter @SportCardBuffet
SportCardBuffet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 06:08 PM   #73 (permalink)
Banned

I will send best wishes as I do not believe in "God". "God" would not let this happen to your son.
The Madbacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 06:21 PM   #74 (permalink)

Say what you want man. Like I said in my post if your son is sick my prayers and thoughts are with you. I just found it strange that someone who hadn't posted on this site in a month felt the need to make a post about his sick child the day he finds out his diagnosis. Then you make a post below wanting to get his facebook page viral. Really? I just saw a lot of red flags and threw it out there for people to be careful. I don't know about you, but when a complete stranger on a sportscard site post a link for donations I tend to want to make sure people are careful. Asking for peoples prayers on a sportscard site is the furthest place I would be if my son was dianosed with an deadly illness. I would be spending that time with friends and family.

Quote:
The support, love, messages, prayers, donations, likes, compassion and just overall care my son myself and my wife are receiving is almost overwhelming . I truely appreciate all the kind words and prayers . Wasn't going to post this on here but I am glad I did . Just wanted to talk to some fools I consider normal . Like and share his Facebook page "prayers for connor" ... Link ( Welcome to Facebook ) Only a couple likes away from 1000 in 48 hours ... How do I send this thing "viral" ? I want 1 million likes and 1 billion prayers

He is doing okay . Sleeping, stable and we hope to get some sleep tonight as well . We are working on getting two infections and pneumonia out of his lungs . The left lungs is much better inflated but will still not fully . Our genetic test results will hopefully be back at some point this next week . That is really when we decide our best move here . Incredibly scary . Praying

I feel like when you have a child , if necessary , you'd move heaven and earth for them . And that is exactly what I intend to do .
Old 01-19-2013, 07:21 PM   #75 (permalink)

Quote:
Say what you want man. Like I said in my post if your son is sick my prayers and thoughts are with you. I just found it strange that someone who hadn't posted on this site in a month felt the need to make a post about his sick child the day he finds out his diagnosis. Then you make a post below wanting to get his facebook page viral. Really? I just saw a lot of red flags and threw it out there for people to be careful. I don't know about you, but when a complete stranger on a sportscard site post a link for donations I tend to want to make sure people are careful. Asking for peoples prayers on a sportscard site is the furthest place I would be if my son was dianosed with an deadly illness. I would be spending that time with friends and family.
Appreciate your concern for the rest of us, but stick with your first couple sentences and call it good. No need to question the op and get them more upset. We are big boys and girls and can take care of ourselves.
jeffro318 is offline   Reply With Quote