Blowout Cards Forums
Black Friday 2014

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2013, 08:23 PM   #76 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lockdown32 View Post
Say what you want man. Like I said in my post if your son is sick my prayers and thoughts are with you. I just found it strange that someone who hadn't posted on this site in a month felt the need to make a post about his sick child the day he finds out his diagnosis. Then you make a post below wanting to get his facebook page viral. Really? I just saw a lot of red flags and threw it out there for people to be careful. I don't know about you, but when a complete stranger on a sportscard site post a link for donations I tend to want to make sure people are careful. Asking for peoples prayers on a sportscard site is the furthest place I would be if my son was dianosed with an deadly illness. I would be spending that time with friends and family.
2 things you could have done that would have been more productive:

1) Just said "sorry to hear that, good luck"

2) If that's really how you felt, what's the poing of bashing him about it in this thread?

Seems like this is something you could/should have just kept to yourself.
Ajax1723 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 09:25 PM   #77 (permalink)

Welcome to Facebook

My personal page . I am done defending myself . And when I said I am glad I posted this here ... I lied

Thank you all so much for your support love prayers and EVEN DONATIONS . Yes. You all rock minus one douchebag . However this douchebag is so upsetting me that I am considering leaving this hospital to strangle him . I am not working now . I will not be leaving his side . We have indeed received 5000 in donations . I feel better about missing work knowing mortgage gas electric gasoline and food . 1000 by one person . I do not feel bad . I feel blessed to have such strong support group

www.facebook.com/prayersforconnor

Last edited by thebrokepoet; 01-19-2013 at 09:27 PM.
thebrokepoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 10:32 PM   #78 (permalink)
Banned

I thought it was odd also. If my kid was severely sick, I wouldn't be on Blowoutcards.
The Madbacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 11:48 PM   #79 (permalink)

To the OP, why even respond angrily? Getting incited by words on a screen should be the furthest thing that elicits your emotions. Be the bigger person, especially right now for your family. Good luck to your son, hope he makes it out well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffro318 View Post
We are big boys and girls and can take care of ourselves.
Yeah, this isn't particularly true given the recent events here....
jeg2315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 12:23 AM   #80 (permalink)

im so sorry man.. hope he is going to be ok.
VikingsAllDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 12:28 AM   #81 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Madbacker View Post
I thought it was odd also. If my kid was severely sick, I wouldn't be on Blowoutcards.
Really guy. You ever been in the hospital for more than a day? If so you know you need to get our mind off things, can't just sit around all day feeling sad. This would only make the situation worse. I can understand why he's on. Again, will be thinking of you guys again OP.

Last edited by gritt81; 01-20-2013 at 12:36 AM.
gritt81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 12:30 AM   #82 (permalink)

I would rather give money and my blessings to the parents of sick child that is pulling a hoax than to be so cynical that I was paralyzed to do anything to help.

I hope than Connor had a good day.
Concentrating on my personal collection. Please drop me a PM if you have any of the following for sale: Topps Football 1956-1959; 1961-1964, 1967-1968; Philadelphia Football 1964-1967, Autographs of Baseball/Football Vintage Stars and Hall of Famers (especially on card autos), 1990's Topps Chrome Refractor Inserts of all sports.
37Jetson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 02:45 AM   #83 (permalink)

Quote:
Now we are going to judge people based on the things they do once they receive bad news? Should we tell others how to mourn?

Maybe the OP needs to get his mind away from reality for just a moment. Is there something wrong with reading up on his hobby while doing so? Maybe his son is having a test that takes some time so he checks his phone? There are so many possibilities and I for one cant imagine the things I would do if I had gotten the news the OP has. Those of us that have children and have lost children Im sure can understand this.

OP- I support you completely and again wish you guys the best. If you start another donation page I will donate yet again to help your cause. I will continue to think about and pray for your family.
cruiserdaddy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 02:57 AM   #84 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeg2315 View Post
To the OP, why even respond angrily? Getting incited by words on a screen should be the furthest thing that elicits your emotions. Be the bigger person, especially right now for your family. Good luck to your son, hope he makes it out well.
Hey Blowoutcards... Lets Get REAL Deep

As I compose myself I shall respond as such ... I am at wits end .

My wife is losing it . I am losing it . I brought my son to the hospital on Monday for a cough . Seven days later in the ICU (Intensive Care Unit) with a 17 week old baby that celebrated his 4 month birthday in a hospital bed . We were recently given the news that my son may indeed have SMA even though me and my wife have been marching him around from doctor to doctor trying to explain and to help us because we already new . It is deadly . Type 1 infants face a life expectancy of 24 months . Two years old . No , my son does not have his official diagnosis . We are pending DNA results which were sent to the World Famous MAYO clinic for testing . But doctors tell us they are really not looking in any other direction . Me and my wife are devistated .

So here I sit pacing the babys room with my wife trying to build a army of prayers on facebook . Yes even send it "viral" . Prayers and support poured in for her . Soon people started asking about setting him up a page and a fund . We agreed . Love and support poured in . So me thinking .. maybe I will mention it on a message board I have been a part of since 2009 .

I have a smart phone and alot of time . I have a son that needs my help . I have a son that needs me . My son is in critical condition and if anyone wants to say anything negative to me then #@#@#@#@ them . I will do anything to get him the help he needs . That is why I respond negatively . Thank you and have a great night .

PS 1500 likes in 72 hours . like share pray . positive thoughts only . https://www.facebook.com/PrayersForConnor

PSS I accidently threatened to hunt down lockdown32 via private message if he continues his negativity directed towards me at this moment in my life . For that I appoligize

PSSS maybe blowoutcards was not the best forum to share this on but I did use the "off topic" forum

Last edited by thebrokepoet; 01-20-2013 at 03:04 AM.
Old 01-20-2013, 03:12 AM   #85 (permalink)

Focus on the many positive posts from those who wish you well as well as those that share your belief in god. Ignore the posts of those that judge and attack you. Dont waste your energy on them. Have a good evening.
Old 01-20-2013, 03:18 AM   #86 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebrokepoet View Post

I'm not trying to bash you or anything. Just saying that getting involved or engaged in heated discussion on an online forum would do no good. I've been through similar health situations with younger relatives and even a younger sibling - it's just not worth even responding to the doubts to exacerbate the stress. (I should've worded my previous post better, I apologize if I was abrasive.)

Keep the fight up man
jeg2315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 03:30 AM   #87 (permalink)

Hey man hang in there. I can't imagine what you're going through right now. Best wishes to you, your wife, and your child. I hope you all make it through this ordeal.
AKHMERICA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 12:07 PM   #88 (permalink)
Banned

I couldn't even imagine... Stay strong, man. Hope the kid stays strong, too.
sunsfan8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 01:21 PM   #89 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gritt81 View Post
Really guy. You ever been in the hospital for more than a day? If so you know you need to get our mind off things, can't just sit around all day feeling sad. This would only make the situation worse. I can understand why he's on. Again, will be thinking of you guys again OP.
Yeah, really. We see garbage everyday. People trying to cash in on the 9/11 Victim's fund or the Sandy Hill Shooting. A user who doesn't post a lot, suddenly comes on here, makes this thread and then produces a link for donations. That is suspect in my book and I am entitled to see it that way.

I believe that his son is sick. What I'm saying is that I probably wouldn't be a on card forum at this time. If anything, I would be on forums that deal with whatever ailment is suspected, trying to find answers and preparing for the one of a myriad of outcomes that are to come. Threatening people ON THE INTERNET or getting angry makes no sense and he shouldn't care enough to respond.

That's what I'm saying.
The Madbacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 01:39 PM   #90 (permalink)

Quote:
Yeah, really. We see garbage everyday. People trying to cash in on the 9/11 Victim's fund or the Sandy Hill Shooting. A user who doesn't post a lot, suddenly comes on here, makes this thread and then produces a link for donations. That is suspect in my book and I am entitled to see it that way.

I believe that his son is sick. What I'm saying is that I probably wouldn't be a on card forum at this time. If anything, I would be on forums that deal with whatever ailment is suspected, trying to find answers and preparing for the one of a myriad of outcomes that are to come. Threatening people ON THE INTERNET or getting angry makes no sense and he shouldn't care enough to respond.

That's what I'm saying.
Unfortunately, the first paragraph here is true of society, some people are willing to take advantage of horrific situations for financial gain, which is shocking. Some people just see it as a quick buck, pulling on people's heartstrings is an easy way to loosen their wallet, proven by beggars on the streets. It really makes me sad that someone in as hard a situation that the OP is in becomes suspected of this scamming while going through what is probably the worst scenario he has ever been in. My thoughts are with you, your wife and your son. Don't let people get to you, I hope Connor has had as great a day as he can have at this time.
Old 01-20-2013, 01:50 PM   #91 (permalink)

Stay strong for your wife and your son. Take your strength from all of the prayers and well wishes that you are receiving from every direction.

Quote:

My wife is losing it . I am losing it . I brought my son to the hospital on Monday for a cough . Seven days later in the ICU (Intensive Care Unit) with a 17 week old baby that celebrated his 4 month birthday in a hospital bed . We were recently given the news that my son may indeed have SMA even though me and my wife have been marching him around from doctor to doctor trying to explain and to help us because we already new . It is deadly . Type 1 infants face a life expectancy of 24 months . Two years old . No , my son does not have his official diagnosis . We are pending DNA results which were sent to the World Famous MAYO clinic for testing . But doctors tell us they are really not looking in any other direction . Me and my wife are devistated .

So here I sit pacing the babys room with my wife trying to build a army of prayers on facebook . Yes even send it "viral" . Prayers and support poured in for her . Soon people started asking about setting him up a page and a fund . We agreed . Love and support poured in . So me thinking .. maybe I will mention it on a message board I have been a part of since 2009 .

I have a smart phone and alot of time . I have a son that needs my help . I have a son that needs me . My son is in critical condition and if anyone wants to say anything negative to me then #@#@#@#@ them . I will do anything to get him the help he needs . That is why I respond negatively . Thank you and have a great night .

PS 1500 likes in 72 hours . like share pray . positive thoughts only . https://www.facebook.com/PrayersForConnor

PSS I accidently threatened to hunt down lockdown32 via private message if he continues his negativity directed towards me at this moment in my life . For that I appoligize

PSSS maybe blowoutcards was not the best forum to share this on but I did use the "off topic" forum
Concentrating on my personal collection. Please drop me a PM if you have any of the following for sale: Topps Football 1956-1959; 1961-1964, 1967-1968; Philadelphia Football 1964-1967, Autographs of Baseball/Football Vintage Stars and Hall of Famers (especially on card autos), 1990's Topps Chrome Refractor Inserts of all sports.

Last edited by 37Jetson; 01-20-2013 at 05:37 PM.
Old 01-21-2013, 02:17 AM   #92 (permalink)

Quote:
I will send best wishes as I do not believe in "God". "God" would not let this happen to your son.
Every post you've ever made makes complete sense now. Thank you.
pejc300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:59 AM   #93 (permalink)

Still fighting the infection in his lungs . Still ICU . Still here . Still hoping and praying . Still losing my mind . Sounds like this is how my story plays out . Diagnosis back negative . We are transfered to University of Michigan . Diagnosis is positive . We are transfer to University of Wisconsin . Either way he needs to beat the lung infection and phnemonia and get strong for us first .

I guess I share with you guys because I am looking for answers anywhere . Not medical answers . Why my son answers ? Why SMA answers ? I have talked to SMA groups . I have talked to doctors surgeons neurologists nurses . I have talked to my family . My wife . I have screamed and yelled and talked to anyone who would listen and I still question every step I take .

Need a day off . Stress is off the charts . Perhaps I do my first ever "sketch" card today . Please . Positive thoughts and prayers for my son . Like and share his prayers page on facebook . Spinal muscular atrophy (sma) is horrible . I can only continue to ask for prayers it is something else . Something with a cure . Something with a future .

Me and Wifey are taking today with no phones no internet no guests . A us day . Perhaps I check in tomorrow

Old 01-21-2013, 11:10 AM   #94 (permalink)

Quote:
Still fighting the infection in his lungs . Still ICU . Still here . Still hoping and praying . Still losing my mind . Sounds like this is how my story plays out . Diagnosis back negative . We are transfered to University of Michigan . Diagnosis is positive . We are transfer to University of Wisconsin . Either way he needs to beat the lung infection and phnemonia and get strong for us first .

I guess I share with you guys because I am looking for answers anywhere . Not medical answers . Why my son answers ? Why SMA answers ? I have talked to SMA groups . I have talked to doctors surgeons neurologists nurses . I have talked to my family . My wife . I have screamed and yelled and talked to anyone who would listen and I still question every step I take .

Need a day off . Stress is off the charts . Perhaps I do my first ever "sketch" card today . Please . Positive thoughts and prayers for my son . Like and share his prayers page on facebook . Spinal muscular atrophy (sma) is horrible . I can only continue to ask for prayers it is something else . Something with a cure . Something with a future .

Me and Wifey are taking today with no phones no internet no guests . A us day . Perhaps I check in tomorrow
Stay strong. I am sending lots of positive thoughts your way.

Frankly, it doesn't matter what others say. You know your intentions. People are often looking for the negative in situations. I understand your need to reach out and look for support from your community. Please know a lot of us here are sending well wishes your way.
Old 01-21-2013, 11:24 AM   #95 (permalink)

Quote:

Great decision to have a day for you and your wife, hope you have a positive day
Old 01-21-2013, 11:50 AM   #96 (permalink)

Quote:

That's what I'm saying.
And your intitled to that opinion. I on the other hand will believe as 37Jetson siad, "I would rather give money and my blessings to the parents of sick child that is pulling a hoax than to be so cynical that I was paralyzed to do anything to help." Honest to God, this is the most sensible post I have every read on these forums, and it sums up how I believe 90% of the ppl on these forums feels. I can't imagen the pain OP is feeling. My son was born just 2 wks after his, so this hits real close to home for me. When I look at my son and just think that I might lose him, the pain I feel JUST THINKING THIS is the most pain I have even felt in my life. I can't imagen actually going through this myself. And you dont think the OP has not probably been to every possible site that has info on his son possible disease. I know I would have, and to read the outcome eveytime as a high death rate on every site.
When my son was born my wife lost a lot of blood and almosted dies. I was in the hospital with her for 10 days, and I can tell you that I was on BO a few times just to get my mind off what was going on.
Old 01-21-2013, 01:47 PM   #97 (permalink)
Banned

wow some really bad posts in this thread
CrisCarter80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 08:43 PM   #98 (permalink)

Continued prayers for Connor and your family. The internet can be a great resource for you to meet other families with the same health challenge and I know I found out through my daughter that was very comforting.

I am at a loss for words on how to be more comforting so I will just continue to pray.

Quote:

Old 01-22-2013, 05:19 AM   #99 (permalink)

Still thinking of your family and praying for all of you. Spend every minute with your family and enjoy what is in front of you. None of us know what tomorrow will bring. We wish you the best.

Quote:

Old 01-22-2013, 08:23 AM   #100 (permalink)
Banned

I am sorry you are having to go through this hell. I am sitting here crying my eyes out right now even thinking of either of my 2 little girls going through anything, let alone what you baby is going through. You are experiencing the worst fear of any parent. Seeing your baby hurt/inpain/sick and there is absolutely nothing you can do about it.

My thoughts are prayers will be with your baby and your family.

Stay strong
JOHNJOHNNY is offline   Reply With Quote