Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2013, 11:31 PM   #151 (permalink)

My first son was born nov 16th. I could not imagine what your going through right now! Prayers with you my friend!

Mr. Irrelevant: The choice of Aaron Hernandez with the 180th pick gave ImNOTDanShakespeare the worst pick of the last round in terms of projected points.
DanShakespeare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:44 AM   #152 (permalink)

Rough night . Full left lung recolapse . "stats" feel but hes still stable . Doing okay . But have not slept in like 72 hours for more then 2 hours . Nurses are asking me to go to the ER downstairs and get checked out ... Perhaps some xanax or sleep meds . I do not want to be impared by drugs for any decision I would make or have to make . I just need sleep and I cant sleep and I do pass out for 30 min and manage to have a horrible dream . .. Another note Thanks True for the gift .. Awesome excited for the Magic as well . Some thing to get my mind away for a second at least Lots of others to thank as well and I will . Just not on a type a ton mood
"Nothing in the world seems more important"
thebrokepoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 05:58 PM   #153 (permalink)

Sorry to read of the rough night. Stay strong and many of us are praying for your family.
cruiserdaddy7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:33 PM   #154 (permalink)

Sorry to hear about the tough night --- very sorry. Still here with you man, stay strong and try to steal some sleep if you can. Thinking of you guys....
Old 01-30-2013, 02:38 PM   #155 (permalink)

best of luck to you. Lets hope your son is part of the 10% that make it through this thing safely
ToppsCollector1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 03:01 PM   #156 (permalink)

Best wishes to your family, keep your spirits up. Your son is fighting, and you keep fighting with him!!
thebear29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 03:15 PM   #157 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebear29 View Post
Best wishes to your family, keep your spirits up. Your son is fighting, and you keep fighting with him!!
Yes it sounds like this little guy is battling with all he's got. My thoughts and prayers will continue for however long it takes, Stay strong!
ld8759 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 05:42 PM   #158 (permalink)

Sorry about your troubles man. IMO, that 10% success rate is reserved for your son. If you are a man of faith, lean on it. I'm looking at my 2 year old right now, and could not even begin to fathom the pain you guys are in. My best wishes to your family, and don't ever forget that most people here are great people, and would offer that extra support you may need.

Best wishes man

"Would you like to touch my monkey? Touch him! Touch my monkey!"
chipmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 05:49 PM   #159 (permalink)

Continued thoughts for you and your family.

I have been following everything on Facebook....
Old 01-30-2013, 07:08 PM   #160 (permalink)

So .. the top part of his left lung reopened from last night to today . They did some deep lung suctioning thing on him today and pulled up this giant bloody loogey looking thing . So hopes are with that out of there , perhaps that was causing some of the blockage that caused the recolapse . He is very weak so they have him on a cough assist machine every 3 hours .

Great news is while they were cleaning and redoing everything today we got to hold him for about 15 minutes with no tubes hoses bells or whistles ( well on his face that is ) .... Incredible , great to recharge all our batteries . Hope to return some of the many private messages tonight , sorry about not doing that . Going to grab some food while all is calm ... DAY 16 ( 17? ) in the ICU ... blahhhhhhh
Old 01-30-2013, 07:14 PM   #161 (permalink)

Keep on keepin on brother. I have a great feeling your son will pull through this; seriously. Keep the faith.

"Would you like to touch my monkey? Touch him! Touch my monkey!"
chipmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:17 PM   #162 (permalink)

Great news that got that loogey thing outta there. We are continuing to pray and believe in his healing. Go Connor!

Kevin
Old 01-30-2013, 08:18 PM   #163 (permalink)

Glad to hear the good news! Stay strong.
Old 01-30-2013, 08:46 PM   #164 (permalink)

Just read the Facebook updates. Damn,he is adorable! Although I am not a Mom, I can completely understand your anguish. Wish I could hold him for a minute! Anyway,I'll keep the prayers coming. Hang in,guys!
Old 01-30-2013, 10:23 PM   #165 (permalink)

Again, hoping for the best and thanks for the updates. Hope you can get a little rest now.
Old 01-30-2013, 10:46 PM   #166 (permalink)

That is awesome that you got to hold your son today!!! Still praying with purpose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebrokepoet View Post
So .. the top part of his left lung reopened from last night to today . They did some deep lung suctioning thing on him today and pulled up this giant bloody loogey looking thing . So hopes are with that out of there , perhaps that was causing some of the blockage that caused the recolapse . He is very weak so they have him on a cough assist machine every 3 hours .

Great news is while they were cleaning and redoing everything today we got to hold him for about 15 minutes with no tubes hoses bells or whistles ( well on his face that is ) .... Incredible , great to recharge all our batteries . Hope to return some of the many private messages tonight , sorry about not doing that . Going to grab some food while all is calm ... DAY 16 ( 17? ) in the ICU ... blahhhhhhh
Concentrating on my personal collection. Please drop me a PM if you have any of the following for sale: Topps Football 1956-1968; Philadelphia Football 1964-1967, Autographs of Baseball/Football Vintage Stars and Hall of Famers (especially on card autos), 1990's Topps Chrome Refractor Inserts of all sports.
37Jetson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:46 AM   #167 (permalink)

That....is the best thing I've heard in a long time. I hope (and know) you cherished those minutes. I'm very happy you had that opportunity, but hope even more so that there will be many others. Thoughts remain with you and the family....

Quote:

Old 01-31-2013, 10:37 AM   #168 (permalink)

So I closed my eyes in the most awkward position at about 12:30 and woke up 10 hours later and hadn't budged, blinked, or remotely woke up . I dont even remember dreaming . But I do feel like a million bucks now .... See crazy doctors and nurses, I told you mother nature would step in eventually . Just didn't realize it would take 17 days . Hopes for a great day .
Old 01-31-2013, 10:58 AM   #169 (permalink)

Sounds like some good news as of late.. I can't wait. To hear even better. So what hospital are you at now? Keep fighting connor, thoughts and prayers.
jeffro318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 03:23 PM   #170 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffro318 View Post
Sounds like some good news as of late.. I can't wait. To hear even better. So what hospital are you at now? Keep fighting connor, thoughts and prayers.
Day 18 @ Bronson's Childrens Hospital in Kalamazoo, MI intensive care unit . Just glad he has been so stable the last two days . Sometimes no news is good news
Old 01-31-2013, 03:27 PM   #171 (permalink)

Couldn't agree more - that's the truth right there...

Quote:
Day 18 @ Bronson's Childrens Hospital in Kalamazoo, MI intensive care unit . Just glad he has been so stable the last two days . Sometimes no news is good news
Old 02-01-2013, 01:33 PM   #172 (permalink)

Two steps forward ... One step back again . Laid down feeling uneasy and woke up with a partial collapse again . He does good for a couple days at a time, then his stats drop and lungs have issues . Yesterday they said expect around 10 more days here ... If everything remains calm . Not to calm in here today SuperBowl Sickness Party ? LoL . Who cares when we leave, just get us out of here in the best shape possible

Last edited by thebrokepoet; 02-01-2013 at 01:37 PM.
Old 02-01-2013, 01:36 PM   #173 (permalink)

Ok, well, fingers are still crossed and still hoping for the best. Just stay strong and we will be thinking about you guys, for sure. C'mon Connor, you can do it man!
Old 02-01-2013, 01:47 PM   #174 (permalink)

Lots of folks praying for you and your family....hang in there
Bottom9th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 02:04 PM   #175 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bottom9th View Post
Lots of folks praying for you and your family....hang in there
This...when I have a little moment in my day of being po'd at something,I think of you guys and what that poor little baby is going through. Makes my stuff seem pretty small. Hang in! Thoughts and prayers daily!