Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2013, 01:47 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Any fans of "The Office"?

Its the final season of The Office and i've always loved the show. Kind of sad to see it ending, but its time for it to go. I think its been a pretty good season so far, and i cant wait to see how everything is tied together and ended. Also it was announced that a regular to the show will be fired in the 15th episode of the season, any ideas who it could be?
Wings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 03:28 AM   #2 (permalink)

Supposedly Dwight is supposed to get his own spin-off. Don't know if he is the one fired though.
Old 01-18-2013, 03:56 AM   #3 (permalink)

I'm assuming Andy has got to be the one to get fired since he just disappeared and all, can't imagine corporate being happy with him when he gets back.

It's almost a shame it's the last season as I really felt this season has been a big comeback for them now that they've gotten rid of most of the secondary characters they brought in to try and replace Carell. I feel like almost every episode this season has been better than the one before it, I'm assuming it's like the writers and actors want to go back out on top and have been giving it a little bit extra effort or something.

I did think it was weird how Pam seemed shocked that they're expecting Jim to be out there full time at some point, was kinda obvious that it would have to end up there unless she expected this to fail, hahaha
zonacats8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 07:48 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by patricksb4 View Post
Supposedly Dwight is supposed to get his own spin-off. Don't know if he is the one fired though.
He was suppose to but it was shot Down already
armyatc22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 11:40 AM   #5 (permalink)

Just hasn't been the same since Steve Carell left, and even then the writing was already dwindling a bit.

Just look at the ratings (starting with Steve's final season): 8.40, 7.64, 4.28
Old 01-18-2013, 11:52 AM   #6 (permalink)

Old 01-18-2013, 11:57 AM   #7 (permalink)

What about the Scranton strangler? I'm assuming it's not a regular so they don't ruin the image of any of them from the fan's viewpoint, and it certainly can't be Dwight with the planned spinoff. Maybe Pam's ex?
Old 01-18-2013, 12:06 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbignick View Post
What about the Scranton strangler? I'm assuming it's not a regular so they don't ruin the image of any of them from the fan's viewpoint, and it certainly can't be Dwight with the planned spinoff. Maybe Pam's ex?
I could see it being Creed
Old 01-18-2013, 12:09 PM   #9 (permalink)

What happened in the first half of the episode last night? Missed it with the Gophers game and the DVR already having another recording.
Jeremiah 29:11: “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
mnvikingstwins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 12:25 PM   #10 (permalink)

I will be honest and say that I have enjoyed The Office just about as much since "Michael Scott" left as I did when he was their. I have been really impressed with how well Andy and Dwight have taken over the focus on the show. Michael was awesome, don't get me wrong, he basically defined the show, but I've still enjoyed it.

What I haven't enjoyed has been the parts involving Spader or that annoying firecrotch biyatch. I HATE ever scene with either of them, I find them so annoying and irrelevant to the show. That was a bad idea on NBC's part.

I will be sad to see this show go - it has been my favorite for years - but much like Seinfeld (another favorite) there will always been DVD box sets and endless reruns for years and years to keep me happy!
Old 01-18-2013, 12:27 PM   #11 (permalink)

i hate andy bernard...his role was perfect when he was the annoying guy who had nicknames for people
rmiller1k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 12:33 PM   #12 (permalink)

Tuuuuuna!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmiller1k View Post
i hate andy bernard...his role was perfect when he was the annoying guy who had nicknames for people
Old 01-18-2013, 12:36 PM   #13 (permalink)

T-Money...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueNE_09 View Post
Tuuuuuna!!
Old 01-18-2013, 12:47 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Based on some director/producer commentaries from earlier seasons, I think they came to the conclusion that version of Andy was TOO annoying.

Plus it kinda made sense for him to take over for Michael because if you go back to when he first came to Scranton he (in a cocky manner) talked to the documentary crew about how he would be the future regional manager.
Old 01-18-2013, 12:55 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zacky1053 View Post
Based on some director/producer commentaries from earlier seasons, I think they came to the conclusion that version of Andy was TOO annoying.

Plus it kinda made sense for him to take over for Michael because if you go back to when he first came to Scranton he (in a cocky manner) talked to the documentary crew about how he would be the future regional manager.
i agree he was too annoying but he had a small part...he's just as annoying with a bigger part now! lol
i guess i just miss the dry dumb humor michael gave us
rmiller1k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 01:24 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
i agree he was too annoying but he had a small part...he's just as annoying with a bigger part now! lol
i guess i just miss the dry dumb humor michael gave us
I will say this. I prefer Andy's "annoying" characteristics over Dwight's anyday. Andy can really make you laugh while I just never really liked Dwight.

Still can't figure out how Dwight would've been the one with the spinoff.
Old 01-18-2013, 02:14 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
The rumor has long been that it will end up being Gabe as apparently the Scranton Strangler first "showed up" just after Gabe joined the show combined with his love of horror and how he flipped out when Andy first started daring Erin
zonacats8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 02:45 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonacats8 View Post
The rumor has long been that it will end up being Gabe as apparently the Scranton Strangler first "showed up" just after Gabe joined the show combined with his love of horror and how he flipped out when Andy first started daring Erin
OMG if they announce Gabe as the strangler ill never stop laughing!
Old 01-18-2013, 02:51 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueNE_09 View Post
I will be honest and say that I have enjoyed The Office just about as much since "Michael Scott" left as I did when he was their. I have been really impressed with how well Andy and Dwight have taken over the focus on the show. Michael was awesome, don't get me wrong, he basically defined the show, but I've still enjoyed it.

What I haven't enjoyed has been the parts involving Spader or that annoying firecrotch biyatch. I HATE ever scene with either of them, I find them so annoying and irrelevant to the show. That was a bad idea on NBC's part.

I will be sad to see this show go - it has been my favorite for years - but much like Seinfeld (another favorite) there will always been DVD box sets and endless reruns for years and years to keep me happy!
I agree with this, and its sad to see it go just because this show was always with me thru my college and high school years. Kind of fitting that i graduate from college this summer as the show also comes to an end
Old 01-18-2013, 04:47 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wings View Post
OMG if they announce Gabe as the strangler ill never stop laughing!
I hope they announce Nick, the old IT guy, as the Scranton Strangler, then cut to a shot of Michael saying "I knew it!"
Old 01-18-2013, 06:57 PM   #21 (permalink)

The SS can't be anyone in the office because Toby would not be able to keep it a secret...
Old 01-18-2013, 07:19 PM   #22 (permalink)

I thought The Office ended with the last episode of Season 5. Have they been making episodes since then?

I didn't think so ...

calculusdork is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 09:45 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonNut View Post
The SS can't be anyone in the office because Toby would not be able to keep it a secret...
Toby said in a recent episode that an innocent man was falsely accused and that the wrong man is still in prison.
Old 01-18-2013, 11:06 PM   #24 (permalink)

Jim and Pam's characters have become so useless that they need to be victims of the Scranton Strangler.

Quote:
Concentrating on my personal collection. Please drop me a PM if you have any of the following for sale: Topps Football 1956-1968; Philadelphia Football 1964-1967, Autographs of Baseball/Football Vintage Stars and Hall of Famers (especially on card autos), 1990's Topps Chrome Refractor Inserts of all sports.
37Jetson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 11:08 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 37Jetson View Post
Jim and Pam's characters have become so useless that they need to be victims of the Scranton Strangler.
They've just become your typical boring couple since they got married and had two kids.

It was fun seeing them fool around before they "settled down"