Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2013, 12:18 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by allabtsprt View Post
I eat what tastes good. I believe God made things with a good taste so we would know to eat them and he made things that taste bad as a warning sign to stay away from them. Common sense. Also, I CAN'T STAND the idiots that count carbs, calories, etc. and preach about how eating healthy will add 5 years to your life. That would be a great idea if it added the 5 years when I was 20 or 30, but the way I look at it, I just don't see it as a big deal if I live to be 90 instead of 85. I'll be old and senile either way.
So you decidedly ignore the significant impact on the quality of life for the other years? I'd say maybe others can't stand that people eat like crap and don't count calories, because you drive up the cost of health care with your shitty lifestyle.
btimm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 12:32 PM   #27 (permalink)

Then we have people like the one above who turn something into nothing. Who cares if he chooses to eat what he wants verses counting calories, etc. I say enjoy what you love and do what makes you happy. You should try the Bacon Explosion...it is bacon on top of sausage...on top of more bacon smothered in BBQ sauce. True Bacon Lovers will appreciate this!
babyfaceposey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 12:32 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by btimm View Post
So you decidedly ignore the significant impact on the quality of life for the other years? I'd say maybe others can't stand that people eat like crap and don't count calories, because you drive up the cost of health care with your shitty lifestyle.
And it has begun.............. Next in this thread is healthcare debate, followed swiftly by polictical debate, hammered home with gun control issues, followed by the end of America, then Armageddon follow by more cussing....religion and then finally locked thread. So IN BEFORE THE LOCK
Old 01-21-2013, 12:38 PM   #29 (permalink)
XL5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metsfan1121 View Post
I've wondered whose idea it was to pull on those things that hang from the cow and drink the white stuff that comes out.
It's funny because it's it took a genetic mutation to allow people to drink milk at all. The first people who tried it probably did get sick and didn't bother trying again.

Quote:
Evolution of lactose tolerance: Why do humans keep drinking milk? - Slate Magazine

Two hundred thousand years later, around 10,000 B.C., this began to change. A genetic mutation appeared, somewhere near modern-day Turkey, that jammed the lactase-production gene permanently in the “on” position. The original mutant was probably a male who passed the gene on to his children. People carrying the mutation could drink milk their entire lives. Genomic analyses have shown that within a few thousand years, at a rate that evolutionary biologists had thought impossibly rapid, this mutation spread throughout Eurasia, to Great Britain, Scandinavia, the Mediterranean, India and all points in between, stopping only at the Himalayas. Independently, other mutations for lactose tolerance arose in Africa and the Middle East, though not in the Americas, Australia, or the Far East.
And so people who had the mutation did better than those who didn't and it exploded. People today who are "lactose intolerant" just lack the mutation.
Old 01-21-2013, 12:41 PM   #30 (permalink)

LOL...not sure why everyone thinks I am a food Nazi. It's pretty comical to me.

Here are a few guidelines:

-No fast food

-Farm fresh produce and meat

-As little processed crap as possible

It baffles me why I can't have opinions on food so I'll just try to keep my trap shut from now on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vatechhokiefan View Post
I have wondered what you do eat though. Anytime there is a food thread your posts suggest a very strict diet.
Old 01-21-2013, 01:12 PM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonNut View Post

-No fast food

It baffles me why I can't have opinions on food so I'll just try to keep my trap shut from now on.
My mom eats like that, too. She thinks I got cancer from eating too many processed foods growing up and blames herself. Please keep sharing your opinion. I like to read it.
Old 01-21-2013, 01:17 PM   #32 (permalink)
Banned

grant likes man meat.
migraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 01:24 PM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by btimm View Post
Knowing these boards, I guess I should have clarified myself. I never said I ate BAD food. I eat decent food, I just don't worry about knocking the 5 years I will add to my life by counting carbs, etc. and then turn around and lose the 5 years because I stressed myself to death from all the worrying I did.
allabtsprt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 01:37 PM   #34 (permalink)

I actually changed my diet recently.

After my wife had our daughter, she couldn't drop the weight - she actually gained some. So last year, she started to juice and cut out all the processed food. She lost 70lbs in 8 months and is full of energy.

I started juicing right after the Christmas I started to juice (I wanted to enjoy some last minute good cooking). I'm down about 12lbs right now and feel pretty good. I'm staying away from the processed and try to stick to just nuts and dried fruits as a snack.

However, I do miss burgers, pizza and chicken wings pretty bad. Maybe once I'm down 25lbs, and I can have those things here and there. Just not like I use too. I'm on enough meds and I don't want to be 40 and taking more for something I could have had a chance of preventing.
Peanuts 1 (1953)
Peanuts: 1-4 (1963-64)
Zerokruel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 01:39 PM   #35 (permalink)

Quote:

-No fast food

I don't think you're a food nazi at all. I've just seen several posts that made me wonder how you do eat. For instance, the no fast food is pretty hard to stick to I imagine.

My wife buys too much junk food and after both of us working 50-60 + hours a week, cooking with farm fresh produce and meat is a pain. Heck, I even work in the restaurant industry and don't have time to eat sensibly in my opinion. Like Josie said please keep sharing your opinion.
Old 01-21-2013, 01:54 PM   #36 (permalink)

It's pretty easy when the nearest fast food joint is 30 mins. away.

Ah, the joys of living in VT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vatechhokiefan View Post
I don't think you're a food nazi at all. I've just seen several posts that made me wonder how you do eat. For instance, the no fast food is pretty hard to stick to I imagine.

My wife buys too much junk food and after both of us working 50-60 + hours a week, cooking with farm fresh produce and meat is a pain. Heck, I even work in the restaurant industry and don't have time to eat sensibly in my opinion. Like Josie said please keep sharing your opinion.
Old 01-21-2013, 02:07 PM   #37 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to deboesports

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffmagley View Post
I'm currently enjoying some bacon and just wondered if the pig I'm eating was nice and had plans other than becoming delicious bacon.
if i was a pig i would pray to become bacon as long as it kept me from becoming a McRib!
Old 01-21-2013, 02:48 PM   #38 (permalink)

Quote:
It's pretty easy when the nearest fast food joint is 30 mins. away.

Ah, the joys of living in VT!
I remember you saying you lived in rural VT after a hurricane that came up the coast 2 or 3 years ago and wondered if that was a factor. Even though I live in a rural area, I am off a major interstate corridor which means restaurants are plentiful.
Old 01-21-2013, 02:54 PM   #39 (permalink)

I eat whatever the hell I want to eat last night (or this morning, whichever you prefer) I went to mcdonalds drive through at 3am (right when they start serving breakfast at 24 hr locations) and got 2 gravy and bisquits and 2 bacon egg cheese mcgriddles.
rip+flip is offline   Reply With Quote