Blowout Cards Forums
Draft Kings

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2013, 08:36 PM   #1 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Blowout Forums
Posts: 2,147
Send a message via AIM to sblez
Default What is the best LED TV money can buy?

I am looking for a new LED TV and a new surround sound system. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!
__________________
Sblez aka Scott
Knicks are back!
Always LOOKing for ELI Manning Autos
PM ME ABOUT ANDREW LUCK CARDS!!!
sblez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 08:43 PM   #2 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 12,477
Default

Sony Hbx 929

or

Samsung 9000 series
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 09:26 PM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
CP3toOKC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: OK
Posts: 4,004
Default

Sharp aquos
__________________
eBay sellers beware, I will leave you a neutral if you don't at least include a toploader when shipping a card. Feel free to block me if you don't ship with a toploader or secured card holder. That is all.
High-End Bucket: http://s1135.photobucket.com/albums/m627/AvenOZ/High-End%20and%20HTG/
CP3toOKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 09:46 PM   #4 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host
 
tajikey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Visalia, CA
Posts: 13,247
Default

How much money and what size we talkin' 'bout? NEVER NEVER NEVER buy Sony, regardless of what J recommends...g-a-r-b-a-g-e.
tajikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 09:47 PM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
PDawson21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: In A House
Posts: 5,520
Default

Samsung. Own a 60 and 2 40's.
__________________
Romans 1:16 #unashamed
PC: Brandon Marshall
Combined Feedbacks on Ebay+SCF=300+=100%(All Positive)
PDawson21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 09:50 PM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
thewild3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 3,606
Default

LG ............................
__________________
If you got time to sell cards, then make time to ship them out in a timely manner!!!!!!
thewild3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:00 PM   #7 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 12,477
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tajikey View Post
How much money and what size we talkin' 'bout? NEVER NEVER NEVER buy Sony, regardless of what J recommends...g-a-r-b-a-g-e.
I own a Sony Bravia HX 929 in my tv room. Tell me whats wrong with this tv?


And honestly this is starting to get pretty tiresome on the boards... if money is an issue, then you shouldnt be buying a TV at all. Thats my advice.
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:04 PM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Montana
Posts: 767
Default

Vizio is pretty good. I have the 47" led smart tv.
__________________
http://s767.beta.photobucket.com/user/Artiodactyla/library/
Artiodactyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:48 PM   #9 (permalink)
Member
 
John91C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Washington State
Posts: 4,428
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
I own a Sony Bravia HX 929 in my tv room. Tell me whats wrong with this tv?


And honestly this is starting to get pretty tiresome on the boards... if money is an issue, then you shouldnt be buying a TV at all. Thats my advice.
SONY HX929 FTW It's a true back-lit LED TV not side-lit like the samsung and others.

The SONY 929 is considered one the best TV's out on the market right now...many excellent reviews since it's back-lit it's gives an almost true black level of plasma tv's.
__________________
Photobucket (not always up to date): http://s160.photobucket.com/albums/t199/John91C/
John91C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:58 PM   #10 (permalink)
Member
 
JosieD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 4,179
Default

My brother sells TVs at best buy. I will ask him tomorrow and get back to you.
__________________
Leukemia and Lymphoma Society; #TEAMCONNOR, Mental Health Awareness, St. Jude's Children's Hospital
"A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery while on a detour." ~Author Unknown
JosieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 11:16 PM   #11 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Blowout Forums
Posts: 2,147
Send a message via AIM to sblez
Default

Thanks for the replies. I am looking for a 55 inch LED TV. I thought Sony was good....
__________________
Sblez aka Scott
Knicks are back!
Always LOOKing for ELI Manning Autos
PM ME ABOUT ANDREW LUCK CARDS!!!
sblez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 11:29 PM   #12 (permalink)
Member
 
Whodatiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Georgia
Posts: 2,127
Default

Samsung all the way.
__________________
addicted36 is my hero!

http://s141.photobucket.com/albums/r77/bucnastdizzl/
Whodatiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 11:35 PM   #13 (permalink)
Member
 
Vintage Collector's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 7,112
Default

depend on what your price range but I am loyal samsung.
__________________
Vintage Collector's Ebay ID is - Mitcards
All ebay auctions starting at 99 cents no reserve.
I will also buy or trade My Cards for your Silver or Gold!
Never Forget 9/11, Be Diligent and Safe!
Vintage Collector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 11:52 PM   #14 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,465
Default

I believe samsung is generally considered by most to be the best brand for tvs. However on black fridays there is always a great deal on a sharp aquos thus that is what I have. I have a 50inch LED the only problem with this tv idk about other sharps is crap speakers they don't get very loud so you will want an external speaker of some sort if you go with an aquos.
rip+flip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 11:59 PM   #15 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 12,477
Default

Samsung has a loyal following. Its not technically the best. Based on model and what you are looking need wise, you cant just pick a tv.
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 02:20 AM   #16 (permalink)
Member
 
stumpfreeman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 2,643
Default

Sony makes great TV's. I have 4 sony bravia's, they never disappoint. I even still have a 36" sony tube tv that my wife and I bought when we got married 19 years ago, it still works fantastic! Samsungs are great too and Visio has gained alot of ground over the last few years.
__________________
Check out my photobucket by clicking on my homepage in the drop down list under my username. Looking for any Twins cards I don't have, and Mickey Mantle refractors that I don't have. I will trade for bait, on occasion. 2011 Topps Chrome auto set completed!!
stumpfreeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 10:03 AM   #17 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,280
Default

I just bought this TV and absolutely love it!

Sony BRAVIA KDL55HX850 55-Inch 240Hz 1080p 3D LED Internet TV, Black:Amazon:Electronics

Samsung and Sony are definitely the best brands. Right now the Sony 900 series somebody mentioned above is probably the best or one of the best out there rigbt now. Just make sure you get a 240hz LED TV and its hard to go wrong. Be careful with how Samsung advertises TVs though, they use the phrase clear motion or something like that (cant remember the wording off the top of my head) and its not the same as hz. For instance if it says 240 clear motion rate its really just 120hz, I almost got suckered in by this!
hreed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 10:10 AM   #18 (permalink)
Member
 
Chaddie84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Fargo, ND
Posts: 6,355
Default

Samsung is my favorite make for TVs.

If you have coin, you can pick up a nice 60" or 65" LED for under $2k.
__________________
COMC Prices Dropped and Auto-Accept set to 20%!
Chaddie84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 10:19 AM   #19 (permalink)
Member
 
56LightsOut56's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 3,000
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hreed2 View Post
I just bought this TV and absolutely love it!

Sony BRAVIA KDL55HX850 55-Inch 240Hz 1080p 3D LED Internet TV, Black:Amazon:Electronics

Samsung and Sony are definitely the best brands. Right now the Sony 900 series somebody mentioned above is probably the best or one of the best out there rigbt now. Just make sure you get a 240hz LED TV and its hard to go wrong. Be careful with how Samsung advertises TVs though, they use the phrase clear motion or something like that (cant remember the wording off the top of my head) and its not the same as hz. For instance if it says 240 clear motion rate its really just 120hz, I almost got suckered in by this!
This is what I have as well and I love it, goes great with the Sony Playstation and Sony Surround Sound.
__________________
I think our founding father Ben Franklin said it best when he said, “It is the first responsibility of every citizen to question authority.”
56LightsOut56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 11:34 AM   #20 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 12,477
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 56LightsOut56 View Post
This is what I have as well and I love it, goes great with the Sony Playstation and Sony Surround Sound.
What surround sound system do you have?

Im so close to picking up that CT550w 3d sound bar by sony. I dont have the room for speakers everywhere (or I dont want them everywhere).
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 12:30 PM   #21 (permalink)
Member
 
56LightsOut56's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 3,000
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
What surround sound system do you have?

Im so close to picking up that CT550w 3d sound bar by sony. I dont have the room for speakers everywhere (or I dont want them everywhere).
We have the 5.1 3D player surround system, not sure of the model #
I'm a stickler of adding components from the same brand. So it was a no
brainer for me Sony TV = Sony Surround = 0 compatability issues.
__________________
I think our founding father Ben Franklin said it best when he said, “It is the first responsibility of every citizen to question authority.”
56LightsOut56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 12:44 PM   #22 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 12,477
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 56LightsOut56 View Post
We have the 5.1 3D player surround system, not sure of the model #
I'm a stickler of adding components from the same brand. So it was a no
brainer for me Sony TV = Sony Surround = 0 compatability issues.
Ive done the same thing thus far. Sony tv, Sony Playstation (Blue ray) and now a sony soundbar if I pick it up. It syncs up all in one and you can use all them with just 1 sony remote. I use the Sony Homshare remote. Totally recommend it if you are in the market for a sony all in home remote that can access a NAZ home network system

Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 02:01 PM   #23 (permalink)
Member
 
RamRage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: England
Posts: 858
Default

Sony is bad from my experiences. I had a TV a few years back (LCD 32 incher) and it was terrible compared to a cheaper Samsung 32 inch we had in the next room, the Samsung was like 600 bucks and the Sony was 800 (back when LCD's were really hot, 2006/7?) That, and I had a PS3 for a bit and it sucked. Wi-fi unit inside was really weak, my Xbox could get a great connection and the PS3 couldn't get a whiff of one.
__________________
'In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes, and the Rams missing a playoff berth' - Benjamin Franklin
I collect Kellen Clemens, I guess, and the 2006 Bowman Signs of the Times Set!
RamRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 02:08 PM   #24 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 12,477
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamRage View Post
Sony is bad from my experiences. I had a TV a few years back (LCD 32 incher) and it was terrible compared to a cheaper Samsung 32 inch we had in the next room, the Samsung was like 600 bucks and the Sony was 800 (back when LCD's were really hot, 2006/7?) That, and I had a PS3 for a bit and it sucked. Wi-fi unit inside was really weak, my Xbox could get a great connection and the PS3 couldn't get a whiff of one.
That probably has more to do with buying a lemon product than sony. You should have returned it if something was wrong.
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 02:13 PM   #25 (permalink)
Member
 
RamRage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: England
Posts: 858
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
That probably has more to do with buying a lemon product than sony. You should have returned it if something was wrong.
Yeah, I did return the PS3 after a couple of weeks, was really disappointed
It's probably just personal experience more than anything that gives me this opinion to be honest
__________________
'In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes, and the Rams missing a playoff berth' - Benjamin Franklin
I collect Kellen Clemens, I guess, and the 2006 Bowman Signs of the Times Set!
RamRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:20 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright © 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.