Blowout Cards Forums
ebay event 8.25.14

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2013, 10:51 AM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fm8418 View Post
oh they never used to and that's why people would set crazy shipping fees. I really didnt pay attention they changed that at end of 11'
It changed a while ago to stop those penny auctions w/$150 shipping. sellers were circumventing fees that way. ebay finally caught on so now they charge fees on what you list, what you sell, paypal and shipping (if you charge for it)
http://sportscardalbum.com/u/cactuspies
RIP Mom 10/8/09, PAPAJIM 11/22/10
Cactuspies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:02 AM   #27 (permalink)

yeah that is one of the great ideas from ebay and why so many people are going with free shipping so they do not have to pay the fees from the shipping

i still charge $2.25 + .50 but i start 98% of my auctions at .99 now matter what it is mostly 5 - 10 card lots of rookies and if someone wins multiple lots and the shipping would be completely nuts its $5.15 in a small priority box which you can print the label from paypal shipping. i understand that if you take a bubble mailer to the post office and add delivery confirmation its $2.80 but anyone that adds $1.00 per is just wrong i try very hard to work with buyers of my ebay items even though some of them are just nuts lol but the shipping thing is always going to be a sticking point just like buying on comc there shipping can be crazy
bbcardsrgreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:27 AM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarka3 View Post
practices like this or even the .25 or .50 up to a certain reasonable cap in price cause me to go after a ton of that seller's stuff if I am chasing a PC item.

anyway, gripe time over. I just wanted to see if I was wrong for being taken aback by the 1 dollar extra per win charge.
That method hooks me!

If a seller charges no additional fees for multiple wins then I will actively go through all of his listings to see if I want to buy anything else. A great way to add $1-2 cards to your collection cheaply.

I don't do this if a seller has an added cost higher than 20 or 25 cents.

The seller may make lower profit on one or two sales, but overall this method will prove advantageous.