Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2013, 02:23 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default PayPal verification. Any clue what this error means?

"We're sorry, but that bank can't be linked to any more PayPal accounts. Please link a different bank account."

Tried linking my checking account today, as I've hit my limit. I have not linked this account to anything except my credit card to pay my monthly bill. Any idea why I'm receiving this error? Shot off an e-mail to PP, but thought I'd check with you guys, too.

I don't feel like opening up a PayPal credit card just to be able to spend the $100+ on my friggin' balance, which is my money to begin with. Annoying. Anyways, thanks gang.
Old 01-23-2013, 06:53 AM   #2 (permalink)

Stolen from Google:

The first thing to do is to make absolutely sure that you're entering the bank account and routing numbers correctly. Include any leading zeroes, etc. It should match the numbers on your check.

If you've double-checked the accuracy of the numbers and you are still receiving that message, then that number has been added to a PayPal account previously. Is there someone in your household who might have used the account information? Was your information used without your permission? Take a look at your bank statements and see if you can find any charges you didn't approve. Charges to your bank would only be able to be made if the bank were confirmed, which means that the person using the account would have to have access to your personal financial documents or online account post sign-in.

The last possibility is that someone may have mis-keyed their own bank account number and added yours by mistake. If they couldn't confirm it, Customer Solutions can help you get it freed up once ownership of the account is proven. This can't be done more than once or twice or the system locks the account number out as a security risk. (That's only because if someone keeps accidentally using your account, the safety of your funds would require that a new number issued and PayPal won't allow the compromised number to be used.)

Much more often than not, a customer will call up knowing that the account has never been used before. Some details are validated over the phone and it's soon discovered that there was a completely legitimate and authorized transaction a few years ago that has since been forgotten. Sometimes it was a spouse who used the account. Give Customer Solutions a call and they'll help you get to the bottom of it.
DaveTaplin is offline   Reply With Quote