Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2013, 06:05 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Why can't I access Blowout cards?

First off I'm not computer savvy at all so here is my problem. I haven't been able to access blowoutcards.com or the forums from my home computer or network since Jan. 12. I can't get to the site from my phone when it is using my home wifi network but can when I use Verizon 4g network. I have no problem getting on at work either. My buddy came over and looked at some stuff and tracked my "hops" (no clue what that means) and said I'm missing the last one coming from Blowout, and that is resulting in my timed out error. I have contacted Blowout and they asked for my home computer IP address but I haven't gotten a response for 5 days. So my question is has this happened to anyone else and is there anything I can do to fix the problem myself?
teebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 01:09 PM   #2 (permalink)

How are you accessing BO at the moment?
eBay sellers beware, I will leave you a neutral if you don't at least include a toploader when shipping a card. Feel free to block me if you don't ship with a toploader or secured card holder. That is all.
High-End Bucket: http://s1135.photobucket.com/albums/m627/AvenOZ/High-End%20and%20HTG/
CP3toOKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 01:12 PM   #3 (permalink)
XL5

Turn off your modem and router and then turn them back on (modem first, then router). Who is your ISP?
Old 01-23-2013, 06:50 PM   #4 (permalink)

Also, check your Anti-virus to see if you accidentally blocked them in a random popup at some point. Had this happen to me when my wife jumped on my computer one day and didn't know what to do when our AV asked to Block/Allow, so she blocked. Couldn't figure out how to access the site for almost a month.
66_Fiat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 01:33 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP3toOKC View Post
How are you accessing BO at the moment?
I'm at work using their wifi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XL5 View Post
Turn off your modem and router and then turn them back on (modem first, then router). Who is your ISP?
I tried this and I also reset my router. Still not able to get on. Comcast or Xfinity or whatever they are calling themselves today is my service provider.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66_Fiat View Post
Also, check your Anti-virus to see if you accidentally blocked them in a random popup at some point. Had this happen to me when my wife jumped on my computer one day and didn't know what to do when our AV asked to Block/Allow, so she blocked. Couldn't figure out how to access the site for almost a month.
I will try this when I get home. If this doesn't work does anyone else have any ideas?
Old 01-24-2013, 02:00 AM   #6 (permalink)
Banned

because we don't want you here.
migraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 05:30 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by migraine View Post
because we don't want you here.
But its so much fun to see what kind of trouble people are stirring up.
Old 01-24-2013, 06:32 PM   #8 (permalink)

any luck with antivirus or firewall settings?
66_Fiat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 06:34 PM   #9 (permalink)

I had that same problem for a while. Tried clearing cache/cookies, DNS, etc and still wouldn't work. Eventually figured out to get on with proxy servers and now finally got on today after leaving a tab open with it accidentally when I could get on through other networks and then it worked at home.
mnvikingstwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 01:09 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnvikingstwins View Post
I had that same problem for a while. Tried clearing cache/cookies, DNS, etc and still wouldn't work. Eventually figured out to get on with proxy servers and now finally got on today after leaving a tab open with it accidentally when I could get on through other networks and then it worked at home.
Where in Minnesota do you live? I live in Burnsville. Did your problem start about Jan. 12?
Old 01-25-2013, 03:22 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66_Fiat View Post
any luck with antivirus or firewall settings?
No, I couldn't find anything with Kaspersky that showed blocked sites. How would I know if my firewall settings are blocking blowout?