Blowout Cards Forums
Black Friday 2014

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2013, 04:24 PM   #51 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullmetal View Post
Most are not capable. Until recently, I didn't feel comfortable doing this for my family.

If this actually happened in the US we would see a civil war.
I think it should be a choice. Businesses have that choice. People who consider themselves contract workers "self proprietor" may be paid in full and must pay their portion of the taxes during tax time. That choice provided that you have been in good standing order of no delquincy in prior years and have enough credit/assets not to run.
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 04:40 PM   #52 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOMBB25 View Post
7-21 days not July 21st
Whew! Scared me for a minute.
bigzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 05:05 PM   #53 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
How in the world do you get that much back? IM pretty envious. I have to throw a bunk load of cash into my RRSP just so that I can come in paying around that much into taxes!!
2 kids
Head of Household
Earned Income Credit
= $8200

Plus I claim 0 dependents
gatordeve86 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 05:07 PM   #54 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
How does buying a home affect your income tax in the US?
you deduct morgage interest from your federal returns.

also, you can deduct state sales tax paid on all purchases throughout the year, i only keep receipts for the big purchases.
VWBUS1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 05:24 PM   #55 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWBUS1978 View Post
you deduct morgage interest from your federal returns.

also, you can deduct state sales tax paid on all purchases throughout the year, i only keep receipts for the big purchases.
Damn!! Nice. You also get to deduct interst paid on mortgage from your gross income as well right? Thats a dream!!

We have it backwards here. If you buy a home here, you pay the price for the home. Then you pay land transfer tax on the house you buy. In toronto they double it... so you pay land transfer tax to the municipal govt and a land transfer tax to the provincial govt. A 500k home purchase would have to take on a $25,000 land transfer tax on top of the buying price!!

Whats even better is if you buy a new house (not resale), you have to pay 13% HST on it. So youd pay like $65k. But the home developers roll it into the price and sell you on "no tax" but essentially you are still paying it.
Old 01-24-2013, 05:56 PM   #56 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by asujbl View Post
Nothing other then just buying any regular day to day things I'd be anyway. I don't give the government an interest free loan so I tax plan accordingly at the start of the year. If you're getting thousands back then you are doing some pretty horrible planning.
So...because I have an alternating plan between my ex to claim my daughter every other year, and work a job where you have to schedule a meeting with HR...and i make due with bills and such

not to mention my daughters birthday is in April, so i get a decent chunk every other year to take her somewhere/do something nicer than usual...

im planning pretty horribly according to you genius?

i understand your logic about wanting your $$ and not wanting to give the govt loans yada yada...but implying just because you work in the field and have your opinion, and that everyone is doing it wrong...well quite frankly makes you sound like a douche
cdub6238 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 06:04 PM   #57 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to fm8418

People need to check themselves before they criticize others for how much money they make or the amount of kids they have. We don't know each others situations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsfan20 View Post
You do know that you can control how much money you loan to uncle sam correct? If you are getting 8k or anywhere near that back you are not doing it right.

+ 100
Sure but you can not put anything into federal all year and still get that much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tajikey View Post

And you realize that you can change your W-4 any time during the year to accommodate for these credits. There's even a box on the W-2 that reports earned income credit if you took it early like you should, if you expect little to no changes year over year.
You also understand no one explains this, my son is almost 3 and no one has once said this to me from H&r block to turbo tax to the local county. So if I basically check that box will it distribute my EIC of $3,100 evenly throughout the 12 months?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdub6238 View Post
So...because I have an alternating plan between my ex to claim my daughter every other year, and work a job where you have to schedule a meeting with HR...and i make due with bills and such

not to mention my daughters birthday is in April, so i get a decent chunk every other year to take her somewhere/do something nicer than usual...

im planning pretty horribly according to you genius?

i understand your logic about wanting your $$ and not wanting to give the govt loans yada yada...but implying just because you work in the field and have your opinion, and that everyone is doing it wrong...well quite frankly makes you sound like a douche
SHHHHHH!!!! there's only one right way

Last edited by fm8418; 01-24-2013 at 06:15 PM.
fm8418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 07:48 PM   #58 (permalink)

Wow- didn't realize I created a H&R Block discussions board
Old 01-24-2013, 07:56 PM   #59 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to fm8418

We're going to Disney World in May!
fm8418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:40 PM   #60 (permalink)

whoa big shot accountant

Quote:
Originally Posted by asujbl View Post
Nothing other then just buying any regular day to day things I'd be anyway. I don't give the government an interest free loan so I tax plan accordingly at the start of the year. If you're getting thousands back then you are doing some pretty horrible planning.
bkovach06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 09:43 PM   #61 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeymcgee View Post
So you actually get back more in a "refund" than you paid in taxes? In other words, do you make money on your return?
you are correct. Believe me, I was suprise myself. But I will never complain.
David
bowefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:43 PM   #62 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowefan View Post
you are correct. Believe me, I was suprise myself. But I will never complain.
David
It comes at a price. That price must be paid by those who pay more in taxes then they get back while others get it free!! Makes for a bunk system! and a welfare state!
Old 01-24-2013, 11:50 PM   #63 (permalink)

Don't get me started on how messed up taxes are and how the government wants to screw over the millonaires who provide the jobs for us lower end people. I don't want a hand out, never asked for it and never will. I just follow the rules, go to work, work hard, shelter,feed and cloth my family. I file my taxes through H&R Block every year, never lie and in the end I get this amount every year.
Until they find a way to reform the tax problem in the U.S. we will always have people manipulate the system.
Case in point, my ex-sister in law and her husband has 3 kids and was on welfare, but for 3 months out of the year the husband could work and still receive welfare on top of that the government paid for their home(HUD) and their food was paid for by food stamps. They got so much food stamp money, that they could pay for a month of food and still had half left over. So they would sell half their food stamps for about 60 percent. Then they would use the money for booze and weed. Then to top it off, they could file taxes each year on the 3 months of work and end of making around 6,000 to 8,000 dollars off income tax.
Now tell me something isn't wrong with the system.

David
Old 01-25-2013, 12:06 AM   #64 (permalink)
Banned

Im on the opposite end. I lose close to half my paycheck to taxes and get back nothing for it. While those who make less than me pay less then me and get back twice as much as me even though I put in twice as much as them. Im not rich. Im the working poor.
Old 01-25-2013, 12:09 AM   #65 (permalink)

My "refund" will go to those who actually get refunds. You're welcome .
Old 01-25-2013, 12:30 AM   #66 (permalink)

I know what your saying, and I feel your pain. I think it's unfair. I been there before, working my arss off all year to make 600 to 800 back and sometimes paying up to 500 dollars back to the government. I in no way discount what your saying. Believe me, even with the extra money, it still doesn't go far with 6 kids and a wife. Sometimes over the last year I scratch my head and wonder how I ever got through the year on such a low income. Thank god I am in a State that is light on the pocketbook. No way I could survive in States like, California, Texas,Flordia or New York.

Maybe a flat tax is a better solution, that way everyone is equal, but even with that, somehow the government would screw that up.
I don't know what to say. You are getting screwed,but on the other hand, with more companies closing or going over seas. I believe I am getting screwed. This isn't the America I grew up in, this isn't the America that Reagan said the people don't work for government, the government works for the people.
I am just trying to make it day to day just like the rest of you. I am not going to say I am sorry for having 6 kids and having my job taken away from me and I am surely not going to say sorry because I got more money back than someone else.
I will leave you guys with this. When I was struggling , a man once told me to stop feeling sorry for myself and stop blaming other people for my problems and feel jealously toward others for what they had. Instead get on your knees and pray to god, not for lesser burdens but for a stronger back to carry your burdens.
Old 01-25-2013, 12:35 AM   #67 (permalink)
Banned

All that will happen is the rich will move and pay taxes in other countries. Then what? Where will the lower half get their big handouts?
Old 01-25-2013, 12:43 AM   #68 (permalink)

hate to say it, but when we overhaul the government. No hate to say it is wrong, should be when we the people finally stand up and take back our country and stop letting government run our great nation into the ground.
Old 01-25-2013, 12:45 AM   #69 (permalink)
Banned

$5.00 hookers
migraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 12:55 AM   #70 (permalink)

you better wrap up at least 2 times, don't want to give the hookers a STD
Old 01-25-2013, 01:13 AM   #71 (permalink)

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooslow View Post
and the other 92% are bad at math.
That is awesome!
Sheld505 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 01:15 AM   #72 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowefan View Post
hate to say it, but when we overhaul the government. No hate to say it is wrong, should be when we the people finally stand up and take back our country and stop letting government run our great nation into the ground.
Dont blame the government. Blame the idiots who vote for your current government. A nation full of pathetic bums looking for their entitlements. USA: where having more and more children you cant afford gets you a bigger welfare check. Should be simple here and it isnt. Work or you starve. Work or you freeze. Work or your kids dont eat. Maybe THEN people would get off their arse. Instead people are rewarded for taking ZERO personal responsibility and making poor decisions. This country gets worse and worse and its being taken down by people who fail to contribute ANYTHING to society.

Last edited by cruiserdaddy7; 01-25-2013 at 04:46 AM.
cruiserdaddy7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 02:28 AM   #73 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiserdaddy7 View Post
Dont blame the government. Blame the idiots who vote for your current government. A nationa full of pathetic bums looking for their entitlements. USA: where having more and more children you cant afford gets you a bigger welfare check. Should be simple here and it isnt. Work or you starve. Work or you freeze. Work or your kids dont eat. Maybe THEN people would get off their arse. Instead people are rewarded for taking ZERO personal responsibility and making poor decisions. This country gets worse and worse and its being taken down by people who fail to contribute ANYTHING to society.
Birdmandig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 10:13 AM   #74 (permalink)

Federal and state combined I am getting $801. I am thinking Maybach , big silver one.
Old 01-25-2013, 12:57 PM   #75 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiserdaddy7 View Post
Dont blame the government. Blame the idiots who vote for your current government. A nation full of pathetic bums looking for their entitlements. USA: where having more and more children you cant afford gets you a bigger welfare check. Should be simple here and it isnt. Work or you starve. Work or you freeze. Work or your kids dont eat. Maybe THEN people would get off their arse. Instead people are rewarded for taking ZERO personal responsibility and making poor decisions. This country gets worse and worse and its being taken down by people who fail to contribute ANYTHING to society.
This is harsh, but frankly I agree with everything you just posted.
pcbuck is offline   Reply With Quote