Blowout Cards Forums
Draft Kings

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2013, 01:43 PM   #76 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to fm8418

2 people can work 40 hour a week jobs and still get back a big income tax check because they still fall under poverty level.

Also the government has always been shady and always will be. It's just people have a way to express their feelings now, the internet. People don't just blindly accept it like in the past.
fm8418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 04:39 PM   #77 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fm8418 View Post
2 people can work 40 hour a week jobs and still get back a big income tax check because they still fall under poverty level.

Also the government has always been shady and always will be. It's just people have a way to express their feelings now, the internet. People don't just blindly accept it like in the past.
You don't even have to be in poverty level to get a nice refund. My wife and I both make a fair wage. I work roughly 45 hrs a week and she is usually 25-30 hours. We aren't rich by any means, but wehave everytbing we need and a fair amount of what we want.

With 3 kids and the standard deduction we still get a nice chunk back. We bust our a$$ to be where we are. If someone wants to try and tell me I'm taking a hand out they can kiss my hairy azz.
bigzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 04:43 PM   #78 (permalink)
Approved Group Sub Host

Quote:
say you have 2 kids and only make around 20k. It's possible to get around that much, don't be too envious until you know everyones situation.

This is me above i made 19,798 at my "taxable job" and have 2 boys so times are REAL good right now
Old 01-25-2013, 04:54 PM   #79 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigzig View Post
You don't even have to be in poverty level to get a nice refund. My wife and I both make a fair wage. I work roughly 45 hrs a week and she is usually 25-30 hours. We aren't rich by any means, but wehave everytbing we need and a fair amount of what we want.

With 3 kids and the standard deduction we still get a nice chunk back. We bust our a$$ to be where we are. If someone wants to try and tell me I'm taking a hand out they can kiss my hairy azz.
Thats exactly what big companies like GE say when they pay no taxes for the billions in revenues they bring in!! They are playing by the same rules you are!! You take advantage of it, so they do. Whats the difference? They wont suffer, but soon enough itll catch up and the average joe will suffer. Thats when theyll says kiss their hairy arse!!
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 06:07 PM   #80 (permalink)

paranoia paranoia
Old 01-25-2013, 06:11 PM   #81 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
paranoia paranoia
Do you know why companies left the US to go pay taxes in Ireland?
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 06:13 PM   #82 (permalink)

getting a decent refund only because of my daughter and the fact i paid for grad school out of pocket, probably my last year of getting a refund
bkovach06 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 07:20 PM   #83 (permalink)

i havent had a refund since my last year of college..i owed 46k last year and my accountant made me fully fund the 401k (silly because i will be living off rentals and trhe business funds until i die) and then maxing out a roth..then whatevers left i buy new equipment for the business to help out but i still always end up paying in every year
jerryw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 04:39 AM   #84 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by washingtonmark View Post
Well hope all of you are aware that the IRS isn't processing any returns until atleast January 30th, and Nobody will receive their money until 7-21 after processing. So don't go spending your refunds too early!
My funds already dropped into my account- 2 days processing- just a heads up to anyone that filed before the 31st

I'm a single guy- working as a sys admin renting and going to school- hence why i get a refund.....but i still get anal raped on taxes every check

Last edited by Res215dg; 02-02-2013 at 04:41 AM.
Res215dg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 09:32 AM   #85 (permalink)

We got money back last year for the first time in 2 years because we refinanced. I doubt we will get anything back this year as my husbands work never takes out enough taxes. He has followed up with them every year but they keep telling him its his responsibility to get it taken care of and when he asks what he needs to do they say they don't know. Why he won't let me go back to work full time and support our family while he is a stay at home dad is beyond me. I would make more money and have better insurance.

If we do get a return, we are using it to get a fence.
Old 02-02-2013, 10:09 AM   #86 (permalink)

Using ours towards adding another rental property to the portfolio. Time has never been better to buy these up.
cruiserdaddy7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 10:10 AM   #87 (permalink)

I am strongly debating buying my first case of cards since 2000 with my refund. I have targeted what I want that is a reasonable amount. I will have to use a little bit more than half of my refund on the case.
Old 02-02-2013, 12:16 PM   #88 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray27Ray52 View Post
I am strongly debating buying my first case of cards since 2000 with my refund. I have targeted what I want that is a reasonable amount. I will have to use a little bit more than half of my refund on the case.
Going to tell us which case you have targeted? Hopefully at the minimum you have fun opening stuff again since its been awhile.
Old 02-02-2013, 12:44 PM   #89 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiserdaddy7 View Post
Going to tell us which case you have targeted? Hopefully at the minimum you have fun opening stuff again since its been awhile.
My apologies. I am looking to pick up a case of 2011 Topps Football. Debating between a Jumbo case or Hobby box case. Two of my main PC's guys are from that draft class so it would be cool to pull an auto from a pack of either of them.

I am fully prepared to take a kick in the junk. I am not going to get my hopes up for any big pulls. I just want the excitement of opening a ton of packs.
Old 02-02-2013, 01:24 PM   #90 (permalink)

Quote:
My apologies. I am looking to pick up a case of 2011 Topps Football. Debating between a Jumbo case or Hobby box case. Two of my main PC's guys are from that draft class so it would be cool to pull an auto from a pack of either of them.

I am fully prepared to take a kick in the junk. I am not going to get my hopes up for any big pulls. I just want the excitement of opening a ton of packs.
That sounds like a lot of fun!
Old 02-02-2013, 01:28 PM   #91 (permalink)

I usually do pretty good estimating the year and planning. Typically, I get just enough of a refund to pay for my taxes to be completed and filed by a professional advisor, and the usual $60 to $65 I always owe the state each year. Works out pretty well. Had a ton of donations this year, though, due to a passing in the family, so I guess I might see something more of a refund this year. I'll find out on the 14th, after the appt.
Stop buying Panini garbage. Just stop. Next time you feel like you might, just bash yourself in the face with a 2x4 with rusty nails sticking out. Same thing. THEY.DO.NOT.CARE. How hard is it to wrap your mind around that?
nabzy28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 02:55 PM   #92 (permalink)

I filed on the 26th but mine wont be accepted until mid February due to a college form not being ready yet for my wife.
Old 02-02-2013, 03:37 PM   #93 (permalink)

I filed like two weeks ago was ready to get it accepted on the 31st then got a email saying cause the education credit something is wrong with there system and have to wait till mid February which sucks for me, my refund was suppost to pay to move into my place. Now I get to live in a hotel for two weeks!!!! Owell could be worse
Old 02-02-2013, 06:02 PM   #94 (permalink)

Haven't even gotten my W2 yet. Thanks Sears.
Old 02-02-2013, 07:08 PM   #95 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by asujbl View Post
Nothing other then just buying any regular day to day things I'd be anyway. I don't give the government an interest free loan so I tax plan accordingly at the start of the year. If you're getting thousands back then you are doing some pretty horrible planning.
We really don't care what you do or what you think.
jeffro318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 07:21 PM   #96 (permalink)

Quote:

Jumbo case should get you 12 autos hobby case maye 4.. but only 60 packs, hobby would be 432
Old 02-02-2013, 07:24 PM   #97 (permalink)

Anyway I'm going to pay off my wifes escape early, if I would have planned properly I would never be able to do that.
Old 02-03-2013, 01:38 AM   #98 (permalink)
Banned

I am getting a few hundred less than I thought back. Oh well I can still pay off my car repairs and buy myself a new gun.
vc15jrich23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 01:44 AM   #99 (permalink)

Quote:

Sounds like fun. Personally we enjoy getting the large refund instead of small amount through the year. We use the funds to take vacations and other things with these funds. People say "interest free loans" but banks arent paying any interest to speak of so thats not relevant. This year we will buy our 7th rental property and use the return towards the 25% down.
Old 02-03-2013, 02:44 AM   #100 (permalink)

I got about $500 back from my federal taxes. I still have to file my state taxes which will probably be about the same as last year (paying about $20). We recently bought a newish fridge and dryer with a credit card, so I will be putting the money towards paying those off.
dbackschamp2001 is offline   Reply With Quote