Blowout Cards Forums
Blaster Master

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2013, 10:27 AM   #101 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosieDively View Post
We got money back last year for the first time in 2 years because we refinanced. I doubt we will get anything back this year as my husbands work never takes out enough taxes. He has followed up with them every year but they keep telling him its his responsibility to get it taken care of and when he asks what he needs to do they say they don't know. Why he won't let me go back to work full time and support our family while he is a stay at home dad is beyond me. I would make more money and have better insurance.

If we do get a return, we are using it to get a fence.
Your husband needs to tell his contact at work he wants to fill out a new W4 form. This is setting the level of tax removed weekly from his check.

Example; claim S0 (single zero dependants) and his weekly check will be taxed higher then claming M4 (married four dependants). This will yeild a huge refund at tax time. You will be lending the IRS money throughout the year tax free, but will get it back as a refund.

Some people like to use this as a savings account since they learn to adjust to living without the money weekly. If things are tight with money I would rather have the extra available each week in the paycheck.
hhmag70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 11:06 AM   #102 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmag70 View Post
Your husband needs to tell his contact at work he wants to fill out a new W4 form. This is setting the level of tax removed weekly from his check.

Example; claim S0 (single zero dependants) and his weekly check will be taxed higher then claming M4 (married four dependants). This will yeild a huge refund at tax time. You will be lending the IRS money throughout the year tax free, but will get it back as a refund.

Some people like to use this as a savings account since they learn to adjust to living without the money weekly. If things are tight with money I would rather have the extra available each week in the paycheck.
this is what i do... i look at it this way.. i could have a couple more dollars weekly and blow it or i can get a bunch back at once and catch up with my debt and other crap
gatordeve86 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 04:44 PM   #103 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to fm8418

Are returns taking the full 21 days about now?

Mine was accepted February 14th because I had to wait for a college form but it still hasn't been approved yet. I'm used to getting them back usually within 10 days.
fm8418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 04:59 PM   #104 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fm8418 View Post

Mine was accepted February 14th because I had to wait for a college form but it still hasn't been approved yet. I'm used to getting them back usually within 10 days.
i submitted mine on the 14th and got it this morning.
it is different for everyone, depending upon payment method.

i chose direct deposit so i wouldn't get a check in the mail.
VWBUS1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 05:56 PM   #105 (permalink)

Quote:

I filed on the 31st. Wasn't accepted till feb. 10th. Received around the 20th. Kinda slow on the acceptance compared to usual, but overall time frame was pretty normal compared to years past.
bigzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 07:58 AM   #106 (permalink)

2009 Topps Unique Tim Lincecum Button Auto 6 | eBay

there's my first of many card purchases. all vintage after that one.
VWBUS1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 05:00 PM   #107 (permalink)

Found out why mine has been going slow. Yay for being audited.
Old 03-08-2013, 10:10 PM   #108 (permalink)

I am buying a much needed kidney.
ilovethelakings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 10:11 PM   #109 (permalink)
Banned

Send a message via AIM to CaptainBOHICA

im buying two stamps...........so i can mail in my payments.
CaptainBOHICA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 10:28 PM   #110 (permalink)

Quote:
Found out why mine has been going slow. Yay for being audited.
Ouch. Hope it works out.

Any idea what triggered it?
bigzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 10:31 PM   #111 (permalink)

Being poor and having a child lol. There's a lot of fraud in this class of people so I'm guessing I have to prove our child is ours. It's a joke especially since our filing hasn't changed the last two years.

The worst part is they wait basically 21 days before letting you know what's up. Also they mailed out my letter on Monday and I still haven't received it.
Old 03-08-2013, 11:17 PM   #112 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
Being poor and having a child lol. There's a lot of fraud in this class of people so I'm guessing I have to prove our child is ours. It's a joke especially since our filing hasn't changed the last two years.

The worst part is they wait basically 21 days before letting you know what's up. Also they mailed out my letter on Monday and I still haven't received it.
It's not technically an audit, just a substantiation that your children are yours, or that they actually live with you. There are a lot of shady people this time of year trying to claim 5th cousins as their own. The IRS is FINALLY doing something about it.
tajikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 12:55 AM   #113 (permalink)

LASIK with my Bonus from work. Finally 20/20 vision never thought it would happen.
Old 03-09-2013, 07:50 AM   #114 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tajikey View Post
It's not technically an audit, just a substantiation that your children are yours, or that they actually live with you. There are a lot of shady people this time of year trying to claim 5th cousins as their own. The IRS is FINALLY doing something about it.
Yeah I know, I'm guessing it was computer generated like I said because I've had no problems the last 2 years