Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2013, 10:17 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Has anyone tore a ligament in their knee before?

I am pretty sure I tore at least one ligament in my knee last night when I fell on a wet tile floor - my left knee popped out of place then I heard another pop - I can barely walk on it and it really hurts to bend it.

I was just wondering if anyone has gone through that before. I am in the midst of going to the doctor, but have to wait for help - was just wondering.

It's the most painful experience of my life and I've had a ton of football related breaks, sprains, and dislocations.
kl4life2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 11:54 AM   #2 (permalink)

Yup it sounds like you might have to me buddy.Bummer just do the exercises they give you to do before and after the operation.
imbaked247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 11:58 AM   #3 (permalink)

or you hyper extended?

i try not to self-diagnose. Always go straight to "Cancer" in my brain regardless of the symptoms.

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.
Clarka3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 11:58 AM   #4 (permalink)

Yeah, sounds like you tore a ligamnet, does the inside or outside of your knee hurt?
Old 01-25-2013, 12:31 PM   #5 (permalink)

i tore my MCL in 2005. it felt like my calf was hanging onto my leg by a thread. very painful and it lasted for months before it fully healed. i was too young to get surgery, so i had to go to therapy.

good luck, i would definitely go to see a doctor ASAP. they will set you up with a brace and physical therapy for a few months. the PT was agrivating because they put cold ice and electrodes on your knee and shock you every day, then go to heat and a mobilization device to help strenthen the tendon/ligament. take a huge rubber band home to strap your feet together and pull away from. i had to change my diet to compensate for the lack of exercise and i still gained weight.

i had to sit on the stairs and pull myself up, then sit on the stairs and slide myself down. it's as close to being paralyzed as i ever wanna experience.
VWBUS1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 12:40 PM   #6 (permalink)

I completely ripped my ACL off the bone. I was jumping over rolled up carpet on the job and when I landed, my knee bent inside to the left and it buckled. ...I think I blacked out for a hot second, but then when I stood up it immediately buckled 3 times. After 5 minutes I could walk on it, but it wasn't right and almost instantly swelled up 3 times the size as normal. I got an MRI later that week and they took 3 fat syringes of fluid out of my knee. Got it operated on and have some dead dudes ligament in my knee now. I'm certainly no Adrian Peterson(hahaha), but I would say my knee is about 97% of what it was. It will get swollen time and time again, especially after sports, but it's manageable. Regarding the pain felt when it happened, it hurt....A lot. However, it wasn't the pain that made me think that I really screwed something up, it was the immediate feeling when my knee would just crumble the three times after I first tried to get up after I hurt it. It's a terrible feeling man. If you have insurance, go to the doctor!
Old 01-25-2013, 12:42 PM   #7 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

I think IMac7065 did running away from his last batch of lies....
jlzinck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 12:44 PM   #8 (permalink)

There was also about 4 or 5 months of PT after the surgery as well. NOT FUN! I think if the dude would have just raped me, it would have been less painful than starting to bend my knee again after 3 months in a brace.
Old 01-25-2013, 01:29 PM   #9 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

I have dislocated my knee about ten times. The first was the worst. My knee was all the way out for a good three minutes. If it happens once it will happen again. Never once did I tear a ligament. Trust me it hurts and you will no be able to walk right away.
aggies1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 02:09 PM   #10 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to KeithKards

I popped both of my knees out of socket at least 20 times, I'm double-jointed. And have dislocated my knee once. It's best to see a Dr and let him figure out what is wrong and what is best for you.
KeithKards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 05:26 PM   #11 (permalink)

Left knee I tore my PCL and popped out of place. Impossible to put any weight on it for about 2 months. No surgery, just strengthened muscles around it.

Football related injury btw. I'd go to the doctor and get it looked at.
CAS239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 09:11 PM   #12 (permalink)

Thanks for all the responses just got home from the Dr. - looks like a torn MCL - I am way overweight and the DR. doesn't want to operate. So I don't know what I'm going to do - I was a football player and have had weight issues since - and broken ankles - basically have let myself go - so I have nobody to blame accept myself.

Thanks again guys - I can walk on it with a ton of pain, but I'm pretty tough - just need to eat well - lose weight and get the surgery then.

I am lucky to have an amazing wife.
Old 01-25-2013, 09:45 PM   #13 (permalink)

Get your doctor to send you to physical therapy. It will help a lot and you may not need the surgery if you work at the rehab. Dont just sit around and let it get stiff and sore on you.
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 11:19 PM   #14 (permalink)

If there's a lot of pain I wouldn't recommend walking around on it. When I tore my PCL I was on crutches for a month or two..it was impossible to put any amount of pressure on. Doctor said surgery is basically optional, but if not then I just need to strengthen up the muscles around it to provide stability for it. I did physical therapy for a little bit..then mainly let time take its course. That was a little over 7 years ago (freshman high school football), my knee will start to hurt a little after running a good distance, and it cracks from time to time basically on a daily basis (doesn't hurt type cracking). Sucks it had to happen.

But I'd go see a physical therapist or something. Use crutches and try to keep as much pressure off of it as possible if it hurts. Wouldn't want to inflict more damage than what's already done or possibly have a second fall because your knee gives out or something.

Knee injuries are tough and painful. Just don't overdue it, and when you get some momentum going, get to the gym and work out and eat right. Definitely if you're overweight it won't help your knee. Tough work shedding pounds but will be worth it, knee wise and health wise
CAS239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 11:26 PM   #15 (permalink)
ND3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JShrader01 View Post
I completely ripped my ACL off the bone. I was jumping over rolled up carpet on the job and when I landed, my knee bent inside to the left and it buckled. ...I think I blacked out for a hot second, but then when I stood up it immediately buckled 3 times. After 5 minutes I could walk on it, but it wasn't right and almost instantly swelled up 3 times the size as normal. I got an MRI later that week and they took 3 fat syringes of fluid out of my knee. Got it operated on and have some dead dudes ligament in my knee now. I'm certainly no Adrian Peterson(hahaha), but I would say my knee is about 97% of what it was. It will get swollen time and time again, especially after sports, but it's manageable. Regarding the pain felt when it happened, it hurt....A lot. However, it wasn't the pain that made me think that I really screwed something up, it was the immediate feeling when my knee would just crumble the three times after I first tried to get up after I hurt it. It's a terrible feeling man. If you have insurance, go to the doctor!
You had an allograft installed. Much shorter recovery time. Auto graft BTB (patella tendon with bone blocks cut out) will give you the tightest knee but you will have anterior knee pain from the harvest site.
Old 01-25-2013, 11:36 PM   #16 (permalink)

tore my acl junior year during football, took 9 months to recover, never been the same, but i probably came back to early, still bothers me after playing basketball or walking a round of golf
bkovach06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 12:45 AM   #17 (permalink)
Banned

Blame the wife!!!!
The Madbacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 11:40 AM   #18 (permalink)

Thanks guys for the good advice - I am elevating and only walking when I need to. Using a cane and it's a bit painful today because I think my arthritis is not enjoying all the rain we're getting right now in Glendale.

I feel so bad for anyone who has dealt with this.

And I would blame my wife, but she's been amazing to me.
Old 01-26-2013, 12:13 PM   #19 (permalink)

Happened to me while running, doc told me it was overuse and i ended up tearing it
Pending Deals:
Ivanrf1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 12:16 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithKards View Post
I popped both of my knees out of socket at least 20 times, I'm double-jointed. And have dislocated my knee once. It's best to see a Dr and let him figure out what is wrong and what is best for you.
I just about threw up in my mouth reading this....all this chat about ligaments and popping knees grosses me out.
Old 01-26-2013, 12:31 PM   #21 (permalink)

oh ya i tore my acl pcl and mcl on the right knee in 01 let me know if there is anything you wanna know or talk about
bigchach74 is offline   Reply With Quote