Blowout Cards Forums
This Just In

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2013, 08:09 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffro318 View Post
Mostly shoe boxes a few binders, some smaller boxes 300 counts and what not... keep commons in the boxes they came in... I have about 2 4 row monster boxes and 22 shoe boxes (2row).. I have 4 big sterilite plastic tubs I am attempting to store it all in... I also got rid of about 100,000 commons in the past couple years... my goal is to not have the kids share a room at all
Allow me to think about your delemia and get back to you on storage options. I misread your orginal post and thought you were having a 3rd child. I now see this is your second. My apologies.
Old 02-02-2013, 08:15 PM   #27 (permalink)

Please don't work OT on my account..
jeffro318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 08:18 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Please don't work OT on my account..
No worries. I plan on ignoring my children and husband tomorrow so I should have the time.
Old 02-02-2013, 08:20 PM   #29 (permalink)

Dear penthouse
.......................................................................................................
................................so tempted........................................................................................
...............................................to copy n past something from .................................................................................................................................................the inter-web

:jedi::jedi::jedi:
natbornkiller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 08:27 PM   #30 (permalink)

I have a real question? Is an horse a athlete?
Metsfan1121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 08:29 PM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metsfan1121 View Post
Where did this method of asking a question come from?...

Thanks josie
jeffro318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 08:35 PM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
Where did this method of asking a question come from?...

Thanks josie
This is where it all started...

is an horse an athlete?
BostonNut is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 08:42 PM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metsfan1121 View Post
No, a horse is not an athlete.

The definition of athlete is:
A person who is proficient in sports and other forms of physical exercise.
Old 02-02-2013, 08:43 PM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by natbornkiller View Post
Dear penthouse
.......................................................................................................
................................so tempted........................................................................................
...............................................to copy n past something from .................................................................................................................................................the inter-web
My advice is to post this and follow your instincts. Thank you.
Old 02-02-2013, 08:54 PM   #35 (permalink)

I am seeking advice. I need to know which baseball card forum has moderators that do not moderate with the style of soviet-era China.
Old 02-02-2013, 08:54 PM   #36 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosieDively View Post
My advice is to post this and follow your instincts. Thank you.

MUST RESIST

:jedi::jedi::jedi:

Last edited by natbornkiller; 02-02-2013 at 09:56 PM.
natbornkiller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 09:00 PM   #37 (permalink)

Quote:
Please see below.

Thank you!

Hmm...you appear to be SOL.
But. But. But.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonNut View Post
Fake an illness dude...it's your only way out...
I am the one driving home I informed my wife that missing the SB would be a supreme disappointment. I think I'll get her to do the "heavy lifting".
PAYING VERY HANDSOMELY FOR THE "O" IN THE 2009 DREW BLEDSOE BY THE LETTER SET. WILL PAY $25 FINDERS FEE IF YOU DIRECT ME TO ONE AND I AM ABLE TO MAKE A DEAL (eBay and COMC listings NOT APPLICABLE/REDEEMABLE)
ssbledsoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 09:33 PM   #38 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
I am seeking advice. I need to know which baseball card forum has moderators that do not moderate with the style of soviet-era China.
As I am researching storage space efficancy tomorrow, I will also look into this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssbledsoe View Post
But. But. But.

I am the one driving home I informed my wife that missing the SB would be a supreme disappointment. I think I'll get her to do the "heavy lifting".
Do you have to drive your in-laws home?
Old 02-02-2013, 09:36 PM   #39 (permalink)

We just started teaching "specials" to the kids at the school I work at, and I was pegged with music class on Mondays. This Monday is my first one and so I'll now be teaching a 45 minute "music class" to about 30 kids, all of whom have major behavior problems or ADHD or both. And musically, I played some strings growing up but I'm definitely not a music teacher. So I'm worried I will fry alive this coming Monday, if not ensuing Mondays.

So...what should I teach on Monday?

SpastikMooss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 09:39 PM   #40 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpastikMooss View Post
We just started teaching "specials" to the kids at the school I work at, and I was pegged with music class on Mondays. This Monday is my first one and so I'll now be teaching a 45 minute "music class" to about 30 kids, all of whom have major behavior problems or ADHD or both. And musically, I played some strings growing up but I'm definitely not a music teacher. So I'm worried I will fry alive this coming Monday, if not ensuing Mondays.

Teach the different values different notes have and/or solfege (do re mi fa sol la ti do)
Old 02-02-2013, 09:39 PM   #41 (permalink)

Quote:
As I am researching storage space efficancy tomorrow, I will also look into this.

Do you have to drive your in-laws home?
Yes. My other BIL, whom I believe is back on "the drugs", left this evening so he could be home tomorrow for a "group project meeting" tomorrow am for one of his college classes. So I'm the designated driver...
PAYING VERY HANDSOMELY FOR THE "O" IN THE 2009 DREW BLEDSOE BY THE LETTER SET. WILL PAY $25 FINDERS FEE IF YOU DIRECT ME TO ONE AND I AM ABLE TO MAKE A DEAL (eBay and COMC listings NOT APPLICABLE/REDEEMABLE)
ssbledsoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 09:40 PM   #42 (permalink)

Quote:

Music can be very therapeutic. Maybe you could teach the art of listening to music. You could have the kids bring in some music they like (for a following Monday, of course) as long as it doesn't contain anything inappropriate for everyone to hear. You could also have them try to identify certain instruments, etc. How old are the children you teach?
Old 02-02-2013, 09:45 PM   #43 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostyagain View Post
Teach the different values different notes have and/or solfege (do re mi fa sol la ti do)
Quote:
Music can be very therapeutic. Maybe you could teach the art of listening to music. You could have the kids bring in some music they like (for a following Monday, of course) as long as it doesn't contain anything inappropriate for everyone to hear. You could also have them try to identify certain instruments, etc. How old are the children you teach?
Should've led with age, mixed ages, youngest is 7 oldest is 14 (1-8). I was thinking of starting with listening to talk about note values, rhythm, etc. for this Monday but then on Friday during PH groups (they have two hour-long psych groups in the morning that focus on feelings/family/behaviors/etc,) one of the therapists did a thing where she played songs and had the kids write their feelings. Worried I'd be a bit overkill if we did listening, and also some of the more restless kids then wanted to get up and dance and get in the face of their peers, which is tough in my room of 10 kids but is even tougher in a room of 30 obviously haha.

But I still may go with something like that. I like the instrument idea a lot though too! I'm also thinking in the future of potentially doing a group thing for song writing since I teach inner city and most of the kids only like rap. Could work on vocab, writing in general, rhythms, etc. with that. But that's down the road for sure.

Old 02-02-2013, 09:48 PM   #44 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssbledsoe View Post
Yes. My other BIL, whom I believe is back on "the drugs", left this evening so he could be home tomorrow for a "group project meeting" tomorrow am for one of his college classes. So I'm the designated driver...
My orginal answer stands...SOL. I would make your wife responsible for telling them about the time frame, etc. It is always better to come from a direct relation.
Old 02-02-2013, 09:56 PM   #45 (permalink)

Quote:
Should've led with age, mixed ages, youngest is 7 oldest is 14 (1-8). I was thinking of starting with listening to talk about note values, rhythm, etc. for this Monday but then on Friday during PH groups (they have two hour-long psych groups in the morning that focus on feelings/family/behaviors/etc,) one of the therapists did a thing where she played songs and had the kids write their feelings. Worried I'd be a bit overkill if we did listening, and also some of the more restless kids then wanted to get up and dance and get in the face of their peers, which is tough in my room of 10 kids but is even tougher in a room of 30 obviously haha.

But I still may go with something like that. I like the instrument idea a lot though too! I'm also thinking in the future of potentially doing a group thing for song writing since I teach inner city and most of the kids only like rap. Could work on vocab, writing in general, rhythms, etc. with that. But that's down the road for sure.
What you could do is find a simple rap, and then explain the different lengths of the notes and rests.
Old 02-02-2013, 09:57 PM   #46 (permalink)

Quote:
What you could do is find a simple rap, and then explain the different lengths of the notes and rests.
Sounds pretty solid. I was sort of thinking introducing some terms with a song and then doing some compare contrast with other songs to show how the differences in length/rests/rhythms/notes/etc. work. Obviously starting smaller and then getting more complex as we go.

Old 02-02-2013, 10:02 PM   #47 (permalink)

Quote:
Sounds pretty solid. I was sort of thinking introducing some terms with a song and then doing some compare contrast with other songs to show how the differences in length/rests/rhythms/notes/etc. work. Obviously starting smaller and then getting more complex as we go.
Do you intend on teaching note values with the "Takadimi" method?
Old 02-02-2013, 10:06 PM   #48 (permalink)

Quote:
Do you intend on teaching note values with the "Takadimi" method?
When I was taught in strings we did "ta" and "taka" which I guess is similar to Takadimi (I had to google it haha). So I would say yes, I was probably going to do ta-ka-ta-ka but I like how Ta-ka-di-mi differentiates more.

Old 02-02-2013, 10:14 PM   #49 (permalink)

As I'm sure most everyone here is aware of, my brother-in-law and I don't get along. I mean, we REALLY don't get along. I feel like I've tried everything with him. I even sucked it up and let him and his family come on a trip with my wife and I (he invited himself!).

Our hostile relationship has nearly led to physical confrontations, something I'd never want. I feel like I've tried everything with this guy, and nothing seems to work. Any advice?

For those interested, here's a little log of our family vacation to Syracuse, along with some other experiences: I Need To Vent
Old 02-02-2013, 10:29 PM   #50 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
As I'm sure most everyone here is aware of, my brother-in-law and I don't get along. I mean, we REALLY don't get along. I feel like I've tried everything with him. I even sucked it up and let him and his family come on a trip with my wife and I (he invited himself!).

Our hostile relationship has nearly led to physical confrontations, something I'd never want. I feel like I've tried everything with this guy, and nothing seems to work. Any advice?

For those interested, here's a little log of our family vacation to Syracuse, along with some other experiences: I Need To Vent
Yes, organized boxing match. I think you can take him, he sounds like a total pansy.