Blowout Cards Forums
This Just In

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2013, 11:38 PM   #51 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
As I'm sure most everyone here is aware of, my brother-in-law and I don't get along. I mean, we REALLY don't get along. I feel like I've tried everything with him. I even sucked it up and let him and his family come on a trip with my wife and I (he invited himself!).

Our hostile relationship has nearly led to physical confrontations, something I'd never want. I feel like I've tried everything with this guy, and nothing seems to work. Any advice?
For those interested, here's a little log of our family vacation to Syracuse, along with some other experiences: I Need To Vent
Josie I have this one....

You have 2 options

1. Beat him to death with a baseball bat. Stuff his dead body into the trunk. Drive to Buffalo and drop his rotting corpse in the most sketchy area you can find. It solves your problem AND raises the property values of the area where you dump him.

2. Next time he speaks to you inform him of #1.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/jon-s-box-breaks-and-more
jlzinck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 11:51 PM   #52 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlzinck View Post
Josie I have this one....

You have 2 options

1. Beat him to death with a baseball bat. Stuff his dead body into the trunk. Drive to Buffalo and drop his rotting corpse in the most sketchy area you can find. It solves your problem AND raises the property values of the area where you dump him.

2. Next time he speaks to you inform him of #1.
Thank you, Jon! That is stellar advice!
Old 02-02-2013, 11:58 PM   #53 (permalink)

Well, I will be signing off for the night as my shift at work is over. Please keep the questions coming and I will answer them tomorrow. Also, love the participation helping fellow members out with their hard hitting questions.
Old 02-03-2013, 12:00 AM   #54 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffro318 View Post
I have a small 1 story house with 3 beds and 2 bathes but I have no basement or garage for storage just a small shed.. I'm married with 1 child and another on the way. My question is do you have any ideas to minimize the space my huge card collection and other crap takes up? Thank you
You could always store it where my wife wants to put mine. In the fire place.
RIP PAPAJIM
Sabrina Cortellessa

Last edited by marino5084; 02-03-2013 at 12:04 AM.
marino5084 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 12:09 AM   #55 (permalink)

Thanks for the help guys, I'll add a new question!

So my wife and I just bought our first house and recently moved in, and I'm loving it. The previous owners were lazy mfers and didn't clean a lot, which blew because we had to sweep/wax/vacuum/etc. everything, but it's also nice because they left us some actually usable stuff. my favorite of which is a pool table, something I have always wanted.

Now it's not a functional pool table...they used it as a table and putting random stuff on it ripped up quite a bit of the felt on top and also got paint and other stains onto the top varnish. Additionally, there are no true pockets in the pocket holes, so it's really just 6 holes in the corner of the pool table that lead into the interior of the table. On the plus side, the underside seems pretty good and it's level as is.

My question is this - if I want to renovate this table, am I in way over my head or does this sound doable? I've never done anything like this before but if I could make it into a usable pool table I think I would spend every waking minute of my non-work life down in the basement playing pool from that day on.

Side question - so their basement has some bugs as some do, and there were some cobwebs in the pocket that have since been cleaned out. What do you think that odds are that spiders are living inside the table? And furthermore, what are the odds said spiders are chill whatever spiders versus something like a black widow (fun fact, they make cobwebs too sometimes!). Just wondering, adds some excitement to the renovation.

http://www.comc.com/Users/SpastikMooss
SpastikMooss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 12:18 AM   #56 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpastikMooss View Post
Side question - so their basement has some bugs as some do, and there were some cobwebs in the pocket that have since been cleaned out. What do you think that odds are that spiders are living inside the table? And furthermore, what are the odds said spiders are chill whatever spiders versus something like a black widow (fun fact, they make cobwebs too sometimes!). Just wondering, adds some excitement to the renovation.
I do not have an answer for you, but this is going to give me nightmares.
Old 02-03-2013, 12:25 AM   #57 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooosh View Post
I do not have an answer for you, but this is going to give me nightmares.
My wife pretty much refuses to go downstairs aside from laundry because the basement is "scary." It was part past owner clutter, part cobwebs, and part lighting (all the lights are pull down switch only so you have to walk through a bunch of the basement to turn on any lights).

I fixed the clutter and some of the cobwebs but she still doesn't want to go downstairs haha. Which is fine with me because I already have a "man cave" and now I can have a "man basement" too!

Old 02-03-2013, 12:50 AM   #58 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by marino5084 View Post
You could always store it where my wife wants to put mine. In the fire place.
Remind me not to get a fireplace
jeffro318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 12:52 AM   #59 (permalink)

Quote:
Remind me not to get a fireplace
We have one now! Luckily it's non functioning so my PC is safe!

Old 02-03-2013, 01:47 AM   #60 (permalink)

Quote:
Thanks for the help guys, I'll add a new question!

So my wife and I just bought our first house and recently moved in, and I'm loving it. The previous owners were lazy mfers and didn't clean a lot, which blew because we had to sweep/wax/vacuum/etc. everything, but it's also nice because they left us some actually usable stuff. my favorite of which is a pool table, something I have always wanted.

Now it's not a functional pool table...they used it as a table and putting random stuff on it ripped up quite a bit of the felt on top and also got paint and other stains onto the top varnish. Additionally, there are no true pockets in the pocket holes, so it's really just 6 holes in the corner of the pool table that lead into the interior of the table. On the plus side, the underside seems pretty good and it's level as is.

My question is this - if I want to renovate this table, am I in way over my head or does this sound doable? I've never done anything like this before but if I could make it into a usable pool table I think I would spend every waking minute of my non-work life down in the basement playing pool from that day on.

To get some new felt work done really isnt too bad price wise. There are a couple of games dealers down in Cincinnati you may want to check out that do service work on pool table and pinball machines. Sounds like you may get alot of entertainment from it.
cruiserdaddy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 01:49 AM   #61 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiserdaddy7 View Post
To get some new felt work done really isnt too bad price wise. There are a couple of games dealers down in Cincinnati you may want to check out that do service work on pool table and pinball machines. Sounds like you may get alot of entertainment from it.
Cool, thanks much for the help cruiser!

Old 02-03-2013, 02:02 AM   #62 (permalink)

Hey spastik the felt is pretty easy and a question do you have a 1 piece slate or 3? Or maybe 2 heck I don't know
Old 02-03-2013, 02:04 AM   #63 (permalink)

Quote:
Hey spastik the felt is pretty easy and a question do you have a 1 piece slate or 3? Or maybe 2 heck I don't know
No idea haha. It's a really light table so it's nothing fancy, which made it sounds like 3 piece (one site I was on said real fancy are 3, bar type is usually 1, home is usually 3). But personally I have no idea.

Old 02-03-2013, 03:21 AM   #64 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosieDively View Post
Thank you, Jon! That is stellar advice!
This is,hands down,the funniest advice column I have ever read...thanks for the laughs!
ld8759 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 12:49 AM   #65 (permalink)

I didn't know what to do so I threw it all out with the trash..
Old 02-04-2013, 12:51 AM   #66 (permalink)

Quote:
No idea haha. It's a really light table so it's nothing fancy, which made it sounds like 3 piece (one site I was on said real fancy are 3, bar type is usually 1, home is usually 3). But personally I have no idea.
If its light it may not even be slate, unless you are like he-man and just think its light
Old 02-04-2013, 01:17 AM   #67 (permalink)

Haha I am no He-man. It's probably not even slate. It's not cheap plastic (had one of those growing up as a kid) but I don't think it's far above that.

Old 02-04-2013, 10:26 AM   #68 (permalink)

Quote:
I didn't know what to do so I threw it all out with the trash..
You should have recycled them.

Do you have space under your bed? There are plastic creates you can get that fit perfectly under a bed. The only issue I could see is they would be very heavy but I am sure you are strong.
Old 02-04-2013, 10:46 AM   #69 (permalink)

Why am I such a sarcastic bitchy arsehole the past few weeks on this forum? Any steps I could take to improve my relations with fellow board members?
Old 02-04-2013, 01:40 PM   #70 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray27Ray52 View Post
Why am I such a sarcastic bitchy arsehole the past few weeks on this forum? Any steps I could take to improve my relations with fellow board members?
There could be several reasons:

A. There are a lot of numb nuts on this site and after awhile they get annoying
B. something is carrying over from your personal life
C. Some of your basic needs may not be getting met

Solutions:

A. Treat everyone as if they are a child. Everything is new and exciting to them and we have to have some extra patience to deal with them
B. use this as your stress relief and leave the world behind
C. Eat, f*ck, sleep, repeat
Old 02-04-2013, 02:19 PM   #71 (permalink)

Quote:
There could be several reasons:

A. There are a lot of numb nuts on this site and after awhile they get annoying
B. something is carrying over from your personal life
C. Some of your basic needs may not be getting met

Solutions:

A. Treat everyone as if they are a child. Everything is new and exciting to them and we have to have some extra patience to deal with them
B. use this as your stress relief and leave the world behind
C. Eat, f*ck, sleep, repeat
Can you speak to my wife about item C? I dont think she understands the concept and she isn't buying my explanation...
mainerunr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 02:24 PM   #72 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainerunr View Post
Can you speak to my wife about item C? I dont think she understands the concept and she isn't buying my explanation...
What is your explanation? You may be speaking in man and I can help translate it for you.
Old 02-04-2013, 02:38 PM   #73 (permalink)

Addiction studies you say?
Old 02-04-2013, 02:54 PM   #74 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ageofreason13 View Post
Addiction studies you say?
Yes, that is correct. I went to school to be an addictions counselor.
Old 02-04-2013, 04:34 PM   #75 (permalink)

Quote:
Yes, that is correct. I went to school to be an addictions counselor.
Interesting...I'm an addict, been to inpatient rehab five times and outpatient rehab three times (I'm not joking either)...currently I've been sober for about six months which is a long time for me. Just wanted to throw that out there...
Unemployed 30-40 year old white suburban window licker who hasn't been laid in years but makes up for in compulsive masturbation. Addictive personality who may have just quit drugs and substitutes with wax and internet chat forums. Antisocial behavior in which he rarely leaves the house to socialize. Financially still supported by his parents. Total loser.
death2redemptions is online now   Reply With Quote