Blowout Cards Forums
Football promo

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2013, 11:25 AM   #1 (permalink)
Member
 
japes3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Cleveland
Posts: 526
Default Looking to buy a Laptop, need help...

I like the Sony Vaios...my family has one and has never had a problem with it.

I am looking to go that route.


I just don't really know what I need or don't need for that matter.

I don't want to get anything touch screen, I do not need that.



I mainly use my computer to sell stuff on ebay. Use the internet. And use it for work purposes -- Microsoft and such.

I do not play games on the computer or anything.



What kind of memory, and ram should I be looking to get then?


I appreciate any and all opinions, thanks.
japes3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:35 AM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
avjp87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 10,986
Send a message via AIM to avjp87
Default

you answered your own question
__________________
Ray27Ray52:
"53% constitutes a majority? Good to know."
avjp87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:37 AM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
japes3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Cleveland
Posts: 526
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by avjp87 View Post
you answered your own question


To a degree, I know what kind, just have no cluse what I need on memory or ram and everything, wasn't sure what to get.

I see the fdifference in price between 450 and 750. So I assume there are a lot of differences, I am not so fluent in computers to know what I need and do not need really.

Thats my problem.
japes3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:39 AM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
Chaddie84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Fargo, ND
Posts: 6,154
Default

I'm not a computer genious or anything, but I'm going to say that the $750 one is faster than the $450 one. It depends on if you value your time that much.

I'm in the boat where I'll spend another $500 on a laptop to get that performance if it saves me 10 minutes a day waiting for stuff to load up.
__________________
COMC Prices Dropped and Auto-Accept set to 20%!
Chaddie84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:43 AM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
avjp87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 10,986
Send a message via AIM to avjp87
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes3 View Post
To a degree, I know what kind, just have no cluse what I need on memory or ram and everything, wasn't sure what to get.

I see the fdifference in price between 450 and 750. So I assume there are a lot of differences, I am not so fluent in computers to know what I need and do not need really.

Thats my problem.
well for what you intend on using it for, memory and ram are the two things you want to look at. and honestly, you really won't see a HUGE difference between the $450 and $750 one unless you beat the hell out of them when it comes to use and the amount of storage you use on them. know what I mean?

laptops in general are getting cheaper and cheaper. go with the $450 one if you want, you'll be satisfied with it.
__________________
Ray27Ray52:
"53% constitutes a majority? Good to know."
avjp87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:50 AM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
japes3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Cleveland
Posts: 526
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by avjp87 View Post
well for what you intend on using it for, memory and ram are the two things you want to look at. and honestly, you really won't see a HUGE difference between the $450 and $750 one unless you beat the hell out of them when it comes to use and the amount of storage you use on them. know what I mean?

laptops in general are getting cheaper and cheaper. go with the $450 one if you want, you'll be satisfied with it.


Ok, thanks. I wasn't sure if there was a huge difference. It was like 4 compared to 6 on RAM.

I should know this stuff, I am only 26. But I just use computers and not very good with how they work. haha.
japes3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:53 AM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
Chaddie84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Fargo, ND
Posts: 6,154
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes3 View Post
Ok, thanks. I wasn't sure if there was a huge difference. It was like 4 compared to 6 on RAM.

I should know this stuff, I am only 26. But I just use computers and not very good with how they work. haha.
I'm just having a little fun .

I'm guessing a new computer, so it's running Windows 8? RAM was a big issue with Vista, but Microsoft really got their crap together with Windows 7/8, so it's not as critical unless you are a hardcore multitasker. Some of my older junk computers (1-2 GB of RAM) run 2-3x faster by just rolling them into Windows 7.

I don't know the processor equivalent. I use Dell, and going from an i5 to i7 was a huge jump as well.

Lastly, if you have the funds, get a SOLID STATE HARD DRIVE!
__________________
COMC Prices Dropped and Auto-Accept set to 20%!
Chaddie84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:56 AM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
avjp87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 10,986
Send a message via AIM to avjp87
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes3 View Post
Ok, thanks. I wasn't sure if there was a huge difference. It was like 4 compared to 6 on RAM.

I should know this stuff, I am only 26. But I just use computers and not very good with how they work. haha.
the more RAM on a computer lets the computer do a bunch of crap at the same time without interfering with the performance and speed of everything. So if you got the 6 of RAM, of course it'll be faster but like I said before, it won't make a huge difference for what you're doing.

no problem man, im 25 and went to school for computers and I still don't know half the sh!t out there lol
__________________
Ray27Ray52:
"53% constitutes a majority? Good to know."
avjp87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 12:18 PM   #9 (permalink)
Member
 
mainerunr's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,541
Default

For the things you are doing, the $450 one is probably fine.

With windows 7/8, unless you're doing something that requires a lot of memory, 4gb is fine (heck, I just upgraded the desktop system my son uses from XP to Windows 8 and that only has 3gb. works fine for the games he plays).

Seriously, browsing the web, watching youtube videos and whatnot, word and excel, even powerpoint dont require a beast of a system. I think a lot of people spend a lot more than they need to on computers.

If you had said you were editing a ton of photos with photoshop/lightroom, editing video, etc I'd worry more about processor speed, amount of RAM and storage. (and even then, my wife has a quad core with 6gb of ram and 500gb hard drive and it works perfect for editing RAW photos...and it cost under $900 2 years ago to boot).
mainerunr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 01:43 PM   #10 (permalink)
Member
 
japes3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Cleveland
Posts: 526
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainerunr View Post
For the things you are doing, the $450 one is probably fine.

With windows 7/8, unless you're doing something that requires a lot of memory, 4gb is fine (heck, I just upgraded the desktop system my son uses from XP to Windows 8 and that only has 3gb. works fine for the games he plays).

Seriously, browsing the web, watching youtube videos and whatnot, word and excel, even powerpoint dont require a beast of a system. I think a lot of people spend a lot more than they need to on computers.

If you had said you were editing a ton of photos with photoshop/lightroom, editing video, etc I'd worry more about processor speed, amount of RAM and storage. (and even then, my wife has a quad core with 6gb of ram and 500gb hard drive and it works perfect for editing RAW photos...and it cost under $900 2 years ago to boot).


Thanks, this was helpful. It is excatly what I am trying to avoid, over paying for somehting I am not going to need/use. No point.
japes3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 02:10 PM   #11 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host
 
tajikey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Visalia, CA
Posts: 12,893
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes3 View Post
Thanks, this was helpful. It is excatly what I am trying to avoid, over paying for somehting I am not going to need/use. No point.
You just defined a Mac
tajikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 02:15 PM   #12 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 12,478
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tajikey View Post
You just defined a Mac
Instead of looking at it from a negative aspect, try looking at it from a overall experience aspect of investing in yourself for enjoyment with what little time you have for pleasure?

A BMW M3 is much more expensive than a Honda Civic. Does that make the BMW M3 a waste of money?

UD Exquisite is much more expensive than Topps Chrome. Does that make exquisite a waste of money? I mean you get an auto from chrome just like you do from exquisite.

WHen you take out quality and reliability out of the equation, everything is the same. While you're at it, why not buy a 10yrs 8lb laptop with Windows 3.1 on it? Its the same thing as buying a brand new PC laptop today!!!! Itll do the exact same thing for $50. Surf the net, copy cut and paste and open up MS office. You dont even need a new laptop, you can do it with a 10yr old laptop as well.
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 04:55 PM   #13 (permalink)
Member
 
mainerunr's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,541
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
Instead of looking at it from a negative aspect, try looking at it from a overall experience aspect of investing in yourself for enjoyment with what little time you have for pleasure?

A BMW M3 is much more expensive than a Honda Civic. Does that make the BMW M3 a waste of money?

UD Exquisite is much more expensive than Topps Chrome. Does that make exquisite a waste of money? I mean you get an auto from chrome just like you do from exquisite.

WHen you take out quality and reliability out of the equation, everything is the same. While you're at it, why not buy a 10yrs 8lb laptop with Windows 3.1 on it? Its the same thing as buying a brand new PC laptop today!!!! Itll do the exact same thing for $50. Surf the net, copy cut and paste and open up MS office. You dont even need a new laptop, you can do it with a 10yr old laptop as well.
OK, we get it, YOU enjoy using your Mac. That does not mean that everybody finds Macs more enjoyable to use than PCs...just that you do. (and yes, I understand someone took a jab at Macs first).

Your argument is a little disingenuous, you couldnt buy a laptop 10 years ago that ran windows 3.1...it would have been XP or Vista (and if it was Vista, I understand why you went Mac, I skipped that whole debacle). Really though, my son was using a P4 desktop with 768mb of RAM, a 256mb graphics card and 80gb hard drive for surfing the web and watching youtube videos. That computer was older than he is (almost 11), was heavily used by me before I bought my $400 laptop and it never had a problem...ever.

Seriously, the 'reliability' argument doesnt fly. Those I know with Macs have as many problems as those I know with PC's (the difference is those with Macs pay at the Apple store to get it fixed while those with PCs call me) and those who know what they are doing dont have any problems on either side of things. And btw, some would argue that the Civic is more reliable than the M3 so you might want to refine that point too...
mainerunr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 05:02 PM   #14 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 12,478
Default

My point was when you take quality and reliability out of the equation, it really comes down to choice. I cant control how you use your device. But I can compare the quality of both.

Im in no way telling the guy to buy a mac unlike you PC guys that use the mentality (Buy PC or be a moron). What im saying is its personal choice. Just like buying a car and the reasons why you buy a certain car eventhough they both do exactly the same (Get you from point a to b).

My argument is more about spending money the way you want without having someone else telling you how they feel about it. $400 laptop vs $1500 laptop. Virtually no difference at the end of the day especially when youll spend that money in the near future anyways. Thats how I see things. Why not treat yourself? I mean you worked hard for it and earned it right!! lol
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 05:10 PM   #15 (permalink)
Member
 
boombaby_rm31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Ottawa, ON, CANADA!
Posts: 2,641
Send a message via Skype™ to boombaby_rm31
Default

any 400-500 dollar laptop with windows 8
__________________
always looking for indiana pacers cards
http://s898.photobucket.com/user/pacer_pan/library/

@boombaby_rm31
boombaby_rm31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 05:11 PM   #16 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host
 
tajikey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Visalia, CA
Posts: 12,893
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
My point was when you take quality and reliability out of the equation, it really comes down to choice. I cant control how you use your device. But I can compare the quality of both.

Im in no way telling the guy to buy a mac unlike you PC guys that use the mentality (Buy PC or be a moron). What im saying is its personal choice. Just like buying a car and the reasons why you buy a certain car eventhough they both do exactly the same (Get you from point a to b).

My argument is more about spending money the way you want without having someone else telling you how they feel about it. $400 laptop vs $1500 laptop. Virtually no difference at the end of the day especially when youll spend that money in the near future anyways. Thats how I see things. Why not treat yourself? I mean you worked hard for it and earned it right!! lol
To be fair, I'm not a PC guy. I prefer to shop smart, not siloed.

A Mac costing more does not correlate to a Mac being of higher quality. I can do just as much on a Windows or Linux based computer as I can using OSX in any variation. Different strokes for different folks, J.

And I wouldn't use the car analogy, cause a Mac is NOT a BMW, or Mercedes, or Acura, or any kind of luxury-like item, it's a computer. Just like a Windows-based computer, Macs have "players" in the low-end side (by specs, as Mac doesn't know low-end price), much like a PC (Asus, Acer, Gateway, Dell), it's just that the Apple "Brand" assumes quality, when in reality, it moreso represents smoke and mirrors.
tajikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 05:14 PM   #17 (permalink)
Member
 
Strasburg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Empire State✈
Posts: 5,680
Send a message via Skype™ to Strasburg
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes3 View Post
I like the Sony Vaios...my family has one and has never had a problem with it.

I am looking to go that route.


I just don't really know what I need or don't need for that matter.

I don't want to get anything touch screen, I do not need that.



I mainly use my computer to sell stuff on ebay. Use the internet. And use it for work purposes -- Microsoft and such.

I do not play games on the computer or anything.



What kind of memory, and ram should I be looking to get then?


I appreciate any and all opinions, thanks.
Are you airjapes, the fifa commentator?
__________________
PC: Miguel Maysonet, Trevor Bauer, Michael Egnew,Giovanni Carmazzi, Dax McCarty, Shaq Evans, US Soccer
http://photobucket.com/albums/y359/nv7lax
Chelsea FC US Soccer NY Jets✈ Penguins Ducks Red Bulls
Sent from U.S Airways WiFi
Strasburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 05:20 PM   #18 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 12,478
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tajikey View Post
To be fair, I'm not a PC guy. I prefer to shop smart, not siloed.

A Mac costing more does not correlate to a Mac being of higher quality. I can do just as much on a Windows or Linux based computer as I can using OSX in any variation. Different strokes for different folks, J.

And I wouldn't use the car analogy, cause a Mac is NOT a BMW, or Mercedes, or Acura, or any kind of luxury-like item, it's a computer. Just like a Windows-based computer, Macs have "players" in the low-end side (by specs, as Mac doesn't know low-end price), much like a PC (Asus, Acer, Gateway, Dell), it's just that the Apple "Brand" assumes quality, when in reality, it moreso represents smoke and mirrors.
Again, my point is on choice. We make choices in life. Whether it be a Mac or PC or a Honda over a BMW.

As for Macs and quality? In my opinion Macs are better quality than most PC laptops. Everything from material to design. I cant speak for others, but none of my macs have ever had any issues aside from me draining batteries like a mofo (based more on use). The only time I buy a new mac is when im looking for a new one, not because my old is bunk!!

Apple as a brand is more about recognition of quality product. There is no smoke or mirrors to that. Its just simple brand recognition that is associated with quality. I dont make it up, the consumer market notes that. Hence why apple has such a loyal following. I bring this up because one of my recent projects was studying the loyalty of brand recognition. Believe me it has less to do with "misinformed" consumers and more with "happy/satisfied" consumers. Whether marketing plays a role or not, recognition and support comes from a consumers past experience than it does from being misinformed.
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 05:26 PM   #19 (permalink)
Member
 
Chaddie84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Fargo, ND
Posts: 6,154
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tajikey View Post
To be fair, I'm not a PC guy. I prefer to shop smart, not siloed.

A Mac costing more does not correlate to a Mac being of higher quality. I can do just as much on a Windows or Linux based computer as I can using OSX in any variation. Different strokes for different folks, J.

And I wouldn't use the car analogy, cause a Mac is NOT a BMW, or Mercedes, or Acura, or any kind of luxury-like item, it's a computer. Just like a Windows-based computer, Macs have "players" in the low-end side (by specs, as Mac doesn't know low-end price), much like a PC (Asus, Acer, Gateway, Dell), it's just that the Apple "Brand" assumes quality, when in reality, it moreso represents smoke and mirrors.
When did this conversation turn into Mac vs. PC?

I don't know why, but I have to share this

MacBook Air (Parody) - YouTube
__________________
COMC Prices Dropped and Auto-Accept set to 20%!
Chaddie84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 05:30 PM   #20 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host
 
tajikey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Visalia, CA
Posts: 12,893
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
Again, my point is on choice. We make choices in life. Whether it be a Mac or PC or a Honda over a BMW.

As for Macs and quality? In my opinion Macs are better quality than most PC laptops. Everything from material to design. I cant speak for others, but none of my macs have ever had any issues aside from me draining batteries like a mofo (based more on use). The only time I buy a new mac is when im looking for a new one, not because my old is bunk!!

Apple as a brand is more about recognition of quality product. There is no smoke or mirrors to that. Its just simple brand recognition that is associated with quality. I dont make it up, the consumer market notes that. Hence why apple has such a loyal following. I bring this up because one of my recent projects was studying the loyalty of brand recognition. Believe me it has less to do with "misinformed" consumers and more with "happy/satisfied" consumers. Whether marketing plays a role or not, recognition and support comes from a consumers past experience than it does from being misinformed.
Apple's brand recognition is so prominent because they were once an innovative company. The iPod revolutionized how we listen to music, iTunes revolutionized how we obtain and access our music, and the iPhone basically joined those two forces, while adding a tertiary, yet most important quality, cellular chip. Because Apple got such an early lead in these markets, there was plenty of time for them to build and maintain a strong userbase. And because of this strong userbase, people are less willing and more reluctant to jump ship from something they know how to use, to something that works better.

Innovation becomes less important when you've turned the consumer from a person to a lamb. I was once part of the Apple flock, but with all of the bullsh!t product they've released, and all the lies they've spewed, they've turned into a mass of garbage.

Granted, I speak out against Apple more than for, but that's because they've given up on being innovative, and moreso turned to a company that releases new product because A) people will buy it, and B) people will buy it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaddie84 View Post
When did this conversation turn into Mac vs. PC?

I don't know why, but I have to share this

MacBook Air (Parody) - YouTube
It usually ends up that way when J and I get involved. Since the OP got his answer already, we took the liberty to beat a dead horse

Last edited by tajikey; 02-05-2013 at 05:33 PM.
tajikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 05:44 PM   #21 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 12,478
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tajikey View Post
Apple's brand recognition is so prominent because they were once an innovative company. The iPod revolutionized how we listen to music, iTunes revolutionized how we obtain and access our music, and the iPhone basically joined those two forces, while adding a tertiary, yet most important quality, cellular chip. Because Apple got such an early lead in these markets, there was plenty of time for them to build and maintain a strong userbase. And because of this strong userbase, people are less willing and more reluctant to jump ship from something they know how to use, rather than something that works better.

Innovation becomes less important when you've turned the consumer from a person to a lamb. I was once part of the Apple flock, but with all of the bullsh!t product they've released, and all the lies they've spewed, they've turned into a mass of garbage.

Granted, I speak out against Apple more than for, but that's because they've given up on being innovative, and moreso turned to a company that releases new product because A) people will buy it, and B) people will buy it.
On the first highlight. Apple never had an early lead. When Apple came to the market place with their iphone, Nokia N series was killing the market. HTC was still making bulky flip versions of their supposed smartphone via Kyocera. Blackberry was touting their secure server with BBM. Just who in the marketplace was actually offering any device on a social level that gave you everything? You're right they merged 2 great products into 1. Thats not innovation. Thats logical. Combine 2 "need to carry with me" products and sell them on another platform!!

The iphone does as much as any smartphone on the market does. The consumer has become too anxious for the next thing. The impatience leads them to believe companies are too behind the curve for their consumption rate. This has more to do with maximizing revenue potential and future forecast than it does with keeping up with the curve. From a business point, makes total sense. Why cannibalize your own product by putting something out that is better than cheaper when the original is still selling? This is what killed Siemens / Nokia off pretty fast.

It just gets old hearing how apple hasnt put out something crazy life changing yet those who cry about also tote how samsung is awesome yet they keep putting out the same thing with a new name. S1, S2, S3, Note1, Note1. They play the same game but get a free pass!!

The most important thing to note is that the choice is out there! Everyone has choice!

The the OP.. all you have to do to find what fits best for your needs is start with the top priority basics. Budget, Quality and what makes you happy!

Ive said this before and say it again... Why spend $700 on an item and question yourself on why you didnt spend $1500 for the item you really wanted...when you can spend $1500 on it and be happy. Spending $700 for something that you dont want is a waste or money.
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 08:56 PM   #22 (permalink)
Member
 
Nicnac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 8,264
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tajikey View Post
Apple's brand recognition is so prominent because they were once an innovative company. The iPod revolutionized how we listen to music, iTunes revolutionized how we obtain and access our music, and the iPhone basically joined those two forces, while adding a tertiary, yet most important quality, cellular chip. Because Apple got such an early lead in these markets, there was plenty of time for them to build and maintain a strong userbase. And because of this strong userbase, people are less willing and more reluctant to jump ship from something they know how to use, to something that works better.

Innovation becomes less important when you've turned the consumer from a person to a lamb. I was once part of the Apple flock, but with all of the bullsh!t product they've released, and all the lies they've spewed, they've turned into a mass of garbage.

Granted, I speak out against Apple more than for, but that's because they've given up on being innovative, and moreso turned to a company that releases new product because A) people will buy it, and B) people will buy it.



It usually ends up that way when J and I get involved. Since the OP got his answer already, we took the liberty to beat a dead horse
Incorrect. It usually begins when you comment in threads and force your viewpoint down everyone's throat, usually when they haven't asked for your viewpoint.

Case in point, this thread. First person to mention Apple... You. It's really quite sad really how much energy you devote to trolling threads to push an anti-Apple thread.

Let people use what they want to use. Why you gotta be a jerk about this one topic all the damn time?
Nicnac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 05:46 AM   #23 (permalink)
Member
 
sserrano49's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 864
Default

Personally I like Lenovo, Samsung, then Sony. I will never buy dell again. I've had to many computers with problems from them.
__________________
Collecting UFC, New York Yankees, New York Jets, Denver Nuggets.

http://s1088.beta.photobucket.com/user/sserrano49/library/Football%20For%20Sale
sserrano49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:33 AM   #24 (permalink)
Member
 
japes3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Cleveland
Posts: 526
Default

Yikes, this thread took a different direction, haha.

My sisters swear by apple computers. But I prefer a PC, just more comfortable with everything. Plus I dont have to spend as much cash!
japes3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:48 AM   #25 (permalink)
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 102
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes3 View Post
I like the Sony Vaios...my family has one and has never had a problem with it.

I am looking to go that route.


I just don't really know what I need or don't need for that matter.

I don't want to get anything touch screen, I do not need that.



I mainly use my computer to sell stuff on ebay. Use the internet. And use it for work purposes -- Microsoft and such.

I do not play games on the computer or anything.



What kind of memory, and ram should I be looking to get then?


I appreciate any and all opinions, thanks.
If you are just going to use the laptop for the internet and office, you don't need much of anything. I would by a used latitude for like $200 (have one of my own for the exact same reason) Has worked great for years with no problem.

If you are deadest on a Sony Vaio, then get the cheapest one possible.

Here is a good link
blowoutcards3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright © 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.