Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2013, 05:20 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default The Americans on FX

Not good premiere episode...GREAT!

Drama, action, sex, violence, spies, Mother Russia.......

It's a must see. DVR it!

FX at 10pm EST Wednesdays
Old 02-06-2013, 05:27 PM   #2 (permalink)
Banned

I was waiting for this show to air since it was first announced. Haven't had the time yet to watch the premiere though. Will let you know what I think of it when I've finally watched it.
Estephano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 06:15 PM   #3 (permalink)

So today will be the second episode? I'm thinking of watching it but need to see the first episode.
Old 02-06-2013, 06:28 PM   #4 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by death2redemptions View Post
So today will be the second episode? I'm thinking of watching it but need to see the first episode.
You can watch the pilot here: FX Networks - The Americans - Full Episodes and Exclusive Video
Old 02-06-2013, 07:11 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by death2redemptions View Post
do yourself the favor and watch...it is really that good.
Old 02-06-2013, 07:22 PM   #6 (permalink)
Banned

Btw darealstunna, I really like your signature and totally agree with it. BV is just theory, the reality out there is completly different! And sometimes a buyer offers way more than you'd have expected, so value in general is a personal and very individual thing.
Old 02-06-2013, 09:43 PM   #7 (permalink)
Banned

I just finished watching last week's pilot and I really liked the plot. The only thing that left me disappointed was the miserable work of the set designers and the make-up/costume department. While the script is really great, neither the sets nor the make-up & costumes look anything like the 80's. Watch "Scarecrow and Mrs. King", "Remington Steele" or "Heart to Heart" and you'll know what I'm referring to. Anyway, apart from these two downers I can oly recommand this show!
Old 02-07-2013, 09:40 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estephano View Post
Btw darealstunna, I really like your signature and totally agree with it. BV is just theory, the reality out there is completly different! And sometimes a buyer offers way more than you'd have expected, so value in general is a personal and very individual thing.
Cool. BV and EBay are merely tools/guidelines. Individual comfort is all that matters. I may spend $500 on a card that someone thinks is worth $20, oh well. I may also do the reverse...it is what it is.

Quote:
I just finished watching last week's pilot and I really liked the plot. The only thing that left me disappointed was the miserable work of the set designers and the make-up/costume department. While the script is really great, neither the sets nor the make-up & costumes look anything like the 80's. Watch "Scarecrow and Mrs. King", "Remington Steele" or "Heart to Heart" and you'll know what I'm referring to. Anyway, apart from these two downers I can oly recommand this show!
Great point! DVR'd ep 2 last night...about to watch it now.
Old 02-07-2013, 12:42 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
I felt the same way. It doesn't exactly have the feel of taking place 30 years ago. I've been impressed with the first two episodes thought. I'll keep watching.
Old 02-07-2013, 03:22 PM   #10 (permalink)

Episode 2 down....heating up.
Hop on board if not already.
Old 02-07-2013, 04:03 PM   #11 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

If COMCAST didn't suck, I wouldn't have missed the last 20 minutes of episode 1, unfortunately 2 different times the recording went fuzzy for 5 minutes and then when I tried to re-record the episode two nights ago, Comcast wouldn't record it, the DVR literally wouldn't recognize the fact that I wanted to record...DAMN YOU COMCAST!!!!!!!!!!! So pretty much I missed what the main guy did to the creeper that was hitting on his daughter in the mall and then everything after that...someone fill me in.
Old 02-07-2013, 04:14 PM   #12 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOMBB25 View Post
So pretty much I missed what the main guy did to the creeper that was hitting on his daughter in the mall and then everything after that...someone fill me in.
Why don't you watch the episodes online? I've provided the link to it further above.
Anyway, Phillip has another guy going to the lolita lover who was just having a BBQ in his backyard. He bet him up and pierceed his hand with the skewer that was on the grill and told him to stay away from teenage girls in future.
Stan Beeman, the new neighbour next door, is in fact an FBI counter intelligence agent breaks into Jennings' garage to check out the contents of the their car's trunk. Stan thinks he's unwatched, but Philip is next to him in the garage holding up a gun. He doesn't use the gun, but now he knows that Beeman isn't just the nice next-door neighbour he pretends to be and now that Beeman has a “friend” on the inside of the Russian embassy, the clock is definitely ticking.
Old 02-07-2013, 04:38 PM   #13 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
Why don't you watch the episodes online? I've provided the link to it further above.
Anyway, Phillip has another guy going to the lolita lover who was just having a BBQ in his backyard. He bet him up and pierceed his hand with the skewer that was on the grill and told him to stay away from teenage girls in future.
Stan Beeman, the new neighbour next door, is in fact an FBI counter intelligence agent breaks into Jennings' garage to check out the contents of the their car's trunk. Stan thinks he's unwatched, but Philip is next to him in the garage holding up a gun. He doesn't use the gun, but now he knows that Beeman isn't just the nice next-door neighbour he pretends to be and now that Beeman has a “friend” on the inside of the Russian embassy, the clock is definitely ticking.
because I am retarded

I guess I can check on-demand and see if it is up yet.....my mad rage at comcast took away my common-sense

Thanks for the info
Old 02-07-2013, 04:51 PM   #14 (permalink)
Banned

I never use DVR, I only go for VOD. Much easier to handle and always ready to be watched whenever I want to.
Old 02-14-2013, 12:26 PM   #15 (permalink)

Anyone else catch episode 3 last night?
Pretty good....
Old 02-14-2013, 12:34 PM   #16 (permalink)

Cable sex?

Passsssssssss.........
Old 02-14-2013, 03:58 PM   #17 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by darealstunna View Post
Anyone else catch episode 3 last night?
Pretty good....
I'm watching as I type, episode 2 was last week was great. Let's see if it's getting even better.

Btw, is anyone of you also watchign "Arrow" on The CW?
Old 02-14-2013, 08:09 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Anyway, Phillip has another guy going to the lolita lover who was just having a BBQ in his backyard. He beat him up and pierceed his hand with the skewer that was on the grill and told him to stay away from teenage girls in future.
Philip didn't have a friend beat up that guy. Philip beat him up. He was decked out in one of his disguises. Those disguises are awesome.

Quote:
I don't think Philip was in the garage standing next to Stan. I think Stan exited the garage and the scene showed Philip watching Stan from a room inside the house. I point this out not to be a jerk. I point it out because one thing that frustrates me with this show is there are many scenes in the dark which can be difficult to view on TV. But I understand any good spy show or movie is going to have scenes in the dark.
Old 02-14-2013, 08:22 PM   #19 (permalink)

Any idea when the third episode will be on the website? Forgot to watch last night.
Old 02-14-2013, 09:05 PM   #20 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambeauleap87 View Post
Any idea when the third episode will be on the website? Forgot to watch last night.
Here you go: The Americans - Season 1 Episode 3 | Flash Video Hosting
Old 02-15-2013, 02:42 PM   #21 (permalink)

Another money episode.

Definitely not as much sex as the first 2 episodes.

The story keeps getting better.
Old 02-26-2014, 09:59 PM   #22 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

To the top for the premiere of the new season.
WCTYSON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 10:34 PM   #23 (permalink)

30 more minutes. I'm ready for it
Old 02-28-2014, 09:24 PM   #24 (permalink)

Thank goodness for DVR...sooo busy lately!
darealstunna is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 10:05 PM   #25 (permalink)

Well I for one thought it was a damn fine season premier