Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2013, 06:07 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Silver coin help

Was browsing the misc buy and sell and see people sell dimes, quarters and other coins for good money. How can I tell if coins are silver? Is their a certain date. I have over 100$ in coins I can look through and an explanation would be cool. How do I tell if my coins are worth something?
RBKSNIPZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 06:29 PM   #2 (permalink)

Silver Coin Melt Values - Coinflation (Live Silver Prices)
Old 02-09-2013, 06:39 PM   #3 (permalink)

Dimes/quarters pre 1965 are silver so thats what your looking for.
Also if you flip them on the side a silver dime looks like a Canadian dime and is all silver with no copper color showing.
GLTY
Old 02-09-2013, 06:52 PM   #4 (permalink)

Thanx guys, also are silver rates going up now or how does that work. Bad economy means better value or what? Should I keep what I have or sell?
RBKSNIPZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 08:14 PM   #5 (permalink)

It depends if your talking real silver or paper silver.
IMO silver is a long term hold and we should expect a pop soon on both fronts.
Real silver holds a premium.. Silver is 31.40$ spot but as you can see online esp via ebay prices are 36-40$ an oz for premium bullion like eagles etc.
The pro is that you will get your silver right now where as if you order from a big broker it may take up to 8 weeks to get your silver (and who wants to wait that long).
Silvertowne is a great place to buy silver and an oz is 34$ but again sometimes it will take much longer to get your silver.

Another thing I like to so show silver value is gasoline. When dimes were made of silver how much was a gallong of gas? .10 cents. Today that same silver dime can buy you a gallon of gas if converted to usd. Funny

I think its a great investment and its universal and its in your hands.. not the bank, stock market, or some fund you have no control of.

Price of silver goes down when the fed says they will print more $$$ b/c that means they can kick the can down the raod even more and more $$ is pumped into the system = cheap credity/money. Price of silver goes up when they announce a crisis not just in America but any place that is tied to America (we are all connected in one way or another).
The paper market is manipulated which is why you may see big drops or jumps.
A ton of ppl incl myself lvg silver at 20-40% (which means I can control 100k of silver with 30k in cash) but if they call in the loan I must sell my silver at a loss or profit and cover that loan hence causing people to sell off large positions b/c they know other ppl will sell so they will wait until it bottoms.

GLTY!

Last edited by thor_rider08; 02-09-2013 at 08:17 PM.
thor_rider08 is offline   Reply With Quote