Blowout Cards Forums

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2013, 01:19 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Almost was just in a very serious accident

So I went out for a late night meal after the Arizona game, on my way home I'm going 45 mph (the speed limit) and out of the corner of my eye I see something maybe 5 feet off the side of the road to my right about 15-20 yards ahead of me maybe.

My eyes shift over and I see a deer, as I'm bringing my eye line right back to the center of the road another deer darts across the road from my left

I quickly hit the brakes (not all the way but to try and slow down as much as possible without the wheels locking) and quickly steer towards the direction the deer was running from as it wasn't stopping.

I had to have only missed hitting it by about a foot or two at most

My heart was beating so fast after that, I really don't know if I have ever felt just that much of an adrenaline rush before, it scared the freaking crap out of me

Somehow, my burrito on the passanger seat went flying forward into some shoes and crap on the floor but stayed perfectly in tact
zonacats8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 01:32 AM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonacats8 View Post
So I went out for a late night meal after the Arizona game, on my way home I'm going 45 mph (the speed limit) and out of the corner of my eye I see something maybe 5 feet off the side of the road to my right about 15-20 yards ahead of me maybe.

My eyes shift over and I see a deer, as I'm bringing my eye line right back to the center of the road another deer darts across the road from my left

I quickly hit the brakes (not all the way but to try and slow down as much as possible without the wheels locking) and quickly steer towards the direction the deer was running from as it wasn't stopping.

I had to have only missed hitting it by about a foot or two at most

My heart was beating so fast after that, I really don't know if I have ever felt just that much of an adrenaline rush before, it scared the freaking crap out of me

Somehow, my burrito on the passanger seat went flying forward into some shoes and crap on the floor but stayed perfectly in tact
My sister was in a car accident with two other people. The driver and my sister survived and the other passenger was killed.They hit a tree. My sister was in the hospital for quite some time. The police told her if the car hit any other way then the way it did they would all be dead. This was 15 years ago and she has still not gotten past it. You can tell to this day it really bothers her and we dont talk about it any more. I am glad you are ok. Be careful theres no coming back. Theres no place I need to go thats important enough for me to risk my life driving fast or driving in bad weather. I know thats not what happened here but even mistakes that are beyond your contol can be disasterous. Having a brush with death can seriously change a person.
Old 02-15-2013, 01:34 AM   #3 (permalink)

Glad you are safe and sound. Things like this when they happen to us or those around us- they make us remember to be happy to live another day.

collecting Quarterbacks ---> http://sportscardalbum.com/u/maninthemirror/a/quarterbacks
ManInTheMirror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 01:43 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cking View Post
My sister was in a car accident with two other people. The driver and my sister survived and the other passenger was killed.They hit a tree. My sister was in the hospital for quite some time. The police told her if the car hit any other way then the way it did they would all be dead. This was 15 years ago and she has still not gotten past it. You can tell to this day it really bothers her and we dont talk about it any more. I am glad you are ok. Be careful theres no coming back. Theres no place I need to go thats important enough for me to risk my life driving. I know thats not what happened here but even mistakes that are beyond your contol can be disasterous. Having a brush with death can seriously change a person.
Oh don't I know it, my parents, sister, and myself are all extremely lucky to even be alive today

When I was in the second grade we were on the highway going to the airport to visit my grandma, we were going 70 in the far left lane of a 4 lane highway when my dad looked in the rear view and saw someone flying up behind us. He tried to move over to the right as quickly as he could but they hit the back left side of the car that sent us spinning across all 4 lanes (around 3 times I think it was) and missed getting hit by a semi by about 5 feet, then rolled twice down a hill and through a fence somehow stopping on the tires.

Not a serious injury to anyone thanks to our seatbelts, my dad and sister were perfectly fine, my mom had some small glass fragments in the side of her face but it wasn't too bad, and I got cut by the glass 1/16th of an inch next to my eye, that could have been really bad.

Turns out it was a crackhead woman running from the cops and had hit someone 2 miles back too, her car died a few miles ahead and was arrested. The day she got out of jail she got high and stole a cop car, last thing I ever heard about her, hahaha

Our car was one of those station wagons where you could sit in the back facing the rear, but my parents never let us back there when we wee driving on the highway, thank god. My suitcase was missing when we got home from the hospital, found it at the junk yard 2 weeks later as it was hidden beneath the crushed metal, that would have been me or my sister had we been back there.

Last edited by zonacats8; 02-15-2013 at 01:45 AM.
zonacats8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 02:30 AM   #5 (permalink)

Glad to hear you're alright, and that your burrito made it out unscathed.
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote