Blowout Cards Forums

Blowout Cards Forums (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/)
-   Off Topic (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/off-topic/)
-   -   Scamming Poll (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/off-topic/454088-scamming-poll.html)

thebear29 02-15-2013 12:22 PM

Scamming Poll

I was taking some time and reading the Members Feedback section and I began to think how many members have been scammed or attempted to be scammed?
I personally have never been scammed on this site, but I do not buy or sell on the level others do. I am also very particular on who I deal with and join group breaks with. So go ahead and vote, share some tips with others to prevent others from being scammed. Please don't use this area to bash your scammer...Keep that in the Feedback section.

BostonNut 02-15-2013 12:30 PM

There are no tips to avoid being scammed.
[SIZE="6"][B][COLOR="Red"]
IT ALL COMES DOWN TO COMMON SENSE!!!!!!![/COLOR][/B][/SIZE]

People on here (it seems) are SO EAGER to get the deal of a lifetime that they make such easy pickings for the scammers.

I hate to say it this way but there are oodles of incredibly stupid people on this forum. Just use common sense before jumping all over something. If a deal seems too good to be true...it is.

Ooosh 02-15-2013 12:33 PM

Yes I have, I should known better though.

Bought into a break before release -- break happened and I think most people got their cards before the breaker was banned for scamming. I didn't receive mine and was out $80.

Orangejello727 02-15-2013 12:33 PM

Ive been scammed 2 or 3 times. 2 of which I got back from selling the debt at a discount. :)

TarjetasBéisbol 02-15-2013 12:38 PM

So...anyone who gets scammed is stupid???

I got scammed by a person on eBay that had excellent feedbacks and all of a sudden everything came crashing down....so does that make me stupid???

Yes, the deal was great, but with others dealing with the seller and getting their orders, why wouldn't I order from that seller?

Obviously you don't "hate to say it this way" if you said it.

asujbl 02-15-2013 12:40 PM

Got scammed on eBay by an 800 feedback seller. He just never sent and never replied to my messages. He got dinged with like 10 straight negative feedbacks so odds are he just wanted a loan from buyers so he posted a bunch of stuff he didn't have.

eBay refund my money - he never even tried to fight it - it was just a long ass process to get my cash back. Luckily I didn't need it at the time.

MI Rob 02-15-2013 01:02 PM

I was scammed once, but I got all my funds back.

Like BN said, most of it is common sense.

Orangejello727 02-15-2013 01:21 PM

[QUOTE=MI Rob;4261676]I was scammed once, but I got all my funds back.

Like BN said, most of it is common sense.[/QUOTE]

Common sense will save you so far.

There is a difference here when it comes to getting scammed. Being a victim first time by negligence is okay. But falling for the same mistake over and over derserves no sympathy!!

BostonNut 02-15-2013 01:27 PM

How do you get scammed on eBay if you follow all of the proper protocols put in place to protect you? :confused:

[QUOTE=TarjetasBéisbol;4261537]So...anyone who gets scammed is stupid???

I got scammed by a person on eBay that had excellent feedbacks and all of a sudden everything came crashing down....so does that make me stupid???

Yes, the deal was great, but with others dealing with the seller and getting their orders, why wouldn't I order from that seller?

Obviously you don't "hate to say it this way" if you said it.[/QUOTE]

tajikey 02-15-2013 01:34 PM

Received a random PM by a user here asking me about my location, searching for common ground to make me feel comfortable. He then proceeded to ask me if I would pay for something for HIM with MY PayPal, and he would send me concealed cash in a PWE.

I said I wouldn't be his mule.

oldgoldy97 02-15-2013 04:18 PM

Almost got stiffed by a couple people. One was an $8 card from a member with 100% feedback (and it turns out multiple aliases).

However, I did get my card from Haiku.

TarjetasBéisbol 02-15-2013 04:31 PM

If your money gets tied up for about a month, I would call it a scam.

TOMBB25 02-15-2013 04:57 PM

I was scammed but not throug this site, only once, won't be happening again.

MikeWilliamsFan 02-15-2013 06:28 PM

I've been scammed twice on here since I've really started in October :(. Some really good members on here but some really bad too

Nodie27 02-15-2013 06:33 PM

Luckily I have not been ripped off on the forums, unless you count Corbin stealing my heart.

death2redemptions 02-15-2013 06:48 PM

I'm just here for the drama

Zerokruel 02-15-2013 06:55 PM

[QUOTE=BostonNut;4261842]How do you get scammed on eBay if you follow all of the proper protocols put in place to protect you? :confused:[/QUOTE]

Is this serious, because it happened to me as a seller and I follow the rules to meet the standards for "Seller Protection". I still got bent over, and didn't get so much as a kiss on the cheek or slap on the ass.

Chaddie84 02-15-2013 08:59 PM

I've only been scammed once and it wasn't on this forum. I've sold quite a bit on eBay and on one occasion, I shipped ahead of payment which I never received even after multiple attempts. At first, the guy was really nice over the phone and said he needed to get the items before his daughter's B-Day. The items probably totaled around $80 SV. To this day, I still have his mailing address and the phone number he contacted me from, and I imagine what confronting him in person would be like. What he took was my trust, but what he gave me was an experience which has helped me avoid future scams.