Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Front Page (card ed)

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2013, 08:49 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Accepted a FT position

I accepted a full-time position at my work. I start on February 25th and will work from 3pm to 11pm Monday through Friday. I currently work weekends and have done so for almost 3 years. It is going to be odd to have weekends off but I hope to spend as much time with my boys as possible. I am going to miss them greatly on the evenings I am here.

I am not sure how to feel at this point. I am happy for the opprotunity to provide for my family and to have weekends free again. I am sad for the time I am losing with my boys.
Old 02-16-2013, 08:51 PM   #2 (permalink)

Bittersweet isn't it?

On the bright side, I turn 14 years old on the 25th
tnarg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 08:55 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnarg View Post
Bittersweet isn't it?

On the bright side, I turn 14 years old on the 25th
Yes, very much so!

I will get you what I get everyone I know that turns 14, an over-priced hooker. Do you prefer ass or breasts? She is either stacked in the front or the back. I can't afford both.
Old 02-16-2013, 08:56 PM   #4 (permalink)

Congrats on the added hours. I'm not sure how old your boys are, but missing dinner/bedtime with my 2 year old daughter can be rough. I'm guessing this lessens over time. On the plus side, you have the early part of the day and the weekends. Sounds like a plus!
Old 02-16-2013, 08:58 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaddie84 View Post
Congrats on the added hours. I'm not sure how old your boys are, but missing dinner/bedtime with my 2 year old daughter can be rough. I'm guessing this lessens over time. On the plus side, you have the early part of the day and the weekends. Sounds like a plus!
Thank you!

They are 3 1/2 and 2 (on the 26th). I love bedtime with them because they are at their sweetest. Two boys that close in age is constant chaos during the day. Both have phased out naps long ago so its non-stop awesomeness at my house.
Old 02-16-2013, 08:58 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosieDively View Post
Yes, very much so!

I will get you what I get everyone I know that turns 14, an over-priced hooker. Do you prefer ass or breasts? She is either stacked in the front or the back. I can't afford both.
I prefer lotto tickets, cigarettes and beer

All joking aside, I'm an ass man
tnarg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 09:46 PM   #7 (permalink)

it better effect your bo boards time

:jedi::jedi::jedi:
natbornkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 10:03 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by natbornkiller View Post
it better effect your bo boards time
I will be on M-F 3pm to 11pm. Unless we are busy, then I will have to ignore you guys and work.
Old 02-16-2013, 10:06 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
I will be on M-F 3pm to 11pm. Unless we are busy, then I will have to ignore you guys and work.

:jedi::jedi::jedi:
natbornkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 10:08 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
You act like someone may die if you were to ignore your job
hhmag70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 01:46 AM   #11 (permalink)
Banned

Congrats, I sometimes like to work weekends and then have either mon,tues or thurs, fri off. Currently I am working crazy shifts as people are on vacation so I will work like midnight-8:00 am and then have to be back to work 4:00pm-midnight and then 8:00am-4:00 pm. I am a fill in person. I do however have another job interview tuesday morning which is for a job I want real bad and it will finally let me put my college degree "to work". Best part is no graveyard shifts either.
vc15jrich23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 02:30 AM   #12 (permalink)

Who will watch your kids?
pejc300 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 08:39 AM   #13 (permalink)

Well, as the proud parent of kids aged 12, 6 and 5, I say to you... congrats on having to avoid the circus that is known as bedtime. I'm sure your hubby appreciates you, but now he'll REALLY appreciate all you do.

Congrats on the career move, and hope it works out well for you all.
IndyKMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 03:04 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vc15jrich23 View Post
Congrats, I sometimes like to work weekends and then have either mon,tues or thurs, fri off. Currently I am working crazy shifts as people are on vacation so I will work like midnight-8:00 am and then have to be back to work 4:00pm-midnight and then 8:00am-4:00 pm. I am a fill in person. I do however have another job interview tuesday morning which is for a job I want real bad and it will finally let me put my college degree "to work". Best part is no graveyard shifts either.
Good luck! I hope you get it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pejc300 View Post
Who will watch your kids?
We had babysitting arranged but my friend is interviewing for a job she really wants so we are just waiting to see what happends with that first. She is finding out next week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyKMB View Post
Well, as the proud parent of kids aged 12, 6 and 5, I say to you... congrats on having to avoid the circus that is known as bedtime. I'm sure your hubby appreciates you, but now he'll REALLY appreciate all you do.

Congrats on the career move, and hope it works out well for you all.
Thank you! What fun ages your kids are at. I actually don't mind bedtime routine. I clean up and it stays clean, we snuggle and read books. My husband gives them their baths already because that is his one on one time with them. I clean up, get them dressed, and read them stories. He is a pretty fantastic father.
Old 02-26-2013, 09:50 PM   #15 (permalink)

T minus 1 hour and 10 minutes before I can leave work and only 2 hours until I can go to bed!
Old 02-26-2013, 09:55 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
T minus 1 hour and 10 minutes before I can leave work and only 2 hours until I can go to bed!
Hope it goes by quick for you!
BostonNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 10:11 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonNut View Post
Hope it goes by quick for you!
Thank you! I am sure it will. The last hour always seems to fly by. We have a lot wrap up at the end of our shifts.
Old 02-27-2013, 08:42 PM   #18 (permalink)

Today has been rough. I ended up staying over last night. I didn't get enough sleep and I miss my boys. I will only see my oldest for an hour tomorrow because he has pre-school. Ugh.
Old 03-01-2013, 05:49 PM   #19 (permalink)

Last day for the work week. Come on 11pm! You guys need to start having lots of fun.

The first week was hard because I really miss my boys. I am also very tired. I haven't gotten enough sleep. I did run today though because I really want to run a 5K.

Things I am looking forward to:

2nd shift orders food every Friday evening so I am having a slice of pepporoni pizza and cheese friends.

Spending the weekend with my boys

Logan's Family b-day party tomorrow. Even though it is just the grandparents and uncles, I still got him a Tractor cake. We decided not to have a big party for him this year.

A lazy day on Sunday other than cooking meals for a week with my mom.

Hanging out with my mom on Sunday.
Old 03-01-2013, 06:30 PM   #20 (permalink)

I hope the cheese friends were good.
jeffmagley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 06:35 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffmagley View Post
I hope the cheese friends were good.
Ha! I should really do a better job proof reading. I got a call and hit submit.
Old 03-01-2013, 07:34 PM   #22 (permalink)
Banned

Congrats on the shift, I have another interview Wednesday.
vc15jrich23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 07:52 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vc15jrich23 View Post
Congrats on the shift, I have another interview Wednesday.
Good luck on your interview!
Old 03-02-2013, 12:05 AM   #24 (permalink)

Working second shift is tough when you have a family.
Old 03-02-2013, 11:25 AM   #25 (permalink)

3 to 11, huh. That's a little strange. At least you can gte a good nights sleep. Good luck with it, man!