Blowout Cards Forums
Start Your Reign of Domination Now with GetTheMachine.com!

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2013, 08:42 PM   #26 (permalink)

For those who hold buyer feedback hostage, I have a question.

If the buyer is unhappy with his purchase, but provided you timely payment does that change how you rate them? Seems unfair to the buyer.

That method means that the buyer is thus responsible for the entire transaction. I leave feedback immediately for the paying buyer because I expect them to provided a fair assessment of me and not worry about how I retaliate. I did this before the feedback change too. I realize that most didn't follow this example and eBay changed their feedback system because unhappy buyers were scared to leave truthful feedback because retaliatory sellers would leave negatives for buyers who completed their half of the transaction.

That is like a chef deciding if he will cook a great meal or a crappy meal based on a patron's pre-meal evaluation.
Old 02-23-2013, 08:43 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by itradeerrors View Post
This is also what I do. As soon as I know the buyer is happy with the item I finish the deal by also leaving feedback for them.
If the buyer isn't happy with your service, but paid you immediately, what do you do?

Honest question.
Old 02-23-2013, 08:53 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullmetal View Post
For those who hold buyer feedback hostage, I have a question.

If the buyer is unhappy with his purchase, but provided you timely payment does that change how you rate them? Seems unfair to the buyer.

That method means that the buyer is thus responsible for the entire transaction. I leave feedback immediately for the paying buyer because I expect them to provided a fair assessment of me and not worry about how I retaliate. I did this before the feedback change too. I realize that most didn't follow this example and eBay changed their feedback system because unhappy buyers were scared to leave truthful feedback because retaliatory sellers would leave negatives for buyers who completed their half of the transaction.

That is like a chef deciding if he will cook a great meal or a crappy meal based on a patron's pre-meal evaluation.
Everything I highlighted above is whats wrong with this site. I like everything else about this site. I have met some great people here. I cannot understand for the life of me how a seller can even process leaving anything but positive feedback if the buyer paid instantly.Look at it this way.

Someone pays instantly. A seller does not ship for a couple weeks and provides no communication what so ever.The seller still has the right to leave a neg on the buyer? Until that glitch is fixed this site will not get alot of respect in the real card world. I guess I just dont understand why they dont fix it. It would save the mods so much time and work if it was addressed. Sellers and slow shippers know they can neg buyers on here and thats why they ship whenever they feel like it. I know people dont like hearing that but its the dead spot on truth. The truth is not always pretty.
Old 02-23-2013, 08:59 PM   #29 (permalink)

^^I wasn't addressing this site. I was addressing eBay, but appreciate you tying the topic to a problem here.

I've simply read over and over again from sellers who withhold feedback (until feedback is left by the buyer) that they withhold judgement until after the buyer judges. The buyer's feelings regarding the transaction have no bearing on how the seller rates the buyer.

Fraud isn't an excuse because eBay will remove the feedback if the buyer is deemed fraudulent. If a seller waits that signals to me a less than stellar seller.

A buyer pays in 10 minutes, that is a positive. The recipient seller ships three weeks later and poorly packages, thus receiving a negative. The seller should NOT be allowed to wait to see. His crap job selling shouldn't impact the buyer's perfect job. Under eBay's old payment system buyers rarely left negatives or neutrals because they KNEW they would get a retaliatory negative. Thus, buyers never got a true feel for a prospective seller because everyone pussy-footed truthful feedback.

Last edited by fullmetal; 02-23-2013 at 09:51 PM. Reason: wrong word
fullmetal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 09:15 PM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullmetal View Post
^^I wasn't addressing this site. I was addressing eBay, but appreciate you tying the topic to a problem here.

I've simply read over and over again from sellers who withhold feedback (until feedback is left by the buyer) that they withhold judgement until after the buyer judges. The buyer's feelings regarding the transaction have no bearing on how the seller rates the buyer.

Fraud isn't an excuse because eBay will remove the feedback if the buyer is deemed fraudulent. If a seller waits that singles to me a less than stellar seller.

A buyer pays in 10 minutes, that is a positive. The recipient seller ships three weeks later and poorly packages, thus receiving a negative. The seller should NOT be allowed to wait to see. His crap job selling shouldn't impact the buyer's perfect job. Under eBay's old payment system buyers rarely left negatives or neutrals because they KNEW they would get a retaliatory negative. Thus, buyers never got a true feel for a prospective seller because everyone pussy-footed truthful feedback.
And this right here is exactly the problem on here. Its hard to get a good read on people(with the exception of the steady people I deal with) because sometimes good feedback is given by buyers because they know they will be retaliated against if they drop a neg. Some people dont care, others do. Some people feel they should not have thier reputation as a buyer and seller tarnished because someone cannot ship in a timely manner.
Old 02-23-2013, 09:28 PM   #31 (permalink)

I usually leave feedback as soon as the buyer does for me, or I expect it as such. I agree that the buyer has done his part with payment. I don't hold feedback hostage, that's not how I operate.

It might be semantics in terms of timing, but I guess I just conceive of feedback as a post-transaction process.
jeg2315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 09:40 PM   #32 (permalink)

A lot of great responses in this thread. Changes my thinking a little. But in case some people mistook what I was trying to represent: I wasn't implying the seller should hold feedback hostage, I was tying to imply there are still possibly shady things that can be done by the buyer after payment. I thought once a seller leaves positive feedback you could not change it if the buyer were to be shady, but reading through these responses and looking into the itrader on here a bit further, it appears you can make a change if warranted. And that's what changes my thinking a little. Thanks guys and girls!
Old 02-23-2013, 11:41 PM   #33 (permalink)

Things can go wrong after payment. Lying about receiving a card, claiming it's damaged when it wasn't, being too unreasonable like badgering a seller for updates, etc. The actual payment is not the only part of the transaction to me as a buyer. Feedback by both sides should be done when the transaction is totally complete which happens when the buyer has the card in hand.
My Bucket, always selling and trading: http://s1204.photobucket.com/user/kramerattack/library/
friarbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 12:20 AM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by friarbolt View Post
Things can go wrong after payment. Lying about receiving a card, claiming it's damaged when it wasn't, being too unreasonable like badgering a seller for updates, etc. The actual payment is not the only part of the transaction to me as a buyer. Feedback by both sides should be done when the transaction is totally complete which happens when the buyer has the card in hand.
Again... how are you determining that? When DC says it's delivered? We've all seen plenty of cases where DC says delivered when it's not, and even when it is, the buyer claiming never to have received it.
Nicnac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 12:31 AM   #35 (permalink)

I agree that sellers should leave feedback once the buyer receives the package. At that point the deal is COMPLETE.

It's not a buyer's only responsibility to pay. Look at the horror stories on ebay. It should go without say, but it is also the buyer's responsibility to be honest that the package was received as described.

PC: Zach Ertz Philadelphia Eagles
Divino is offline   Reply With Quote