Blowout Cards Forums

Blowout Cards Forums (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/)
-   Off Topic (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/off-topic/)
-   -   Immediate Feedback for payment (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/off-topic/459794-immediate-feedback-payment.html)

vinbots 02-23-2013 12:16 PM

Immediate Feedback for payment

What's everyone's opinion on requiring feedback immediately after sending payment? I don't think the seller should leave feedback until the buyer has confirmed receipt of the package. Your thoughts? Thanks.

alifaxwa2 02-23-2013 12:17 PM

I agree with you.

ManInTheMirror 02-23-2013 12:17 PM

I always leave feedback immediately upon payment.

They did their part.

MC80_LCM 02-23-2013 12:22 PM

Back when sellers could leave Negs I never left immediate FB, just on the off chance that they became unruly once they sent payment. Now I don't really mind it. Once payment is made the buyer has pretty much fulfilled their half of the transaction and there really isn't that much of a reason to withhold FB.

I certainly don't care if sellers don't leave immediate feedback though.

vinbots 02-23-2013 12:25 PM

[QUOTE=ManInTheMirror;4321938]I always leave feedback immediately upon payment.

They did their part.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure I agree 100%. They did the first part of their part(s). Shouldn't they still have to confirm receipt? Or shouldn't you as a seller be sure they're not a scammer or trying to extort you for partial refunds or they'll leave you a negative?

I just feel like the communication during the negotiation process AND during the resolution process (if there is a problem after delivery) have to both be taken into consideration. You as a seller really don't know how the buyer is going to act IF there is a problem during delivery or after receipt.

ManInTheMirror 02-23-2013 12:30 PM

I'm not a paranoid hippy and it was obvious you were the type to immediately respond to my post trying to sway me.

No thanks.

vinbots 02-23-2013 12:36 PM

[QUOTE=ManInTheMirror;4322010]I'm not a paranoid hippy and it was obvious you were the type to immediately respond to my post trying to sway me.

No thanks.[/QUOTE]

I'm not trying to sway anyone, I'm just getting opinions while giving my own. I guess I should have stated all of that in my original post. Still friends :)!

fungi2510 02-23-2013 01:39 PM

I am kinda in the middle on this. If I know the buyer, I will give immediate feedback, but if not then I usually wait, mostly so that I can do something if something goes wrong.

Also, do not get worried if MITM is not your friend. You will live.

SportCardBuffet 02-23-2013 01:47 PM

Once my buyer pays I'll leave feedback. If they want to try to extort/scam me they will be handled by the mods. Now if I buy and don't receive feedback so be it. It has happened a few times and I would send 1 PM asking for feedback to be left. Sometimes they left it sometimes they didn't, just not worrying about that anymore.

tnarg 02-23-2013 02:12 PM

If they paid, I leave positive feedback. Who cares if they received it yet or not? Does that have any bearing on the type of feedback you'll leave them? Say something did go wrong. They didn't receive it, cards were damaged, etc. Then what? They send the damaged stuff back or you're forced to refund because they didn't get it. They still paid quickly, so they still deserve the positive rating. There's no reason to withhold feedback to see what the buyer is going to do when he gets them. As long as you ship properly, there's nothing to be worried about, right? If you're nervous to leave feedback right after your paid, maybe you're hiding something. Undisclosed damage, not using tracking, etc.

MikeWilliamsFan 02-23-2013 02:20 PM

I always leave feedback after someone pays for my card

fullmetal 02-23-2013 03:25 PM

As a seller I leave feedback as soon as I receive payment.

The buyer did their part and by leaving feedback I note my appreciation.

I state in my description that I do NOT hold feedback hostage.

My feedback should be independent of how the buyer perceives the transaction.

fungi2510 02-23-2013 03:57 PM

Maybe I am crazy, which can definitely be the case, but if something goes wrong, I want to let people know how understanding and how well they worked throughout. Just the way I am doing it. I am good either way, but just me wanting to have as much of the whole story as possible.

TASS 02-23-2013 04:20 PM

[QUOTE=ManInTheMirror;4321938]I always leave feedback immediately upon payment.

They did their part.[/QUOTE]

I do the same and follow up with my delivery info. (send every package with PayPal delivery conf.) and request the buyer leave feedback as soon as package is received.

My belief is if the buyer makes prompt payment you should acknowledge, and when using delivery confirmation your ass is covered anyhow.

ssbledsoe 02-23-2013 04:41 PM

I also leave feedback upon receipt of cleared payment. If you have a scammer, on here you contact a mod. eBay you can leave a follow up comment (i.e., "buyer attempted to extort a partial refund"). I see no need to withhold feedback for prompt payers.

vwnut13 02-23-2013 04:51 PM

I leave feedback after the Buyer leaves feedback, or about two weeks after the item ended if they don't leave feedback.

Sorry, but I don't want someone to have a feedback telling how super great they after they bent the card in half and sent it back because they had buyers remorse.

Josh611 02-23-2013 05:19 PM

I always try to leave it as soon as payment is received. I'd probably forget if I didn't lol. The one thing I hate the most is when sellers don't leave me feedback even after I have already left them feedback

lee7786 02-23-2013 06:33 PM

I hate it when sellers don't leave feedback after I pay immediately. I always leave feedback as soon as I receive payment. There is no reason not to. If you end up with a dirt bag buyer that tries to scam you, just leave a follow-up. That will stand out more than just a standard neg positive FB anyway. And on blowout, you can leave FB any time you want. So if youve already left positive feedback for their quick payment and they decide to try to scam you, you can always leave a neg at any time. I've never left feedback for a seller before they've let it for me, unless I need to leave a neg or neutral. The seller is supposed to leave feedback first, that's how it works. They did everything they're required, leave them feedback then do your part.

zonacats8 02-23-2013 06:59 PM

I'm pretty sure that once you leave positive feedback as a seller, you can't then report the buyer at a later date.

So if they decide to try and rip you off, you can't then report them and give them a mark on their account. For that reason alone I never leave feedback for buyers until they receive the card

Nicnac 02-23-2013 07:07 PM

[QUOTE=zonacats8;4324871]I'm pretty sure that once you leave positive feedback as a seller, you can't then report the buyer at a later date.

So if they decide to try and rip you off, you can't then report them and give them a mark on their account. For that reason alone I never leave feedback for buyers until they receive the card[/QUOTE]

But then, if you are just waiting for them to receive the card, what's to stop them leaving you a negative AFTER you leave feedback?

37Jetson 02-23-2013 07:11 PM

I try to leave feedback for immediate payments as soon as I have their cards packaged (almost always right then) so I can use my feedback to thank them and to let them know when the card will be shipped and to also confirm that I have used delivery confirmation.

frozenntimesports 02-23-2013 08:29 PM

I have an automated service that leaves feedback with 24 hours of payment receipt.

zonacats8 02-23-2013 08:32 PM

[QUOTE=Nicnac;4324957]But then, if you are just waiting for them to receive the card, what's to stop them leaving you a negative AFTER you leave feedback?[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I meant after they leave feedback

NewAgeHardcore 02-23-2013 09:10 PM

I always leave feedback after payment.

itradeerrors 02-23-2013 09:27 PM

[QUOTE=vwnut13;4323835]I leave feedback after the Buyer leaves feedback, or about two weeks after the item ended if they don't leave feedback.

Sorry, but I don't want someone to have a feedback telling how super great they after they bent the card in half and sent it back because they had buyers remorse.[/QUOTE]

This is also what I do. As soon as I know the buyer is happy with the item I finish the deal by also leaving feedback for them.