Blowout Cards Forums
Super Break

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2013, 12:16 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Immediate Feedback for payment

What's everyone's opinion on requiring feedback immediately after sending payment? I don't think the seller should leave feedback until the buyer has confirmed receipt of the package. Your thoughts? Thanks.
Old 02-23-2013, 12:17 PM   #2 (permalink)

I agree with you.
alifaxwa2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 12:17 PM   #3 (permalink)

I always leave feedback immediately upon payment.

They did their part.
ManInTheMirror is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 12:22 PM   #4 (permalink)

Back when sellers could leave Negs I never left immediate FB, just on the off chance that they became unruly once they sent payment. Now I don't really mind it. Once payment is made the buyer has pretty much fulfilled their half of the transaction and there really isn't that much of a reason to withhold FB.

I certainly don't care if sellers don't leave immediate feedback though.
Old 02-23-2013, 12:25 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManInTheMirror View Post

They did their part.
I'm not sure I agree 100%. They did the first part of their part(s). Shouldn't they still have to confirm receipt? Or shouldn't you as a seller be sure they're not a scammer or trying to extort you for partial refunds or they'll leave you a negative?

I just feel like the communication during the negotiation process AND during the resolution process (if there is a problem after delivery) have to both be taken into consideration. You as a seller really don't know how the buyer is going to act IF there is a problem during delivery or after receipt.
Old 02-23-2013, 12:30 PM   #6 (permalink)

I'm not a paranoid hippy and it was obvious you were the type to immediately respond to my post trying to sway me.

No thanks.
ManInTheMirror is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 12:36 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
I'm not a paranoid hippy and it was obvious you were the type to immediately respond to my post trying to sway me.

No thanks.
I'm not trying to sway anyone, I'm just getting opinions while giving my own. I guess I should have stated all of that in my original post. Still friends
Old 02-23-2013, 01:39 PM   #8 (permalink)

I am kinda in the middle on this. If I know the buyer, I will give immediate feedback, but if not then I usually wait, mostly so that I can do something if something goes wrong.

Also, do not get worried if MITM is not your friend. You will live.

Check me out on Sport Lots.
http://www.sportlots.com/inven/invenbin/dealerpage.tpl?dealer=mkeil250
fungi2510 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 01:47 PM   #9 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Once my buyer pays I'll leave feedback. If they want to try to extort/scam me they will be handled by the mods. Now if I buy and don't receive feedback so be it. It has happened a few times and I would send 1 PM asking for feedback to be left. Sometimes they left it sometimes they didn't, just not worrying about that anymore.
Follow Me On Twitter @SportCardBuffet
SportCardBuffet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 02:12 PM   #10 (permalink)

If they paid, I leave positive feedback. Who cares if they received it yet or not? Does that have any bearing on the type of feedback you'll leave them? Say something did go wrong. They didn't receive it, cards were damaged, etc. Then what? They send the damaged stuff back or you're forced to refund because they didn't get it. They still paid quickly, so they still deserve the positive rating. There's no reason to withhold feedback to see what the buyer is going to do when he gets them. As long as you ship properly, there's nothing to be worried about, right? If you're nervous to leave feedback right after your paid, maybe you're hiding something. Undisclosed damage, not using tracking, etc.
tnarg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 02:20 PM   #11 (permalink)

I always leave feedback after someone pays for my card
-----> SCB's Draft 10 Caser:
MikeWilliamsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 03:25 PM   #12 (permalink)

As a seller I leave feedback as soon as I receive payment.

The buyer did their part and by leaving feedback I note my appreciation.

I state in my description that I do NOT hold feedback hostage.

My feedback should be independent of how the buyer perceives the transaction.
Old 02-23-2013, 03:57 PM   #13 (permalink)

Maybe I am crazy, which can definitely be the case, but if something goes wrong, I want to let people know how understanding and how well they worked throughout. Just the way I am doing it. I am good either way, but just me wanting to have as much of the whole story as possible.

Check me out on Sport Lots.
http://www.sportlots.com/inven/invenbin/dealerpage.tpl?dealer=mkeil250
fungi2510 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 04:20 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:

They did their part.
I do the same and follow up with my delivery info. (send every package with PayPal delivery conf.) and request the buyer leave feedback as soon as package is received.

My belief is if the buyer makes prompt payment you should acknowledge, and when using delivery confirmation your ass is covered anyhow.

Last edited by TASS; 02-23-2013 at 04:23 PM.
TASS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 04:41 PM   #15 (permalink)

I also leave feedback upon receipt of cleared payment. If you have a scammer, on here you contact a mod. eBay you can leave a follow up comment (i.e., "buyer attempted to extort a partial refund"). I see no need to withhold feedback for prompt payers.
PAYING VERY HANDSOMELY FOR THE "O" IN THE 2009 DREW BLEDSOE BY THE LETTER SET. WILL PAY $25 FINDERS FEE IF YOU DIRECT ME TO ONE AND I AM ABLE TO MAKE A DEAL (eBay and COMC listings NOT APPLICABLE/REDEEMABLE)
ssbledsoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 04:51 PM   #16 (permalink)

I leave feedback after the Buyer leaves feedback, or about two weeks after the item ended if they don't leave feedback.

Sorry, but I don't want someone to have a feedback telling how super great they after they bent the card in half and sent it back because they had buyers remorse.
vwnut13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 05:19 PM   #17 (permalink)

I always try to leave it as soon as payment is received. I'd probably forget if I didn't lol. The one thing I hate the most is when sellers don't leave me feedback even after I have already left them feedback
Old 02-23-2013, 06:33 PM   #18 (permalink)

I hate it when sellers don't leave feedback after I pay immediately. I always leave feedback as soon as I receive payment. There is no reason not to. If you end up with a dirt bag buyer that tries to scam you, just leave a follow-up. That will stand out more than just a standard neg positive FB anyway. And on blowout, you can leave FB any time you want. So if youve already left positive feedback for their quick payment and they decide to try to scam you, you can always leave a neg at any time. I've never left feedback for a seller before they've let it for me, unless I need to leave a neg or neutral. The seller is supposed to leave feedback first, that's how it works. They did everything they're required, leave them feedback then do your part.

Last edited by lee7786; 02-23-2013 at 06:35 PM.
lee7786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 06:59 PM   #19 (permalink)

I'm pretty sure that once you leave positive feedback as a seller, you can't then report the buyer at a later date.

So if they decide to try and rip you off, you can't then report them and give them a mark on their account. For that reason alone I never leave feedback for buyers until they receive the card
zonacats8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 07:07 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonacats8 View Post
I'm pretty sure that once you leave positive feedback as a seller, you can't then report the buyer at a later date.

So if they decide to try and rip you off, you can't then report them and give them a mark on their account. For that reason alone I never leave feedback for buyers until they receive the card
But then, if you are just waiting for them to receive the card, what's to stop them leaving you a negative AFTER you leave feedback?
Nicnac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 07:11 PM   #21 (permalink)

I try to leave feedback for immediate payments as soon as I have their cards packaged (almost always right then) so I can use my feedback to thank them and to let them know when the card will be shipped and to also confirm that I have used delivery confirmation.
Concentrating on my personal collection. Please drop me a PM if you have any of the following for sale: Topps Football 1956-1959; 1961-1964, 1967-1968; Philadelphia Football 1964-1967, Autographs of Baseball/Football Vintage Stars and Hall of Famers (especially on card autos), 1990's Topps Chrome Refractor Inserts of all sports.
37Jetson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 08:29 PM   #22 (permalink)

I have an automated service that leaves feedback with 24 hours of payment receipt.
“Life is a storm, my young friend. You will bask in the sunlight one moment, be shattered on the rocks the next. What makes you a man is what you do when that storm comes. You must look into that storm and shout as you did in Rome. Do your worst, for I will do mine! Then the fates will know you as we know you.”
frozenntimesports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 08:32 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicnac View Post
But then, if you are just waiting for them to receive the card, what's to stop them leaving you a negative AFTER you leave feedback?
Sorry, I meant after they leave feedback
zonacats8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 09:10 PM   #24 (permalink)

I always leave feedback after payment.
NewAgeHardcore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 09:27 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwnut13 View Post
I leave feedback after the Buyer leaves feedback, or about two weeks after the item ended if they don't leave feedback.

Sorry, but I don't want someone to have a feedback telling how super great they after they bent the card in half and sent it back because they had buyers remorse.
This is also what I do. As soon as I know the buyer is happy with the item I finish the deal by also leaving feedback for them.
itradeerrors is offline   Reply With Quote