Blowout Cards Forums

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2013, 02:35 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Paypal question need advice :)

Hey guys I was wondering if anybody can give me some advice. I'm only 17 and use my mothers credit card for my Paypal. She doesn't have a bank account so the only thing on my account is her credit card. I noticed today I have a $1566 limit left on the account. Now when this runs out I won't be able to send any more money right? How would I be able to get my Paypal to turn to cash? Is their any way or am I screwed? I saw something about a Paypal credit card? Is that worth getting? Do I have to pay monthly or something for that or is it free? With that card can I buy stuff or get cash out of it? Any help would be cool.
RBKSNIPZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 10:33 AM   #2 (permalink)

why dont you go open a bank acct to link to, then you can transfer funds between, your plenty old, heck my 8 and 10 yr olds have savings accts.... And no offense, but YOUR MOM DOESNT have a bank acct??
Old 02-28-2013, 11:39 AM   #3 (permalink)

i believe the spending limit is tied to the credit card available credit limit. so as long as your mom pays her bill (or you pay her for purchases made), that shouldn't stop you from buying.

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.
Clarka3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 11:44 AM   #4 (permalink)
XL5

1. Quit spending money on your mom's credit card.
2. Save up and when you turn 18 in less than a year, open a bank account.
3. Get your own paypal account.
4. Be a baller.

About the paypal card, it's a debit card tied to your paypal account. So if you have a PayPal balance, you can use that to get cash, charge stuff, etc. If you have a PayPal balance right now, you don't need to use your mom's credit card anyway.
Old 02-28-2013, 12:33 PM   #5 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to nyisle

to answer your question, if you go with the Paypal Credit/Debit card, it works like any card and the money comes right out of your paypal. There is no fees to have the card. And you can set up a pin number. The card is issued by Chase, it used to be free to use at there ATM's for cash withdrawels. If you check a box to say that Paypal is your primary source for payments, you can earn 1% cash back, its not a lot, but will add up.

I ship in Bubble Mailers only!! NO PWE!!!
nyisle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 02:18 PM   #6 (permalink)

Im not using any money from my moms credit card. I just have her credit card on the acount to be able to send and receive money. I have my money in my paypal account from buying and selling stuff. When i pay for stuff i use my balance not the credit card, im not using my mothers money.

Last edited by RBKSNIPZ; 02-28-2013 at 02:21 PM.
Old 02-28-2013, 02:23 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by roc21 View Post
why dont you go open a bank acct to link to, then you can transfer funds between, your plenty old, heck my 8 and 10 yr olds have savings accts.... And no offense, but YOUR MOM DOESNT have a bank acct??
Wasnt aware i could do that i thought i had to be 18.
No she doesnt. Thanx for your help.
Old 02-28-2013, 02:57 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBKSNIPZ View Post
Wasnt aware i could do that i thought i had to be 18.
No she doesnt. Thanx for your help.
i believe your mom just has to sign on with you. check online or call the bank
Old 02-28-2013, 04:55 PM   #9 (permalink)

Mine is linked to my debit.

"Everyone's account has initial sending, receiving, and withdrawal limits until you provide some information to help us get to know you. After we confirm your information, you'll be a Verified member and you can send, receive, or withdraw more freely."

Try to verify all you can and see what happens.
"Blowoutcards is a messageboard filled with experts on Ping pong. These highly trained experts told us they spoke to the President of the United States Mr. Haiku and he claims the card is fake since he faked it himself. Our 2 sources (easter bunny and a unicorn with 2 legs) explained this hobby is filled with crooks." -Unknown

Last edited by xbignick; 02-28-2013 at 05:34 PM.
xbignick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 05:03 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbignick View Post
Mine is linked to my debit.

"Everyone's account has initial sending, receiving, and withdrawal limits until you provide some information to help us get to know you. After we confirm your information, you'll be a Verified member and you can send, receive, or withdraw more freely."

Try to verify all you can and see what happens.
I've verified with social security and all that now the only options are to get the Paypal credit card or link a bank account, I think I'm going to ask my mom if I could get the Paypal card if there are no fees or anything I don't see why it would be a problem right?
Old 02-28-2013, 05:53 PM   #11 (permalink)

Without a bank account you still have the lifetime limit problem. Adding the debit card won't fix anything as far as that goes.

I also think you need a bank account on file in order to get the debit card, but I may be mistaken.
DaveTaplin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 06:03 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTaplin View Post
Without a bank account you still have the lifetime limit problem. Adding the debit card won't fix anything as far as that goes.

I also think you need a bank account on file in order to get the debit card, but I may be mistaken.
Should I delete the account and make a new one?