Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Card Event 4/17/14

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2013, 02:49 PM   #1 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Chapin, SC
Posts: 3,366
Default Anybody have applecare for an apple product?

I purchased applecare with my iphone 5 when i got it, and have never had it before. I was wondering if any of you guys have experience with it. Have a cracked screen, do i just call them and they will send me another one and i send mine back and such?
Braveskid1025 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 03:28 PM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
CAS239's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Fort Myers, Florida
Posts: 1,778
Default

Take it into an Apple store..they'll replace the screen or replace your whole phone
CAS239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 03:32 PM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Chapin, SC
Posts: 3,366
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAS239 View Post
Take it into an Apple store..they'll replace the screen or replace your whole phone
There is no store by me, that is why I was asking.
Braveskid1025 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 03:35 PM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
creamybeige's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Greggs Place
Posts: 1,083
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braveskid1025 View Post
There is no store by me, that is why I was asking.
where the hell do you live?

theres like 200 near me
__________________
I'm old Gregg, pleased to meet ya
creamybeige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 04:07 PM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
CAS239's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Fort Myers, Florida
Posts: 1,778
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braveskid1025 View Post
There is no store by me, that is why I was asking.
That blows..I wouldn't want to send it in just because I wouldn't want to be without a phone for an extended period of time.

But I'd contact them through the website and I'm sure it'd be the same sending it in if you went to the store. You send your phone in, they'll fix it or replace your phone, then send it back.
CAS239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 04:11 PM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
Truemountaineer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: WV
Posts: 3,937
Default

If your warranty has expired on it you need to call apple and they will set you up (30 dollars I think) In my opinion its worth it mainly because apple products mess up alot.
__________________
Collect: Yankees, and April 15th cards
Diehard WVU and New York Yankees fan
I only accept paypal and ship in the USA
twitter: @Truemountaineer
Truemountaineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 04:36 PM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Chapin, SC
Posts: 3,366
Default

Well i purchased the applecare plan so still have a year and a half left. Closest apple store is 2+ hours away. Im just going to figure out if they would send me one before i sent my phone it? Thats what they did with my ipad..but didnt have a protection plan
Braveskid1025 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 04:41 PM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,184
Default

I have Applecare and just recently dropped my phone and jammed the sleep button. Took it into the Apple Store with an appointment and walked out twenty minutes later with a brand new phone and no money out of my pocket. In your situation, I'm not sure I could be without a phone for that long. I use it for business and emails mainly, and wouldn't want to be without it. With that said and your preferences, I would plan a trip to the Apple Store, but don't forget to make an appointment.
GreatAlbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 05:26 PM   #9 (permalink)
Member
 
matpat21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NY
Posts: 3,000
Default

I dropped my work ipad and actually cracked the screen. I called AppleCare and they overnighted me a new ipad along with a return box for my broken one. They did hold the funds on my credit card to ensure I didnt keep both. I shipped the broken one back to them and they released funds as soon as they received the broken ipad. I was actually surprised with how seamless the whole process went.
__________________
SORRY GUYS BUT I TYPICALLY DON'T TRADE...
matpat21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 06:03 PM   #10 (permalink)
Member
 
Strasburg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Empire State✈
Posts: 5,582
Send a message via Skype™ to Strasburg
Default

Well when my iPhone broke within my 1 year warranty that came with the phone, i had a broken lock button and they fixed it for free.

When i accidently smashed my phone to bits outside of my 1 year warrenty, i got it replaced by apple care, but the service fee was $50.
__________________
PC: Miguel Maysonet, Trevor Bauer, Michael Egnew,Giovanni Carmazzi, Dax McCarty
http://photobucket.com/albums/y359/nv7lax
Chelsea FC NY Jets✈ Penguins Ducks Red Bulls
Sent from U.S Airways WiFi
Strasburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 06:05 PM   #11 (permalink)
Member
 
jimssouvenirs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 5,544
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braveskid1025 View Post
Well i purchased the applecare plan so still have a year and a half left. Closest apple store is 2+ hours away. Im just going to figure out if they would send me one before i sent my phone it? Thats what they did with my ipad..but didnt have a protection plan
Don't you live in South Carolina??? What part? There is a store in Charleston and Greenville, and I would bet one in Columbia.
__________________
Theme of the Night: Song Lyrics
jimssouvenirs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 09:37 PM   #12 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Chapin, SC
Posts: 3,366
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by matpat21 View Post
I dropped my work ipad and actually cracked the screen. I called AppleCare and they overnighted me a new ipad along with a return box for my broken one. They did hold the funds on my credit card to ensure I didnt keep both. I shipped the broken one back to them and they released funds as soon as they received the broken ipad. I was actually surprised with how seamless the whole process went.
Thank you, I guess i will do that when i need to have this fixed, I am going to wait until I buy a new phone in a couple of months and just send it in to get repaired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatAlbert View Post
I have Applecare and just recently dropped my phone and jammed the sleep button. Took it into the Apple Store with an appointment and walked out twenty minutes later with a brand new phone and no money out of my pocket. In your situation, I'm not sure I could be without a phone for that long. I use it for business and emails mainly, and wouldn't want to be without it. With that said and your preferences, I would plan a trip to the Apple Store, but don't forget to make an appointment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strasburg View Post
Well when my iPhone broke within my 1 year warranty that came with the phone, i had a broken lock button and they fixed it for free.

When i accidently smashed my phone to bits outside of my 1 year warrenty, i got it replaced by apple care, but the service fee was $50.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimssouvenirs View Post
Don't you live in South Carolina??? What part? There is a store in Charleston and Greenville, and I would bet one in Columbia.
I have never seen one in my life, I have never heard of one around here either. live 30-409 minutes from columbia.
Braveskid1025 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 12:12 AM   #13 (permalink)
Member
 
CAS239's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Fort Myers, Florida
Posts: 1,778
Default

Charleston and Greenville are the only places in SC for Apple Stores. Guess not much love for South Carolina lol
CAS239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 12:34 AM   #14 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Chapin, SC
Posts: 3,366
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAS239 View Post
Charleston and Greenville are the only places in SC for Apple Stores. Guess not much love for South Carolina lol
Lol apparently not. It sucks. I just needed to know if i would have to go without a phone..
Braveskid1025 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 07:42 PM   #15 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Chapin, SC
Posts: 3,366
Default

well I have absolutely horrible luck...Was fixing my brothers xbox and needed to use my ipad to see what to do, someone didnt close something correctly and something fell out and smashed up my freaking ipad screen...
Braveskid1025 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 07:43 PM   #16 (permalink)
Member
 
creamybeige's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Greggs Place
Posts: 1,083
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braveskid1025 View Post
well I have absolutely horrible luck...Was fixing my brothers xbox and needed to use my ipad to see what to do, someone didnt close something correctly and something fell out and smashed up my freaking ipad screen...
dude... just give up
__________________
I'm old Gregg, pleased to meet ya
creamybeige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 07:46 PM   #17 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Chapin, SC
Posts: 3,366
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by creamybeige View Post
dude... just give up
exactly how I feel..lol
I had to get a screwdriver tool to unscrew something and it was in a case and such and nobody ever closed it so the second i picked it up it fell right on the bottom left corner and smashed part of the screen. Lucky it is the corner so none of the screen that is over the display is cracked..
Braveskid1025 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 11:11 PM   #18 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host
 
dthimesch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 15,384
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by creamybeige View Post
where the hell do you live?

theres like 200 near me

lol some of us live in the middle of no where. the closest Apple store to me is 2.5 hours
__________________
Twitter: @thedthimesch
Ustream Channel: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/dthimesch
Vaughntv Channel: http://breakers.tv/dthimesch
dthimesch is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:49 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright © 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.