Blowout Cards Forums
Shop OneStopFanShop.com Today!

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2013, 11:28 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Why does a shipped package back track?

Bought an item from somebody in Arizona (I live in iowa) and the package is enroute to bell gardens, ca. Complete wrong way? Why is this?

389.9 miles the wrong way!
Attached Thumbnails
Why does a shipped package back track?-image.jpg  

Mr. Irrelevant: The choice of Aaron Hernandez with the 180th pick gave ImNOTDanShakespeare the worst pick of the last round in terms of projected points.
DanShakespeare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 11:41 AM   #2 (permalink)

They must have sorted it to the wrong bin. You'll get it probably just gonna take twice as long to arrive. OR seller swapped labels and/or gave you wrong DC.
Old 03-29-2013, 11:58 AM   #3 (permalink)

Buyer will complain, you will refund, item will eventually arrive, you will request transaction cancel in an attempt to recover your fees and buyer will reject it, keeping the cards and your money while eBay keeps your fees. Keep your hands firmly clasped around your ankles, brah - it's coming!
"You have to break by the case" Zammos1 3:16
hairysasquatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 12:00 PM   #4 (permalink)

Default Sometimes...

It may be a main hub for their planes and it actually can be more efficient. See what another day brings on the tracking info. I've seen tracking start in NY near me and bounce between other nearby states to get to me.
Best Always,
VinnyH
Guitars, fishing, and trading cards, safer than a lot of other habits. If I post a pic of a player, I took it. I may not be the oldest member here but I paid $8. an auto and shook Joe DiMaggio's hand at the Armenian Church in NYC once.
VinnyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 12:07 PM   #5 (permalink)

Don't worry, I had an item that was supposed to go to Illinois (I'm in Nebraska) and it went on a vacation in Puerto Rico for 3 days. Thankfully it arrived safely though
Old 03-29-2013, 12:12 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanShakespeare View Post
Bought an item from somebody in Arizona (I live in iowa) and the package is enroute to bell gardens, ca. Complete wrong way? Why is this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairysasquatch View Post
Buyer will complain, you will refund, item will eventually arrive, you will request transaction cancel in an attempt to recover your fees and buyer will reject it, keeping the cards and your money while eBay keeps your fees. Keep your hands firmly clasped around your ankles, brah - it's coming!
OP is the buyer brah!
Old 03-29-2013, 12:20 PM   #7 (permalink)

Wait until the international backlog builds up because of the sequestration.

Don't worry just yet. At least it isn't alive. I'm in North Florida. I bought a python from South Florida, shipped overnight and it went to Kentucky first.
Old 03-29-2013, 12:22 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnyH View Post
It may be a main hub for their planes and it actually can be more efficient. See what another day brings on the tracking info. I've seen tracking start in NY near me and bounce between other nearby states to get to me.
Best Always,
VinnyH
^this.

It has to do with the ending destination and where their shipping points are at. It's just like flights. If you have a connecting flight, normally it won't be a stop that's directly on the way.

Friend is flying today to Texas for the FGCU game tonight..he left south Florida, flew to South Carolina for a connecting flight, then to Texas. Same thing applies for packages
CAS239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 12:28 PM   #9 (permalink)
XL5

It's going to a sort facility. It says so right on the tracking. This is standard.
Old 03-29-2013, 12:39 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanShakespeare View Post

Dan, I have carried the post for that route. Mail goes to centralized hubs depending on Area codes normally.
Sometimes a hub has issues and mail is re-routed to a different hub
other times, is this was where I came in, there is a cluster, truck shortages and a 2nd party carrier is hired to move the post. When that happens the initial load is lumped with another load and if it is going to a different hub, it all goes to that hub. This is to keep 2 loads from being delayed .
That hub is just a giant walmart looking building. It is a sorting facility and routing hub.
Old 03-29-2013, 01:00 PM   #11 (permalink)

Double post
CAS239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 01:01 PM   #12 (permalink)

Thanks everyone for the positive thoughts, except for hairysasquach since he clearly didn't read anything I posted in the op. Brah

Mr. Irrelevant: The choice of Aaron Hernandez with the 180th pick gave ImNOTDanShakespeare the worst pick of the last round in terms of projected points.
DanShakespeare is offline   Reply With Quote