Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Front Page (card ed)

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2013, 12:42 PM   #426 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 2,863
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsItUpCards View Post
But i'm not talking about "if it's in them" type situation.... I'm talking about major operations worldwide in the solo purchase of recycling silver. We can just bicker back and forth about it all day, but the fact is that it would cost A LOT to recycle silver in a large scale, thus why they don't do it, and instead use up all the reserves, and use up more each year then they're mining! That's my point.

Sure you will take the silver out of items when it comes to your yard, no doubt about it. You would have to be a fool to let that go to waste, and you're not. That's great profit for you! But that's not what i'm talking about...

Most of the sillver used, which it is used in more than 10,000 ways, is thrown away in landfills to be lost forever... they would rather take the easy way out and use up all the reserves and worry about it later. Only later it will run out, so they'll need to dig deeper, and start recycling in a MAJOR scale, which will cost A LOT!!!! So naturally the price of silver goes up.

Both sides(even the ones who don't buy, don't care about, or invest in silver, and just chose to come on a FORUM, and argue with others who do buy ) can sit here all day long and talk about how rare silver really is, and how it will dry up, and it WILL go up in high by a lot... but what good will that do? "Oh I told you so........"??? Those who don't want to invest... fine. But why come here and argue, and try to come up with stories? I'm not talking about you jerryw, just saying in general. Let the people who invest, invest, and stop trying to twist the thruth into your own arguement inducing made up stuff. That's fine that you want to poop on everyone elses' parade, but it gets old. Just go elsewhere with your negativity and made up lies, and just let us do our own RESEARCH, and actually get the real truth, and stop trying to hold us back with your bs. You're not holding me back, I will guarantee you that! You have weak headed people out there who falls for your bs, but not me. Again, i'm not talking to you jerryw, and don't wish to go back and forth with the drama wueens who will ask Oooooh who are you talking about then? GET A LIFE!!!! smh

Anyway, let's just talk about silver.... and let's stop twisting all the facts. If the REAL pros in the industry say certain things, do you think you know more than them? No. I'm taking long term, and WILL win this game. I will not sell when it's a price I don't like, so there is no losing. End of story. So try to poop on the parade as much as you want if it makes you feel better, but I would prefer, and for others sake as well, that you donnot try to taint this thread with your usual BS. Thank you and have a wonderful day!

Again jerryw, i'm not refering to you as a drama queen and all that You're ACTUALLY in the industry, so I will take your word before the know it alls... smh but what you were talking about above, is not what i'm talking about.



you went from talking about major operations, to individuals..you got me all confused
jerryw is offline  
Old 04-27-2013, 12:43 PM   #427 (permalink)
Member
 
SportsItUpCards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Collector since 1992
Posts: 13,080
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryw View Post
im going to make this short and sweet...if you think big industries are just tossing it out your off your rocker..they are in it to make money and there isn't a scrap dealer (lets just use Minneapolis as an example im not saying theres a place there just using it as a reference point) lets say theres a huge silver using factory in Minneapolis..instead of having a scrap yard set a roll off box there (which costs nothing) and get paid even a little something..your telling me they are tossing it into a garbage bin (which does cost money to get rid of you have the haulers fees and the actual landfill fees) that they will choose the option where they have to pay instead of the option that pays them...and I can guarantee if that said factory existed in Minneapolis they would be getting 50+ price quotes a month from different dealers

guy this is my industry I recycle pm and scrap for a living...I understand your all excited about it and that's great (you would be a fool not to be excited over the prospect of making money) but you cant predict pm markets because they change daily...if your able to be at a computer or a dealer at the drop of a hat to sell instantly at a huge level theres TONS of cash to be made...but the guy buying 5-10 ounces at a time isn't making very much after taxes and the such

im a huge pm guy I have physical forms of all sitting in the safe..and I agree it could go thru the roof someday..but the only ones making REAL money are the guys sitting on 1000s of ounces...of course ill add the disclaimer my real money and your real money may very well be different numbers some people will be happy making hundreds or maybe few thousand dollars on a silver investment from 10 years of holding it...if that's you then by all means invest in silver..but I wouldn't be spreading it around like its the next coming of jesus lol
How do you know if he's not already here...

Since you're the expert... i'm sure you know that silver is used up in such small amounts, but very HIGH amounts, that it is not profitable, AT THIS TIME, to recycle it on a large scale.

It is thrown away by individuals around the world. Most silver is lost, or so say the "experts", experts who have been in the game for 50+ years, but the people on this forum, BO, are more experts than them

Ok I get it, everyone here knows more, and silver is a bad investment, ok fine. The end??? These comments will not affect me as I will be investing in silver like there is no tommorow, so....
__________________
SportsItUpCards is offline  
Old 04-27-2013, 12:49 PM   #428 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 2,863
Default

so in 15 days you went from asking if its a good time to buy or hold off...to telling me a guy who is actually been in the industry for some time now that I basically don't know what im talking about lol...

did I once say it was a bad investment..this si the 2nd time you put words in my mouth guy lol...I said ver batum (sp) "if your able to be at a computer or a dealer at the drop of a hat to sell instantly at a huge level theres TONS of cash to be made...but the guy buying 5-10 ounces at a time isn't making very much after taxes and the such"

so how did you take me saying that to me calling it a bad investment...what I said was guys buying 5-10 ounces at a time aren't going to see the huge profits yours posts seem to think your going to see after taxes...I said theres tons of money to be made but you have to have tons of money already to buy enough oz to see an actual solid profit
jerryw is offline  
Old 04-27-2013, 12:49 PM   #429 (permalink)
Member
 
SportsItUpCards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Collector since 1992
Posts: 13,080
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryw View Post
you went from talking about major operations, to individuals..you got me all confused
We're just miss understanding each other, but there's no need to say "i'm off my rockers" just to "fit in" with the rest of the croud... I didn't say antyhing stupid to you, did I?

But yeah, major recycling operations. The individuals are the ones consuming and throwing away most silver that is mined. Then since it is used in such small quantities in each item, it is not worth the recycling process. Now if silver was $1000+ an oz, then don't you think at that point it would be in the interest of big scraping operations to spread the word for people to bring these items in instead of throwing them away? Exactly!!! Now i'm not saying that what silver will go up to, but that's a senerio that would have to happen before it becomes profitable, since it is used in such tiny amounts. Do you not understand what i'm talking about? You're been in this industry 10 years, no? Do you educate yourself on other things, or just the things you do, and have known? Or "what was taught to you"? There is more info out there.... just gotta research.

Now i'm no one to say what silver prices will do, but no one is... it can go anyway. But if you do some research, and use very simple common sense, you can just imagine what will happen to silver prices...

The end???
__________________
SportsItUpCards is offline  
Old 04-27-2013, 12:54 PM   #430 (permalink)
Member
 
SportsItUpCards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Collector since 1992
Posts: 13,080
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryw View Post
so in 15 days you went from asking if its a good time to buy or hold off...to telling me a guy who is actually been in the industry for some time now that I basically don't know what im talking about lol...

did I once say it was a bad investment..this si the 2nd time you put words in my mouth guy lol...I said ver batum (sp) "if your able to be at a computer or a dealer at the drop of a hat to sell instantly at a huge level theres TONS of cash to be made...but the guy buying 5-10 ounces at a time isn't making very much after taxes and the such"

so how did you take me saying that to me calling it a bad investment...what I said was guys buying 5-10 ounces at a time aren't going to see the huge profits yours posts seem to think your going to see after taxes...I said theres tons of money to be made but you have to have tons of money already to buy enough oz to see an actual solid profit
Well, i've done pleanty of research since then...... Yes, I asked for opinions and such, but I was hoping that I would get up to date information.

I'm not here to argue with you or put words in your mouth. That's the job of the party poopers. You just wanted to join in on the sh!tting parade? It's not cool, trust me. I didn't say anything wrong to you, so you shouldn't either, just not cool. Don't let someone give you the finger(and I have), and then you take the hand, and finally the whole arm. I treat people how they deserve to be treated. But that's a whole other story for another day.

Right now, are we done with the silver convincing? Why do you keep assuming I will be buying 5-10 ounces? REALLY!? Let me guess, stop putting words in your mouth? You assume too much.

We done now??? I'm convinced.
__________________
SportsItUpCards is offline  
Old 04-27-2013, 01:03 PM   #431 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 2,863
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsItUpCards View Post
We're just miss understanding each other, but there's no need to say "i'm off my rockers" just to "fit in" with the rest of the croud... I didn't say antyhing stupid to you, did I?

But yeah, major recycling operations. The individuals are the ones consuming and throwing away most silver that is mined. Then since it is used in such small quantities in each item, it is not worth the recycling process. Now if silver was $1000+ an oz, then don't you think at that point it would be in the interest of big scraping operations to spread the word for people to bring these items in instead of throwing them away? Exactly!!! Now i'm not saying that what silver will go up to, but that's a senerio that would have to happen before it becomes profitable, since it is used in such tiny amounts. Do you not understand what i'm talking about? You're been in this industry 10 years, no? Do you educate yourself on other things, or just the things you do, and have known? Or "what was taught to you"? There is more info out there.... just gotta research.

Now i'm no one to say what silver prices will do, but no one is... it can go anyway. But if you do some research, and use very simple common sense, you can just imagine what will happen to silver prices...

The end???



I had huge signs right next to my scale talking about silver and gold being purchased in the office...and I used to have a paper that showed a huge list of things that had silver and gold in them that the average person wouldn't of known about that if asked my father would give them a copy with their checks..but im telling you sir..if you think people aren't recycling more and more silver even at todays prices due to all the we buy gold and silver commercials and signs on every block then I would suggest you don't believe everything you read on the internet...because I don't know many experts in any field that just post on the internet and give their information away for free...theres always a book or brochure that one must buy lol....


I AGREE WITH YOU silver is a great investment...but what I don't agree with you on is that all silver amounts are a great investment..i wouldn't pay spot for 100 oz or less let alone spot plus a premium....1000oz bars are a different beast and those 50 cent dollar swings start to add up really quickly at 1000+ oz but to make real money you would need thousands and thousands of oz
jerryw is offline  
Old 04-27-2013, 01:06 PM   #432 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 2,863
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsItUpCards View Post
Well, i've done pleanty of research since then...... Yes, I asked for opinions and such, but I was hoping that I would get up to date information.

I'm not here to argue with you or put words in your mouth. That's the job of the party poopers. You just wanted to join in on the sh!tting parade? It's not cool, trust me. I didn't say anything wrong to you, so you shouldn't either, just not cool. Don't let someone give you the finger(and I have), and then you take the hand, and finally the whole arm. I treat people how they deserve to be treated. But that's a whole other story for another day.

Right now, are we done with the silver convincing? Why do you keep assuming I will be buying 5-10 ounces? REALLY!? Let me guess, stop putting words in your mouth? You assume too much.

We done now??? I'm convinced.


3rd time you put words in my mouth guy...I didn't say you was buying 5-10 oz...I said people who buy it at 5-10 oz...I have not one time typed your username in a post
jerryw is offline  
Old 04-27-2013, 01:08 PM   #433 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 2,863
Default

invest in whatever you want but don't come here praising it as the best investment opportunity in the world like your signature says when its not in the top 10 in terms of ROI
jerryw is offline  
Old 04-27-2013, 01:11 PM   #434 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 2,863
Default

im done with this topic and this will be my last post in it..but homework and being an expert doesn't really mean anything....ask Bernie Madoffs clients
jerryw is offline  
Old 04-27-2013, 07:35 PM   #435 (permalink)
Member
 
SportsItUpCards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Collector since 1992
Posts: 13,080
Default

lol...

It is the best investment opportunity IMO. As well as the opinions of many reputable people. Just gotta do some more research. Not just opinions, but studying all types of different things all around.

Sometimes there are doctors who were taught things 20 years ago and are not current in the world, then you have those new students that learned everything for today, and do everything by the book, so.......

Sometimes it's never too late to learn new things. Just gotta go out there and gather as much information as you can! Both negative and positive information, and many times the truth lies somewhere in between. There is no cut and dry answer to anything. No one can clain to be an expert, doesn't matter if you've been in the business 100 years, or 1 day Were are in the information age, and you need to know when the info you're looking at is BS, or reputable. But every individual gotta deceide for themselves, and do what's right for them.

Thanks for your input guy! For future reference though, no need for labeling someone as "being off their rockers" just because you don't agree with them, and you see yourself as an "expert" because of your 10 years in your family's business. Conversation can be done without the same ol child bickering and name calling. I don't appreciate certain things you said, but I do appreciate your tips and advise.

Take care, and good fortune.
__________________
SportsItUpCards is offline  
Old 04-28-2013, 10:02 AM   #436 (permalink)
Member
 
37Jetson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: South Central PA
Posts: 10,917
Default

When the steel market recovers globally there will be a run on Nickel. It is hard to say when global demand will return, but the potential returns are enormous based on the last cycle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryw View Post
not just silver..all scrap..steels, casts, stainless steels both mag and non mag and all non ferrous metals...if you bring me 1000 dollars worth of old soup cans I have to by law report you to the irs for tax purposes...they wouldn't know if I didn't but if I get audited and they see I didn't report it I might as well close up shop because it will be miserable


and id rather invest in Inconel alloys...because of the high nickel content...and trust me nickel is going to explode huge..i buy it all day long for around 1.50 a pound and if I had to id mortgage my house if the shipment was big enough...everyone knows about silver, gold, copper..but its the rare earth minerals that will blow up huge..don't get me wrong I do have gold and silver by the 100s of ounces but I don't see a huge price increase anytime soon..and if it hits 100 in my lifetime ill be eating crow because I doubt that will happen
__________________
Concentrating on my personal collection. Please drop me a PM if you have any of the following for sale: Topps Football 1956-1959; 1961-1964, 1967-1968; Philadelphia Football 1964-1967, Autographs of Baseball/Football Vintage Stars and Hall of Famers (especially on card autos), 1990's Topps Chrome Refractor Inserts of all sports.
37Jetson is offline  
Old 04-28-2013, 10:15 AM   #437 (permalink)
Member
 
37Jetson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: South Central PA
Posts: 10,917
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsItUpCards View Post
Huh???

Individuals are the ones who throw items away, no? I'm "off my rockers"? lol

It's just so simple to understand...
Think about this for a second. If you have a metal anything I guarantee that somebody is going to recycle it before it hits a landfill. Why is this concept so difficult for you to grasp? No matter how small the recycler, a scrap dealer will be involved so what Jerry's is telling you is accurate versus the hype and bs you are getting from some prospectus.
__________________
Concentrating on my personal collection. Please drop me a PM if you have any of the following for sale: Topps Football 1956-1959; 1961-1964, 1967-1968; Philadelphia Football 1964-1967, Autographs of Baseball/Football Vintage Stars and Hall of Famers (especially on card autos), 1990's Topps Chrome Refractor Inserts of all sports.
37Jetson is offline  
Old 05-03-2013, 02:45 AM   #438 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 2,863
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsItUpCards View Post
lol...

It is the best investment opportunity IMO. As well as the opinions of many reputable people. Just gotta do some more research. Not just opinions, but studying all types of different things all around.

Sometimes there are doctors who were taught things 20 years ago and are not current in the world, then you have those new students that learned everything for today, and do everything by the book, so.......


Sometimes it's never too late to learn new things. Just gotta go out there and gather as much information as you can! Both negative and positive information, and many times the truth lies somewhere in between. There is no cut and dry answer to anything. No one can clain to be an expert, doesn't matter if you've been in the business 100 years, or 1 day Were are in the information age, and you need to know when the info you're looking at is BS, or reputable. But every individual gotta deceide for themselves, and do what's right for them.

Thanks for your input guy! For future reference though, no need for labeling someone as "being off their rockers" just because you don't agree with them, and you see yourself as an "expert" because of your 10 years in your family's business. Conversation can be done without the same ol child bickering and name calling. I don't appreciate certain things you said, but I do appreciate your tips and advise.

Take care, and good fortune.


ok I lied im back...if the larger size words was for me your wrong...im 28 years old graduated high school then started in the daily operations of the family business while attending college..and I am telling you. This is my business..if you dont think that I have not been "researching" all metals and precious metals your a fool i know a little something about the metals market..i never called myself an expert..I just said I know more then you do..and its blatantly obvious by your posts..

you claim experts but you haven't one time named these experts Your recycling the same old jargon over and over about 10,000 uses and these mystery experts that remain unnamed..which again reminds you not to believe everything you read on the internet.how you went from asking people when to buy to telling a person whose been around a scrapyard in some form or another their whole life your right and they are wrong is beyond me...but im telling you if it has a value chances are someone along the line will recycle it..whether its the person who bought it..or the garbage man..or the actual landfill if it has a value someone is recycling it...and to be frank I don't see silver hitting anywhere near 100 an ounce in our lifetime..as the dollar strengthens precious metal prices usually weaken and vica versa
jerryw is offline  
Old 05-03-2013, 02:52 AM   #439 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 2,863
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 37Jetson View Post
When the steel market recovers globally there will be a run on Nickel. It is hard to say when global demand will return, but the potential returns are enormous based on the last cycle.

my steel market has went down 10-20 per ton for the last 3 months so I have been stacking and not selling..but I sell directly to a steel mill so I have a lot bigger margin then the average guy off the streets..if I wanted to sell the inconnel solids I have been quoted 7.50 a pound for upto 10 tons then 7 for the rest I have but..like the op is in love with the shiny gloss of silver...im in love with the shininess of nickel lol but its not my only investment and I probably wont be the one who sells it whoever takes over after me will be because im in love with it haha
jerryw is offline  
Old 05-03-2013, 10:05 AM   #440 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 971
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsItUpCards View Post
But i'm not talking about "if it's in them" type situation.... I'm talking about major operations worldwide in the solo purchase of recycling silver. We can just bicker back and forth about it all day, but the fact is that it would cost A LOT to recycle silver in a large scale, thus why they don't do it, and instead use up all the reserves, and use up more each year then they're mining! That's my point.

Sure you will take the silver out of items when it comes to your yard, no doubt about it. You would have to be a fool to let that go to waste, and you're not. That's great profit for you! But that's not what i'm talking about...

Most of the sillver used, which it is used in more than 10,000 ways, is thrown away in landfills to be lost forever... they would rather take the easy way out and use up all the reserves and worry about it later. Only later it will run out, so they'll need to dig deeper, and start recycling in a MAJOR scale, which will cost A LOT!!!! So naturally the price of silver goes up.

Both sides(even the ones who don't buy, don't care about, or invest in silver, and just chose to come on a FORUM, and argue with others who do buy ) can sit here all day long and talk about how rare silver really is, and how it will dry up, and it WILL go up in high by a lot... but what good will that do? "Oh I told you so........"??? Those who don't want to invest... fine. But why come here and argue, and try to come up with stories? I'm not talking about you jerryw, just saying in general. Let the people who invest, invest, and stop trying to twist the thruth into your own arguement inducing made up stuff. That's fine that you want to poop on everyone elses' parade, but it gets old. Just go elsewhere with your negativity and made up lies, and just let us do our own RESEARCH, and actually get the real truth, and stop trying to hold us back with your bs. You're not holding me back, I will guarantee you that! You have weak headed people out there who falls for your bs, but not me. Again, i'm not talking to you jerryw, and don't wish to go back and forth with the drama wueens who will ask Oooooh who are you talking about then? GET A LIFE!!!! smh

Anyway, let's just talk about silver.... and let's stop twisting all the facts. If the REAL pros in the industry say certain things, do you think you know more than them? No. I'm taking long term, and WILL win this game. I will not sell when it's a price I don't like, so there is no losing. End of story. So try to poop on the parade as much as you want if it makes you feel better, but I would prefer, and for others sake as well, that you donnot try to taint this thread with your usual BS. Thank you and have a wonderful day!

Again jerryw, i'm not refering to you as a drama queen and all that You're ACTUALLY in the industry, so I will take your word before the know it alls... smh but what you were talking about above, is not what i'm talking about.
Let me reiterate, THE LARGEST PM dealer in the WORLD, OPM, only deals in recycled material 100%. Stop reading about these "experts" on the internet. Every so called "expert" is a PM dealer. Of course they are going to say Gold and Silver will take off. How come if all these people "know " silver is going to $100, do they still sell off their inventory.

Remember there were thousands of people just like yourself back in 1980, standing inline at the local coin store, saying "buy Silver now, it will never see $40 again" then it went back to $4.75, heck less than 4 years ago it was at $8. We will see the high teens again this year.


For those of you new to the PM markets, remember this is the time of year when people are selling( lower prices), now through August. I would not be buying any Pm's right now, unless you are buying below spot and just looking for a quick flip.


And after yesterday's news we should see Gold drop today(or early next week), which in turn means Silver will most likely go down as well.
twoten01 is offline  
Old 05-03-2013, 01:05 PM   #441 (permalink)
Member
 
sals_cardz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: 12th man, washington state
Posts: 2,779
Default

havent been on in a week and this thread is getting good lol.
sals_cardz is offline  
Old 05-03-2013, 01:38 PM   #442 (permalink)
Member
 
Zerokruel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 6,501
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryw View Post
my steel market has went down 10-20 per ton for the last 3 months so I have been stacking and not selling..but I sell directly to a steel mill so I have a lot bigger margin then the average guy off the streets..if I wanted to sell the inconnel solids I have been quoted 7.50 a pound for upto 10 tons then 7 for the rest I have but..like the op is in love with the shiny gloss of silver...im in love with the shininess of nickel lol but its not my only investment and I probably wont be the one who sells it whoever takes over after me will be because im in love with it haha
I'm in the middle of bidding out a several tons of Nickel Cadmium (heat exchangers) and Cupronickel (steam coils). Still waiting on the last two bids to come in - but this stuff is just expensive. I'm in the wrong business.
__________________
Currently looking for the following comic Books:
United Comics: 21,22,23,24,26
Tip Top: 173 & 184
Peanuts 1 (1953)
Peanuts: 1-4 (1963-64)
Zerokruel is offline  
Old 05-03-2013, 02:06 PM   #443 (permalink)
XL5
Member
 
XL5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Chicago
Posts: 6,434
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sals_cardz View Post
havent been on in a week and this thread is getting good lol.
I've seen it a million times. SportsItUpCards is convinced and invested. Nothing will change his mind or get him to accept facts.

Never fall in love with an investment. It's even worse than falling in love with a woman.
__________________
Want: 2010 Allen & Ginter N43 relics of Pujols, Markakis, Howard. Want: Konerko high-end, looking for any Konerko 2012 Topps S1 1/1s
My buckets: https://sites.google.com/site/xl5inventory/ My shipping: DC and mailed next business day. My LCSs: Elite Sports Cards, Chicago; Tim's Baseball Card Shop, Chicago
XL5 is offline  
Old 05-03-2013, 05:21 PM   #444 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 9,398
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by XL5 View Post
I've seen it a million times. SportsItUpCards is convinced and invested. Nothing will change his mind or get him to accept facts.

Never fall in love with an investment. It's even worse than falling in love with a woman.
This should be the title of the thread!

And never throw good money after bad.
__________________
"All I wanted was a Pepsi and she wouldn't give it to me."
fullmetal is offline  
Old 05-03-2013, 08:34 PM   #445 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 2,863
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerokruel View Post
I'm in the middle of bidding out a several tons of Nickel Cadmium (heat exchangers) and Cupronickel (steam coils). Still waiting on the last two bids to come in - but this stuff is just expensive. I'm in the wrong business.


make sure you take all your proceeds and invest in silver lol...many experts say its going to 100 an oz and it has over 10,000 uses hahahaha sorry I had to lol

scrap is a business you have to start out having money to get big..theres always someone willing to scoop in and eat you alive..the big dog in my area is alters and I have to sell them x amount per month just so I don't have to worry about them moving in and crushing me lol...they also own casinoS yes plural lol..I wouldn't stand a chance
jerryw is offline  
Old 05-03-2013, 09:35 PM   #446 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host
 
Pejarox7620's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Cali
Posts: 6,853
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullmetal View Post
This should be the title of the thread!

And never throw good money after bad.
+1,000,000

He is so biased it's ridiculous. No matter how many facts are given it's just in 1 ear and out the other. I'm surprised he didn't bring up Silhouettes in this thread yet, oh and SMH
__________________
Bucket:http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q229/Pejarox7620s_Collection/
Bio: http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/get-know-your-group-break-hosts/730763-pejarox7620.html
Current Open Group Breaks: Immaculate FB Hit Draft
Collecting: Raimel Tapia, Drew Brees
Pejarox7620 is offline  
Old 05-03-2013, 09:50 PM   #447 (permalink)
Member
 
GoJays's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 6,828
Default

*sigh* I remember when this thread was insightful. Convinced me to buy some more silver when it was low!

Oh well, lock it up and move on I guess .
__________________
I will leave my signature the same until the Toronto Maple Leafs win the Stanley Cup. In short, I will never change my signature.
GoJays is offline  
Old 05-03-2013, 10:46 PM   #448 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 2,863
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
*sigh* I remember when this thread was insightful. Convinced me to buy some more silver when it was low!

Oh well, lock it up and move on I guess .



it still is very insightful...its letting people not so knowledgeable know that just because one guy makes claims on silver because hes in love with it..that theres 2 sides to the story...and when your only argument is 10,000 uses and many experts say (keep in mind no references or names were given) then you need to hear the cons and quite frankly the guy using those arguments needs to hear the facts as well lol
jerryw is offline  
Old 05-04-2013, 12:04 PM   #449 (permalink)
Member
 
truchatterbox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 985
Default

All I can say is what was I thinking wasting all that money on wax in the 90's when I could have bought silver at chump change and made a mint now
__________________
Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the president."Theodore Roosevelt"
truchatterbox is offline  
Old 05-04-2013, 12:17 PM   #450 (permalink)
Member
 
sals_cardz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: 12th man, washington state
Posts: 2,779
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryw View Post
it still is very insightful...its letting people not so knowledgeable know that just because one guy makes claims on silver because hes in love with it..that theres 2 sides to the story...and when your only argument is 10,000 uses and many experts say (keep in mind no references or names were given) then you need to hear the cons and quite frankly the guy using those arguments needs to hear the facts as well lol
lol if you think this jerryw guy is someone to listen to you must be off your rocker. rofl. dude you only need to post facts not come in every thread to troll and say you're always right and everyone else is wrong.
sals_cardz is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:34 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright © 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.