Blowout Cards Forums
Hallowwen

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2013, 12:45 PM   #101 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoten01 View Post
Yeah I was just trying to buy a Kilo bar (for only .59 cents over spot per oz),and it crashed my whole computer I have had to reboot twice now. I still think we will see the high side of $21, but I am nervous that most of the physical will be sold out. One site I go to, has sold over 3,000 ozs, since 11pm last night, and they are a tiny site. I cant imagine wh Provident, and Apmex, are doing these last few and the next few days.
How do you normally pay? I'd like to do credit card but it seems wire transfer is cheaper. Any suggestions?

edit: nevermind the transfer, it's a $2500 minimum. Perhaps I'll try to use a check as it's the same rate
Follow Me On Twitter @SportCardBuffet

Last edited by SportCardBuffet; 04-15-2013 at 12:52 PM.
Old 04-15-2013, 12:52 PM   #102 (permalink)

Can someone explain to me why people are still paying over $300 for 10oz bars on ebay even though you can buy them from sites for much cheaper?
Old 04-15-2013, 12:58 PM   #103 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by creamybeige View Post
Can someone explain to me why people are still paying over $300 for 10oz bars on ebay even though you can buy them from sites for much cheaper?
Because it's ebay....
Follow Me On Twitter @SportCardBuffet
Old 04-15-2013, 01:01 PM   #104 (permalink)

The best deals I have been able to find, is the generic rounds from direct from the manufacture. The premiums are very low when you go this way - but not everyone likes generic rounds.
Peanuts 1 (1953)
Peanuts: 1-4 (1963-64)
Old 04-15-2013, 01:26 PM   #105 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportCardBuffet View Post
How do you normally pay? I'd like to do credit card but it seems wire transfer is cheaper. Any suggestions?

edit: nevermind the transfer, it's a $2500 minimum. Perhaps I'll try to use a check as it's the same rate
I usually send money orders. I don't use credit unless I have to. Especially not on PM purchases. Yeah a couple of sites are $1500 min. If i am ordering that amount or more, I always do a bank transfer, but it is free for me, and it usually costs $15-$20per trasnfer, so a MO(if you are inpatient, or paranoid) or CC, is easier.
Old 04-15-2013, 01:33 PM   #106 (permalink)

Quote:
Well on most sites say the 10 oz bar is $250, that is cash price, so if using dc or cc it is going to be around $259, then $9to $11 for shipping, so it is $268 to $270. So you have some that are willing to pay $30 extra to have the silver in 2-3 days, instead of a week or two. Most ebayers bid up PM prices within the first few minutes of the auction, which is very stupid, becuase now you have people paying $320 for a 10 oz bar, becuase that was the going rate when the auction started. If there is one item on ebay that you should wait until the last second to bid on, it would be PM's. but it is the exact opposite way. Just goes to show you, that most members of our society are morons.
Old 04-15-2013, 01:55 PM   #107 (permalink)

Can ebay metal purchases be abused like cards? example: Buyer file a claim two weeks later, after the price has dropped?
Old 04-15-2013, 02:03 PM   #108 (permalink)

I feel sorry for all the "devoted fans" of the Glenn Beck and Rush Limbaugh talk-radio types who were bilked into believing in the impending economic apocalypse and to buy "GOLD GOLD GOLD" (which conveniently their sponsors sold) because it was the only "sure" thing.

Yeah...not so much.
Old 04-15-2013, 03:04 PM   #109 (permalink)

It did not open up at 21.85,but it sure is trying to close there.

My father has been into metals since the 50's. He said people like George Soros and his followers are doing this to the silver market intentionally. I didn;t even know who the guy was until today
Old 04-15-2013, 03:09 PM   #110 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilsonValdez View Post
I feel sorry for all the "devoted fans" of the Glenn Beck and Rush Limbaugh talk-radio types who were bilked into believing in the impending economic apocalypse and to buy "GOLD GOLD GOLD" (which conveniently their sponsors sold) because it was the only "sure" thing.

Yeah...not so much.
Meh. Those guys are bums, and they were decades late to the party anyway.

The small contingent of "Austrian economists" have been saying to buy gold/silver for as long as they've been around. I'd say their track record is looking a little better.
Old 04-15-2013, 03:43 PM   #111 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibberish View Post
It did not open up at 21.85,but it sure is trying to close there.

My father has been into metals since the 50's. He said people like George Soros and his followers are doing this to the silver market intentionally. I didn;t even know who the guy was until today
yep CRIMEX and the feds up to their typical games... All it takes is for one strong hold who owes paper silver to ask for delievery then watch out
Old 04-15-2013, 07:48 PM   #112 (permalink)

Quote:
Silver is projected to opening Monday at $21.85...I would refrain from buying silly over the weekend
You were right! Just about... It's at $22.70 right now, so pretty darn close!

Where did you get this info from?
Old 04-15-2013, 07:50 PM   #113 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsItUpCards View Post
You were right! Just about... It's at $22.70 right now, so pretty darn close!

Where did you get this info from?
He said it would OPEN at 21 and change, not close near it... not that there's anything wrong with that.

still good info
Old 04-15-2013, 08:04 PM   #114 (permalink)

Quote:

Yeah...not so much.

You can't help but take pot-shots at people who disagree with you politically, can you?

One day, the economy will implode. Even Rome fell. If the economy implodes, people holding commodities, such as gold, silver, seeds, ammo, land, etc. will be in a better position than those holding the paper dollars of the collapsed monetary system.

I'm so tired of people who claim to love America but can't stand their fellow Americans.

Now back to the real story, silver and gold have yet to find their floor. I'm not interested in trying to catch a falling knife. I bought some silver at $29-30 and I'm not worried because it will return to those levels and then some.

I'm thinking silver bottoms somewhere around $18.50/ oz and once it finds some support, I'm a buyer. Its the buying opportunity of the year.
“Life is a storm, my young friend. You will bask in the sunlight one moment, be shattered on the rocks the next. What makes you a man is what you do when that storm comes. You must look into that storm and shout as you did in Rome. Do your worst, for I will do mine! Then the fates will know you as we know you.”

Last edited by frozenntimesports; 04-15-2013 at 08:09 PM.
Old 04-15-2013, 08:11 PM   #115 (permalink)

It is a little too early to bury Gold and Silver. The US Dollar is showing some signs of strength primarily because the economy of the rest of the world is in the crapper.

I think that Silver has been overhyped and manipulated in the past few years. Whenever I hear there is only xxx,xxx pounds left in the ground my BS meter goes off. Silver should be good in the long term, but watch out for the Shucksters.

Quote:

Yeah...not so much.
Concentrating on my personal collection. Please drop me a PM if you have any of the following for sale: Topps Football 1956-1959; 1961-1964, 1967-1968; Philadelphia Football 1964-1967, Autographs of Baseball/Football Vintage Stars and Hall of Famers (especially on card autos), 1990's Topps Chrome Refractor Inserts of all sports.
Old 04-15-2013, 08:19 PM   #116 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 37Jetson View Post
It is a little too early to bury Gold and Silver. The US Dollar is showing some signs of strength primarily because the economy of the rest of the world is in the crapper.

I think that Silver has been overhyped and manipulated in the past few years. Whenever I hear there is only xxx,xxx pounds left in the ground my BS meter goes off. Silver should be good in the long term, but watch out for the Shucksters.

The U.S. Dollar is like the skinniest girl at the fat farm.

Everything I do is long term. I'm 35, I've got at least 30 more working years in me. There is actually less silver out there than gold, but gold is higher because its been more valuable historically and national banks and countries hold gold reserves whereas they do not generally hold silver.

Interestingly a lot of the good suppliers of silver coins are suddenly out of stock. Yeah right, they are holding for a rebound rather than taking a bath.
“Life is a storm, my young friend. You will bask in the sunlight one moment, be shattered on the rocks the next. What makes you a man is what you do when that storm comes. You must look into that storm and shout as you did in Rome. Do your worst, for I will do mine! Then the fates will know you as we know you.”
Old 04-15-2013, 08:23 PM   #117 (permalink)

if it drops below $20 soon it will be hard for me not to buy some nice 10oz bars
Old 04-15-2013, 08:27 PM   #118 (permalink)

Quote:
if it drops below $20 soon it will be hard for me not to buy some nice 10oz bars
Absolutely. I'm broke but I will find some money.
Old 04-15-2013, 08:29 PM   #119 (permalink)

Quote:
This is what i'm waiting for...
Old 04-15-2013, 08:57 PM   #120 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsItUpCards View Post
This is what i'm waiting for...
Thursday is a fair guess. Friday should be the last "low" day.

Anything at 20 would be a good buy, even if it does hit 17
It will surge terribly at summers open and keep it up through July
The "tarded" groups are screaming 100.00 as a cap and it is bast on straight line projections using spikes over the last 12 years as well as peak % values
It means they think silver is biblical....

I say 52ish for a peak with a rush shot at low 60,but no more.

Take out a loan
Even at 7% on a 12 month load, a 10k loan will cost you 11.25 over 6 months, with the summer spike, you will pay it off in full by August,
The rush will stimulate another sell off,so if you keep crossing your fingers and waiting, you will end up unloading at 40 and slapping your head.

Anyway
Play smart and play safe. It is all a gamble and a gamble where the house is controlled by the whales and the whales can just cornhole everyone for shits and giggles so do not go swimming if you can;t afford to get water logged
Old 04-15-2013, 09:02 PM   #121 (permalink)

Quote:
Thursday is a fair guess. Friday should be the last "low" day.

Anything at 20 would be a good buy, even if it does hit 17
It will surge terribly at summers open and keep it up through July
The "tarded" groups are screaming 100.00 as a cap and it is bast on straight line projections using spikes over the last 12 years as well as peak % values
It means they think silver is biblical....

I say 52ish for a peak with a rush shot at low 60,but no more.

Take out a loan
Even at 7% on a 12 month load, a 10k loan will cost you 11.25 over 6 months, with the summer spike, you will pay it off in full by August,
The rush will stimulate another sell off,so if you keep crossing your fingers and waiting, you will end up unloading at 40 and slapping your head.

Anyway
Play smart and play safe. It is all a gamble and a gamble where the house is controlled by the whales and the whales can just cornhole everyone for shits and giggles so do not go swimming if you can;t afford to get water logged
I love you!!! Thank you for this advise... you've been right already, and hope you're right again.
Old 04-15-2013, 09:14 PM   #122 (permalink)

I bought some silver today. Figured I'd buy a little today, and save the rest for the end of the week (incase somehow silver goes up).

Anyways, I'm excited. Thursday/Friday should be the lowest we see gold/silver for a while. Now is definitely the time to buy.
Old 04-15-2013, 10:00 PM   #123 (permalink)

John Paulson lost $640 million on paper since Friday.

I've preached against metals as a long for the last year. When interest rates rise, inflation stays within reason and the dollar strengthens money will again pull out of metal, as it has throughout history.
Old 04-15-2013, 11:22 PM   #124 (permalink)

I wish I saw this thread earlier...made a bad investment in silver. Oh well. Looking forward to buying more.
Old 04-15-2013, 11:33 PM   #125 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pakman916 View Post
I wish I saw this thread earlier...made a bad investment in silver. Oh well. Looking forward to buying more.
I made the same mistake with some gold I bought last week or two... oh well.