Blowout Cards Forums
4/4/14 Coupon

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2013, 03:20 PM   #151 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by calculusdork View Post
I don't pride myself on being a "conspiracy theorist", but I wonder what's really going on behind the scenes to make the prices drop. I don't think demand has really changed at all.
I don't follow this stuff super closely, but my understanding was part of it is due to the rumors that some central banks in Europe were going to start offloading gold as part of their IMF bailouts and flood the markets, starting with Cyprus.

And then Cyprus said it was going to do just that today: Cyprus Finance Minister Sees Gold Sale Within Next Months - Bloomberg

[Inactive]
Old 04-17-2013, 05:50 PM   #152 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
Cyclical selloffs mixed with dumb reco's on "sell" by dummy analyst.

If you create enough fear in the marketplace by selling a load to weaken prices, you can get the lemmings to believe the "sell" reco and people start dumping.

In my opinion there is no way gold hits $800 anytime soon or ever for that matter. Its obvious someone is buying it up!!!

Its just like gas prices and futures played on barrels of oil. 2 yrs ago a B of oil was like $87. Prices were less than $1/litre. Today they are below $100 per B but prices are still the same for gas as if were sitting at $130/b. Once that bar is set, its used as a gauging factor.

I have a question for those that listed prices earlier. When you quote $1675/oz for gold, what is the price you can actually sell it for and net after taking into factor all expenses?
HAAH that's right!
Call in those margins and you sell your whole portfolio waiting for a drop.

Monkey:
I think that's BS and it wont do much.
400million dollars in excess reserve gold is going up for sale... that's it.
I know that is a large amnt to you and I but please consider this.
India Buys IMF Gold to Boost Reserves as Dollar Drops (Update2) - Bloomberg

In 2009 India bought 200 tons of gold from the IMF and was looking to buy another 200 tons from the IMF but was not able too b/c the IMF never put it up for sale
Gold Bears Scarce in India as Rout Lures Buyers to Bazaar - Bloomberg

Again this is one of many articles about it.
I bought 10 1oz rounds myself on this dip and am looking to pick up a few thousand ozs of silver if it tests 18.
Watch the charts they do not lie.
Old 04-17-2013, 06:23 PM   #153 (permalink)

These are pretty cool and currently only $2 over spot:

2013 1 Kilo Australian Silver Koala - YouTube

Last edited by mwheeler27; 04-17-2013 at 06:40 PM.
Old 04-17-2013, 07:04 PM   #154 (permalink)

Can someone please explain why sites like scottsdale silver charge over spot value for silver? I'm new to the silver world, so sorry if this is a dumb question.

I'm assuming it's because of production costs, time, labor, etc?

I was interested in buying "the one" 10 silver 1 troy oz bars from scottsdale silver, but it's like $40 over the price of silver. Just wanted to make sure this is normal and make sure they are a reputable company. I saw them mentioned in this thread and they seem completely legit, but just wanted to make sure.

On a side note, I found a 1943 Quarter in my change today lol. I always check it for silver containing coins and this was my first time actually finding one in months. I was pretty excited.
Old 04-17-2013, 07:09 PM   #155 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by columbusbuckeye View Post
Can someone please explain why sites like scottsdale silver charge over spot value for silver? I'm new to the silver world, so sorry if this is a dumb question.

I'm assuming it's because of production costs, time, labor, etc?

I was interested in buying "the one" 10 silver 1 troy oz bars from scottsdale silver, but it's like $40 over the price of silver. Just wanted to make sure this is normal and make sure they are a reputable company. I saw them mentioned in this thread and they seem completely legit, but just wanted to make sure.

On a side note, I found a 1943 Quarter in my change today lol. I always check it for silver containing coins and this was my first time actually finding one in months. I was pretty excited.
LOL I love finding silver change in my change ahah!

Over spot is always normal and you have it correct.
If you can buy from a local you normally can buy at spot I also like junk silver which in some cases will be less than spot or on par with the spot price as well.
Glty!
Old 04-17-2013, 08:32 PM   #156 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thor_rider08 View Post
LOL I love finding silver change in my change ahah!

Over spot is always normal and you have it correct.
If you can buy from a local you normally can buy at spot I also like junk silver which in some cases will be less than spot or on par with the spot price as well.
Glty!
Thanks mate! I appreciate the help.

I need to try to find a local dealer, but I'm not really sure where to look? Coin shops, jewelry stores?
Old 04-17-2013, 08:48 PM   #157 (permalink)

Well, I just bought my first oz of silver today. Hopefully this thread didn't steer me wrong. I don't want to lose my $25
(Disclaimer: I'm a straight male, not a pedophile, and I do not find the ponies sexually attractive.)
Old 04-17-2013, 10:03 PM   #158 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeymcgee View Post
I don't follow this stuff super closely, but my understanding was part of it is due to the rumors that some central banks in Europe were going to start offloading gold as part of their IMF bailouts and flood the markets, starting with Cyprus.

And then Cyprus said it was going to do just that today: Cyprus Finance Minister Sees Gold Sale Within Next Months - Bloomberg

How much gold could Cyrpus possibly have had though?
Old 04-17-2013, 10:53 PM   #159 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKHMERICA View Post
Well, I just bought my first oz of silver today. Hopefully this thread didn't steer me wrong. I don't want to lose my $25
Congratulations!!! You're in the game...
Old 04-17-2013, 11:12 PM   #160 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by columbusbuckeye View Post
Thanks mate! I appreciate the help.

I need to try to find a local dealer, but I'm not really sure where to look? Coin shops, jewelry stores?
Places like that will work but make sure you do your DD and know what you are buying. I buy silver for silver. I do not buy collector coins or graded coins unless I am getting them for a great deal.
I would try CL just make sure again you know what your buying.
Read up on tips to buy silver etc and what to watch out for.
The only time I buy big bars is online from trusted sellers or if I can get a silver content report from the local assayer.
Again glty!
Old 04-17-2013, 11:16 PM   #161 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozenntimesports View Post
How much gold could Cyrpus possibly have had though?
I think Cyprus is considered just the first one. Spain, Portugal, and others may be forced to do the same.

I'd trust the others if they say this is not related. I just very tangentially follow this where it fits into some other interests.

[Inactive]
Old 04-17-2013, 11:26 PM   #162 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
I think Cyprus is considered just the first one. Spain, Portugal, and others may be forced to do the same.

I'd trust the others if they say this is not related. I just very tangentially follow this where it fits into some other interests.
Im willing to bet they already pilfered all of their gold reserves. India and China have been buying it all up for the past decade. All the EU aside from France and Germany has left is paper notes reading "I Owe you"
Old 04-18-2013, 07:37 AM   #163 (permalink)

Quote:
I trust that others have read and researched, but we are in uncharted territory here with the impending Euro Collapse (it is coming).

If a bunch of sovereign countries just dump their gold, it will increase supply and price should go down, but that will last only as long as another country doesn't buy a lot of it up.

Last year China and India were buying gold by the ton.

Curious that there was no dead cat bounce on gold, it could be poised to break through 1200.
Old 04-18-2013, 08:30 PM   #164 (permalink)

What happened to the lowest price of silver on Thursday?

Someone mentioned that today would be the lowest closing price.... I wonder where they got that info from?

Darnit, I was waiting to buy today. I could have bought when it was $22 and change the other day.
Old 04-18-2013, 08:46 PM   #165 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsItUpCards View Post

Someone mentioned that today would be the lowest closing price.... I wonder where they got that info from?

Darnit, I was waiting to buy today. I could have bought when it was $22 and change the other day.
same..........
Old 04-18-2013, 09:11 PM   #166 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportCardBuffet View Post
same..........
A $1 really makes a big difference... epsecially when it comes to the 100oz blocks!

Bad enough many places have some really high premiums. This sucks, hard to tell when to go in for the kill.
Old 04-18-2013, 09:21 PM   #167 (permalink)

Quote:
A $1 really makes a big difference... epsecially when it comes to the 100oz blocks!

Bad enough many places have some really high premiums. This sucks, hard to tell when to go in for the kill.
Hopefully when you do decide to pull the trigger, you will be able to buy what you want. Some people have been complaining about not finding silver lately.
Old 04-18-2013, 09:25 PM   #168 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwheeler27 View Post
Hopefully when you do decide to pull the trigger, you will be able to buy what you want. Some people have been complaining about not finding silver lately.
I know what you mean... so true. But I don't think i'll have that problem, as I already know what i'll be getting, and it's not the shinny stuff

Heck, the gold too! It was $1,330 and some change the other day. I keep hearing these crazy stories on Bloomberg news, that gold might go below $800!!! So I figure, silver can follow? Well, it should I guess. Very common that it does follow, and very rarely will it stand alone. So hard to deceide. Hopefully within the next week or two it goes down a few bucks, that would help A LOT!!!!
Old 04-18-2013, 09:29 PM   #169 (permalink)

A foolproof place.... The Internet

Quote:
I wonder where they got that info from?
Old 04-18-2013, 09:33 PM   #170 (permalink)

Quote:

Man up. Don't say SOMEONE or THEY unless you really forgot my user name or lack the ability to review past pages

Also, learn your market.

I didn;t report George Soros dead at 11am this morning, causing the market to rebound from the 22.40 it was siting at and the 21.00/share that was in the front window....to the 23.16 it closed at
I also did not recant the rumor after the market closed either,ensuring silver would rise all day

If you have questions,ask them, if you have sour grapes with no knowledge behind it, then refrain from asking my metal questions or listening to my advice, simple stuff

Google his name now.
Old 04-18-2013, 09:35 PM   #171 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 37Jetson View Post
A foolproof place.... The Internet

French Model Commercial (CC) Full-length - YouTube
Old 04-18-2013, 09:41 PM   #172 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibberish View Post
Man up. Don't say SOMEONE or THEY unless you really forgot my user name or lack the ability to review past pages

Also, learn your market.
O....... K........

I actually didn't know who said that. Appearently you did. I wasn't attacking you or anything like that, HAHA. Yes, I didn't feel like going back and reading through everything to confirm who said it. Relax. It wasn't an attack... I appreciate everything you and others have said. I'm sure you said some useful things. Forgive me for not taking a mental note on who said what. You must have the best memory if you can pull that off. But yeah, I was definitely too lazy to read back. But it wasn't an attack anyway... I actually took that piece of advise as previous advise had been currect(almost...).

I think at the end of the day, no one can really learn the market well enough to make a difference. If it could be learned..... there would be many Billionares out there that got rich off of silver. But that's not the case.

I think this is pretty much all that can be "learned" on the internet French Model Commercial (CC) Full-length - YouTube

And yes yes yes yes, I know, you read the wall street juornal
Old 04-18-2013, 09:46 PM   #173 (permalink)

I Under stand you do not know me nor are you used to my posts.

I do not get mad or lash out but I am blunt. I also did not think ti was an attack. I did think you were trying to be coy and subtle since click the previous page would have told you.

learn your market simply meant to learn the outlaying principles relating to what can directly effect a markets share. That was not a quip or an insult.
Old 04-18-2013, 09:52 PM   #174 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibberish View Post
I Under stand you do not know me nor are you used to my posts.

I do not get mad or lash out but I am blunt. I also did not think ti was an attack. I did think you were trying to be coy and subtle since click the previous page would have told you.

learn your market simply meant to learn the outlaying principles relating to what can directly effect a markets share. That was not a quip or an insult.
Well i'll surely remember you now!

But yeah, no hard feelings....

I've actually done quiet a bit of research on silver and know most things that can affect price. Sure there is pleanty more I can learn. A little at a time.

I wasn't trying to blame anyone for not getting it at $22 and change haha... just a joke. If I were serious, that would make me 13 years old But yeah, I don't expect anyone to have a magic wand, or crystal ball... however, since some advise was very close, I figured i'd wait. Id that your fault? Of course not!

No hard feelings. Sorry for the confusion.
Old 04-18-2013, 10:01 PM   #175 (permalink)

I also have not read the wallstreet in more than 20 years.

The journal does jack for investing other than to spoon feed data that is meant to coral people into certain directions.

You need to find out who the 20 movers and shakers are in the market you are focused on.
Find out what direction the market trends during specific times
Summer,spring,etc
Elections
Disasters
Fuel costs
etc,etc

When you have all of that on-hand at any given time, can see what effects the market in what direction whether it is metal,tech...anything,then you will be able to make safe projections for yourself and others.

BUT

Like today, there is always a snake or 50 in every market. Rueters did something that was structured to intentionally influence the market. Why ? A person can guess, but the result was obvious

Now, if George Soros finds this funny,then it;s a funny thing, but if he sees it as an attempt to wrestle market control from him,well....what would you do to your favorite toy if someone took it away from you ?

TOmorrow will either see slow, but moderate growth or a drastic south change.

My advice, watch the market tomorrow, check it every 15 minutes.
I use
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ltracker&hl=en
It's easier for me to look down at my phone than to surf the web.
If I see a market moving 1 way or another,then I hope on the comp and begin searching for why.

I also had intended to post when it was announced Soros died today,but I was suspended for offending a member who didn't like being called a drama-tard....regardless of the fact it was true and obvious