Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2013, 06:33 PM   #176 (permalink)

You're the best Gibberish!

Yes, i'm talking to YOU! Sorry, not "you" but, Gibberish!!! haha

I will be doing some more research this weekend based on your tips. Thanks a lot man, you surely know your stuff, and must have been doing this for a very long time.

Any predictions for opening price of silver, or gold, for this Monday coming?

Waiting to pull the trigger is harder than I thought. I know buying a small amount a little at a time is definitely something to do, and I have been doing that, but I want to make a little larger than normal purchase, so just waiting for the right moment to strike.
Old 04-19-2013, 06:42 PM   #177 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsItUpCards View Post

I will be doing some more research this weekend based on your tips. Thanks a lot man, you surely know your stuff, and must have been doing this for a very long time.

Waiting to pull the trigger is harder than I thought. I know buying a small amount a little at a time is definitely something to do, and I have been doing that, but I want to make a little larger than normal purchase, so just waiting for the right moment to strike.
Thanks for everyone who posted something useful. I'm interested in picking up some silver just dont know who to purchase from yet, or what to purchase.
Old 04-19-2013, 06:48 PM   #178 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sals_cardz View Post
Thanks for everyone who posted something useful. I'm interested in picking up some silver just dont know who to purchase from yet, or what to purchase.
I'm glad this thread could make yet another person start taking action for their future, as the big dogs have been doing for so long Never too late to start... not starting is the problem.

I found this website and they seem very affordable Shopping Cart

But I will need to do more research on them. I'm sure they're just fine, but I like to make sure first, so as long as you do some research, you should be fine. And where did you heard that? The internet..... hahahaha
Old 04-19-2013, 06:48 PM   #179 (permalink)
Banned

Buying metals is just like buying your first home. You have to jump into the market some time. Do it when it suits you best.
Old 04-19-2013, 06:52 PM   #180 (permalink)

Quote:

Due to the word terrorist being used every 10 minutes, I would expect silver to Moe up Monday, but not by a ton due to the limited damage by the "Terrorists"
Old 04-19-2013, 06:53 PM   #181 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
Buying metals is just like buying your first home. You have to jump into the market some time. Do it when it suits you best.
Oh i've been buying.... but I want to make up for lost time. Looking to get a few hundred oz to have a better start. Too bad I didn't start back in 1999 or around there, but oh well. Better late then never. Since i'm looking to make a bigger purchase, I would like to save a few hundred $$$ if possible. Maybe that will cost me, who knows, might even go up higher. But that's the name of the game. My luck, i'll probably buy them and then within a week the price will drop $5 or $10 lol
Old 04-19-2013, 07:03 PM   #182 (permalink)

i want to get it in, but whats the best? bullion,coins,rounds,bars? any help would be awesome. thanks guys not looking for this for sure but just thoughts on how people feel about those ones that i listed. thanks in advance.
Old 04-19-2013, 07:13 PM   #183 (permalink)

Quote:
i want to get it in, but whats the best? bullion,coins,rounds,bars? any help would be awesome. thanks guys not looking for this for sure but just thoughts on how people feel about those ones that i listed. thanks in advance.
I'm no expert... but I would stick with bars. Unless you like the show dooms day preppers, then you will buy all the 1oz and lower so you can barter HAHAHA

But seriously, the premiums on smaller amounts is just crazy!!! The smaller you go, the higher the premium. The goal in my book is to get more oz for the cheap possible price. I would stick with 100oz bars, but my second choice would be 10oz bars. But I wouldn't waste my time with coins, and giant coins and all that. Once you start to like all the shinniness, then it's going in the collector side of things. I'm getting in as in investment, otherwise sure I would love to get come coins and all the nice shinny things out there. I think i'll be sticking to 100oz bars, and maybe some 10oz bars.

In the begining, I did buy a tube each of 1oz american eagles, and scottsdale hald oz roll, their quatter oz roll, and 1/4oz roll. Just thought it would be good to have a rool of each for whatever crazy reason. But the rest will be bars in high amonts, just 100oz and 10oz maybe, and everything in between like Kilo...
Old 04-19-2013, 07:53 PM   #184 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibberish View Post
Due to the word terrorist being used every 10 minutes, I would expect silver to Moe up Monday, but not by a ton due to the limited damage by the "Terrorists"
I'm pretty sure they have the last guy... so does this means prices go down?
Old 04-19-2013, 08:01 PM   #185 (permalink)

We will see $12 within 2-3 years.
Old 04-19-2013, 08:03 PM   #186 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullmetal View Post
We will see $12 within 2-3 years.
HAHA Really?

What makes to come to this conclusion? Not questioning your skills, just really interested to learn more. That would be GREAT!!!
Old 04-19-2013, 08:27 PM   #187 (permalink)
The Fantastic Store

Quote:
I'm no expert... but I would stick with bars. Unless you like the show dooms day preppers, then you will buy all the 1oz and lower so you can barter HAHAHA

But seriously, the premiums on smaller amounts is just crazy!!! The smaller you go, the higher the premium. The goal in my book is to get more oz for the cheap possible price. I would stick with 100oz bars, but my second choice would be 10oz bars. But I wouldn't waste my time with coins, and giant coins and all that. Once you start to like all the shinniness, then it's going in the collector side of things. I'm getting in as in investment, otherwise sure I would love to get come coins and all the nice shinny things out there. I think i'll be sticking to 100oz bars, and maybe some 10oz bars.

In the begining, I did buy a tube each of 1oz american eagles, and scottsdale hald oz roll, their quatter oz roll, and 1/4oz roll. Just thought it would be good to have a rool of each for whatever crazy reason. But the rest will be bars in high amonts, just 100oz and 10oz maybe, and everything in between like Kilo...
Cool, didn't realize the extra premium for the smaller amount. Not a huge difference in small purchases but in the long run it makes since to do the bigger sizes.
Follow Me On Twitter @SportCardBuffet
Old 04-19-2013, 08:37 PM   #188 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportCardBuffet View Post
Cool, didn't realize the extra premium for the smaller amount. Not a huge difference in small purchases but in the long run it makes since to do the bigger sizes.
Yeah, buying one or two coins, or very small bars, you can't really see it. But then try to add a 100 oz bar to your chart, and add smaller sizes like 1 oz and lower, in the amount of 100 total oz and add that to your chart as well, then look at the difference!

Nice little trick I taught myself Add all different things to your shopping chart, all to add up to 100 oz, then look at all the different prices.

Bottom line is, Silver IS Silver. You can pay top dollar for the shinny stuff, or way less for the less shinny stuff. Doesn't make a difference. I guess people are under the impression that they will be bartering with a 100 different people or something, once the aliens invade. In reality, this is an investment, and when you go in to cash out, it's better to smack 100 oz bars on the table to make things fast and easy, and cash out.

When the time comes, all I need to do is take a drive to Manhattan(NYC), and smack my 100 oz bars on the table, and they will buy them all at very little below spot. No mailing in, nothing. To it's much easier to just do 100 oz, and possibly even 1000 oz bars one day........ for now, the 100 and 10, and everything in between will do for me.

Also, when it comes to putting your silver in a safety deposit box in a bank, just imagine how much space it will take when you have to put the individual 1 oz and lower, when they're all in, or many of them, are in plastic. Too much space and hassle imo. Good luck to you no matter what you deceide.

But remember, there is no right or wrong answer... it's just preference. This is what will work for me. Others might have different stories, and ways of getting rid of their silver when the time comes. I will have some smaller, and I already do, but very little. I think having some is a good idea, but not most of your silver. Just my opinion though.
Old 04-19-2013, 08:51 PM   #189 (permalink)

Easier to fill 100oz bars, hence the premium on smaller coins and bars

Fill is when you tap,core,drop in other metals,fill and smooth then sell as a 100oz 999 silver bar

Lot of that crap going on since 9/11
I avoid anything over 10oz in bar form
Old 04-19-2013, 08:54 PM   #190 (permalink)

Quote:
Easier to fill 100oz bars, hence the premium on smaller coins and bars

Fill is when you tap,core,drop in other metals,fill and smooth then sell as a 100oz 999 silver bar

Lot of that crap going on since 9/11
I avoid anything over 10oz in bar form
Yeah i've heard of that... but I won't be buying from ebay, or people on craigslist. Just top reputable sellers. No where else. They can always be tracked back at worst, but should be no problem with the big boys.
Old 04-19-2013, 09:03 PM   #191 (permalink)

Quote:
Yeah i've heard of that... but I won't be buying from ebay, or people on craigslist. Just top reputable sellers. No where else. They can always be tracked back at worst, but should be no problem with the big boys.
Not going to piss on anyone,but 2 of the 4 largest sellers to the public,have been accused of it just since last summer

Google...educate yourself before you make your investment.
If I were selling, I would help you out, but...I can't give money away
Old 04-19-2013, 09:06 PM   #192 (permalink)

Quote:
Not going to piss on anyone,but 2 of the 4 largest sellers to the public,have been accused of it just since last summer

Wow which sellers? I've checked for comlaints in general and who to look out for, but none of the big sellers I know anyway had complaints. Will definitely do more and more research this weekend.

Oh nice! So I know who to talk to when selling. How much are we talking, what percent? For gold, I get 98% here in NYC. For silver is was $1 under spot, but not sure if it goes higher how much it would be then.
Old 04-19-2013, 09:21 PM   #193 (permalink)

Quote:

Thanks for the info bro, so its best to buy 10 oz bars over the bigger sizes then?
Old 04-19-2013, 09:28 PM   #194 (permalink)

Quote:
Thanks for the info bro, so its best to buy 10 oz bars over the bigger sizes then?
You should be fine as long as you're buying from top sellers. I wonder which sellers he's talking about? Can you tell us which sellers?

I'll be going on google and also youtube and type in "fake 100 oz silver bar" and see what's what.
Old 04-19-2013, 10:29 PM   #195 (permalink)

This is gold, but it happened in NY, (I think you said you were be buying there?), and thought you might be interested in seeing it, if you haven't already:

Fake Gold Bars Turn Up in Manhattan NYC Breaking News - YouTube

I too would stay away from anything larger than 10 ounces.
Old 04-19-2013, 10:33 PM   #196 (permalink)

Found this video... pretty good info. Testing the different sounds of two 100 oz bars. Before I even watched the video, I already knew the top one was the real one. So there are many ways to test. No need to worry yourself. Obviously you can do the easy magnet test first. Then you can do sound like in this video, Or pay a small(?) fee to get it tested so you can rest easy. But it's not like silver is $500 an oz So there shouldn't be a ton of fake ones out there. Just buy from reputable sellers, professional companies, not individuals, and you should be fine. Heck, there are many fake 10 oz bars of gold, so 10 oz fakes are not out of the question, very easy for fakers to fake anything(almost). But 10 oz bars are definitely not a problem for them, as seen with the 10 oz gold bars. Obviously there will be more fake 10 oz gold bars then silver because of their current value, but it's only a matter of time that silver reaches record highs in which they will then make more fakes than ever.

Anyway, here is the video: Ring Test on a Real and Fake Engelhard 100oz Silver Bar - YouTube

There are MANY videos out there, so just check them out. Also google for articles. Videos do wonders though, you can hear!
Old 04-19-2013, 10:41 PM   #197 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwheeler27 View Post
This is gold, but it happened in NY, (I think you said you were be buying there?), and thought you might be interested in seeing it, if you haven't already:

Fake Gold Bars Turn Up in Manhattan NYC Breaking News - YouTube

I too would stay away from anything larger than 10 ounces.
Yep, sure did. That's one of the first fake bar videos I saw. But right there, it's 10 oz bars.... what's stopping anyone from making fake silver 10 oz bars? Heck, if they can make close to $300 for a 10 oz bar off of $20 or so worth of silver, then why not....

Just gotta buy from the reputable sellers, not "small" places like this. Sure it's a big buyer and seller, but still small compared to the companies like Apmex and so on?

I wouldn't walk in to a place like that and buy my gold and silver, let alone the "corner store" sellers haha. I could never sleep if I bought from places like that.

Everyone should test all their precious metals and not just store them away. Magnet test is a must. Sound test is also great. I wouldn't do acid though. Maybe bring it to the pro and see how much they charge to do a better test. I gotta look into cost for that. I think by buying the lowest possible(in high quantities, and buying the cheapest possible bars and not going for the shinny stuff), you're able to save $200 plus per 100 oz bar and use some of that money to rest easy at night and get a professional test done on it. Case closed. Just thought of this idea too I wanted to save $200+ per bar, but if I can spend some of that, I can live with it, and still probably save $100+

Buy silver is my opinion, and don't waste your time with the shinny stuff. Still silver.... silver is silver. No need to get fancy would be my advise to anyone thinking of buying. Save the extra money, and invest it in professionally testing your blocks, and then you're golden(or silvered?)
Old 04-19-2013, 10:45 PM   #198 (permalink)

Because drilling a 10oz bar,and filling,would make the person about 40.00

Sound test is not going to work if it is tapped at an end,going short-ways
Magnet doesnt work on many metals

Just dont fool yourself into thinking you are safe and have it covered.
Always be paranoid
Old 04-19-2013, 10:46 PM   #199 (permalink)

One thing to consider is "where" you will eventually be selling your gold. It will be important to realize you won't be one of the "reputable dealers".

Who will trust you with your 100 oz + bars?
Old 04-19-2013, 10:57 PM   #200 (permalink)

That's very true! Should always be super paranoid, but I hope I won't have to be.... good to be though

That's why I plan to spend some money to get these puppies tested!!! And save all the testing information when it comes time to sell.

Places where I would go have millions and millions of $$$ to pay at any given second(i'm lucky...), so it won't be an issue. They are highly qualified to test them before them buy and give cash on the spot! Now if I lived in a small town then I would have very limited opinions... but Manhattan is 20 minutes or so away. No problems selling. It's the buying at the right price that's the problem. If I were to test them when I buy them, is just for no to sleep easy, and to be able to take action right then and there, and definitely don't buy from the same people again. But I doubt I will have this problem with silver. But like I said, if i'll be saving some money, I might as well have them professionally tested and there goes that. A little money wasted up front, but not really just as long as I don't buy the shinny stuff.

It's definitely tricky business, but somebody's gotta do it... And this time it will be me! Rich uncle Charles didn't teach me... I had to find this myself. Still a lot more research to be done, but i'm aware of the potencial, so here I am. Hopefully you guys out there get into it as well. Obviously if you never invested in any gold and silver, you probably didn't have rich uncle Charles, or your dad JP... so best of luck to all of you, and hope you all do well.
Closed Thread