Blowout Cards Forums
Blaster Master

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2009, 08:15 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Another Unhappy fan of UPS - just some venting

Ordered some stuff from BO last Friday or Saturday night. Now it takes about 4-5 days to go from BO to Arizona so I knew to wait. UPS had it being delivered Today. So from the 15th to this afternoon the shipping was never updated just showed it was in Baltimore. Then it finally updated and said it arrived in Phoenix, then nothing until a few min ago and they rescheduled to MONDAY! I know they are busy but c'mon. Maybe they need to stop letting packages sit for days and just sort and deliver. I'm having more luck with the PO during the time of year than UPS. (not the first issue I've had with these guys out here either) I've deleted out some personal info from the tracking page below:

Your package is in the UPS system and has a rescheduled delivery date of 12/21/2009.
Tracking Information

Tracking Number:

In Transit - Rescheduled
Your shipment is moving within the UPS network and should be delivered on the posted Rescheduled Delivery Date. A shipment can remain in this status until it is delivered. Other than time-definite air deliveries, shipments are generally delivered anytime between the hours of 9 a.m. and 7 p.m. to residences, and by close of business for commercial addresses. UPS cannot schedule a specific delivery time within that window.

What should I do if I'm expecting a delivery?
This is the most up-to-date information about the status of your shipment. For residential deliveries that require a signature, you can leave instructions for the driver if no one will be home. For example, you can ask that it be delivered to a neighbor who will be home. Shipments that don't require a signature can be left in a safe place at the driver's discretion.

In Transit - Rescheduled
Rescheduled Delivery Date:
12/21/2009

Shipped/Billed On:
12/14/2009

Location Date Local Time DescriptionWhat's This?
PHOENIX, AZ, US 12/18/2009 12:11 P.M. ARRIVAL SCAN
BALTIMORE, MD, US 12/15/2009 10:27 A.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
12/15/2009 12:10 A.M. ARRIVAL SCAN
CHANTILLY, VA, US 12/14/2009 10:42 P.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
12/14/2009 8:40 P.M. ORIGIN SCAN
US 12/14/2009 5:25 P.M. BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED

Tracking results provided by UPS: 12/18/2009 8:07 P.M. ET
http://sportscardalbum.com/u/cactuspies
RIP Mom 10/8/09, PAPAJIM 11/22/10
Cactuspies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 08:21 PM   #2 (permalink)

I've had this problem and I've tackled it a few different ways.

1. I left my phone number on the door so they could call me when they were at my doorstep. This would at least let me talk to the driver and I'd try to work out a meet point that worked for both of us.

2. Call the UPS 1-800 number. If you sweet talk the CS Rep they might call the driver and arrange for a pickup somewhere, or maybe even a redelivery (depending on the time of day).

Don't give up
Old 12-19-2009, 12:17 AM   #3 (permalink)

For whatever reason it always takes 12-14 days for a box to get to me from Blowout. I live in Sacramento so I never really understand the length being so long.
Shelden916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 12:40 AM   #4 (permalink)

Average ship time from Blowout to me in Texas is generally a week. Blowout gets it out of the door quickly (Blowout rocks!), but UPS sure takes their sweet time about getting here.
MasterOfTheDark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 01:38 AM   #5 (permalink)

Give me the tracking number and I will reroute it so it will be a few more days before you get it.
Old 12-19-2009, 01:47 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by upsbroker06 View Post
Give me the tracking number and I will reroute it so it will be a few more days before you get it.
I knew there was a reason why I left off the tracking #. Maybe next time upsbroker06.
Funny story, once it took the UPS driver 4 days to find my unit #. They tried to deliver the package to the 3 other units around me. He or she was unable to follow the numbers correctly. I almost went to the processing building to pick it up myself. I had to leave a note on my door so they knew which one to drop off the box at.
http://sportscardalbum.com/u/cactuspies
RIP Mom 10/8/09, PAPAJIM 11/22/10
Cactuspies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 02:14 AM   #7 (permalink)
Banned

You guys are lucky! My "black Friday" stuff from BO arrived 10 days later. Then today i WAS going to order 3 cases BUT THE SHIPPING WAS $200+ to honolulu. BO has mean specials, but i guess hawaii isnt part of USA. errrrrrrrrrrrrrr
h4auto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 08:59 AM   #8 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfTheDark View Post
Average ship time from Blowout to me in Texas is generally a week. Blowout gets it out of the door quickly (Blowout rocks!), but UPS sure takes their sweet time about getting here.
upsbroker06, haven't you noticed, too, that UPS is really high on keeping packages floating around in their system?
oldgoldy97 is offline   Reply With Quote