Blowout Cards Forums
Super Break

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2013, 06:54 AM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by migraine View Post
I'm 3'8 and 456lbs.
That made me laugh.
Old 04-22-2013, 07:56 AM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAS239 View Post
When you say "workout"..are you lifting weights, cardio, or both? If your lifting weights as well and trying to gain muscle while losing weight at the same time, I'd recommend not weighing yourself every week. Since muscle weighs more than fat, you can lose fat while gaining muscle and be at the same weight or a little heavier. So the scale isn't always the for sure bet to make sure your staying in line and making progress. Unless your just focusing on cardio to cut weight, then disregard that.

But as some had mentioned before about it's important to take a day off from the gym once a week..if you're lifting weights, you don't need to take a day off. You just need to allow whatever muscle group you worked out to rest for about a 48 hour period before working it out again. So you workout chest and bi's Monday night, don't work them out again until at least Wednesday night. You don't need to take a day off, just allow adequate muscle rest inbetween your days.

Get a good protein powder as well and drink it daily. I have Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey Gold Standard and it tastes delicious.

I used to lift weights then 1 hour of cardio.
Truemountaineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 08:23 AM   #28 (permalink)

The Diet is way more important than working out. I lost 130 pounds over the course of last summer/fall without working out at all. Yes, I had more to lose so it was easier, but the diet is huge. Never did anything more than playing basketball or golfing (sometimes golfing 5 times a week but never walking). I used to drink Gatorade all the time and went to strictly water. Water and beer are really the only things I drink anymore. Try keeping yourself busy to limit snacking as well.
Old 04-22-2013, 08:52 AM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh611 View Post
The Diet is way more important than working out. I lost 130 pounds over the course of last summer/fall without working out at all. Yes, I had more to lose so it was easier, but the diet is huge. Never did anything more than playing basketball or golfing (sometimes golfing 5 times a week but never walking). I used to drink Gatorade all the time and went to strictly water. Water and beer are really the only things I drink anymore. Try keeping yourself busy to limit snacking as well.
Thank you for the tips
Old 04-22-2013, 02:27 PM   #30 (permalink)

For everyone who said to cut out the pop/soda completely they are spot on. Diet, regular it doesn't matter, give it up.

I was drinking 3-4 20oz Mountain Dew/Diet Mt. Dew a day and even more than that when I went out to eat.

About a year ago, (April 30th) I stopped drinking everything but water. The first day was a Monday, by Friday of that work week I couldn't come to work. I was run down, exhausted, and couldn't stay awake. It was horrible and I had to call off. That was the worst of it. My boss tried the same thing and he missed the 5th day also. Another co-worker quit on the 5th day and went back on the sauce.

After that it looked like my body learned how to burn its own fat stores for energy instead of relying on caffeine. I dropped 30 lbs without changing anything else. I was 289, down to 259.

Not to mention the $6-10+/day I was saving on buying drinks. The savings really adds up at restaurants too. Unfortunately, that was around the time I got back into cards so that money hasn't been saved as much as it has been... reallocated.

tl;dr

Give up pop (regular and diet)/caffeine and drink lots of water. Stop cold turkey, the fifth day will be the worst but don't give up. Lost 30lbs and didn't change anything else besides the pop and it worked even though my New Year's Resolution was to eat more cookies. (This year is eat NO cookies and it's going strong). If you work in an office get a big (32oz) or so what bottle and keep it filled up. Ice water will quench thirst but regular room temp water that's been sitting on your desk will make you feel less hungry.

Collecting Contenders QB Autos, Bryce Harper, and Kyrie Irving - PLEASE don't ship to me in a PWE.

Last edited by adamt326; 04-22-2013 at 02:30 PM.
adamt326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 02:42 PM   #31 (permalink)

Trying to lose some weight as well. I am 6'3" 290 lbs. Yes, almost 300 lbs haha but i do not look like it. I have a lot of muscle and I am in decent shape, but after baseball I got a little more of a belly, but i still weigh in at 285-290. Trying to drop the belly, not too concerned about loosing the weight, but would like to take off about 20 lbs.

I only drink coffee and water. Eating lots of fresh fruit and veggies. Only snack on pretzels (that is if i am craving anything) and a small piece of dove dark chocolate every now and then if im in the mood for sweets.

Have been eating lean meat (turkey and chicken breast) and limiting carbs and anything frozen or filled with preservatives. Heres a pic of me, when this was taken i was 290 lbs, doesn't look like it haha but its true.

Good luck to everyone! Keep checking in and keep us updated on the progress!

Check out my eBay store for great cards at great prices! Everything set OBO!
HOFcollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 04:44 PM   #32 (permalink)

Good luck! I'm not necessarily trying to lose weight, but I'm trying to eat healthier. Before about six months ago, I was drinking ~3 Mountain Dews a day and eating a pretty significant amount of junk food. Have managed to cut down to one or two sodas a week and significantly less junk food. And let me tell you...I can't believe how much better I've felt. I'd like to cut down on junk food yet and drink more water, but I'm getting there.

Now that the weather's warming up, I'm ready to start running/biking, too. Haven't been able to work out a whole lot because I can't stand treadmills.
lambeauleap87 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 05:01 PM   #33 (permalink)

Update: Just got home from school about 50 minutes ago, So I took a jog to the post office (4 miles from my house) and back. And i have only drank water today.
Old 04-22-2013, 07:39 PM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truemountaineer View Post
Update: Just got home from school about 50 minutes ago, So I took a jog to the post office (4 miles from my house) and back. And i have only drank water today.

That's not smart...
RBKSNIPZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 07:40 PM   #35 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBKSNIPZ View Post
That's not smart...
y is that..............
Old 04-22-2013, 07:59 PM   #36 (permalink)
Banned

I can have my doberman chase the @#$% out of you
migraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 08:02 PM   #37 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by migraine View Post
I can have my doberman chase the @#$% out of you
lol................
Old 04-22-2013, 08:02 PM   #38 (permalink)

Quote:
y is that..............

You havn't had nothing but water the whole day? I think thats not safe for you bro you have to eat, losing wait like that is not healthy, especially if you ran 4 miles you could pass out.
RBKSNIPZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 08:05 PM   #39 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBKSNIPZ View Post
You havn't had nothing but water the whole day? I think thats not safe for you bro you have to eat, losing wait like that is not healthy, especially if you ran 4 miles you could pass out.
I did have something to eat. I had a a nutrigrain bar
Old 04-22-2013, 08:10 PM   #40 (permalink)

The best way to diet and get healthy is just that: a diet. You need to eat for energy and so your body can run and operate. Just portion control and eating the right stuff will help so much

Check out my eBay store for great cards at great prices! Everything set OBO!
HOFcollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 08:18 PM   #41 (permalink)

ive always lived by these words

fuel your body, don't feed it

i try to eat as many fresh fruits and veggies as possible, fish is also one of my favorites
bkovach06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 05:38 PM   #42 (permalink)

Update #2

Have been sick all day (you dont want to know what with) I have been drinking lots of fluids (water) and managed to walk some (about .5 miles)
Old 04-23-2013, 05:40 PM   #43 (permalink)

A diet of one nutrigrain bar and water will do that to you, bro.

You need to be eating around 2,000 calories per day in small increments. The weight will melt off. Holy crap dude read up, don't hurt yourself
thestyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 06:39 PM   #44 (permalink)

This thread inspired me to finally get my bike out...have been meaning to do it for at least a month now. Not much of a runner, but I love biking. Got in about two and a half miles today.
lambeauleap87 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 06:51 PM   #45 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thestyle View Post
A diet of one nutrigrain bar and water will do that to you, bro.

You need to be eating around 2,000 calories per day in small increments. The weight will melt off. Holy crap dude read up, don't hurt yourself
More... aren't you 15 OP?
You need to fuel your body. Eating less doesn't change anything unless you severely over-eat.
During basketball season (2hrs/day 6 days a week) I take in 4,000 calories a day. I didn't gain a pound of fat. If you're working out, you need to eat.
Old 04-23-2013, 06:54 PM   #46 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBurg View Post
You need to fuel your body. Eating less doesn't change anything unless you severely over-eat.
During basketball season (2hrs/day 6 days a week) I take in 4,000 calories a day. I didn't gain a pound of fat. If you're working out, you need to eat.
I am a competitive cyclist and rack up 4500 cals per day. But if you are the average joe exercising a couple times per week there's no need for that
thestyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 07:19 PM   #47 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBurg View Post
i turned 16 last monday. And i play football. Just not this upcoming season im losing the weight to have surgery on my shoulder. And I agree I need to eat but Im afraid that im going to eat something bad. Wish I had that thought years ago...
Old 04-23-2013, 07:20 PM   #48 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambeauleap87 View Post
This thread inspired me to finally get my bike out...have been meaning to do it for at least a month now. Not much of a runner, but I love biking. Got in about two and a half miles today.
Nice job bud ...
Old 04-23-2013, 07:32 PM   #49 (permalink)

Quote:
i turned 16 last monday. And i play football. Just not this upcoming season im losing the weight to have surgery on my shoulder. And I agree I need to eat but Im afraid that im going to eat something bad. Wish I had that thought years ago...
Know your food, know your food, know your food.
Old 04-23-2013, 08:42 PM   #50 (permalink)

Quote:
You don't have to eat salads and grass everyday. The key to losing weight is burn more calories than you take in.

Download "my fitness pal" app. You can easily track how many calories you take in.

Eat good, but don't starve yourself. And eat every few hours to keep your metabolism going and burning calories.
CAS239 is offline   Reply With Quote