Blowout Cards Forums
Baseball Card Singles

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2013, 07:53 PM   #51 (permalink)

I am 6'5", 33 years old and weighed 278 lbs on 4/16/13. I've been walking three days a week, doing the Wii Fit Plus twice a week for about 15 minutes and cut back tremendously on the sodas.

Today I weighed in at 273 lbs.

My goal is 250 lbs by mid-summer.
slugger22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 08:25 PM   #52 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAS239 View Post
You don't have to eat salads and grass everyday. The key to losing weight is burn more calories than you take in.

Download "my fitness pal" app. You can easily track how many calories you take in.

Eat good, but don't starve yourself. And eat every few hours to keep your metabolism going and burning calories.
I will download that. Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by slugger22 View Post
I am 6'5", 33 years old and weighed 278 lbs on 4/16/13. I've been walking three days a week, doing the Wii Fit Plus twice a week for about 15 minutes and cut back tremendously on the sodas.

Today I weighed in at 273 lbs.

My goal is 250 lbs by mid-summer.
Nice good luck . The soda thing has been good so far have not had a drink of soda in 48 hours.
Blowout Apprentice season 3 final four contestant #BoomoGoesTheDynamite
Truemountaineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 08:44 PM   #53 (permalink)

I have lost 15 pounds last year over a 2 month span and here are some tips for you:
1. NO Soda
2. Eat 4 small meals (500 calories each)
3. No snacks
4. Get 8 hours of sleep = 500 calories burned
5. Be active at school (take longer walks to classes if
possible, stand whenever, flex your abs while
sitting and hold is a great workout)
6. Do not eat after 7 o'clock so you are digested before
bed
7. Find a hobby that is active
Old 04-23-2013, 10:15 PM   #54 (permalink)

If you want to lose weight, don't workout too much. You will build up muscle and gain weight because muscle ways 2x fat.

or something like that.

http://s1103.photobucket.com/albums/g462/teosdesserts/
teosdesserts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 10:21 PM   #55 (permalink)

A good way to lose weight is, lay on your stomach and have someone jump really high and land on your back. This way you will............. you will lose many pounds this way.

It's all about the 76ers in 2015...
SportsItUpCards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 10:29 PM   #56 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmer327 View Post
I have lost 15 pounds last year over a 2 month span and here are some tips for you:
1. NO Soda
2. Eat 4 small meals (500 calories each)
3. No snacks
4. Get 8 hours of sleep = 500 calories burned
5. Be active at school (take longer walks to classes if
possible, stand whenever, flex your abs while
sitting and hold is a great workout)
6. Do not eat after 7 o'clock so you are digested before
bed
7. Find a hobby that is active
Im doing most of those on the list. I have had 0 snacks (well an apple today)
Quote:
Originally Posted by teosdesserts View Post
If you want to lose weight, don't workout too much. You will build up muscle and gain weight because muscle ways 2x fat.
Thanks

or something like that.
Old 04-23-2013, 11:24 PM   #57 (permalink)

And instead of sitting on here, take a jog or walk.
Old 04-23-2013, 11:25 PM   #58 (permalink)

Quote:
But be sure to bring your smartphone with you so you can post while you're jogging.
thestyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 11:50 PM   #59 (permalink)

I am down over 20lbs and added 20lbs to my bench since Feb.
*Need Tomlinson /31 auto 2013 Supreme for rainbow*
imbaked247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 11:58 PM   #60 (permalink)

Quote:
Im on here alot today because im sick.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thestyle View Post
But be sure to bring your smartphone with you so you can post while you're jogging.
Quote:
Originally Posted by imbaked247 View Post
I am down over 20lbs and added 20lbs to my bench since Feb.
Wow very nice. When I worked out with the football team I could only bench 50...
Old 04-24-2013, 01:08 AM   #61 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truemountaineer View Post
Wow very nice. When I worked out with the football team I could only bench 50...
Doesn't the bar itself way 30?

I'm also slowly working out. 6 foot 4, 247lbs.

Ran 3/4 of a mile on the treadmill last night and walked 3/4 of a mile at 10 incline tonight and have only drank 1 Pepsi each day, orange juice or water replaced my other pepsi's. I cut out junk food both days and only ate healthier foods (cutie oranges and apples, cut up and ate 3 raw potatoes) for snacks. I weighed myself 20 minutes ago and I weighed 245.4. Down 1 pound 12 oz since yesterday.

Remind you, I was 6 foot 4, 181 lbs with 10% body fat 6 years ago. Haha

Mr. Irrelevant: The choice of Aaron Hernandez with the 180th pick gave ImNOTDanShakespeare the worst pick of the last round in terms of projected points.
DanShakespeare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 01:15 AM   #62 (permalink)

Good luck with it! Was a wrestler so know all about cutting weight, just the unhealthy way. Im actually starting to cut a little weight myself, wanna get back into the shape i was in when i wrestled. Weigh like 165 and wanna get back down to 130. Already cut around 10 pounds in past week just from cutting food and drinks out.
Braveskid1025 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 09:04 AM   #63 (permalink)

Diet/workout is going pretty well.

I do the elliptical at the gym every day for about 45 minutes, and every other day I lift after. I try to take a complete break every 5-7 days, but having a huge workload this semester sometimes my breaks are different haha.

The dieting part kinda sucks. The dining halls at my college make it super hard to eat healthy. Sure they have salad but I can't eat that everyday lol. I have been sticking to turkey wraps and the baked chicken (take off the skin) that they have in the food intolerance section. I have been drinking about 120-150 oz of water a day, although I never did drink that much pop i never drank that much water either lol. In a week i havent had a drink besides water, coffee, or skim milk.

Starting to feel better and get more motivated. The next thing I am about to say is the MOST IMPORTANT THING IN THIS THREAD:

Diet/exercise is 90% mental. No, you won't see the results after dieting and working out for two days, but you will slowly start to feel better. It took me 5 days to notice how much better I felt. It will take longer for some. But once you get the mentality that you CAN do this and you CAN stick to the diet and you CAN workout then the rest will come. I used to dread going to the gym and now I wake up and the first thing I do is look at my class/homework schedule and see when I can make time for the gym. I took yesterday off to rest and today I feel great! I have been sleeping more and I wake up and i just feel like i have so much more energy to get things done!

Good luck to everyone!

Check out my eBay store for great cards at great prices! Everything set OBO!
HOFcollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 09:30 AM   #64 (permalink)

There is some pretty poor advice in this thread. Some good advice too, but also some very bad advice. Some things I want to point out after reading the posts:

- You do not have to give up caffeine. In fact, I know half a dozen people who do competitions and they consume caffeine ... every ... single ... day. Caffeine is not the issue with soft drinks - the sugar is. In fact, most fat burning supplements, such as Roxylean, contain caffeine.
- Give up any beverage that is not water or a protein shake. Try to refrain from getting calories from a drink.
- You definitely should snack every day. Just snack on healthy foods. I lost 50 pounds last fall but simply eating what I call the "God diet" or others might call the "Earth diet". Basically, if it's man made, forget about it. Snickers, soft drinks, chips - all terrible. Apples, broccoli, carrots, bananas - all good for you. If you are hungry and need to eat, that is fine, eat something like a handful of carrots. Low calories, nutirtional value, and will keep you from making a bad decision to binge. I aim for about 2,000-2,200 calories per day and I usually eat about 6-7 times a day. I almost never have a meal that is over 400 calories.
- Exercise. Often.
- Oh, and muscle does not weight more than fat. It is denser, yes, but one pound of muscle weighs the same as one pound of fat. The very idea of not adding muscle because you want to weigh less (not you specifically, but people in general) is nonsensical. Besides, muscle burns significantly more calories than fat does. When people say that you won't lose weight if you add muscle, it's only true in the short term. Long term, it's just not true. Besides, who cares about your weight? You want to really focus on your % body fat, not weight.

Just focus on making healthier decisions and you will get a healthy state in due time.
btimm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 06:55 PM   #65 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOFcollector View Post
Diet/workout is going pretty well.

I do the elliptical at the gym every day for about 45 minutes, and every other day I lift after. I try to take a complete break every 5-7 days, but having a huge workload this semester sometimes my breaks are different haha.

The dieting part kinda sucks. The dining halls at my college make it super hard to eat healthy. Sure they have salad but I can't eat that everyday lol. I have been sticking to turkey wraps and the baked chicken (take off the skin) that they have in the food intolerance section. I have been drinking about 120-150 oz of water a day, although I never did drink that much pop i never drank that much water either lol. In a week i havent had a drink besides water, coffee, or skim milk.

Starting to feel better and get more motivated. The next thing I am about to say is the MOST IMPORTANT THING IN THIS THREAD:

Diet/exercise is 90% mental. No, you won't see the results after dieting and working out for two days, but you will slowly start to feel better. It took me 5 days to notice how much better I felt. It will take longer for some. But once you get the mentality that you CAN do this and you CAN stick to the diet and you CAN workout then the rest will come. I used to dread going to the gym and now I wake up and the first thing I do is look at my class/homework schedule and see when I can make time for the gym. I took yesterday off to rest and today I feel great! I have been sleeping more and I wake up and i just feel like i have so much more energy to get things done!

Good luck to everyone!
Very nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by btimm View Post
There is some pretty poor advice in this thread. Some good advice too, but also some very bad advice. Some things I want to point out after reading the posts:

- You do not have to give up caffeine. In fact, I know half a dozen people who do competitions and they consume caffeine ... every ... single ... day. Caffeine is not the issue with soft drinks - the sugar is. In fact, most fat burning supplements, such as Roxylean, contain caffeine.
- Give up any beverage that is not water or a protein shake. Try to refrain from getting calories from a drink.
- You definitely should snack every day. Just snack on healthy foods. I lost 50 pounds last fall but simply eating what I call the "God diet" or others might call the "Earth diet". Basically, if it's man made, forget about it. Snickers, soft drinks, chips - all terrible. Apples, broccoli, carrots, bananas - all good for you. If you are hungry and need to eat, that is fine, eat something like a handful of carrots. Low calories, nutirtional value, and will keep you from making a bad decision to binge. I aim for about 2,000-2,200 calories per day and I usually eat about 6-7 times a day. I almost never have a meal that is over 400 calories.
- Exercise. Often.
- Oh, and muscle does not weight more than fat. It is denser, yes, but one pound of muscle weighs the same as one pound of fat. The very idea of not adding muscle because you want to weigh less (not you specifically, but people in general) is nonsensical. Besides, muscle burns significantly more calories than fat does. When people say that you won't lose weight if you add muscle, it's only true in the short term. Long term, it's just not true. Besides, who cares about your weight? You want to really focus on your % body fat, not weight.

Just focus on making healthier decisions and you will get a healthy state in due time.
Thank you for the tips
Old 04-24-2013, 06:57 PM   #66 (permalink)

Update #3

Worked out on legs today (idk why but when I worked out with the football team alot that was my strong point my max on leg press is 400 of 5 reps on a good day bad day its 2 reps)

Had tons of water and had a lunch (and a nutrigrain bar for breakfast because I was late for class)
Old 04-24-2013, 06:58 PM   #67 (permalink)

Quote:
Update #3

Worked out on legs today (idk why but when I worked out with the football team alot that was my strong point my max on leg press is 400 of 5 reps on a good day bad day its 2 reps)

Had tons of water and had a lunch (and a nutrigrain bar for breakfast because I was late for class)
Workout tip: A lot of reps over high strength reps for now. The fast reps will burn more fat and start to tone your body.
Old 04-24-2013, 07:52 PM   #68 (permalink)

No empty carbs. A lot of foods that comes out of a factory wrapper can be a killer in the diet.

Also, don't get discouraged if you lift and don't lose weight. Weight is something that lies. Mike Trout weighs 230 pounds. Lose fat. You don't need a scale to tell you you're in shape, all you need is a mirror and the sense of living a healthier life.

Good luck!!!

2013 Topps Pro Debut Signed Set - 009/220

Last edited by centereacan06; 04-24-2013 at 07:56 PM.
centereacan06 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 09:40 PM   #69 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBurg View Post
Workout tip: A lot of reps over high strength reps for now. The fast reps will burn more fat and start to tone your body.
Be careful if doing reps quickly. Every rep must be performed with control, contracting the muscle. If you want to turn weight training into more of a cardio session, I would much prefer controlled, reasonably paced reps and either doing super sets to avoid rest time and keep the heart rate in the appropriate zone. Or another option would be to do a set or two of weight training and then do 25 jumping jacks or jump ropes. Then back to weight training and repeat. The key is to keep the heart rate elevated and not to spend too much time resting in between sets.

But I do agree that if your goal is weight loss, I wouldn't worry about how much weight you are lifting.
btimm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 05:06 PM   #70 (permalink)

Update #4

Have not worked out in 2 days. I have been sick again...But going to the gym in the morning.
Old 04-26-2013, 05:22 PM   #71 (permalink)

Update from The Style

Woke up from a nap after werk and then destroyed an orange scone from Panera Bread. GD, that was delicious. Headed to the grocery store to pick up some Jack and Coke for tonight's draft-- will probably be on my ass for the next several hours pouring awful things into my body. Things are going well!
Old 04-26-2013, 07:03 PM   #72 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thestyle View Post
Update from The Style

Woke up from a nap after werk and then destroyed an orange scone from Panera Bread. GD, that was delicious. Headed to the grocery store to pick up some Jack and Coke for tonight's draft-- will probably be on my ass for the next several hours pouring awful things into my body. Things are going well!
Done with this thread. The second time you have posted something negative in this thread
Old 04-26-2013, 07:26 PM   #73 (permalink)

Quote:
Done with this thread. The second time you have posted something negative in this thread
Dude contact a mod and get his posts deleted. He is the bigget troll on the site. I like this thread and we won't let one jackass ruin it

Check out my eBay store for great cards at great prices! Everything set OBO!
HOFcollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 07:34 PM   #74 (permalink)

Wait, what? That post was entirely making fun of myself for being fat and lazy today while everyone else is being healthy and active. You guys.....damn

But yeah...report me to the mods haha.

Last edited by iluvfish2; 04-28-2013 at 02:29 PM. Reason: doesnt seem offensive
Old 04-26-2013, 07:39 PM   #75 (permalink)

The easiest way to lose weight is to lean on the towel rack in your bathroom when you weigh yourself.
jr24ai3 is offline   Reply With Quote