Blowout Cards Forums
Black Friday 2014

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2013, 07:40 PM   #76 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOFcollector View Post
Dude contact a mod and get his posts deleted. He is the bigget troll on the site. I like this thread and we won't let one jackass ruin it
Im not going to report to the mods. But I agree with everything else....
Truemountaineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 07:54 PM   #77 (permalink)

Haha, well thanks I appreciate that, man
thestyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 08:35 PM   #78 (permalink)

There is no magical workout system... some work better than others. But they ALL work. The only key is consistency! If you have that, you're good to go. Work out every single day, and eat healthy. That's also a big factor... cutting back, and eating healthy. Other than that, you're good to go!

Good luck, I really do wish you all the best, you can do it. You just gotta do it. I look forward to some before and after photos.
PC up on eBay auctions... 23 MINUTES left - Bill Russell Letter "S" patch, 1/1 Laundry Tags, 1/1 Letter patches, Exquisite Patch Autos, 1/1 Cut HOF Autos, 1/1 Logomans, Silhouettes SSP!, Coach Dual Auto, UD Black 1/1, 90's Insert, 90's player Triple Auto, Barkley 1/1 Letter B, Primes, Patches, Autos, etc*GETTING OUT OF THE HOBBY SALE*
SportsItUpCards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 09:27 PM   #79 (permalink)

Lost 30+ pounds in 3 months on nutrisystem. If you follow it to a t the weight will come right off, even if you're not physical. It teaches you a whole new lifestyle that I continue to follow. The biggest thing for me was learning proper portion control and when to eat and when to drink water, at least 8 cups a day and always 1 cup around a half hour before a meal.

Edit: if anyone is interested, pm me your email and I will forward you a referral.
Old 04-26-2013, 09:29 PM   #80 (permalink)
Approved Group Sub Host

So man spill the beans how are you doing do you have any weight loss to report? i know that you gained a new autograph but that doesnt count!!!!
Old 04-26-2013, 09:40 PM   #81 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by smackvay View Post
So man spill the beans how are you doing do you have any weight loss to report? i know that you gained a new autograph but that doesnt count!!!!
Will be weighing sunday morning (maybe tomorrow)

but I did gain about 9 autos
Old 04-27-2013, 04:18 PM   #82 (permalink)

Here is what I've learned about staying healthy & keeping a solid figure.

I work at McDonalds. Eat a ton of fast food & some soda & still stay healthy. I'm 6'2 and 215 lbs or so & haven't changed my weight in 4 years since starting to eat healthy. I bag lunch about 3-4 times a week & eat small fries & sandwiches at MCDs when I do eat fast food. The large meals will kill you if you eat too much of them.

Tips:

Keep away from sugar & too much salt in your diet. I try to only have natural sugars & stay away from high fructose corn syrup as much as possible.

Don't drink any soda. I would, but have some days I fall back on it.

Give yourself some cheat days. If you don't give yourself a greasy burger once or twice a week your body craves it & you binge & become worse.

If you want to quit drinking soda, than use something like Powerade, Vitamin Water or the powdered gatorade that you can buy by the tin. Powerade is what I used to quit drinking soda the first time & I was off soda for a good 5-6 years. The trick is, you have to change the bad habits and practice the good habits. Your mind is set into craving fast food & soda & snacks, but if you get your mind off that subject, you stay healthier as someone previously said.

I'm now fully addicted to water & put barely any sugar in my coffee. Drink about 3-4 cups of coffee a day which I need to cut back on a little more. -- My Goal for this weekend.

Don't try to be perfect, you'll get that way by practice.

Benjamin

Last edited by benshobbies; 04-27-2013 at 04:18 PM. Reason: typo
benshobbies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 05:30 PM   #83 (permalink)

Dexedrine + Adderall + Phentermine + Ritalin + Red Bull

Based on this diet you should lose 10 lbs in a week. You'll have no desire to eat anything but you will have to learn how to deal with panic attacks every four hours or so.
Unemployed 30-40 year old white suburban window licker who hasn't been laid in years but makes up for in compulsive masturbation. Addictive personality who may have just quit drugs and substitutes with wax and internet chat forums. Antisocial behavior in which he rarely leaves the house to socialize. Financially still supported by his parents. Total loser.
death2redemptions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 06:02 PM   #84 (permalink)

Update #5
Didn't workout because my grandma was in the hospital and she isn't better and her doctor decidedshe was fine. We got her home and she fell so i have been taking care of her
Old 04-28-2013, 08:31 AM   #85 (permalink)

Weigh in #2

First time I weighed in was 236.5
My new weight is...............226.5

TEN POUNDS

26 pounds til my goal.

Last edited by Truemountaineer; 04-28-2013 at 10:37 AM.
Old 04-28-2013, 09:03 AM   #86 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truemountaineer View Post
Weigh in #2

First time I weighed in was 336.5

TEN POUNDS

26 pounds til my goal.
That's 110 pounds
Old 04-28-2013, 10:38 AM   #87 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh611 View Post
That's 110 pounds
Lol i wish. Fixed it
Old 04-28-2013, 10:49 AM   #88 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by benshobbies View Post
Here is what I've learned about staying healthy & keeping a solid figure.

I work at McDonalds. Eat a ton of fast food & some soda & still stay healthy. I'm 6'2 and 215 lbs or so & haven't changed my weight in 4 years since starting to eat healthy. I bag lunch about 3-4 times a week & eat small fries & sandwiches at MCDs when I do eat fast food. The large meals will kill you if you eat too much of them.

Tips:

Keep away from sugar & too much salt in your diet. I try to only have natural sugars & stay away from high fructose corn syrup as much as possible.

Don't drink any soda. I would, but have some days I fall back on it.

Give yourself some cheat days. If you don't give yourself a greasy burger once or twice a week your body craves it & you binge & become worse.

If you want to quit drinking soda, than use something like Powerade, Vitamin Water or the powdered gatorade that you can buy by the tin. Powerade is what I used to quit drinking soda the first time & I was off soda for a good 5-6 years. The trick is, you have to change the bad habits and practice the good habits. Your mind is set into craving fast food & soda & snacks, but if you get your mind off that subject, you stay healthier as someone previously said.

I'm now fully addicted to water & put barely any sugar in my coffee. Drink about 3-4 cups of coffee a day which I need to cut back on a little more. -- My Goal for this weekend.

Don't try to be perfect, you'll get that way by practice.

Benjamin
Some good info here, but this part about replacing soft drinks with powerade is not good. Nearly as bad imo. Just stick to water.
btimm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 10:50 AM   #89 (permalink)

Quote:
Weigh in #2

First time I weighed in was 236.5

TEN POUNDS

26 pounds til my goal.
Nice, keep going!!
btimm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 10:53 AM   #90 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by btimm View Post
Some good info here, but this part about replacing soft drinks with powerade is not good. Nearly as bad imo. Just stick to water.
Yes and no, if you drink too much sugary sports drinks when not working out, it defeats the purpose. But soda has the distinct honor of having Carbonation, which causes your body to retain water and causes your bones to not absorb calcium. Double whammy there.

Nice work OP!
Andrew Luck RIP Oscar Taveras
HBMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 12:09 PM   #91 (permalink)
Approved Group Sub Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBMC View Post
Yes and no, if you drink too much sugary sports drinks when not working out, it defeats the purpose. But soda has the distinct honor of having Carbonation, which causes your body to retain water and causes your bones to not absorb calcium. Double whammy there.

Nice work OP!
i drink quite a bit of the canned powder getorade. dont mix it super strong actually mix it lite.

Secondly congratulations on 10 lbs!!!! im happy for you!!!!
Old 04-28-2013, 01:40 PM   #92 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by btimm View Post
Nice, keep going!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HBMC View Post

Nice work OP!
Quote:
i drink quite a bit of the canned powder getorade. dont mix it super strong actually mix it lite.

Thank yall
Old 04-28-2013, 01:58 PM   #93 (permalink)

Quote:

Smart, I used to use that stuff and mix it strong in High School during Summer conditioning. It was worth it then.
Andrew Luck RIP Oscar Taveras
HBMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 02:27 PM   #94 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to iluvfish2 Send a message via Yahoo to iluvfish2

Quote:
Originally Posted by teosdesserts View Post
If you want to lose weight, don't workout too much. You will build up muscle and gain weight because muscle ways 2x fat.

or something like that.
This is a total myth.

1 lb of fat weights exactly the same as 1 lb of muscle. Muscle does have a higher caloric requirement than fat. Now I will agree if your adding weight training to an exercise routing you may be adding muscle which can in turn add to your weight. But if thats not the goal then you can do more reps with less weight and work on toning muscles which should not add any weight.
Old 04-28-2013, 04:27 PM   #95 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvfish2 View Post
This is a total myth.

1 lb of fat weights exactly the same as 1 lb of muscle. Muscle does have a higher caloric requirement than fat. Now I will agree if your adding weight training to an exercise routing you may be adding muscle which can in turn add to your weight. But if thats not the goal then you can do more reps with less weight and work on toning muscles which should not add any weight.
true that. it's like the old riddle about what weighs more, 1lb of feathers or 1lb of rocks. they both weigh a 1lb. weight can sometimes be misleading. as long as you are happy with your body type, be it muscular or not, people should be more concerned with body fat percentage and what their body types are. my buddy is the same height as me but he weighs 20lbs more due to carrying a lot more muscle in his upper body. doesn't make him fatter than me, and in fact, he's way more athletic and healthier than i am. try measuring your waist and chest and see how your measurements change while you're on this diet/exercise program.
Old 04-28-2013, 05:08 PM   #96 (permalink)
Banned

still 3' 8 up to 400lbs
migraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 04:03 PM   #97 (permalink)

Update #6
Played 3v3 basketball after class for about an hour. Then was called to the hospital because my grandma had a stroke...I hate my local hospital so much they let her go saying she is fine (when she wasnt) then she falls 4 times and has a stroke. Pissed off.

Also whats your opinion on Kettle Cooked chips? Healthy or not

Last edited by Truemountaineer; 04-29-2013 at 04:09 PM.
Old 04-29-2013, 04:27 PM   #98 (permalink)

If you do work out hard a lot like I did for football. When's from a 5-6 110 pound backup freshman. Started working out non-stop all year I did was work out got up to 170 and a starting back also now I'm 5-9. Now a jr. Back starting.
Patriots lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 04:43 PM   #99 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriots lover View Post
If you do work out hard a lot like I did for football. When's from a 5-6 110 pound backup freshman. Started working out non-stop all year I did was work out got up to 170 and a starting back also now I'm 5-9. Now a jr. Back starting.
I guess I can say im kind of doing this for football. Im wanting to play me senior year and im having shoulder surgery once I lose some weight thats why my goal is 200. My dream position is defensive back. I used to play alot I led my team in sacks but my shoulder started acting up and I had to give it up. So since i just turned 16 I got the choice of surgery on my shoulder to get the nerves repaired
Old 04-29-2013, 04:49 PM   #100 (permalink)

Quote:
I guess I can say im kind of doing this for football. Im wanting to play me senior year and im having shoulder surgery once I lose some weight thats why my goal is 200. My dream position is defensive back. I used to play alot I led my team in sacks but my shoulder started acting up and I had to give it up. So since i just turned 16 I got the choice of surgery on my shoulder to get the nerves repaired
Surgery will be painful but WORTH IT. I tore my acl,mcl,Plc Mencius and just about everything in my need. Worse I did this in football try outs when I was going into seventh. I was finally cleared for football 2 weeks before 9th grade tryouts hopefully yours won't be that bad.
Patriots lover is offline   Reply With Quote