Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Front Page (card ed)

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2013, 07:09 PM   #51 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by thor_rider08 View Post
They are going to lowball the #@#@#@#@ out of that car.
Are any of these places having a promo that will give you 5k on your trade in no matter what it is? I would scope any of those first man.
Like I said don't tell them about your trade in.

Also since its from a dealer watch out for the warranty bs. Most people that sell these make 50-75% on the warranty. ITS A CROCK OF #@#@#@#@. I knew of a guy who was making 1500$ on the 2500$ warranty he sold. They are annoying and persistent. DO NOT FALL INTO THAT TRAP. You should be able to find a solid warranty after the one on your car has passed the limits for 600-1000$.
Both GREAT things to know. I don't think Subaru has ever offered that. I'd love for them to do so. I just did a KBB on my car, and it only rates at $1400 trade-in value. Honestly, I don't think that's half bad, but then again, I've never traded in a car.
tajikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 07:40 PM   #52 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tajikey View Post
Yessir. I have a 2000 Ford Focus ZTS that's got 150,000 miles and still going strong. It's got plenty of interior and exterior defects, but still runs like a champ.
You'd probably be better off selling it yourself for cash than what they'll give you as a trade in. Unless they're having some type of specials like thor rider mentioned, then you'd probably be looking at $1000 for the car

I traded in my 5 speed 99 eclipse when I got my 2012 Kia Optima, they only gave me $1000. It was a joke. However they didn't know that the Eclipse had a blown motor once everything was signed the car was theirs and it was brought in on a tow truck.

I'm now currently looking to get rid of my Optima. Since my motor was blown it was kind of a hurried purchase that now I wish I didn't make. Once I get rid of it I'll be saving up to get a 2003 Cobra, my dream car a Supra, or a gently used newer Mustang GT or 5.0. At least that's the current plan. I'd also love to have a Subaru STI. Those sexy beasts
CAS239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 07:41 PM   #53 (permalink)

Also make sure you're buying and not leasing. Unless you're driving 5 miles a week, leasing should be reserved for those 70 yrs and older
CAS239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 08:20 PM   #54 (permalink)

me and the wife bought new cars last year, we did Edmund's and it was easy, no hassling and annoying emails/ calls...we are both extremely happy with our purchases. I got a 2012 acura TL and the wife got a 2012 camry, can't say enough good things about both. good luck with the promotion and shopping experience

Posted from Blowoutcards.com App for Android
bkovach06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 09:29 PM   #55 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeks View Post
Don't be an idiot, buy a nice used car.
I agree with this.

I will never buy a new car. Just my option, but why buy something and immediately lose thousands of dollars by driving it 5 feet. Yes, you'll still lose money buying a used one but it won't be as much as buying it new.
Old 04-25-2013, 10:36 PM   #56 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh611 View Post
I agree with this.

I will never buy a new car. Just my option, but why buy something and immediately lose thousands of dollars by driving it 5 feet. Yes, you'll still lose money buying a used one but it won't be as much as buying it new.
You do the same thing when you buy wax. Granted, it's not the same amount of money...
Old 04-25-2013, 10:59 PM   #57 (permalink)

Get the internet quotes, we saved 3,000 on my daughters new Accord. We got quotes from 4 different Honda dealerships and went with the best price.
thebear29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 02:39 PM   #58 (permalink)

Update.

Promotion. Check!
Greater than 10% raise: Check!
New car: Have three CA dealers quoting against each other for my business. Have one dealer at 2k below invoice, and another saying they will match, but he'll have to talk to his Sales Manager.

Thank you to everyone for the help! I am beyond excited!
Old 04-26-2013, 02:48 PM   #59 (permalink)

Quote:
Update.

Promotion. Check!
New car: Have three CA dealers quoting against each other for my business. Have one dealer at 2k below invoice, and another saying they will match, but he'll have to talk to his Sales Manager.

Great day for you! Congrats. Just don't eat yourself to death later on.
calculusdork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 02:49 PM   #60 (permalink)

Quote:
Update.

Promotion. Check!

Old 04-26-2013, 05:38 PM   #61 (permalink)

Quote:
You do the same thing when you buy wax. Granted, it's not the same amount of money...
I don't buy wax anymore lol

Congrats on the promotion!
Old 04-28-2013, 03:02 AM   #62 (permalink)

Congratulations! for whatever reason, i'd like to give my .02 on buying cars:

- Never buy new. the "exciting feeling" is outlasted about 5 years, 11 months before the 6 year payments are up.

- Never buy at the cusp of what you can afford. pretty much anyone can get along just fine with a $5-6,000 car. We are in a $5,900 minivan - much less than what we could afford, but this attitude on purchasing in general has helped TONS in *all* areas of our lives, not just financial. (plus ... do you know you can pack about 250,000 sports cards in a minivan? I know ... because I've done it!)

- Always try to pay cash up front.

- Be patient. You can always find awesome deals from someone who either needs the money fast, or simply doesn't care enough to try and get top dollar for their car.

In the end, if you have a 6 year payment term on a $25,000 car at 4.12% and 8% tax, you will have ended up paying nearly $30,000. Instead, if you buy a $5,000 car - you will almost have $25,000 in your pocket at the end of the 6 year term. That is $25,000 you can rely on if your job starts sucking, or you need a break, etc. simply by choosing a different vehicle to get you to the job that is making you the money to pay for the job in the first place.

Anyway, those are my thoughts. I'm a car dude myself, but I'm MUCH more so a "I'd rather have an escape plan if finances and work go to crap" dude. Who knows ... maybe that is just because I'm becoming an old fart.

It sounds like you are super pumped about this new car though. If you do choose to go through with it ... have fun and enjoy it! 'Tis good to be able to have things we enjoy
mouschi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 09:24 AM   #63 (permalink)

Send a message via Skype™ to SethMurphy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAS239 View Post
Also make sure you're buying and not leasing. Unless you're driving 5 miles a week, leasing should be reserved for those 70 yrs and older
This is such an ignorant and uninformed comment from someone who kows absolutely nothing about the benefit of leasing a car. I'm sure you drive all your cars for 10 years too, and probably pay hundreds if not thousands in repairs past warranty so that you can "drive it to the ground". And if you buy a car and trade it in in 3-4 years, what about all that money you are losing because you didn't drive the car for the full price of the vehicle, you are throwing your money away.

I cold go on for hours, leaning is a great idea, I lease andim a car salesman, 19 employees in sales and management at my dealership lease. If it was such a bad idea why do so many people who are in the business do it

PCs - Cito Culver, Ryan Callahan, Ryan Nassib college uni, Prince Amukamara autos #/25 or less, Jason Pierre-Paul, Eli Manning autos, Richter/Messier/Leetch
SethMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 09:26 AM   #64 (permalink)

Send a message via Skype™ to SethMurphy

Also to taj, glad I could help make sure you got that awesome deal, enjoy the Subaru they are great cars

PCs - Cito Culver, Ryan Callahan, Ryan Nassib college uni, Prince Amukamara autos #/25 or less, Jason Pierre-Paul, Eli Manning autos, Richter/Messier/Leetch
SethMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 09:31 AM   #65 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeks View Post
Don't be an idiot, buy a nice used car.
This is not always the smartest advice. You are telling me that Zinck's Civic at 293 per month is not an incredible deal when you take into account that he could sell it for nearly half the purchase price after he pays it off?
Concentrating on my personal collection. Please drop me a PM if you have any of the following for sale: Topps Football 1956-1959; 1961-1968; Philadelphia Football 1964-1967, Autographs of Baseball/Football Vintage Stars and Hall of Famers (especially on card autos), 1990's Topps Chrome Refractor Inserts of all sports.
37Jetson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 11:03 AM   #66 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 37Jetson View Post
This is not always the smartest advice. You are telling me that Zinck's Civic at 293 per month is not an incredible deal when you take into account that he could sell it for nearly half the purchase price after he pays it off?
I dunno, I still think used is the way to go - if you are smart about it, that is. This kind of reminds me of the advice to not pay off your house because if you pay it off, you will lose the ability to write off the interest. A house is an entirely different (and much larger) animal though. On a 125k house, at the end of a 30 year term, you would have paid nearly 250k for it!
mouschi is offline   Reply With Quote