Blowout Cards Forums

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2013, 10:01 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default lets hear your favorite childhood stories

I was just in the silver thread and it got me to thinking about my grandfather. so I just wanted to share a few of his favorite sayings and stories I had of him growing up where he was teaching me a lesson at the time but I didn't realize it until I was much older.

a few of his favorite sayings were

everytime one of us grandkids would beg our grandma for a dollar for a pop and candy bar he would always say "do you know the best place for a person to be who needs money?" then before we would answer he would say " AT WORK"

whenever we would leave something lay around he would always pick it up and hide it..and after a week or so looking he would ask "did you lose something" then he would say "boy if you don't keep an eye on your own stuff you bet your a$$ someone else will be"

then one time I got a detention at school because I was doing what all 9 year olds do and was making fun of the "poor kids shoes" he wore everlasts and a teacher over heard me braging about my sweet nikes and making fun of his everlasts...and my grandfather always made it perfectly clear if I was in trouble to call him...so the teacher called him and he came right down to the school and she explained how I was bragging about being rich and that kid was poor...so he asked the teacher if he would have a meeting with the kids parents, the kid, myself and my grandpa...the parents agreed so my grandfather asked me what I said to the kid....paragraph breather haha

I told him that I was bragging about being rich and that his shoes were for poor people...and my grandfather asked the kid if this was true and the kid started to cry..my grandfather gave me that look and I knew I was in deep...then he patted the kid on the shoulder and said let me tell you a secret..jerry doesn't have any money either...if you ask jerry to show you a dollar right now he cant because im the rich one..then he took the kids parents aside and they talked about 3 minutes later my grandpa came back and said about those shoes jerry what makes your shoes better then his...do they both protect your feet..i said yeah..but mine are nikes and his are everlasts...my grandpa chimed in..."not anymore boy" I said huh..he said were going to the shoe store with your new friend and hes getting a nice pair of nikes to wear and then we will go try on your new pair of everlasts...I instantly started to cry lol..so my grandpa bought the kid a brand new pair of nikes...and I got my 8 dollar everlasts..and for a whole month he made me wear those everlasts to school everyday..and for a whole month that kid didn't say a single word to me about my shoes. or his shoes.he just wanted to be my friend...at the time I thought my grandpa was just being mean. but when I was old enough to understand im so thankful for that day because it seriously took my sense of entitlement away and still to this day me and that kid are still very good friends..

anyways sorry for the long read..i got to talking silver(my grandpa started the junk yard 70 years ago that we still own and operate today) and it just brought on a huge feeling of emotions so I thought id share
jerryw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 10:07 PM   #2 (permalink)

Woah, this guy here sounds like a douche bag. (wink emoticon)

Your grandpa sounds like a classy fellow.

One time in 4th grade I went up to a chubby girl who was playing the banjo for show and tell and said "bumble bee tuna, your balls are showing". The teacher made me stay after class. It was hilarious.
thestyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 10:09 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thestyle View Post

One time in 4th grade I went up to a chubby girl who was playing the banjo for show and tell and said "bumble bee tuna, your balls are showing". The teacher made me stay after class. It was hilarious.

he was a classy fellow, hes been dead for 15 years, really irked him to his core when kids were bullied...and even worse when his blood was the bully
Old 04-26-2013, 10:33 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thestyle View Post

Kind of like my story.

When I first started little league at 5 years old, I was going to play for the team coached by the man who coached my older brother. This guy was huge, and I mean HUGE! Like, really huge.

My first practice and I meet him for the first time. He shakes my hand and says "You look like you're going to be a star for me, just like your brother was."

I say, "You look like Mo Vaughn, the fattest man in baseball."
Old 04-26-2013, 10:36 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by centereacan06 View Post
Kind of like my story.

When I first started little league at 5 years old, I was going to play for the team coached by the man who coached my older brother. This guy was huge, and I mean HUGE! Like, really huge.

My first practice and I meet him for the first time. He shakes my hand and says "You look like you're going to be a star for me, just like your brother was."

I say, "You look like Mo Vaughn, the fattest man in baseball."
ahahahahah oh kids say the darndest things
thestyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 10:45 PM   #6 (permalink)

I was selling things since I was in 1st grade. One day in 4th grade I decided to sell wrestling t-shirts (wwf,wwe) for 5 dollars a shirt. I sold 10 shirts before being busted by the principal. Needless to say I had to give back all the money I made (65 dollars) and suspension......
Truemountaineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 10:47 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truemountaineer View Post
I was selling things since I was in 1st grade. One day in 4th grade I decided to sell wrestling t-shirts (wwf,wwe) for 5 dollars a shirt. I sold 10 shirts before being busted by the principal. Needless to say I had to give back all the money I made (65 dollars) and suspension......

sells 10 shirts for 5 dollars each and gets 65 dollars.... lol
Old 04-26-2013, 10:53 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryw View Post
sells 10 shirts for 5 dollars each and gets 65 dollars.... lol
I didnt say I was a very good salesman..... Longer story behind that.
Truemountaineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 12:57 AM   #9 (permalink)

I don't know if this would qualify as a childhood story(happened when I was 18) or more of a foot in mouth story but here goes: my uncle is a parking lot contractor. We restripe parking lots, clean them, sealcoat them, crackseal.....the whole 9 yards. About 50% of his business is repeat customers and a lot of them own multiple properties. I'm About 18-19 years old and I'm really starting to take an interest in his company. He sends me out to meet a guy named Paul who owns a dozen hotels around the area. Paul was interested in having one of his hotels restriped. So I meet up with him to talk price. I count everything up and give him the price and he says it's too much. He then asks if we could stripe his other hotel Too and do both for the one price. I tell him we can't. He then asks if we could at least take our blowers and go over to the next hotel and clean the parking lot because he's tired of seeing all the leaves blowing around. *sigh* without thinking before I speak I say "no but you know what, for the right price we can give you one hell of a blow job"........I've never felt so humiliated in all my life
Old 04-27-2013, 08:39 AM   #10 (permalink)

This one time, at band camp...
hhmag70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 10:57 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmag70 View Post
This one time, at band camp...
Did you take a flute and stick it somewhere..?
Braveskid1025 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 10:59 PM   #12 (permalink)

When I was in second grade I pissed my pants in class and ran out crying.
Old 04-28-2013, 02:46 AM   #13 (permalink)

I'll try to keep it short since no one wants to read a drawn out story.

When I was three my parents, my brother, and I went to where my parents are original from (Cyprus in the Mediterranean). Anyway it's pretty rural and laid back.

I would always play with the neighbors dog, eventually I caught something from it and my mom took me to the hospital. The doctors told if she had waited longer I would have likely died. Like any kid in the hospital I hated needles and stuff, pretty much hated being there and I was always stuck in bed.

Days later after I was initially admitted there was a motorcycle accident and in the same hospital the patients of it, a foreign father and son, were also being treated. They had problem communicating and I believe the son was in critical condition, but my father helped coordinate whatever they needed to get back to where they were originally from. Would hope whatever happened to them it was a happy ending.

Towards the end of my stay my mom walked into the room I was staying and found me on the floor playing with this cool police car (would make sound and everything, pretty much loved it). We still have no idea who gave it to me. We assumed it was a gift from the father from the situation my dad helped out in.

Anyways, I'm still alive. A doctor here in the USA would later tell me they gave me better treatment than I would have ever received here and was lucky I got the doctors I did.

TL;DR Almost died, mysterious toy, happy ending.
Current Non-Sports FS Thread including Game of Thrones, The Walking Dead, Sons of Anarchy and more! http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/non-sports-singles-buy-sell-trade/786317-updated-fs-thread-sons-anarchy-walking-dead-game-thrones-breaking-bad-etc.html
xbignick is offline   Reply With Quote