Blowout Cards Forums
Holiday Madness

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2013, 09:03 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default computer nerd help needed virus? Malware? stupid coworkers?

so I get into job #2 last night and find the attached pop up that won't go away on the work desktop. I don't have access to much since I'm not an administrator so I cannot install or uninstall programs. I ran a system clean up, restored explorer settings to delete cookies, etc. and restarted the pc. Now it doesn't show up under my own login, but when I use my own chrome portable it does get effected when I try to go to certain sites. at one point I ignored it and it was up to 69 instances. the trend micro forum appears useless since I cannot download anything else. Anyone out there know a work around that might work? did one of my co-workers play on a bad site? (my guess is the dumb@$$ 19 year old blond - who is already driving on a suspended license, can't get to work on time, used up all her data plan monthly allotment in 3 days, etc, etc, etc) JonZ would be proud to call her a co-worker.
Attached Thumbnails
computer nerd help needed virus? Malware? stupid coworkers?-virusssss.jpg  
http://sportscardalbum.com/u/cactuspies
RIP Mom 10/8/09, PAPAJIM 11/22/10
Cactuspies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 09:19 AM   #2 (permalink)

Can't give you much advise on getting rid of the problem other than throwing every anti virus/malware program you have at it.

First thing I would do though is disconnect that computer from the network (if connected to one). At least make sure it is not connected to the internet.
DaveTaplin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 09:39 AM   #3 (permalink)

Try asking for help on bleepingcomputer.com ... some smart folks over there. May take a few days' worth of correspondence but most guys/gals over there know what they're doing.
calculusdork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 10:05 AM   #4 (permalink)
Banned

I would say use bleeping computer as well, mine just crashed on me and for the most part they helped me fix it (it took 5 days for them to get to me), but my laptop still does restart all by itself, the fan goes on and off so that may be the problem.

I may just go buy a lenovo as my laptop is 4 years old anyways.
vc15jrich23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 10:33 AM   #5 (permalink)

its the work pc and I'm only here for on the weekends. I'll let the next shift know so they can try and get IT on Monday. I have to keep it online for all the reporting and emails that need to be sent. It's not the first time there has been a virus or something here. I've been here twice when the hard drive crapped out.
I did notice some sort of upgrade or change to the scanner so that could have something to do w/it, but I wouldnt doubt that someone got some malware or a virus on here. Oh well. I'll just be safe and change all my passwords.
http://sportscardalbum.com/u/cactuspies
RIP Mom 10/8/09, PAPAJIM 11/22/10
Cactuspies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 11:21 AM   #6 (permalink)

Didn't read original post Hana

Last edited by stera8; 04-27-2013 at 12:34 PM.
stera8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 11:22 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cactuspies View Post
its the work pc and I'm only here for on the weekends. I'll let the next shift know so they can try and get IT on Monday. I have to keep it online for all the reporting and emails that need to be sent. It's not the first time there has been a virus or something here. I've been here twice when the hard drive crapped out.
I did notice some sort of upgrade or change to the scanner so that could have something to do w/it, but I wouldnt doubt that someone got some malware or a virus on here. Oh well. I'll just be safe and change all my passwords.
Ps. If you can't do anything. Obviously just make sure you don't do banking...
stera8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 11:59 AM   #8 (permalink)

What that means is your computer is being talked to, more than likely, on a closed port.
If he is going to use trend mico,at least spring for the software structured for businesses, Titanium.
Old 04-27-2013, 06:38 PM   #9 (permalink)

If you're not a local machine admin, there's nothing you can do anyway.

If you were... you could run Combofix to take care of that.