Blowout Cards Forums
Retail Rummage

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2014, 12:31 PM   #251 (permalink)
Member
 
pensfan87893's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Pulaski, PA
Posts: 3,996
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals1013 View Post
I have been breading them a mixture of fry magic and cereal (last time I used fruit loops, grinding the cereal to a powder). It has a sweet flavor but not too sweet. It was sure a hit with the kids.
I buy this stuff at Gander Mountain or Cabela's called "sure lunch" It is the most awesome breading you can fry fish in!
__________________
Sidney Crosby Collector!
Sepia Collector!

Steelers/Pirates Collector!
pensfan87893 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 03:22 PM   #252 (permalink)
Member
 
stripedbass91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 6,553
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals1013 View Post
I have been breading them a mixture of fry magic and cereal (last time I used fruit loops, grinding the cereal to a powder). It has a sweet flavor but not too sweet. It was sure a hit with the kids.
Love how the KCCO is thrown in there
__________________
http://photobucket.com/stripedbass91cards
J! E! T! S! JETS! JETS! JETS!
PC- Memorabilia
stripedbass91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 03:40 PM   #253 (permalink)
Member
 
wadedaniel84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 4,673
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pensfan87893 View Post
I buy this stuff at Gander Mountain or Cabela's called "sure lunch" It is the most awesome breading you can fry fish in!
I use ritz crackers and chick in a biscuit crackers on my walleye filets.
__________________
PC: PSA/DNA Slabbed Rookie Cards (All sports) [3]
Football: Steelers
Baseball: Cubs, HOF Autos, Trout BGS 9.5
Basketball: HOFers
wadedaniel84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 06:42 PM   #254 (permalink)
Member
 
ajw9356's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Wichita, Kansas
Posts: 1,745
Default

Tried for an early bite last Friday, 6-10pm with nothing doing. The eyes weren't there at all, but with temps raising into the 70s for a couple days I couldn't resist. There were 5 others there as well, all looked like they did the same. The water was cool, 38, so maybe by the end of the week, it will heat up and we'll start to see the sows rolling in the rocks.
Getting amped, booked the Lake of the Woods Canada trip for this summer, been a while since I chunked for Musky, but can't wait.
__________________
I collect: Kansas State, Darren Sproles, Jordy Nelson, Royals, Hosmer, Pujols, Chiefs, Saints, Jimmy Graham, QBs and other random stuff. Thanks, James Bucket:
http://s1095.photobucket.com/albums/i471/ajw9356/
ajw9356 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 04:53 PM   #255 (permalink)
Member
 
pensfan87893's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Pulaski, PA
Posts: 3,996
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadedaniel84 View Post
I use ritz crackers and chick in a biscuit crackers on my walleye filets.
oh man, I never thought of using chicken and a biscuit crackers for breading fish. Thanks for the tip, next crappie or bluegill I fry will be dipped in C&AB!!
__________________
Sidney Crosby Collector!
Sepia Collector!

Steelers/Pirates Collector!
pensfan87893 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 09:41 PM   #256 (permalink)
Member
 
bigzig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Indy
Posts: 6,091
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajw9356 View Post
Tried for an early bite last Friday, 6-10pm with nothing doing. The eyes weren't there at all, but with temps raising into the 70s for a couple days I couldn't resist. There were 5 others there as well, all looked like they did the same. The water was cool, 38, so maybe by the end of the week, it will heat up and we'll start to see the sows rolling in the rocks.
Getting amped, booked the Lake of the Woods Canada trip for this summer, been a while since I chunked for Musky, but can't wait.

Fishing in Canada with my boys has been on my bucket list for a long time.

I didn't get to get a line wet much at all last year. I'm getting the itch to go real bad.
bigzig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 11:47 PM   #257 (permalink)
Member
 
ajw9356's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Wichita, Kansas
Posts: 1,745
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigzig View Post
Fishing in Canada with my boys has been on my bucket list for a long time.

I didn't get to get a line wet much at all last year. I'm getting the itch to go real bad.
Been to Canada 6 times, it's been awesome. Been to lake of the woods on the American side 4 times, great as well. Lots of photos of the Canadian trips in my bucket.
Hit the Lake again Thursday, fishing was slow, walleye moved in, small numbers, nothing biting going back maybe tomorrow morning.
__________________
I collect: Kansas State, Darren Sproles, Jordy Nelson, Royals, Hosmer, Pujols, Chiefs, Saints, Jimmy Graham, QBs and other random stuff. Thanks, James Bucket:
http://s1095.photobucket.com/albums/i471/ajw9356/
ajw9356 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 12:16 AM   #258 (permalink)
Member
 
bigzig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Indy
Posts: 6,091
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajw9356 View Post
Been to Canada 6 times, it's been awesome. Been to lake of the woods on the American side 4 times, great as well. Lots of photos of the Canadian trips in my bucket.
Hit the Lake again Thursday, fishing was slow, walleye moved in, small numbers, nothing biting going back maybe tomorrow morning.
There is some really nice fish you've caught! I've got a buddy with a cabin in Minnesota. I've been up there with him once, but we've been trying to plan another one possibly later this year. We work together so it's hard for us to both get the same week off.

Nothing huge, but this was the first northern I ever actually landed. The first one I hooked made it to the boat, but instead of folding in half and falling in the net it pretty much made itself stiff and hopped out at the last 2nd. It was a little larger than the one below.
bigzig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 10:50 PM   #259 (permalink)
Member
 
pensfan87893's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Pulaski, PA
Posts: 3,996
Default

I have not been able to get out on the ice this winter, but I am gonna be out there fishing open water this spring for those crappie!!
__________________
Sidney Crosby Collector!
Sepia Collector!

Steelers/Pirates Collector!
pensfan87893 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 12:10 PM   #260 (permalink)
Member
 
stripedbass91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 6,553
Default

.............................Getting warmer
__________________
http://photobucket.com/stripedbass91cards
J! E! T! S! JETS! JETS! JETS!
PC- Memorabilia
stripedbass91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 12:21 PM   #261 (permalink)
Member
 
ajw9356's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Wichita, Kansas
Posts: 1,745
Default

Buddy and I caught 17 walleye between 18-20" the other night, min is 21". Still a fun night.
__________________
I collect: Kansas State, Darren Sproles, Jordy Nelson, Royals, Hosmer, Pujols, Chiefs, Saints, Jimmy Graham, QBs and other random stuff. Thanks, James Bucket:
http://s1095.photobucket.com/albums/i471/ajw9356/
ajw9356 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 12:41 PM   #262 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 3,687
Default

10 days til we are fishing in the Keys. We actually head out Tuesday..
shrevecity is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 02:53 PM   #263 (permalink)
Member
 
stripedbass91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 6,553
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajw9356 View Post
Buddy and I caught 17 walleye between 18-20" the other night, min is 21". Still a fun night.
Nice! Any pics?
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrevecity View Post
10 days til we are fishing in the Keys. We actually head out Tuesday..
Awesome! I went out of Islamorada once...was TONS of fun. Where in the Keys?
__________________
http://photobucket.com/stripedbass91cards
J! E! T! S! JETS! JETS! JETS!
PC- Memorabilia
stripedbass91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 03:15 PM   #264 (permalink)
Member
 
killinmesmalls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: hawtlanta
Posts: 101
Default

Just got back from the river, first time I came home with an empty creel in a long time. It still felt great to get up there.
killinmesmalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 04:33 PM   #265 (permalink)
Member
 
beaver1080's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: ny
Posts: 2,745
Default

went our for probably the last ice fishing trip of the yr, plenty of ice but sadly the shoreline is going quick and warmer temps and rain coming won't help it any. here's the keepers. a lot of other small ones went back and 6 nice bass. wish we had a season on them here in the winter time.

__________________
http://s392.photobucket.com/albums/pp4/beaver1080/cards/
beaver1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 06:35 PM   #266 (permalink)
Member
 
centereacan06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Heart of Long Island
Posts: 10,807
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaver1080 View Post
went our for probably the last ice fishing trip of the yr, plenty of ice but sadly the shoreline is going quick and warmer temps and rain coming won't help it any. here's the keepers. a lot of other small ones went back and 6 nice bass. wish we had a season on them here in the winter time.

Awesome catches! Perch is definitely one of my favorite fish to go after and they taste great. And you got some hefty Crappie.

Can't wait to get out this year. I'm going to be going on a lot of baseball showcases this summer, first one in Georgia, so hopefully I'll be able to do some out of state fishing.
__________________
Currently Buying/Trading For - Daniel Robertson
centereacan06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 06:38 PM   #267 (permalink)
Member
 
Nyfancam01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 8,249
Default

very excited to get back out on the lake! give me a second and i'll show a photo of a huge walleye my uncle caught around a year ago. Definitely the most intense catch I have ever witnessed in person. We had to use the net and everything.. He went CRAZY!
__________________
I collect the pound for pound greatest player of all time...ALLEN IVERSON !
$$$ ALWAYS LOOKING TO BUY AI $$$!!!
Currently: 40 AUTOS, 275+ GAME USED & TONS OF RARE INSERTS/#'d
Nyfancam01 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 06:43 PM   #268 (permalink)
Member
 
ajw9356's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Wichita, Kansas
Posts: 1,745
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stripedbass91 View Post
Nice! Any pics?
Had to let them all go since none were keeper size, I have one self cell pic but it was after midnight and I had a red headlight so you can't see much of anything but red light and a blurry outline.
__________________
I collect: Kansas State, Darren Sproles, Jordy Nelson, Royals, Hosmer, Pujols, Chiefs, Saints, Jimmy Graham, QBs and other random stuff. Thanks, James Bucket:
http://s1095.photobucket.com/albums/i471/ajw9356/
ajw9356 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 06:44 PM   #269 (permalink)
Member
 
Nyfancam01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 8,249
Default

here it is! what a damn monster.

we usually fish for blue gill and perch but on this day he was determined to catch a walleye.. he hooked it right before we were ready to go home! good timing.

__________________
I collect the pound for pound greatest player of all time...ALLEN IVERSON !
$$$ ALWAYS LOOKING TO BUY AI $$$!!!
Currently: 40 AUTOS, 275+ GAME USED & TONS OF RARE INSERTS/#'d
Nyfancam01 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 06:45 PM   #270 (permalink)
Member
 
ajw9356's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Wichita, Kansas
Posts: 1,745
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyfancam01 View Post
here it is! what a damn monster.
we usually fish for blue gill and perch but on this day he was determined to catch a walleye.. he hooked it right before we were ready to go home! good timing.
Dang, nice fish, how long and how much did it weigh? Plus where did you go to catch it?
__________________
I collect: Kansas State, Darren Sproles, Jordy Nelson, Royals, Hosmer, Pujols, Chiefs, Saints, Jimmy Graham, QBs and other random stuff. Thanks, James Bucket:
http://s1095.photobucket.com/albums/i471/ajw9356/
ajw9356 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 06:46 PM   #271 (permalink)
Member
 
Nyfancam01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 8,249
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajw9356 View Post
Dang, nice fish, how long and how much did it weigh? Plus where did you go to catch it?
man i'll have to ask him about specific size. I was with him when we weighed it and stuff but I don't remember. we both went INSANE when we had it safely on the boat. I was so happy for him!

we were fishing at Bear Lake in North Carolina.
__________________
I collect the pound for pound greatest player of all time...ALLEN IVERSON !
$$$ ALWAYS LOOKING TO BUY AI $$$!!!
Currently: 40 AUTOS, 275+ GAME USED & TONS OF RARE INSERTS/#'d
Nyfancam01 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 06:47 PM   #272 (permalink)
Member
 
bigzig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Indy
Posts: 6,091
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyfancam01 View Post
here it is! what a damn monster.

we usually fish for blue gill and perch but on this day he was determined to catch a walleye.. he hooked it right before we were ready to go home! good timing.

Nice fish!
bigzig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 06:49 PM   #273 (permalink)
Member
 
Nyfancam01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 8,249
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigzig View Post
Nice fish!
appreciate it man!! Definitely the craziest catch I've seen in person.
__________________
I collect the pound for pound greatest player of all time...ALLEN IVERSON !
$$$ ALWAYS LOOKING TO BUY AI $$$!!!
Currently: 40 AUTOS, 275+ GAME USED & TONS OF RARE INSERTS/#'d
Nyfancam01 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 06:50 PM   #274 (permalink)
Member
 
ajw9356's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Wichita, Kansas
Posts: 1,745
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyfancam01 View Post
man i'll have to ask him about specific size. I was with him when we weighed it and stuff but I don't remember. we both went INSANE when we had it safely on the boat. I was so happy for him!

we were fishing at Bear Lake in North Carolina.
Awesome! I didn't realize NC had much walleye fishing. Spring, Summer, Fall? How were you fishing? Boat/Shore, Bait/Lures, Casting/Trolling/bait rigging? Always interested to know what triggers large fish in different locations.
__________________
I collect: Kansas State, Darren Sproles, Jordy Nelson, Royals, Hosmer, Pujols, Chiefs, Saints, Jimmy Graham, QBs and other random stuff. Thanks, James Bucket:
http://s1095.photobucket.com/albums/i471/ajw9356/
ajw9356 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 06:53 PM   #275 (permalink)
Member
 
Nyfancam01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 8,249
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajw9356 View Post
Awesome! I didn't realize NC had much walleye fishing. Spring, Summer, Fall? How were you fishing? Boat/Shore, Bait/Lures, Casting/Trolling/bait rigging? Always interested to know what triggers large fish in different locations.
It was in the middle of summer time. We were on a boat just moving spots. We stopped in the middle of like a cove area with a bank on each side of us.. He was just using a nice size hook with a big nightcrawler and BOOM it hit it! Usually we love catching like 70-100 perch / blue gill and keeping only the nice sized ones. Crickets work perfectly!
__________________
I collect the pound for pound greatest player of all time...ALLEN IVERSON !
$$$ ALWAYS LOOKING TO BUY AI $$$!!!
Currently: 40 AUTOS, 275+ GAME USED & TONS OF RARE INSERTS/#'d
Nyfancam01 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:23 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright © 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.