Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2013, 09:30 PM   #51 (permalink)

lol back in high school i used to do 2-3 concerts a week and Lit and Garbage together was the biggest cluster ive ever been to
Old 06-24-2013, 10:37 PM   #52 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by smackvay View Post
lol back in high school i used to do 2-3 concerts a week and Lit and Garbage together was the biggest cluster ive ever been to
Dude, I could watch Shirley Manson read the dictionary and be totally fine with it. Damn, that woman is smoking hot.
Current Most Wanted Non 1/1 Cards: 1999 Playoff Contenders SSD Speed Terrence Wilkins Auto, 2003 Leaf Limited Gold Monikers Dallas Clark Auto, 2005 Leaf Certified Materials Mirror Emerald Auto Marlin Jackson
88horsepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 11:09 PM   #53 (permalink)

Worst concert for me would be the Doobie Brothers, they put me to sleep about 3 songs in. Part of that might have been I was in third grade and the concert was late at night for a third grader lol
Old 06-24-2013, 11:28 PM   #54 (permalink)

I've been to two Bob Dylan shows. He was superb at one of them and the other he left a lot to be desired.

Primus was pretty doggone brutal the one time I saw them. I had high hopes that they would sound better live and they were much much worse.
Old 06-25-2013, 09:19 AM   #55 (permalink)

Default WORST Concert you ever went to.

Easy. John Mayer and Maroon 5 circa 2007-8. Maroon 5 was awful. I've heard 6th grade bands that were in sync and had more rhythm. Literally everyone in the band was on a different key and cadence. To compound that problem the guitarist clearly missed notes routinely. The bassist looked lost. The drummer didn't seem to notice the calamity. And Levine...his voice was cracking throughout the show. Awful. Absolutely awful. It could not be more clear that some record company threw those guys together and let the studio record them and fix the "mistakes".

Edit: looked it up...it was 2004.
Current Needs: Drew Bledsoe 2009 BTL Auto's O,T; Buybacks; Butler Bulldogs (Gordon Hayward, Shelvin Mack, Matt Howard); Looking for the following: Alfonzo Dennard '12 TC Superfractor; Chandler Jones '12 TC and Bowman Sterling Superfractors; Please PM me with details

Last edited by ssbledsoe; 06-25-2013 at 09:26 AM.
ssbledsoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 10:04 AM   #56 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHeel View Post
Trans Siberian Orchestra

Horrible
I would love to tell you, that you are crazy, but i won't cause it's just a matter or taste. I make sure every year around xmas i go and see them always some of the best shows I have seen, Have seen them around a dozen times and love it every time.

Probably the worst concert I have been too is Phish.. Biggest waste of money Ever... You have to be high as a kite to enjoy this show.. just saying so you if you go clean and sober you may be in for a bad time...
Shimey013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 10:25 AM   #57 (permalink)

I saw Linkin Park at the Shoreline Ampitheater in the SF Bay Area. Worst show I have ever seen. They had to stop and restart several songs just to get in sync.
longisland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 10:42 AM   #58 (permalink)

I once saw a pop punk band called The Audition, which was an opening act for a Jack's Mannequin tour back in 2007. After having our senses assaulted by Head Automatica for 30 minutes, the jaded teenage emos in attendance (myself included) just wanted to settle in to the the sunny pop/piano rock of the main act, but were instead forced to tolerate a high-energy, mosh-appropriate set by these jackholes from Chicago. The frontman was a Grade A D-Bag, and the music was just awful.
Old 06-25-2013, 01:23 PM   #59 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to fm8418

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAndrew View Post
I once saw a pop punk band called The Audition, which was an opening act for a Jack's Mannequin tour back in 2007. After having our senses assaulted by Head Automatica for 30 minutes, the jaded teenage emos in attendance (myself included) just wanted to settle in to the the sunny pop/piano rock of the main act, but were instead forced to tolerate a high-energy, mosh-appropriate set by these jackholes from Chicago. The frontman was a Grade A D-Bag, and the music was just awful.
Head Automatica was great. Glassjaw side project, cmon!
fm8418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 02:19 PM   #60 (permalink)
Banned

I've seen Shadows Fall four times. Terrible live band.
JoshHamilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 02:28 PM   #61 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88horsepower View Post
Dude, I could watch Shirley Manson read the dictionary and be totally fine with it. Damn, that woman is smoking hot.
ManInTheMirror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 02:30 PM   #62 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshHamilton View Post
Why the hell do you keep seeing them, then?!
Old 06-25-2013, 02:33 PM   #63 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fm8418 View Post
Head Automatica was great. Glassjaw side project, cmon!
I don't actually dislike them...but they weren't exactly befitting for the target audience at that particular show. I got the feeling that Palumbo sensed that and consequently acted like a jerkoff.
Old 06-25-2013, 02:35 PM   #64 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAndrew View Post
Why the hell do you keep seeing them, then?!
They were always at free Century Media/Roadrunner showcases during SXSW
JoshHamilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 02:50 PM   #65 (permalink)

Quote:
Well, as long as you're not paying money to see them...
Old 06-25-2013, 02:57 PM   #66 (permalink)

Not really a concert but the worst anything I have ever been to was:

CATS on Broadway. - I wanted to leave about 5 minutes in
- Girlfriend Convince me to stay thinking it would get better
- Knocked down about 3 stiff drinks during intermission
- The second half was even worst than the first

If you ever want to torture someone you hate find a bootleg of CATS and make them watch it.
Never Forget 9/11, Be Diligent and Safe!
Vintage Collector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 12:26 AM   #67 (permalink)

Eddie Money. It was at a rib burn off so what the hell do you expect. He said he was sick but after seeing the State Farm commercial I really doubt it.

The worst that I have seen with expectations was The Offspring in Pittsburgh. They were the headliner for some local radio station concert fest. The other big names were Cypris Hill and New Found Glory. I was never a Cypris Hill fan and didn't give a crap about them. I wasn't too familiar with New Found Glory, but during their set they sounded very familiar. So I'd ask my sister, do they sing this? No, that's Good Charlotte. Ten minutes later, do they sing some other song? No. That's Good Charlotte. Needless to say, the only thing to come from that set was our new joke about New Found Charlotte and Good Glory. And that lasted for too long. This was the second time seeing The Offspring and this one did not live up to the first time. They seemed like they just half-assed it. They only played 60 minutes and when the house lights came on it was a total wtf moment.
rtcrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 09:15 AM   #68 (permalink)

Quote:
I had the same problem with The Deftones. I can't stand them, yet it seemed like every other show I went to in the late 90s they were the opening act. Same thing with Skid Row, I've seen them a bunch of times just because they happened to be the opening band.
Old 06-26-2013, 09:19 AM   #69 (permalink)

OK. Similar story. I was thinking about concerts as an adult. But I have a childhood story, similar to this.

1989/1990, sometime around then.

Summer.

Hampton Beach, NH.

Eddie Money.

Didn't know Eddie Money, didn't like his music, went with a friend and our respective families. Hated it. Wanted to hang myself with his microphone wire the entire time. Awful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkzac View Post
Worst concert for me would be the Doobie Brothers, they put me to sleep about 3 songs in. Part of that might have been I was in third grade and the concert was late at night for a third grader lol
Old 07-17-2013, 10:39 PM   #70 (permalink)

Quote:
No way! I've seen them around 4 times myself and each time they were energetic (especially Brian) and they really cared about putting on a good show. Great guys too!
jrosales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 11:04 PM   #71 (permalink)

The Black Crowes
Old 07-17-2013, 11:20 PM   #72 (permalink)
Banned

Not a concert but I hated the musical billy Elliot
Digicards44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 01:14 AM   #73 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd316 View Post
I had the same problem with The Deftones. I can't stand them, yet it seemed like every other show I went to in the late 90s they were the opening act. Same thing with Skid Row, I've seen them a bunch of times just because they happened to be the opening band.
I've had very mixed experiences with Deftones. I've seen some amazing shows and some really crappy shows. It might have something to do with the venue, a band like them really belong in small joint.
longisland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 01:28 AM   #74 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimey013 View Post
I would love to tell you, that you are crazy, but i won't cause it's just a matter or taste. I make sure every year around xmas i go and see them always some of the best shows I have seen, Have seen them around a dozen times and love it every time.

Probably the worst concert I have been too is Phish.. Biggest waste of money Ever... You have to be high as a kite to enjoy this show.. just saying so you if you go clean and sober you may be in for a bad time...
I didn't think anyone went clean and sober..? Anyway, I've been to many a Phish shows (never clean and sober) and always had a great time. When did you see them? I convinced my child's pre-school teacher to see a show recently and she said she had a great time.

For anyone not familiar, here is a link from a recent show. You have to get more than two minutes in before you get an idea what it's somewhat about. SCENT OF A MULE: http://youtu.be/qBkhao0DEhU . And here is another incase you want to try a hit of some more pop-like Phish. WOLFMAN'S BROTHER: http://youtu.be/ARufTkR9BpU

Last edited by stellablue; 07-18-2013 at 01:38 AM.
stellablue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 01:39 AM   #75 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManInTheMirror View Post

+10000000 horsepower. She will always be my #1. She is hot garbage.

Worst show I've ever seen was Sonic Youth opening for Pearl Jam. I've never been a fan of SY, but I gave them my undivided attention. Not sure how so many bands were influenced by them because they were horrible. Pearl Jam as always was amazing though. So not a total loss.
CollectorMan is offline   Reply With Quote