Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2013, 09:25 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default WORST Concert you ever went to.

After seeing and posting in the "Best Concert" thread, I thought I would start this one.

Worst ever - Blues Traveler. They were absolutely horrible live. Out of tune, stumbling around, and I'm pretty sure that halfway through the first song, the lead singer ate his harmonica. We left after the second song. The only highlight was what we saw on our way out. The cops had pulled 30 pot smokers out of the bathroom, and had them lined up against the wall, with plastic zip-tie handcuffs on their wrists. I'm pretty sure they enjoyed their night in jail more than they would have enjoyed the concert...

I am a network admin. If you see me laughing, pray you have a recent backup.
Deathgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 09:31 AM   #2 (permalink)
XL5

Shane MacGowan and the Popes, House of Blues Chicago, not sure the year.

I've seen him numerous times (including in Belfast!) and even at his drunkest he's put on a great show. This time though, he didn't even show. They said we could get our money back or stay and watch the Popes play alone. I got my money back.
Old 06-24-2013, 09:33 AM   #3 (permalink)

we didn't enjoy static x because the lead singer said he was hungover and sounded like crap

http://s882.photobucket.com/albums/ac24/cardpimp79/FOOTBALL%20AUTOS%20FT/
19royaldecker87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 09:35 AM   #4 (permalink)

50 Cent. I didn't even really want to go but my friend got me tickets for my birthday. I had the choice between Linkin Park and 50 Cent...I picked Linkin Park so I am not sure how we ended up at the 50 Cent concert.

He was late, I didn't enjoy his stage show at all (he was jerking off the microphone, um...I don't want to see that), I wasn't impressed by his rapping, and his show was less than an hour. I am used to seeing Rock bands that will play for 2+ hours. I was not impressed. He may have a tie with the Blood Hound Gang though who I can't stand in general but they were at Rolling Rock that year. They are clearly only musicians for an easy piece of ass.
Old 06-24-2013, 09:37 AM   #5 (permalink)

Tool, Lateralus tour.

I felt like they reached into my pocket and took out $50. The show was beyond awful. The band was barely visible on stage. I don't think Maynard ever came out once. The setlist sucked something horrible, they played all the worst songs, and pretty much ignored Undertow and Opiate. The videos they showed made me want to kill somebody, it was just looped footage of 5 second clips over and over and over and over and over and....

I've never been so bored in my life. Half way through I wanted to go home and watch TV, it was so bad. Unfortunately the people I went with were hypnotized so I had to stick it out. It took me a good 5 years before I listed to a Tool CD again I was so angry, but I'll never give them another dime of my money.

Good thing was I sold a pretty rare box set I had for $100 during my following Tool purge.

Metallica on the Load tour was pretty awful as well. If the stage didn't blow up sending a guy running across it in flames (it was all staged) it would have beaten Tool for #1. James sings like an idiot now, and even their great songs sound terrible. The encore included Am I Evil? and Motorbreath and sounded like poop. They did a horrible Kill Em All/Ride the Lightning medley. Just bad bad bad.
Old 06-24-2013, 09:41 AM   #6 (permalink)

The most boring for me was clint black..sounded ok but if he didnt blink i wouldve sworn it was a cardboard cutout..he literally didnt move the whole show...as far as sound meat loaf was horrible..insulting people in audience and he couldnt sing his songs anymore.
mickdapug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 09:41 AM   #7 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to groundsupport

I worked a radio station rap concert at the Silverdome about 2-3 years ago. I ran spotlight that night. T-Pain was there and the headline was Pitbull.

Took Pitbull over an hour to come out after the T-Pain was done and then only performed for 20-30 minutes.

Pretty crappy show..
groundsupport is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 09:44 AM   #8 (permalink)

I once fell asleep at a Sammy Hagar concert. About 1/3 of the way into the show, blam, I'm was out. Boring. I'd say that was probably the worst I've been to.
Old 06-24-2013, 09:52 AM   #9 (permalink)

Trans Siberian Orchestra

Horrible
Old 06-24-2013, 09:54 AM   #10 (permalink)

The worst concert I've ever been to was easily Godspeed You! Black Emperor.

We basically stood there for 3 and a half hours straight listening to one long song. But it wasn't even a song, just a long droning noise. Once hour three started the three of us had to retreat to the back and sit down on the floor. And this was during SXSW one year thus there were many better options all over town that night.
ManInTheMirror is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 10:03 AM   #11 (permalink)

those free summer concerts my parents use to drag us to as kids (~30 years ago)

:jedi::jedi::jedi:
natbornkiller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 10:09 AM   #12 (permalink)

The concerts I go to have pretty much all been great..But if I had to choose a worst one, it would be Wiz Khalifa

Opening acts were terrible, then it took Wiz probably about an hour to get on stage after the opening acts were done. He was supposedly late to the venue. He took so long the crowd got tired of waiting and started throwing glowsticks from the upper floors to the main floor..and mainly aiming for the security guards blocking the lower level as I saw a few getting hit in the chest and head. I apparently missed out on the glowsticks because I had no idea where everyone got them from. I felt bad for the people getting hit, but the look of all these glowsticks flying through the air was a pretty cool sight.

Then while people were throwing glowsticks and security was distracted, groups of people were running down and jumping down into the main floor. A fight even broke out between two people that I was luckily able to spot from across the venue.

After Wiz came out he performed good songs, but he's not that good live.
CAS239 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 10:39 AM   #13 (permalink)

Shane will probably share his Wiz story since he saw him live and he apparently sucked as well.

as for me- i really can't remember one. I don't go to shows often since i'm kinda picky about who i'll see and where. I can't remember when this was, but I was sorely disappointed with an MGK show I attended years ago.

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.
Clarka3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 10:49 AM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathgate View Post
After seeing and posting in the "Best Concert" thread, I thought I would start this one.

Worst ever - Blues Traveler. They were absolutely horrible live. Out of tune, stumbling around, and I'm pretty sure that halfway through the first song, the lead singer ate his harmonica. We left after the second song. The only highlight was what we saw on our way out. The cops had pulled 30 pot smokers out of the bathroom, and had them lined up against the wall, with plastic zip-tie handcuffs on their wrists. I'm pretty sure they enjoyed their night in jail more than they would have enjoyed the concert...
I saw them with Barenaked Ladies last summer. They were okay I thought plus I got the tickets given to me so I cant complain. When was this that you saw them?
Old 06-24-2013, 10:57 AM   #15 (permalink)

My wife likes many genres, including pop/R&B. I stand in most of the time though just to be able to hang with her. She got Rihanna tickets; I wasn't thrilled, but again, whatever. Take one for the team.

We were returning from overseas the day of the concert and actually decided not to go (no big loss, they were cheap tickets). Good thing. Heard the opening act (A$AP Rocky....had NO interest in seeing that dude in the first place, but that's beside the point) didn't even go to the concert, then that POS Rihanna didn't go on until 3 hours late.

You sh*tting me? Kids/fans/families pay out the ass to see you and you go on 3 hours late? What a f'n b.i.t.c.h.

So glad we didn't go...thank god.

Then the other day I heard a dude on the radio joking about her being 2 hours late to a radio interview; said something like "oh, Rihanna is 2 hours late for every concert." So, in other words, that b**** makes ZERO effort to EVER be on time for her concerts.

Man, that a loser that woman is....that kind of nerve really pisses me off.
Old 06-24-2013, 10:57 AM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd316 View Post
Tool, Lateralus tour.

I felt like they reached into my pocket and took out $50. The show was beyond awful. The band was barely visible on stage. I don't think Maynard ever came out once. The setlist sucked something horrible, they played all the worst songs, and pretty much ignored Undertow and Opiate. The videos they showed made me want to kill somebody, it was just looped footage of 5 second clips over and over and over and over and over and....

I've never been so bored in my life. Half way through I wanted to go home and watch TV, it was so bad. Unfortunately the people I went with were hypnotized so I had to stick it out. It took me a good 5 years before I listed to a Tool CD again I was so angry, but I'll never give them another dime of my money.

Good thing was I sold a pretty rare box set I had for $100 during my following Tool purge.

Metallica on the Load tour was pretty awful as well. If the stage didn't blow up sending a guy running across it in flames (it was all staged) it would have beaten Tool for #1. James sings like an idiot now, and even their great songs sound terrible. The encore included Am I Evil? and Motorbreath and sounded like poop. They did a horrible Kill Em All/Ride the Lightning medley. Just bad bad bad.
I went to that show/tour (Tool). You gotta realize that's how Maynard is. I thought the silouette was unique and Tool's set list for me will always be good. Does it really matter if he is on stage or not? He doesn't do anything special. At least the rest of the band was on stage.

I'll agree with Metallica - if they are not playing nostalgics, they suck.

Incoming -
Outgoing -
DetectiveChrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 10:59 AM   #17 (permalink)

nevermind...
ManInTheMirror is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 11:01 AM   #18 (permalink)

worst show ever was Q102's summer R&B festival (unsure of the real name) - my mom made me take my younger sister. it was in camden, nj. it was rap, r&b and hip hop. not my scene and i felt so out of place. if you had to find me there, it would have been easy, just look for the lone grain of salt in a sea of pepper. i'm actually surprised that we got out of there without incident.

i saw the bouncing souls in a bowling alley once.
the bowling alley served sushi and beer and grilled cheeses (instead of butter on the bread they used mayo)
that was probably my best show
VWBUS1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 11:03 AM   #19 (permalink)

Creed.

I went to the Creed/Jerry Cantrell concert in 2002 just to see Jerry. He rocked no doubt, that's a given. When Creed came on, their sound was f'n amazing! It was like 100x that of Jerry's. I was so pissed.

Incoming -
Outgoing -
Old 06-24-2013, 11:04 AM   #20 (permalink)

Cheap Trick, 2011 Bluesfest. Not their fault, though, unless they caused the stage to collapse.
Old 06-24-2013, 11:18 AM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetectiveChrome View Post
I went to that show/tour (Tool). You gotta realize that's how Maynard is. I thought the silouette was unique and Tool's set list for me will always be good. Does it really matter if he is on stage or not? He doesn't do anything special. At least the rest of the band was on stage.
Yeah it matters. I pay to see the band (and it takes a band I REALLY like for me to shell out $50+), it's nice to watch them actually performing.

Maynard hasn't always been like that, and you're not the first person to argue that point with me. I've seen footage of him front and center so he can do it, I guess it's just easier for him to hide now.

This was the set from my show, I don't know if they did the same every night: Tool Concert Setlist at First Union Center, Philadelphia on September 27, 2001 | setlist.fm

^^^^ That's a great site for setlists, by the way.

Last edited by dd316; 06-24-2013 at 11:21 AM.
dd316 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 11:21 AM   #22 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHeel View Post
Trans Siberian Orchestra

Horrible

I've been twice and loved it both times.

My favorite show was Rolling Stones (Voodoo Lounge Tour)

Opening act was Counting Crows. I don't mind their music, but they stunk that day. They left the stage as the boos got too loud.
Old 06-24-2013, 11:29 AM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd316 View Post
Yeah it matters. I pay to see the band (and it takes a band I REALLY like for me to shell out $50+), it's nice to watch them actually performing.

Maynard hasn't always been like that, and you're not the first person to argue that point with me. I've seen footage of him front and center so he can do it, I guess it's just easier for him to hide now.

This was the set from my show, I don't know if they did the same every night: Tool Concert Setlist at First Union Center, Philadelphia on September 27, 2001 | setlist.fm

^^^^ That's a great site for setlists, by the way.
Sorry I didn;t mean that Maynard always hides behind a silouette. I meant that he liked to be hidden and mysterious. Anything he did was ok because of his personality is what I meant. That's Maynard being Maynard.

Thanks for the link. My show in 2002.

1.Sober Play Video
2.The Grudge Play Video
3.Stinkfist Play Video
(extended with Suspicious … moreMinds and White Lines lyrics)
4.H. Play Video
5.Schism Play Video
6.Parabol Play Video
7.Parabola Play Video
8.Ænema Play Video

9.Disposition Play Video
10.Reflection Play Video
11.Triad Play Video
12.Lateralus Play Video

Incoming -
Outgoing -
Old 06-24-2013, 11:34 AM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassking511 View Post
I saw them with Barenaked Ladies last summer. They were okay I thought plus I got the tickets given to me so I cant complain. When was this that you saw them?
Sometime in the mid 1990s. It was after their album "four" came out, but not too long after.

I am a network admin. If you see me laughing, pray you have a recent backup.
Deathgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 11:37 AM   #25 (permalink)

MC Hammer/Vanilla Ice reunion. Vanilla absolutely rocked the place, everyone loved him and even the opening acts. MC was the big headline and it took him over a hour to come on stage after Vanilla. By the time he got on stage everyone was already tired and burnt out. Plus his music was horrible. Vanilla took all the crowd from him.
Oilngo is offline   Reply With Quote