Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2008, 11:03 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default D. Howard's SLAM DUNK DISPLAY

As most of you know I think the NBA is a watered down disgrace anymore BUT Dwight Howard was ridiculous tonight. After watching my Flyers lose a 6th straight game (BTW - get your Carey Price RCs)I switched to the dunk contest just to see Howard. Thats the most entertainment I've seen from the NBA in YEARS. Kind of sad that a dunk contest is more memorable than any regular or even postseason game in the past 10 years.

ALWAYS BUYING '97 LEGENDS AUTOS OR H.O.F. AUTO NEEDS
BAMBAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 11:06 PM   #2 (permalink)
Hail to the Victors!

The creativity and difficulty of his dunks were the best I can remember seeing from a single player in a dunk contest.
Old 02-16-2008, 11:13 PM   #3 (permalink)

His dunks are alot different than the old school dunkers. I always thought Dominique was the best and most original dunker I ever saw. Howard was amazing but in totally different way since he used alot of props that were really never used back then. Easily the best dunk contest since Vince Carter won a few years back.

ALWAYS BUYING '97 LEGENDS AUTOS OR H.O.F. AUTO NEEDS
BAMBAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 11:37 PM   #4 (permalink)

Howard was awesome! When you consider his size and what he was able to do it really was amazing. I have to give props to Gerald Green too as he did some great things but was Dwight's showmanship made it no contest. Very entertaining!!!!
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 09:47 AM   #5 (permalink)

was Howards "Superman" dunk really a dunk though? he wasnt even close to the rim and just threw the ball at the hoop, luckily it went in..I dont think it should have gotten close to a 50 for that. His others were very nice and deserved what they got.
Moonpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 03:11 PM   #6 (permalink)

I give props to Howard for bringing back the slam dunk contest HE WAS AMAZING!!! I knew it was over after the first round with the superman dunk. We need that every year.
Old 02-17-2008, 04:42 PM   #7 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to ceczerwonka Send a message via Yahoo to ceczerwonka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonpie View Post
was Howards "Superman" dunk really a dunk though? he wasnt even close to the rim and just threw the ball at the hoop, luckily it went in..I dont think it should have gotten close to a 50 for that. His others were very nice and deserved what they got.
I have to agree that the "Superman" dunk wasn't really a dunk. I thought Green blowing out the candle on the cupcake was a great dunk. Very imaginative. Its too bad that the NBA wouldn't let Howard raise the goal to 12ft like he wanted to.
ceczerwonka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 04:16 PM   #8 (permalink)

The slam dunk contest has been a joke for years. I miss the days of Webb, Wilkens, Jordan, etc. I guess there is only so much you can do though without getting imaganitive. The cupcake, in my opinion, was much better than the, "superman throwdown." I actually prefer the High School dunk contest. That was until that girl won for the fake blindfold dunk. The kid that was going against her was a bad mofo for a young kid.
Just my opinion.....no hatin' goin on here.
we6374 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 05:23 PM   #9 (permalink)

I NEVER watch NBA games, and I stopped watching the dunk contest a couple of years ago when Iguodala was doing amazing dunks with ease and they gave Nate Robinson about 17 tries to finish a simple dunk and he got the win ... they obviously knew who they wanted to win that year ... it wasn't even close. The dunk contest was corrupt just like everything else in the NBA. I dont think Iguodala has participated since ... can't blame him.
TimC is offline   Reply With Quote