Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqu images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2013, 12:31 AM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFrenzy View Post
My wife and I lived in a split level townhome when we got married. One night around 4 am I woke up to the sound of someone trashing our downstairs. Furniture being moved, dishes broken, walls banged on, all sorts of racket. As I began to move towards the bedroom door, our cat began running in circles. I opened our door and immediately the noise stopped. I could hear breathing and so I knew they knew I knew they were there. (fun sentence to write) I shut the door and woke my wife up, telling her not to panic. We opened our bedroom window and when we heard the footsteps coming up the stairs, we hopped out the second story window (newly married, I didn't have a gun yet) onto a metal bay window that stuck out from the first floor. As soon as we did, a police spotlight hit us. They thought we were the ones robbing the house (in our pajamas). We told them the real burglar was inside and they got confused. They had actually been patrolling when they saw us obviously being suspicious and had investigated. So after convincing them that they had stumbled upon an in-progressive robbery, they asked if the back door was locked. It was, but at this point I knew I had armed backup, so I hopped back through the window and ran down to unlock the door.

As I ran through the house my stomach dropped. No doors were kicked in. No windows broken. Nothing moved or out of place. I let the officers in and they looked around. No signs of forced entry. Thankfully they didn't question us about drugs. (We were/are totally clean, but how would you explain going out your second story window at 4 am?) We slept the rest of the night downstairs on the couch.

THEN, two weeks later I was at school an hour away when my wife called me and asked if I was upstairs. I told her to get out of the house. When I got home she told me she had been sitting downstairs when someone began opening and slamming our drawers upstairs.

THEN, a few weeks later our landlord asked us if we had met our neighbor. We hadn't. Our landlord then told us that our neighbor was a hardcore Wiccan who had already been reprimanded by the staff for attempting to "curse" other residents.

We moved a month later (got a great deal, not because of ghosts). Six months later we were hanging out with our old landlord and we jokingly asked her if anything else spooky had happened in our apartment. She laughed and said no but then caught herself and got kind of serious. She told us that actually a widower had moved in after us and had said that the first week he was there he kept hearing his dead wife talking in the hallway, but everytime he got up to check, there was no one there.

Anyways, that's what I've got other than an incident involving ball lightning when i was a child.

Well I was going to go to bed since I have work in the morning but wont be getting sleep now.
Journey to my first case: $85/$800
Truemountaineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 01:24 AM   #27 (permalink)

I do not believe in Ghosts.
With that said, we have something that runs from the Kitchen up the hallway. You can;t hear it but you can see it out of the corner of my eye. I have mistaken it for my youngest son on several occasions to the point of getting up to get on to him for being up and out of bed at 2,3,4Am, found him asleep and chalked it up to being tired.

Anyway

It keeps happening. A few months ago I said to the wife "We have a 4ft tall thing that runs from the kitchen to the bathroom in the middle of the night that looks like a brown headed boy" I expected her to tease me,but she said " I know, I have seen it a few time as well but only out of the corner of my eye" which was a bit freaky as she was dead on. If I look it;s not there, if I focus on my peripheral I can see the "shape" run out and up the hall way towards the bathroom.
Anyway,not sure what it is but it does the same thing once or twice a week.
I do not think it is a ghost as I do not believe any of that is true,but I also cannot say what it is.
Gibberish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 02:52 AM   #28 (permalink)

Some very great and chilling stories here. On a somewhat related note, I believe that small children see ghosts.
jeffro318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 03:01 AM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffro318 View Post
Some very great and chilling stories here. On a somewhat related note, I believe that small children see ghosts.
my nephew used to play alone in my mom's basement and be laughing and talking and whenever we asked him who he was talking to/playing with, he'd say it was me. that always creeped me out.

my other nephew (2 years old at the time) recognized my deceased grandfather that he never met from a picture at my aunt's house.
Old 07-01-2013, 03:07 AM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tolrobb View Post
my nephew used to play alone in my mom's basement and be laughing and talking and whenever we asked him who he was talking to/playing with, he'd say it was me. that always creeped me out.

my other nephew (2 years old at the time) recognized my deceased grandfather that he never met from a picture at my aunt's house.
Never had any instances like this, but just the way they look at stuff. I kinda figured they were just amazed by everything but I swear when my daughter was very young she was seeing things all the time.
jeffro318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 03:22 AM   #31 (permalink)

Remind me to tell you guys about this time I was in this library in New York City and I got the hell scared out of me by an apparition in white. Let's just say that my experience became part of a major motion picture.
ilovethelakings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 03:24 AM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovethelakings View Post
Remind me to tell you guys about this time I was in this library in New York City. Let's just say that my experience became part of a major motion picture.
reminder.........

Mr. Irrelevant: The choice of Aaron Hernandez with the 180th pick gave ImNOTDanShakespeare the worst pick of the last round in terms of projected points.
DanShakespeare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 04:21 AM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:
Remind me to tell you guys about this time I was in this library in New York City and I got the hell scared out of me by an apparition in white. Let's just say that my experience became part of a major motion picture.
Ha! I see what you did there...
AKHMERICA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 09:15 AM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:
Did you see the green full bodies apparition at the hotel later?
Current Needs: Drew Bledsoe 2009 BTL Auto's O,T; Buybacks; Butler Bulldogs (Gordon Hayward, Shelvin Mack, Matt Howard); Looking for the following: Alfonzo Dennard '12 TC Superfractor; Chandler Jones '12 TC and Bowman Sterling Superfractors; Please PM me with details
ssbledsoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 01:58 PM   #35 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssbledsoe View Post
Did you see the green full bodies apparition at the hotel later?
In fact, I did. Except he left me alone to go screw with some guys who claimed to be doctors. Let me just tell you that nobody would ever want to be on that thing's hit list.
Old 07-01-2013, 07:48 PM   #36 (permalink)

jeepers creepers
stripedbass91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 01:09 AM   #37 (permalink)

Quote:
In fact, I did. Except he left me alone to go screw with some guys who claimed to be doctors. Let me just tell you that nobody would ever want to be on that thing's hit list.
Do you think Mr Stay Puft could ever harm anyone?
Current Needs: Drew Bledsoe 2009 BTL Auto's O,T; Buybacks; Butler Bulldogs (Gordon Hayward, Shelvin Mack, Matt Howard); Looking for the following: Alfonzo Dennard '12 TC Superfractor; Chandler Jones '12 TC and Bowman Sterling Superfractors; Please PM me with details
ssbledsoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 12:13 PM   #38 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffro318 View Post
I had a girlfriend who said that she used to see auras around people when she was younger, but it stopped when she started to get older (can't recall if she ever told me how young).
freethrowtommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 12:31 PM   #39 (permalink)

When I was a wee lad, my father had an old Victorian house in Severna Park, MD. My parents were divorced, but I would visit my Dad on the weekend. There were many occasions where I would hear furniture moving and cabinets opening and closing while I tried to sleep. One night I ventured downstairs, and saw freakin chairs moving across the floor and cabinets opening and closing by themselves. I TOTALLY freaked out and screamed like a little girl. My father told me it was Mr. Ghost and to go back to sleep. Next day he said it was just a bad dream.

20 years later I spoke to my Dad about it, and he said they tried their best to never let me see that stuff, because they knew it would scar me for life. They never harmed anyone, just rearranged all of the furniture in the house.

"Would you like to touch my monkey? Touch him! Touch my monkey!"
chipmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 12:55 PM   #40 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssbledsoe View Post
Do you think Mr Stay Puft could ever harm anyone?
I do not understand what you are referring to. That just sounds like a totally made up name.
Old 07-02-2013, 06:54 PM   #41 (permalink)

My sister and I had a strange experience shortly after our grandfather's death in 2003. We were home alone with the TV on one evening and it started flipping channels on its own. Neither of us was in the room at the time (we lived in a single wide, so we were in the kitchen and could see directly to the living room). We could see the remote - it was just sitting on the couch, there was nothing touching it. We didn't really know what to do, or what was going on, so we both just watched until it stopped. We had it on Nickolodeon or something (I was 14, my sister was 12), and it flipped all the way down to local programming - to our grandpa's favorite news broadcast. It just stopped there, and it never happened again. We've always believed that it was him paying us a visit, maybe trying to let us know that everything was ok?

As strange as it sounds, it was not a scary experience for me. I mean, it was definitely weird, but it honestly did not creep me out. I think that is why I've always thought it was him. I've spoken to my sister about it a few times over the years, and she has the same impression about it.
Pittsburgh Steelers - past and present, Ward, Bettis, Roethlisberger, Miller
hrad_23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 11:13 PM   #42 (permalink)

I once met someone who had the craziest story. He used to be against any sort of "paranormal activity." He didnt believe in ghosts or anything like that and even joked around at people who did believe in it. One night he was in his sisters home. His sister just put her six year old child (his nephew) to bed upstairs. They both chatted in the living room for a while while the TV was on in the background. A few hours later a child ran across the living room into the kitchen. Not thinking twice, the sister walked into the kitchen thinking it was her son who got out of bed and ran by, but when she went to get him, nobody was in the kitchen. The guy who was still sitting on a couch in the living room by the stairs saw the sister come out of the kitchen with nobody and said "no way. he didnt come back up the stairs, I was right here." Scared, the sister asked him if he could walk with her upstairs to check on her child. They both went up, the childs door was closed, they opened it and he was sound asleep. After that night, this guy now shares this story with anyone who will listen. Needless to say, he believes in the paranormal now.
Old 07-03-2013, 07:24 AM   #43 (permalink)

I KNOW what I saw as a child, but with technology/cameras nowadays, WHY isn't any of this stuff on digital video? You would think there would be some convincing evidence to support these types of activities.

Another story for you guys:

My Grandmother died when I was 13, and prior to her death, my Grandmother/Grandfather and Mother/Stepfather had a trip planned to Scotland. According to my Grandfather who was a straight shooting, Ivy League educated man -one day he was sitting on his couch shortly after her death, and he said that she came walking down the stairs, looked right at him, and told him to have a great time in Scotland, walked back up the stairs and disappearred. I still get sad and sob to this day talking about this, because it broke his heart, and he died not too long after that. he was my best friend.

"Would you like to touch my monkey? Touch him! Touch my monkey!"
chipmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 09:37 PM   #44 (permalink)

Bump for some more
Old 07-09-2013, 10:14 PM   #45 (permalink)

Interesting stories. Keep em coming!
Old 07-09-2013, 10:53 PM   #46 (permalink)

Not strange at all.. ALMOST on the same lines. After my Grandpa passed away (3-3-06). My mom had her kitchen radio going, when all the sudden it started flipping through Radio Stations. She called me to come over because she was freaked out. At the time I lived just a handful of miles away so I stopped over. I was kind of skeptic at first flipping my mom crap that she was deliusional but I was there MAYBE 5 minutes before the radio turned itself on. I looked at my mom and she looked at me (Like a, I told you so face). I kind of chuckled a bit because she claimed while vaccumming she could hear her dad, My grandpa talking to her about something. So I went over and shut the radio off myself and within 30-40 seconds later before I could even leave the kitchen it turned itself on and started flipping through radio stations. I told my mom if it was truely my grandpa that he would turn it to a station with a song I liked and I SWEAR ON MY KIDS LIFES it stopped on a Nelly song that was playing after switching through FM and AM stations it popped back on to FM and found that song I liked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrad_23 View Post
My sister and I had a strange experience shortly after our grandfather's death in 2003. We were home alone with the TV on one evening and it started flipping channels on its own. Neither of us was in the room at the time (we lived in a single wide, so we were in the kitchen and could see directly to the living room). We could see the remote - it was just sitting on the couch, there was nothing touching it. We didn't really know what to do, or what was going on, so we both just watched until it stopped. We had it on Nickolodeon or something (I was 14, my sister was 12), and it flipped all the way down to local programming - to our grandpa's favorite news broadcast. It just stopped there, and it never happened again. We've always believed that it was him paying us a visit, maybe trying to let us know that everything was ok?

As strange as it sounds, it was not a scary experience for me. I mean, it was definitely weird, but it honestly did not creep me out. I think that is why I've always thought it was him. I've spoken to my sister about it a few times over the years, and she has the same impression about it.

Mr. Irrelevant: The choice of Aaron Hernandez with the 180th pick gave ImNOTDanShakespeare the worst pick of the last round in terms of projected points.
DanShakespeare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 10:56 AM   #47 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanShakespeare View Post
Not strange at all.. ALMOST on the same lines. After my Grandpa passed away (3-3-06). My mom had her kitchen radio going, when all the sudden it started flipping through Radio Stations. She called me to come over because she was freaked out. At the time I lived just a handful of miles away so I stopped over. I was kind of skeptic at first flipping my mom crap that she was delusional but I was there MAYBE 5 minutes before the radio turned itself on. I looked at my mom and she looked at me (Like a, I told you so face). I kind of chuckled a bit because she claimed while vacuuming she could hear her dad, My grandpa talking to her about something. So I went over and shut the radio off myself and within 30-40 seconds later before I could even leave the kitchen it turned itself on and started flipping through radio stations. I told my mom if it was truly my grandpa that he would turn it to a station with a song I liked and I SWEAR ON MY KIDS LIFES it stopped on a Nelly song that was playing after switching through FM and AM stations it popped back on to FM and found that song I liked.
Wow now thats pretty neat.
Old 09-23-2013, 01:19 AM   #48 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFrenzy View Post
My wife and I lived in a split level townhome when we got married. One night around 4 am I woke up to the sound of someone trashing our downstairs. Furniture being moved, dishes broken, walls banged on, all sorts of racket. As I began to move towards the bedroom door, our cat began running in circles. I opened our door and immediately the noise stopped. I could hear breathing and so I knew they knew I knew they were there. (fun sentence to write) I shut the door and woke my wife up, telling her not to panic. We opened our bedroom window and when we heard the footsteps coming up the stairs, we hopped out the second story window (newly married, I didn't have a gun yet) onto a metal bay window that stuck out from the first floor. As soon as we did, a police spotlight hit us. They thought we were the ones robbing the house (in our pajamas). We told them the real burglar was inside and they got confused. They had actually been patrolling when they saw us obviously being suspicious and had investigated. So after convincing them that they had stumbled upon an in-progressive robbery, they asked if the back door was locked. It was, but at this point I knew I had armed backup, so I hopped back through the window and ran down to unlock the door.

As I ran through the house my stomach dropped. No doors were kicked in. No windows broken. Nothing moved or out of place. I let the officers in and they looked around. No signs of forced entry. Thankfully they didn't question us about drugs. (We were/are totally clean, but how would you explain going out your second story window at 4 am?) We slept the rest of the night downstairs on the couch.

THEN, two weeks later I was at school an hour away when my wife called me and asked if I was upstairs. I told her to get out of the house. When I got home she told me she had been sitting downstairs when someone began opening and slamming our drawers upstairs.

THEN, a few weeks later our landlord asked us if we had met our neighbor. We hadn't. Our landlord then told us that our neighbor was a hardcore Wiccan who had already been reprimanded by the staff for attempting to "curse" other residents.

We moved a month later (got a great deal, not because of ghosts). Six months later we were hanging out with our old landlord and we jokingly asked her if anything else spooky had happened in our apartment. She laughed and said no but then caught herself and got kind of serious. She told us that actually a widower had moved in after us and had said that the first week he was there he kept hearing his dead wife talking in the hallway, but everytime he got up to check, there was no one there.

Anyways, that's what I've got other than an incident involving ball lightning when i was a child.

yeah that gave me the creeps lol..

one night it was like 415-430 and I woke up and ran to the pisser did my business and came back to bed...I got comfortable and closed my eyes and I swear I felt the bed indent like someone sat on the edge...my back was towards it and I was to damn scared to turn around...I grabbed the remote off the dresser and turned the tv on and then turned around and nothing was there...I don't know what it was but I know for sure something/someone sat on the edge of the bed....paranormal or me just being jumpy but it scared the living daylights out of me...
jerryw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 01:36 AM   #49 (permalink)

Of course right after I read this I hear banging upstairs and then loudly thrashing down the stairs...of course it was my dickhole cat but she freaked the crap out of me.
KEARYCOLBERT83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 02:20 AM   #50 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanShakespeare View Post
I told my mom if it was truely my grandpa that he would turn it to a station with a song I liked and I SWEAR ON MY KIDS LIFES it stopped on a Nelly song that was playing after switching through FM and AM stations it popped back on to FM and found that song I liked.
I think you are not telling the whole truth. I think it stopped on your favorite Backstreet Boys song.