Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2013, 10:17 AM   #51 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovethelakings View Post
I think you are not telling the whole truth. I think it stopped on your favorite Backstreet Boys song.
Haha Dangit, Was hoping that somebody wouldn't call me out on that part! Everything else though true story!

Mr. Irrelevant: The choice of Aaron Hernandez with the 180th pick gave ImNOTDanShakespeare the worst pick of the last round in terms of projected points.
DanShakespeare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 10:45 AM   #52 (permalink)

i still don't believe in that stuff. not that i'm asking for weird #@#@#@#@ to start happening to me.

The only brush i had would be one time I was sleeping alone in the place I shared with my roommates. They were out of town, and their big rottweiler was staying with me for the weekend. Anyway, I wake up with a weird feeling and was kind of tingly (when you think somebody is watching you), and i couldn't move.

I just mumbled "is somebody there?" and then the dog comes barreling into my room and jumps over me onto the bed and just started growling and going ballistic. Just like that, I was able to move again and nothing was there.

now, i don't think it was supernatural. I can't explain what freaked Lexi out, but i figured the paralysis I experienced was just Sleep Paralysis. Perhaps me speaking and waking her up from a deep sleep freaked her out for a moment. But the fact that she came from the living room and sprinted all the way to my room was unsettling.

I've never experienced anything like that again though. I'd love to believe in ghosts and things, but I've just never seen anything that proves they exist, personally or on those stupid tv shows. guess i'm just a skeptic.

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.
Clarka3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 11:27 AM   #53 (permalink)

I don't even know where to begin...I know this will be long, but I hope some of you read the whole thing as this is very emotional and important to me.

In 2006 my Grandmother (My Mom's mom) lost her 3 year battle against Pancreatic Cancer. She died in a Hospital bed in her living room on April 18th 2006 at about 6:30 p.m. I used to spend a lot of time with her and my Grandfather when I was a kid. I'd spend the night on Friday nights with them and then go to breakfast with them on Saturday mornings. In the time I spent with them I noticed how much she liked the T.V. Guide magazine. She would sit on the edge of the couch in the living room circling the shows she wanted to see and then would write down reminders on her calender which was always on her coffee table in front of the couch. She always seemed relaxed and at peace when she looked through her T.V. Guide.

Fast forward to 2009, my Grandmother is no longer with us and my Grandfather is in a nursing home and had been since 2006. My parents were selling their house and I needed a place to go. My Uncle called me and offered me a great deal on renting my Grandparents house. I was ecstatic, it's a beautiful house in an excellent neighborhood. So a couple weeks later I moved in, I was alone. I brought in my own furniture etc and arranged it how I wanted it. A couple weeks later I started to feel a "Presence" around me. A feeling that someone was there with me. I brushed it off as I've always been able to feel changes in the Electro Magnetic Field around me. After a couple days it went away. Fast forward another week, it's evening and I decide to have a midnight snack before I go to bed. I go into the kitchen and make a sandwich, as I walk out of the kitchen I see my Grandmother clear as day sitting on the edge of my couch looking down at something. I walk straight to my room trying to grasp what I had just seen. I sat on my bed and within seconds I was flooded with a wave emotions I can't describe. I played it back over and over in my head trying to process it all. The fact was, I saw my Grandma who passed away in 2006 sitting on my couch like she was reading a T.V. Guide. I completely broke down and started crying. I called my mom at work crying and explained what had I had just seen. There was a moment of silence, then I heard her break down and cry. She told me she believed me and that not for a single second did she doubt me. She told me that she had been getting visits from my Grandma since her death in 2006. We talked for a while trying to calm each other down talking about our experiences.

Fast forward 1 year. I'm still living in the same house and am still sensing my Grandma and even on a couple occasions caught a whiff of her perfume. Then one morning (4 am or so) I'm sleeping on the couch in the living room when I am awoken by the most evil, dark, demonic yell you could imagine followed by what sounded like a bomb going off in the house. What made it worse was that my Cat saw/heard it to, he was standing on the arm of the couch with his back arched and his tail raised staring up at a corner in the living room. I knew I hadn't imagined it at that point. The amount of heaviness I felt in the air was unbearable and just downright frightening.

I can't explain the things I saw and heard. But after that night I never sensed, smelled or saw my Grandma again. That was 3 years ago. I don't believe in Heaven or Hell. But I do believe in a sort of afterlife, a transition so to say, where our energy is simply transferred to another plain of existence. I believe that people who were evil in life continue to exist as evil energy after death, and that people who were good in life continue to exist as clean and pure energy after death. The only thing I can think is that on that night something evil wanted in, but my Grandmother fought to keep it out and to protect me. I try not to view it as she lost and it took her. I try to view it as she was there with me the whole time leading up to that night because something was trying to make it's way in and she knew she'd have to fight it. She was always a tough lady and she never went down without a fight especially against Cancer. And that the reason I never felt her presence or saw her after that morning was because she knew after that I would be safe.

Follow me on Twitter @Davesportscards
Davesportscards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 12:14 PM   #54 (permalink)

This sh*t is mighty f'd up.

There probably isn't a single thing that freaks me out more in this world than the thought of ghosts/spirits, whether friendly or not. Just the notion of an unexplained presence blows my mind and makes me go crazy.

Do I believe in them? Sure.
Can I explain them? Nope.
Do I believe that dogs (and possibly other animals) can sense them? Damn right.

Would I CRISS (crap/piss) my nickers if I EVER saw anything resembling a person that I knew wasn't alive? DAMN SKIPPY.

Great stories by the way, everyone. Really interesting stuff.

A few have made the hair on my arms stand up. You get 'cool' points for that.
Old 09-23-2013, 04:15 PM   #55 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueNE_09 View Post

There probably isn't a single thing that freaks me out more in this world than the thought of ghosts/spirits, whether friendly or not. Just the notion of an unexplained presence blows my mind and makes me go crazy.

Would I CRISS (crap/piss) my nickers if I EVER saw anything resembling a person that I knew wasn't alive? DAMN SKIPPY.

I'd haunt you for sure.

Mr. Irrelevant: The choice of Aaron Hernandez with the 180th pick gave ImNOTDanShakespeare the worst pick of the last round in terms of projected points.
DanShakespeare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 01:17 AM   #56 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to ChicagoCubsWS

Last year was my freshman year of college. I moved to a smaller town in Iowa my junior year of HS, so I roomed with my new neighbor who I played baseball with. His whole life he has experienced ghosts or paranormal activity, and he has lived at multiple residences. We assume it "followed" him in a way.

Multiple events happened over a month or two span while in our down. Some were with him alone, some myself alone, and some with others around. Here are some stories of what happened and who they were with. Sorry for the long post, lots of stories to tell.

1. Roommate and myself are sleeping. I am in a top bunk and he is below on the futon. My iPhone is thrown off of my stand next to my bed while charging. We tried to replicate it and couldn't. Even if it is tipped over the stand, it would not come unplugged to charger. (iPhone users know how strong the iPhone charger is when attached.)

2. Roommate hears and feels what appears to be people sitting on futon while he is there. Our futon makes a crink noise when someone sits down, he says he has heard it while sleeping.

3. For our Humanities class, I had to read the book "Heart of Darkness". This book fell off of the shelf multiple times throughout the month while both of us were in the room.

Here comes the freakier ones. Mind you I am not lying at all and this still scares the sh!t out of me today while I type there.

4. While both of us are sleeping, the loft and bunk start to shake. Not just a rattle, but legit shaking. He jumps up and runs to the corner where the light is, and it continues to shake for ~5 seconds while I am stuck up top. His face was pale beyond belief and we didn't sleep the rest of the night.

5. While alone, I was watching Netflix before class. I stood up from a small stool to turn TV off, and I heard the futon crink. I hear a boom, and my roommates phone is across the room. It was charging on the corner of the futon while he was at class. I never ran out of somewhere so fast before.

6. I usually lock the door. Roommate leaves his keys and calls me to unlock. He said he heard the lock unlock assuming I was in there, and no one was. He didn't go in until I came back.

7. While alone, his girlfriend said she heard someone whisper her name and then felt someone sit down on the futon with her. She felt a lingering presence the rest of the time she was there.

Those are my stories. I have no doubt that paranormal activity happens now because of those events. 100% believer now.
Old 09-24-2013, 03:54 AM   #57 (permalink)

My buddies and I are getting all pumped up talking about going on a ghost hunt at the ohio state reformatory, where shawshank redemption was filmed in mansfield. You are there from 8pm til 5am and its $70-$85 a person I believe.
jeffro318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 08:18 PM   #58 (permalink)

Holy crap, some of these are down right horrifying... No idea how I'd react if something similar happened to me.

The only real 'paranormal' story I have is one that I had to ask about for years because my mother wouldn't talk about it. When I was a newborn, my mother, father and I lived in what was a detached garage, converted into a 1-bedroom house behind an elderly woman's home.

I've been told that my father's albums fly across the room, others would seem to be deliberately broken and left on the floor. Nothing too crazy, which he explained away as "Well, you momma never really liked Van Halen anyways."

My crib was kept in the living room and always had plenty of toys in it. On the other side of the room was our couch, which pressed up against a wall, with a window just above it. For whatever reason, some days my toys would be out of my crib and perfectly lined up on along the back of the couch.

I'm not sure how often it happened, but it was enough for her to ask the woman who owned the property if she knew anything about it. The woman laughed off the questions and said "Oh, it's just the baby that used to live there. He probably wants someone to play with." Turns out, this baby and family lived there a year or so before we did. It's crib was under the window, right were our couch was, and had gotten pneumonia and died.
SBelcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 11:47 PM   #59 (permalink)

Some great story's! I forgot I started this post . A couple of them are similar to my experience. Any one else have any thing?
CoryM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 12:03 AM   #60 (permalink)

Guess I'm not going to sleep tonight after reading these
*The World's Official #1 Ariana Grande Superfan*
Kobe24>MJ23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 12:08 AM   #61 (permalink)

Yesterday, I watched 'The Conjourning' and talk about FREAKY!!
90sbaseballfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 12:23 AM   #62 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davesportscards View Post
I don't even know where to begin...I know this will be long, but I hope some of you read the whole thing as this is very emotional and important to me.

In 2006 my Grandmother (My Mom's mom) lost her 3 year battle against Pancreatic Cancer. She died in a Hospital bed in her living room on April 18th 2006 at about 6:30 p.m. I used to spend a lot of time with her and my Grandfather when I was a kid. I'd spend the night on Friday nights with them and then go to breakfast with them on Saturday mornings. In the time I spent with them I noticed how much she liked the T.V. Guide magazine. She would sit on the edge of the couch in the living room circling the shows she wanted to see and then would write down reminders on her calender which was always on her coffee table in front of the couch. She always seemed relaxed and at peace when she looked through her T.V. Guide.

Fast forward to 2009, my Grandmother is no longer with us and my Grandfather is in a nursing home and had been since 2006. My parents were selling their house and I needed a place to go. My Uncle called me and offered me a great deal on renting my Grandparents house. I was ecstatic, it's a beautiful house in an excellent neighborhood. So a couple weeks later I moved in, I was alone. I brought in my own furniture etc and arranged it how I wanted it. A couple weeks later I started to feel a "Presence" around me. A feeling that someone was there with me. I brushed it off as I've always been able to feel changes in the Electro Magnetic Field around me. After a couple days it went away. Fast forward another week, it's evening and I decide to have a midnight snack before I go to bed. I go into the kitchen and make a sandwich, as I walk out of the kitchen I see my Grandmother clear as day sitting on the edge of my couch looking down at something. I walk straight to my room trying to grasp what I had just seen. I sat on my bed and within seconds I was flooded with a wave emotions I can't describe. I played it back over and over in my head trying to process it all. The fact was, I saw my Grandma who passed away in 2006 sitting on my couch like she was reading a T.V. Guide. I completely broke down and started crying. I called my mom at work crying and explained what had I had just seen. There was a moment of silence, then I heard her break down and cry. She told me she believed me and that not for a single second did she doubt me. She told me that she had been getting visits from my Grandma since her death in 2006. We talked for a while trying to calm each other down talking about our experiences.

Fast forward 1 year. I'm still living in the same house and am still sensing my Grandma and even on a couple occasions caught a whiff of her perfume. Then one morning (4 am or so) I'm sleeping on the couch in the living room when I am awoken by the most evil, dark, demonic yell you could imagine followed by what sounded like a bomb going off in the house. What made it worse was that my Cat saw/heard it to, he was standing on the arm of the couch with his back arched and his tail raised staring up at a corner in the living room. I knew I hadn't imagined it at that point. The amount of heaviness I felt in the air was unbearable and just downright frightening.

I can't explain the things I saw and heard. But after that night I never sensed, smelled or saw my Grandma again. That was 3 years ago. I don't believe in Heaven or Hell. But I do believe in a sort of afterlife, a transition so to say, where our energy is simply transferred to another plain of existence. I believe that people who were evil in life continue to exist as evil energy after death, and that people who were good in life continue to exist as clean and pure energy after death. The only thing I can think is that on that night something evil wanted in, but my Grandmother fought to keep it out and to protect me. I try not to view it as she lost and it took her. I try to view it as she was there with me the whole time leading up to that night because something was trying to make it's way in and she knew she'd have to fight it. She was always a tough lady and she never went down without a fight especially against Cancer. And that the reason I never felt her presence or saw her after that morning was because she knew after that I would be safe.
Reading this a couple months later now and it still scares the hell out of me all these years later.

Old 11-24-2013, 12:39 AM   #63 (permalink)

I'm a huge believer in the Paranormal as I live in the Ghost Capitol of the USA,Savannah GA, but I've only seen orbs. *sighs*. One day, something good will show itself.
Old 11-24-2013, 12:50 AM   #64 (permalink)

People will probably think I'm nuts after all of this. Given my experience at my Grandparents old house and what I've been experiencing for the last year. But here it is.

June of 2012 my GF and I moved in with her parents due to financial reasons. Anyways, ever since we moved in I've been seeing something. No one else has. It was usually late at night, but it has become more frequent.

My GF's mom moved out a couple weeks ago and her dad is home all of 2 nights a week, and my GF goes to College Mon-Thur and works Thur-Sun. Well I recently lost my job due to health issues and I am home all day every day now. And now that I'm home alone all the time I've noticed this thing or whatever it is, is making it's presence known during the day as well. I know in about 3 hours I will see it again. Like clockwork every night at around 3:30 in the morning it walks past me to my left. I really don't know why. I've experienced (as I mentioned above) a lot worse, so it really doesn't phase me anymore. I know now that I am very susceptible to whatever these entities are.

It's pretty much become apart of my life I guess. Last week I was getting out of my chair to go to the bathroom and wouldn't you know it, a frickin white figure walks right past my doorway right in front of me. It's become so common to me now that I just say out loud "Yup", I didn't even stop, I went through the doorway and to the bathroom. Every now and then though for no reason I get chills and can feel the hair on my neck go straight up. That's usually how I know it's within a few feet of me. It doesn't feel dangerous or evil though, so I feel safe about it being here. I really don't mind it, I just would like it to not keep appearing to my left and walking by my doorway in the middle of the day.

I can usually tell if a house has some form of paranormal energy present. I know that sounds crazy, heck I think it sounds crazy. I've gone to family members or friends houses to hang out and every now and then I get an odd sensation upon entering some of their homes. I immediately get light headed and have to pause. I usually equate that with there being some form of energy being present. I don't know how else to explain it.

Old 11-24-2013, 12:58 AM   #65 (permalink)

Quote:
People will probably think I'm nuts after all of this. Given my experience at my Grandparents old house and what I've been experiencing for the last year. But here it is.

June of 2012 my GF and I moved in with her parents due to financial reasons. Anyways, ever since we moved in I've been seeing something. No one else has. It was usually late at night, but it has become more frequent.

My GF's mom moved out a couple weeks ago and her dad is home all of 2 nights a week, and my GF goes to College Mon-Thur and works Thur-Sun. Well I recently lost my job due to health issues and I am home all day every day now. And now that I'm home alone all the time I've noticed this thing or whatever it is, is making it's presence known during the day as well. I know in about 3 hours I will see it again. Like clockwork every night at around 3:30 in the morning it walks past me to my left. I really don't know why. I've experienced (as I mentioned above) a lot worse, so it really doesn't phase me anymore. I know now that I am very susceptible to whatever these entities are.

It's pretty much become apart of my life I guess. Last week I was getting out of my chair to go to the bathroom and wouldn't you know it, a frickin white figure walks right past my doorway right in front of me. It's become so common to me now that I just say out loud "Yup", I didn't even stop, I went through the doorway and to the bathroom. Every now and then though for no reason I get chills and can feel the hair on my neck go straight up. That's usually how I know it's within a few feet of me. It doesn't feel dangerous or evil though, so I feel safe about it being here. I really don't mind it, I just would like it to not keep appearing to my left and walking by my doorway in the middle of the day.

I can usually tell if a house has some form of paranormal energy present. I know that sounds crazy, heck I think it sounds crazy. I've gone to family members or friends houses to hang out and every now and then I get an odd sensation upon entering some of their homes. I immediately get light headed and have to pause. I usually equate that with there being some form of energy being present. I don't know how else to explain it.

I want your paranormal activity for a day...just a day. Pls
Old 11-24-2013, 01:04 AM   #66 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhyster66 View Post
No returns lol
eBay sellers beware, I will leave you a neutral if you don't at least include a toploader when shipping a card. Feel free to block me if you don't ship with a toploader or secured card holder. That is all.
High-End Bucket: http://s1135.photobucket.com/albums/m627/AvenOZ/High-End%20and%20HTG/
CP3toOKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 01:17 AM   #67 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhyster66 View Post
What I consider just plain old everyday activity I'm sure most would freak out too. Unless you have something walk right in front of you in the middle of day on a daily basis, it's not something you would jump up and down in joy about the first time you experience it. I can tell you though, I've never been more afraid of something in my life as this...and I'm used to paranormal energies/activity (I'll re-post from a previous post of mine)

Quote:

I can't explain the things I saw and heard. But after that night I never sensed, smelled or saw my Grandma again. That was 3 years ago...The only thing I can think is that on that night something evil wanted in, but my Grandmother fought to keep it out and to protect me. I try not to view it as she lost and it took her. I try to view it as she was there with me the whole time leading up to that night because something was trying to make it's way in and she knew she'd have to fight it. She was always a tough lady and she never went down without a fight especially against Cancer. And that the reason I never felt her presence or saw her after that morning was because she knew after that I would be safe.

Old 11-24-2013, 01:23 AM   #68 (permalink)

Yea, I've seen quite a few things.. heard things too.

It's all really scary. Been a while though.

In a weird way I almost want something scary to happen again lol.
Nyfancam01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 08:05 AM   #69 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueNE_09 View Post

I'm w/you.

I have a couple of small "experiences"

buddy and myself were messing w/a ouija board maybe 10-15+ years ago. we were in his basement, lights off and only the tv for some "candle light". we hardly did anything and the marker moved, then the tv started to flicker, changed channels, went to snow and then started flashing crosses! we tossed on the lights and threw that board into it's box and way under the couch!

When I was in tempe, I used to hear voices in my vents. it was freaky and it was not the neighbors or the ac. for some reason I actually thought someone was murdered in my apartment at one point in time.

I have a toilet in the master bathroom which will occasionaly flush itself. there is nothing wrong with it and it happens maybe a couple of days a month and only overnight.

I used to dream - or see in a half sleep things in my windows. maybe it was a dream from all the ufo and alien books and shows I watched growing up or maybe I was abducted cartman style and they were keeping tabs...

my wifes cousin is a witch. she lives in salem and a hop skip and a jump from gallows pole, right on gallows hill. I've never seen her do anything, but I've met other witches and sat in on some seances (mostly because we were young and hitting on the little girl witches )
http://sportscardalbum.com/u/cactuspies
RIP Mom 10/8/09, PAPAJIM 11/22/10
Cactuspies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 09:32 AM   #70 (permalink)

Well this thread sucks. I just closed on a farmhouse that was built in the 1850s and now I'm freaked the f out lol
silverandblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 10:24 AM   #71 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

Quote:

Holy crap man, that is crazy. Not sure how I would take that.

On one hand, your grandma seems to be a comforting presence. On the other hand, your grandma is dead which is freaky as hell.

I don't believe in the paranormal, but there are times I wish my dad would make his presence known, just for me to know that he is okay. I miss him and wish that I could say what I didn't say before he died.
freethrowtommy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 08:44 PM   #72 (permalink)

Great thread. C'mon, does anybody else have a good story?

I guess it doesn't make sense if I don't include mine. My parents have lived in the same house since they have been married. My Mom always felt the sense of a presence in what we call the "back room" ("back room" being an extra room on the first floor where us kids would entertain our friends). Disclaimer: I spent almost ALL of my time in the back room during my high school years. My Mom and I always talked about ghosts and afterlife and whatnot. Well, in my junior year, I saw a weird mist above the doorframe of the back room. I saw it a few times since until I randomly mentioned it to my Mom during my senior year. She said she saw it too...when she was pregnant with me. She felt it was the spirit of the previous owner, who died in that room. After that, we all referred to it by his name when we talked about it.

The really weird thing I didn't think about until I typed this message...My Mom died in that room a few years ago. Really creepy thinking about it in hindsight.
nate3579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 01:23 AM   #73 (permalink)

So much for sleeping tonight
huskerman47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 02:19 AM   #74 (permalink)

About ten years ago, we used to go up to my grandmothers house and mow her lawn for her, give her some company, and then go fishing. I remember my dad and I stayed in a spare bedroom at her home and we would hear footsteps walking up and down the hallways, and I swear I saw a figure in the corner on more than one occassion (there had been two deaths prior in that home). My grandmother's dog would go apeshit sometimes at inanimate objects as well. She used to tell me stories about weird whistling and singing at night, and ironically, I would hear singing and whistling right beside the bed I was laying in some nights and other times above the bed. After my grandmother passed away, we were cleaning out her home and one of the people helping us yelled for help when cleaning the basement. When we found her, she said that she saw figures walking around the basement and one was my grandmother. Since then, that house has been sold and abandoned twice due to the hauntings. That is one scary ass house.
Old 11-27-2013, 02:32 AM   #75 (permalink)

Story number two:
A couple years back, my mom was diagnosed with leukemia after getting an unusual CBC result and getting a specialist consult. I remember she drove with her friend to where I was going to school and she talked to me about it and treatment etc. She went home that night and I didn't hear anything else from her. About a month later I call her and ask her how she is doing, and she said she is doing fine. She says that her dad is helping her. My grandfather had passed away three years before that, so I was quite perplexed. I questioned how he was helping, and she said that on days where she was really struggling, she would hear footsteps come up to her room and someone would sit on the bed and rub her back until she fell asleep. I asked her how many times this has happened, if she ever looked to see who it was, etc. She said she knew it was him by his presence, she did see him, and it happened frequently.

I know my mother, and she would never lie about something like that. I have stayed in the house since and although sometimes I may hear unusual noises, I haven't experienced anything like that. However, if it is happening, I hope it continues.