Blowout Cards Forums
2014 holiday shipping promo

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2014, 10:06 AM   #101 (permalink)

I actually feel better after reading some of these. I've had numerous similar experiences in my life and have always just figured a way to rationalize them (light refraction, wind blowing, trees rustling etc). That all stopped about 16 years ago.

I had a single story house which was only about six years old. It had sat vacant for about two years before I purchased it and I got it for a very good price. It was in a nice neighborhood and even overlooked a lake. Really was a beautiful house. We are talking in Sothern California where houses don't sit vacant when priced well. Anywho, pretty much from the start things were strange. I would often see movement out of the corner of my eye, lights turning on by themselves down the hallway and what sounded like chains being dragged across the rafters. Again, I always just told myself that it was natural and I was being silly. Until ..........

One night, about 3 am, my girlfriend was over for the night and we were sleeping. My dog was on my side of the bed and her dog on hers. Both dogs were the type that bark at their own shadows much less strangers or noises. The bedroom door was shut but not locked as I always do as I've always been paranoid about strangers walking up on me while sleeping. Not sure how closing the door will protect me but I digress. Out of nowhere there was a huge, and I mean huge bang on the door that came from outside the door. It truly sounded like Reggie Roby himself had tried to kick an 85 yard field goal. It was a violent bang too if that makes sense.

My soon to be fiance () and I sat straight up in bed at the same time and I turned on the lights. While getting my bearings I noticed that neither dog stirred. The door was still shut and to be perfectly honest I expected to see it laying on the floor, off of its hinges and splintered. Nope. My brain figured that obviously someone was in the house and kicked the door but I couldn't figure out why it wasn't broken after such a forceful kick.

I searched the house, including the garage and attic and everything was as it should be. Needless to say that we slept with the lights on the rest of the night. The dogs never did alert. That house always gave me a bad, dark feeling from day one until I sold it. I miss the house but not whatever was inside of it.

Fast forward a few years, we move to Texas and bought a rather large house that had a large family room with vaulted ceilings. The second floor was open to the stairway and upstairs hallway. On a regular basis I would see a small girl standing at the top of the stairs and walking the hallway. Completely different feel from the earlier house though. Not disturbing, she was just there. I kept it to myself and after about six months my now wife of six years () told me that she had been seeing her and described 100% what I had seen. This without me ever mentioning it. I had guests also see her and tell me without being prompted. We lived in that house for five years and you could always sense things but they weren't bad. We moved about two years ago and have had no instances since.

I really want to not believe as I have a scientific/analytic mind. I have a difficult time with faith and believing in things that can't be proven 100% for a fact or recreated in a laboratory. I just have no way to explain things I have experienced though.

Last edited by jmscoggin; 03-26-2014 at 10:08 AM.
jmscoggin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 12:18 PM   #102 (permalink)

When I was about 10 years old, my father bought an older house in Columbia, MD. The neighborhood kids had told me that Sgt. Michael (not sure if that was his name) died in the house after fighting cancer from being Agent Oranged in 'Nam - thought they were just trying to scare me. One night, our German Sheppard that slept at the foot of my bed, started to growl a bit. I woke up to see a figure standing in the hallway and it appeared to be facing me, if that what you want to call it - it had no face. Scared the absolute #@#@#@#@ out of me, I couldn't even call out for my Dad I was so terrified. It disappeared and I never saw it again. Over the course of a few years, we would have random odd things happen at night usually. One night we heard someone trying to open the door that went to the garage - There was no-one there and no way anyone could have done it unless they were in our house.

Currently, my sister lives on a farm in South Carolina, and the ghost in her house will corral her dogs into a bathroom, and shut the door locking them in - the ghost does it ALL of the time. I told her to get a video camera and record it because If it happens that regularly, it should be easy to catch on film. At night, my sister and her husband hear sounds like breaking glass and someone bouncing a basketball at all hours of the night. My older brother visited her a few months back and completely confirmed everything, and he DOES NOT believe in ghosts but was pretty freaked out.
Old 03-26-2014, 01:00 PM   #103 (permalink)

i want to see a video of this. shouldn't be too hard to set up a nanny cam facing the bathroom.

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.
Clarka3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 01:58 AM   #104 (permalink)

Bump this up. Who has a story tonight.
Old 04-02-2014, 02:06 AM   #105 (permalink)

ghosts , jesus , spirits , leprechauns , gremlins ..... its all baloney .
mma138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 02:14 AM   #106 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mma138 View Post
Come to Savannah, GA. We will show ya that spirits are real.
Old 04-02-2014, 06:41 AM   #107 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarka3 View Post
i want to see a video of this. shouldn't be too hard to set up a nanny cam facing the bathroom.
yeah, video or it didn't happen.
Old 04-02-2014, 06:42 AM   #108 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mma138 View Post
i hope a goblin bites you in the taint whilst you sleep.
Old 04-02-2014, 07:22 AM   #109 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawksmack View Post
Bump this up. Who has a story tonight.
I got one that happened recently. Me and my wife were set to move into our new house a few months ago, but there were a couple of days in between having to be out of the old house and into the new house where there was no heat in either house (gas company is garbage, but that's another story); so we had to stay with my mom.

My mom still lives in the house I grew up in, so no big deal, she turned my old bedroom into a guest room so it was all convenient. Every person in my family has had an "experience" at one time or another in this house but I won't get into that right now. Anyways, on the 2nd night we were at my mom's, it was about 2:00-3:00 AM and we were sound asleep when we hear a loud boom coming from the staircase/door to upstairs. I grab a baseball bat from the closet (some of my old baseball gear is still in the closet) and open the bedroom door. It's pitch black but I know my way around in the dark so I make my way to the hallway light when I stumble over one of those light up tables for babies which starts playing twinkle twinkle little star and lighting up all crazily. My mom has some toys for my nephew (2 years old) that she keeps upstairs to bring down when he comes over. I turn on the light and find that there's a bunch of toys all up and down the stairs and at the bottom of the staircase. The door to upstairs is wide open which is strange in itself since the door is kept shut and locked (from the downstairs side) when nobody is up there. My wife is giving me this wtf look, my mom is still asleep in her bedroom somehow. Then before I can try to formulate in my head what the hell is going on, the alarm goes off. I tell my wife to go back into the bedroom and lock the door. My mom comes out of her bedroom finally and runs right by me to the kitchen where the alarm panel is located. She turns off the alarm with her pin number and the phone rings. She picks it up and the customer service for the alarm company wants to know if there is a disturbance and if we want the police sent. I advise my mom to tell them yes and tell her to get back in her bedroom. I lock the door back up to the upstairs in case someone is up there so I can keep them up there. I look around the downstairs and don't see anything amiss.

The police arrive, they check the basement and also the upstairs and don't find anything strange. They then check the outside of the house and find that the door to the breezeway looks like it had been attempted to be pried open. The breezeway door sits directly below the window at the top of the staircase. I check the window and it's still locked from the inside of the house and does not look tampered with in any way. Now this window can be reached from the outside, but you're gonna need a really big ladder and some big balls to try and get to it with snow on the ground and very cold winter ohio weather.

Now I don't know if this is a ghost story, or the story of an incredibly good burglar who really knows how to cover his tracks. Either way, the whole experienced freaked me out it did.
Old 04-03-2014, 02:25 PM   #110 (permalink)

there was this one time I was driving home extremely drunk (bad idea, don't try this at home kids). I stopped in a local church parking lot to drain the main vein since i was on the verge of peeing my pants.

I hop out of the truck and start peeing near the woods. To this day i don't know how to describe what I saw or even if I saw it or if it was just me being a drunk idiot.

looked like a white figure in a clearing not too far off. just as quickly as I saw it, it disappeared.

i was probably drunk.

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.
Clarka3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 01:07 AM   #111 (permalink)

Some scary sh!t went down last Saturday night. Not sure if this has happened to anyone before. My wife and I went to bed around 11 and right as we were resting for a minutes of silence we heard a light knock at our door. It sounded like someone was trying to be quit by taping there fingers on the door. I honestly thought it might have been my older brother who was coming to visit the holiday weekend. He text me earlier and said he was coming on Sunday. I jumped up a little paranoid because it was late. I looked out my window to see if anyone was parked outside. I can't see the front door out of my bedroom window. But know one was parked out front. I ran into the living room and peaked out my window and know one was at the front door. I ran down into the basement and checked everything out and still know one there. I jumped outside and cased the joint and nothing. My wife wasn't to phased by this and went back to bed. I went into full combat mode because I felt like there was something there. I ended up staying up until 2:00 am with my gun peaking out the living room window in the dark waiting on the return of this mysterious knock. I started to google three knocks and was freaking out at this point. The next day we learned three kids died in our small town died in a tragic roll over accident late that night. Kind of creepy to think about considering what three knocks at the doors means.

Last edited by Hawksmack; 05-31-2014 at 01:14 AM.
Hawksmack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 01:12 AM   #112 (permalink)

Quote:
Some scary sh!t went down last Saturday night. Not sure if this has happened to anyone before. My wife and I went to bed around 11 and right as we were resting for a minutes of silence we heard a light knock at our door. It sounded like someone was trying to be quit by taping there fingers on the door. I honestly thought it might have been my older brother who was coming to visit the holiday weekend. He text me earlier and said he was coming on Sunday. I jumped up a little paranoid because it was late. I looked out my window to see if anyone was parked outside. I can't see the front door out of my bedroom window. But know one was parked out front. I ran into the living room and peaked out my window and know one was at the front door. I ran down into the basement and checked everything out and still know one there. I jumped outside and cased the joint and nothing. My wife wasn't to phased by this and went back to bed. I went into full combat mode because I felt like there was something there. I ended up staying up until 2:00 am with my gun peaking out the living room window in the dark waiting on the return of this mysterious knock. I started to google three knocks and was freaking out at this point. The next day we learned three kids died in our small town in a tragic roll over accident late that night. Kind of creepy to think about considering what three knocks at the doors means.
Yah, I really needed to read this just before bed time... thanks!
Nicnac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 01:15 AM   #113 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicnac View Post
Yah, I really needed to read this just before bed time... thanks!
If it makes you feel better my wife thought it was our ice maker in our freezer. But every hair on the back of my head was upright. I was creeped out.
Old 06-02-2014, 01:28 PM   #114 (permalink)

Same thing happened to me with the knocks on the door over the weekend, except it was Friday night.

We were having a graduation party and it was winding down. It was probably around 10pm and there were about 6 of us in the kitchen talking. At least three of us heard knocks at the front door (about 25 feet away) and immediately walked in that direction. Just moments before the knocks, I saw what appeared to be someone walking up to the door through the mini blinds. The porch light shines light across the blinds and something definitely moved past. In fairness, it could have been car headlights on our street because it can have that visual effect too. We opened the door and no one was there. I immediately grabbed my flashlight and walked around the property, but nothing. Figured it could have been kids pranking, but it was a bit unsettling.

About an hour later, still in the kitchen, I heard the ice maker on the fridge drop ice and it sounded very much the knocking from earlier. The odd thing is that we were standing 3 feet from the fridge when the knocks happened, but we all looked at the front door which is 25 feet away.

Still not sure if there was an actual knock or if it was the fridge. Nothing was out of place the next morning in the yard, so I assume we were all just fooled by the ice maker.
muchotix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 03:24 PM   #115 (permalink)

Why do I keep coming back to this thread? Bump!
Old 07-06-2014, 12:25 AM   #116 (permalink)

Hate to just bump, so I will add another story. Never really wanted to tell this, but I don't think any of you know me personally, so I will let rip. First of all, my parents' house has wooden stairs leading to the basement. Now, most stairs are carpeted, but my parents' were just wood. Also, most stairs have a sort of "backstop" on every step, you know, so your foot doesn't slip through the stairs (goes from the bottom back of one step to the top front of the next step up). Well, the stairs to my parent's basement was missing the "backstop" to the top step leading to the basement. Freaked me out always, to the point were I always skipped that first step when I went downstairs. Needless to say, the basement was always a freaky place for me.

So my friend and his father picked me up one night when my parents weren't around, and the lights to my basement were right by the door where our driveway is. I made sure to turn off all of the lights in the basement before I left, because I am a lot OCD. When I was dropped off at home later that night, my parents were still not home. I took my spare key and let myself in. I waved goodbye as I entered the house. As they drove down the road, I entered the house to see that ALL of the lights in the basement were on. At the ripe age of 12, I freaked out. My friend and his dad were already out of site driving away, so I was stuck by myself for another 1/2 hour or so. Maybe my parents came home and forgot to turn them off, but I saw no signs of them being there. I was actually more concerned about there being a home invasion, but in hindsight, with nobody else in the house, it could've been something else (see my previous post in this thread for details - also gives a good opportunity to re-read other people's stories).

I have one more great story regarding my aunt & uncle's house over New Year's, but no way is that getting told without some more stories from others...
nate3579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 12:58 AM   #117 (permalink)

Quote:
Some scary sh!t went down last Saturday night. Not sure if this has happened to anyone before. My wife and I went to bed around 11 and right as we were resting for a minutes of silence we heard a light knock at our door. It sounded like someone was trying to be quit by taping there fingers on the door. I honestly thought it might have been my older brother who was coming to visit the holiday weekend. He text me earlier and said he was coming on Sunday. I jumped up a little paranoid because it was late. I looked out my window to see if anyone was parked outside. I can't see the front door out of my bedroom window. But know one was parked out front. I ran into the living room and peaked out my window and know one was at the front door. I ran down into the basement and checked everything out and still know one there. I jumped outside and cased the joint and nothing. My wife wasn't to phased by this and went back to bed. I went into full combat mode because I felt like there was something there. I ended up staying up until 2:00 am with my gun peaking out the living room window in the dark waiting on the return of this mysterious knock. I started to google three knocks and was freaking out at this point. The next day we learned three kids died in our small town died in a tragic roll over accident late that night. Kind of creepy to think about considering what three knocks at the doors means.

Well after reading that then doing a google search on what the 3 knocks meaan, im not sleeping now.....
Truemountaineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 06:32 PM   #118 (permalink)

I was working late night in an elderly grouphome. Just doing night watch. One of our hospice care just died a few days ago in the grouphome.

about 2am i heard one of the residents screaming in her room that there was somebody in the room. I went to check it out and saw the sliding door open with the wind blowing. I went to the kitchen grabbed a weapon and pre dialed 911 on the phone. I was thinking a burglar was in the house. I checked the room and no one was there. Weird and a bit creepy. This happened a few more days exactly at 2am and the sliding doors were again opened. The resident was insisting there was someone in her room. It stopped after a few days. Creepy.
Old 07-13-2014, 02:00 PM   #119 (permalink)

Since I have yet to add my share to this, I'll add my personal video of the Sensabaugh Tunnel. We had heard about this place for quite a while, and after one of our basketball coaches had shared his grim experience and refused to return there with us, we thought, hey, we'd go witness it for ourselves. There is a creek that runs through it, which explains why you can't really hear us mocking the girl that went missing there. Look at the end of the tunnel before the lights go off and after they come back on. Something moves across the camera, and all five of us can confirm that nothing was there to start with, and the fact that it was a Tuesday morning (2am-ish) leads me to believe that it wasn't a person or other teenager walking around...

http://iconosquare.com/viewer.php#/d...2918_177901230
Old 07-13-2014, 02:27 PM   #120 (permalink)

My story is pretty lame compared to others in the thread but I'll tell it anyway.

When I was younger, say in 1st grade or so, I just moved into a new house. It was a brand new home that was built and at that time I didn't really believe in any of that type of stuff. So, a year passes by and everything is normal but on one particularity night something freaked me out.

It happened to be just before Easter. My parents always warned me to stay in bed and in my room otherwise the Easter bunny wouldn't give any baskets or eggs because I would "scare" him off. As usual I always had a difficult time sleeping on nights like this before Easter and other holidays like Christmas. However, I would always stay in bed all night in fear of ruining them coming. After having a tough time falling asleep the night before I awoke to noises. I thought It was the Easter bunny so I remained in my bed quiet yet excited. As I remained still in bed I heard footsteps coming up to my room so I put my head completely under the covers to pretend like I was sleeping but secretly I was looking out through a tiny hole in my blanket. A complete white being approached my room and stood there peaking in for what felt like forever. However, it was a mere ten seconds. I could only make out part of the body but what I saw was all white. Becoming extremely scared I closed my eyes as tight as I could for several minutes and then finally mustered the courage to make a run for my parents room. So, I took off from my bed to see nothing and when I got to my parents room, them sound asleep. I slept there the rest of the night and I when I got up the next morning I saw indents in the carpet right outside my room. I've yet to tell anyway till right now, in this thread. To tell everyone the truth I completely forgot but now everything seems so vivid. I know whatever I saw was not my mom or dad.

Last edited by packers04; 07-13-2014 at 02:41 PM.
packers04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 02:57 PM   #121 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by packers04 View Post
My story is pretty lame compared to others in the thread but I'll tell it anyway.

When I was younger, say in 1st grade or so, I just moved into a new house. It was a brand new home that was built and at that time I didn't really believe in any of that type of stuff. So, a year passes by and everything is normal but on one particularity night something freaked me out.

It happened to be just before Easter. My parents always warned me to stay in bed and in my room otherwise the Easter bunny wouldn't give any baskets or eggs because I would "scare" him off. As usual I always had a difficult time sleeping on nights like this before Easter and other holidays like Christmas. However, I would always stay in bed all night in fear of ruining them coming. After having a tough time falling asleep the night before I awoke to noises. I thought It was the Easter bunny so I remained in my bed quiet yet excited. As I remained still in bed I heard footsteps coming up to my room so I put my head completely under the covers to pretend like I was sleeping but secretly I was looking out through a tiny hole in my blanket. A complete white being approached my room and stood there peaking in for what felt like forever. However, it was a mere ten seconds. I could only make out part of the body but what I saw was all white. Becoming extremely scared I closed my eyes as tight as I could for several minutes and then finally mustered the courage to make a run for my parents room. So, I took off from my bed to see nothing and when I got to my parents room, them sound asleep. I slept there the rest of the night and I when I got up the next morning I saw indents in the carpet right outside my room. I've yet to tell anyway till right now, in this thread. To tell everyone the truth I completely forgot but now everything seems so vivid. I know whatever I saw was not my mom or dad.
That's creepy...

On another note, myself and some friends are going to check out an old abandoned high school in the area sometime this week.
Old 07-13-2014, 03:20 PM   #122 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigaust001 View Post
That's creepy...

On another note, myself and some friends are going to check out an old abandoned high school in the area sometime this week.
Cool! Make sure to update the thread after you go. I just stumbled apon the thread and have read nearly every story now. Personally I hate scary stuff like this and never would try to go to places but I love hearing stories about it
Old 07-13-2014, 03:43 PM   #123 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigaust001 View Post
Since I have yet to add my share to this, I'll add my personal video of the Sensabaugh Tunnel. We had heard about this place for quite a while, and after one of our basketball coaches had shared his grim experience and refused to return there with us, we thought, hey, we'd go witness it for ourselves. There is a creek that runs through it, which explains why you can't really hear us mocking the girl that went missing there. Look at the end of the tunnel before the lights go off and after they come back on. Something moves across the camera, and all five of us can confirm that nothing was there to start with, and the fact that it was a Tuesday morning (2am-ish) leads me to believe that it wasn't a person or other teenager walking around...

http://iconosquare.com/viewer.php#/d...2918_177901230
I don't have a instagram account to be able to view that link...
eBay sellers beware, I will leave you a neutral if you don't at least include a toploader when shipping a card. Feel free to block me if you don't ship with a toploader or secured card holder. That is all.
High-End Bucket: http://s1135.photobucket.com/albums/m627/AvenOZ/High-End%20and%20HTG/
CP3toOKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 05:15 PM   #124 (permalink)

I have a genie in a bottle..........baby
Mt death2redemption...you started this by your lies!!! A real stand up member!!! You have said lie after lie after lie about me...its funny whenever I used to say anything you would not use my quote but add or subtract to it....I guess you have to keep your fake world going....oh just if your members knew... your worse then a liar....your a created of lies.... - Jason Mars
death2redemptions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 03:48 AM   #125 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by packers04 View Post

wait, have we ruled out this actually being the easter bunny?