Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Front Page (card ed)

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2008, 02:06 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Upper Deck redemption cards, what is the average redemption time?

I don't buy a ton of sportscards, I'm much more of a non-sport jumkie, but I do still dabble a bit (remnants of my rabid childhood hockey card craze) and I seem to pull redemption cards a fair bit for the amount I buy and they always seem to take forever. The last one I actually had redeemed was some basketball RC jersey card who I can't even recall. it took 8 months and the card they sent was actually a replacement and came with a note saying the card I was supposed to get was unavailable. I currently have 3 UD redemptions running:

4/28/2007 - TOMAS VOKOUN / STEVE SULLIVAN
06/07 NHL TRILOGY AUTO 1-2 COMBO CLEARCUT CD# C2-VS

Status- Athlete committed to signing soon, please be patient.

This one actually had the notation that "cards will begin shipping in October" all the way into December until it changed back to the generic "Athlete committed to signing soon, please be patient."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

4/21/2007- MYSTERY CELEBRITY
2007 SPECTRUM BASEBALL SPECTRUM OF THE STARS AUTO

Status- Waiting for stock to be confirmed and shipped.

The status on this one just changed since I checked it yesterday!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

11/10/2007- Rookie #237
2007-08 NHL Artifacts Hockey Rookie Redemptions

Status- Check back for more details.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

So 2 are at 10 months and counting (although it looks like 1 of them MIGHT be getting ready to ship at long last and the RC is at over 3 months, no auto or jersey, just a plain serial numbered mystery RC.

So what is the typical redemption time from UD? I'm pretty patient but as things get close to a full year I'm starting to get annoyed. I thought one of the reasons companies switched to those godawful sticker autos was to make things faster and easier.
Incarnadine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 09:47 PM   #2 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

With UD... FOREVER!
Old 02-18-2008, 12:46 PM   #3 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to HitDog44

I have 27 currently showing on my 'Shipped' list with an avg turn time of just over 6 months. The longest being 2 1/4 years for a Billy Williams auto, the shortest 2 weeks for an Alge Crumpler Auto/Patch. The '04-'05 redemptions took over a year on avg (most ending in replacements), the '06-'07 are closer to 3 months (with the exception to the MYSTERY CELEBRITY 2007 SPECTRUM BASEBALL SPECTRUM OF THE STARS AUTO which I have had on the 'Pending' list since 4/2006).

STM
Old 02-18-2008, 12:51 PM   #4 (permalink)

What happened to the 45 day wait????
fungi2510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 01:03 PM   #5 (permalink)

Is the Redm time any faster with the online method? I have a SPA redem, just wondering how long to expect.

RIP PAPAJIM
keggobelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 01:09 PM   #6 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to iluvfish2 Send a message via Yahoo to iluvfish2

I would think online is faster. At a minimum, you know when you redeem the card (you'll get an email back from UD), plus you can keep the redemption card to go with the actual card when it comes in. I'm averaging anywhere from 10 days to 3-6 months depending on the card and/or product.
iluvfish2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 01:13 PM   #7 (permalink)

Thank you... now I have a shorter time to wait for my non numbered Marc Bulger auto WooHoo

RIP PAPAJIM
keggobelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 07:28 PM   #8 (permalink)

I just checked my mail and got something from UD, I actually thought it might be my Mystery Celebrity auto but instead it was 2 "complimentary cards"

The note says:

"We appreciate your patience and support on our fulfillment process. We are working diligently to have your item completed much earlier, but unfortunately that did not take place. We have updated the status of your item on-line and we hope to have it available for you in the coming weeks.

As a thank you for your patience with this process we have enclosed a complimentary item.

I got 2 cards, a 2005-06 SP Authentic sign of the times Marcel Hossa autograph and a 2003 UD Portraits Paul Kariya Hockey Headliners jersey card (1 big green swatch). Nothing earth shattering, they are probably worth maybe $4 combined but at least UD made some sort of gesture.
Incarnadine is offline   Reply With Quote